Jump to ratings and reviews

Dirty Dining

Jeremy Linden’s a PhD student researching an HIV vaccine. He’s always short of money, and when biotech startup PharmaTek reduces funding for his fellowship, he’s tempted to take a job at a men’s dining club as a serving boy. The uniforms are skimpy, and he’s expected to remove an item of clothing after each course. He can handle that, but he soon discovers there’s more on the menu here than fine cuisine. How far will he go to pay his tuition, and will money get in the way when he realizes he’s interested in more from one of his gentlemen?

Brice Martin is an attorney for a Silicon Valley venture capital firm. When he’s asked to take a client to the infamous Dinner Club, he finds himself unexpectedly turned on by the atmosphere and especially by his server, Remy. He senses there’s more to the sexy young man than meets the eye. The paradox fascinates him, and he can’t get enough of Remy.

Their relationship quickly extends beyond the club and sex. But the trust and affection they’ve worked to achieve may crumble when Jeremy discovers Brice’s VC firm is the one that pulled the plug on PharmaTek—and Jeremy’s research grant.

230 pages, ebook

First published January 19, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

E.M. Lynley

48 books234 followers
EM Lynley writes gay erotic romance. She loves books where the hero gets the guy and the loving is 11 on a scale of 10. Her Precious Gems series is best described as “Indiana Jones meets Romancing the Stone”—only gayer. The Delectable series is Gay Romance with Taste.

A Rainbow Award winner and EPPIE finalist, EM has worked in high finance, high tech, and in the wine industry, though she'd rather be writing hot, romantic man-on-man action. She spent 10 years as an economist and financial analyst, including a year as a White House Staff Economist, but only because all the intern positions were filled. Tired of boring herself and others with dry business reports and articles, her creative muse is back and naughtier than ever. She has lived and worked in London, Tokyo and Washington, D.C., but the San Francisco Bay Area is home for now.

She is the author of Sex, Lies & Wedding Bells, the Precious Gems series from Dreamspinner Press, and the Rewriting History series starring a sexy jewel thief, among others. Her books are available in print and e-book from Amazon & other book distributors.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
January 30, 2015
~4.5~

The cover PROMISES.

And the book delivers!

This is one SEXY, sizzling read.

Pretty boys in skimpy costumes take their clothes off and put themselves on the menu at an exclusive Dinner Club for gentlemen who prefer dessert with a side of discretion and voyeurism.

I've complained aplenty about authors who show their MCs having sex on page with men who are not their love interest in the book.

Did this happen here? Yes.

Did it bother me? Incredibly, NO.

Graduate student Jeremy, working on research to develop an anti-HIV vaccine utilizing virus-like particles, decides to work at The Dinner Club to earn extra cash. He is ashamed but also aroused, especially when he meets the subdued Mr. Green, his gentlemen for the evening.

Mr. Green (Hunter Green to be precise) is a color-coded code name for Brice, a wealthy lawyer who works for a venture capitalist firm. Brice reluctantly agrees to join a colleague for dinner at the exclusive club. When he's matched with Jeremy on Greek Slave Boy night, it's lust at first sight.

I absolutely LOVED the other boys at the club, especially sweet Law and brash Kit, who stole every scene he was in.

The club, catering to wealthy gentlemen who want a blow job with their meal, was amazingly not creepy. There was something classy about the atmosphere. The boys were in charge. They did what they wanted to do, and they made good money doing it.

The scenes at the club were hawt as anything. The articles of clothing come off one by one, and EVERYONE watches. The atmosphere is charged, and the boys aren't shy.

Jeremy and Brice really burn up the sheets! There's a genuine connection between them, a true tenderness; they bond over pizza, long walks on the beach (AWWW!), and sleepy discussions. The conversations between them are sometimes funny, sometimes awkward, but always REAL.

Jeremy is a grad student at Cal Berkeley, my alma mater. As someone who lived in the Bay Area, I can say with certainty that the author KNOWS the place and knows it well. The descriptions are authentic, making the story truly come alive.

There is plenty of steam in this book, but the story does not skimp on character development, romance, or plot.

Jeremy worries about losing funding for his research, and Brice has to make some tough decisions. Brice wants to see Jeremy outside the club; they both want a real relationship, one not tainted by money. Both men worry; both are a little slow to trust.

The lust is instant, but the love takes time. Even a revelation about Brice's firm's involvement in Jeremy's research funding can't keep these two apart.

There was a moment when I wanted to smack Jeremy; he seriously overreacts. But Brice knows how to own his mistakes, and Jeremy knows how to apologize, so all is well that ends well.

I was grinning like a lunatic when reading the last chapter. I may have cheered when Brice barges in and . . .

Oh, hell, JUST READ THIS already! I loved it! You will too.

_________________________________________

SERIOUS COVER LUST!

Profile Image for *J* Too Many Books Too Little Time.
1,921 reviews3,431 followers
January 22, 2015
Boy did that cover suck me right in....

Sadly this one was a COVER...

This one just didn't work for me....

I am probably in the minority. With a cover like that, I didn't look too closely at the blurb.

I will say this book was DIRTY...and pretty damn HOT. But that was about it.

Jeremy and Brice meet at a men's dining club. Do these places really exist? Unfortunately I found myself uncomfortable reading about the dirty dining.

From the costumes, to the set up, to the sitting on the clients laps and feeding them....just no. Things felt very formal and um, stiff!

I kept hoping Brice and Jeremy would develop a relationship outside of the dirty dining.

Which they eventually do, but even that was weird.

Things still just didn't connect between them. Brice kept treating Jeremy like a whore, I never really saw their relationship and feelings grow. And then all of a sudden they are throwing out the "I love you's"!

And now I'm just rolling my eyes.

The drama at the end....

I had to start skimming at the halfway mark, even the sex.

So yeah, wasn't a fan of this one!
Profile Image for Nancy.
557 reviews759 followers
February 8, 2016
Posted at Outlaw Reviews

Living in California is expensive, and the money Jeremy Linden earns while pursuing his PhD and conducting research on an HIV vaccine is barely enough to cover the basics. So he reluctantly accepts a job at a classy men’s dinner club that promises $300 for just two hours of work. All he has to do is take off his clothes.

On Jeremy’s first night of work, he is assigned a client with a color-coded name (Mr. Green) and a skimpy costume fitting the dinner’s theme. The serving boys, wearing armbands to match their client’s lapel ribbons, are paraded around the large dining table and seated with their respective clients. They then deliver each of the six courses and remove an item of clothing at the diner’s request (or have the diner remove it for extra money). Some diners, like Mr. Green, are very new at this, and won’t want much more than dinner. More experienced diners want to be chatted up, fed, fondled, and even more. All the extras, of course, cost more and mean more money in the server’s pocket.

It all sounds rather sleazy, but I liked how the servers could decide how far they were willing to go for a diner. The manager in charge, Thomas, expected everyone to follow the established rules and he hired security staff in case anyone got out of hand. None of this felt cheap or exploitative, but extremely erotic.

I loved the instant chemistry between Remy and Mr. Green, who he later learns is Brice Martin, a lawyer for a venture capitalist firm. Though both men are in situations they are not totally comfortable with, their relationship begins to heat up. Remy becomes more confident in his new role and Mr. Green learns how to relax and enjoy.

Where this story starts to fail for me is when Jeremy and Brice begin a relationship outside the club. There was lots of hand wringing about sex for money, the inequality of the couple’s roles, and their insecurity, which got really tedious after a while and slowed the pace of the story. There is job-related conflict and misunderstandings, staid sex, and declarations of love, but I couldn’t feel the love or emotion between them.

I wish there had been better physical descriptions of our main characters, particularly Brice, who was compared to Richard Gere.

There was already enough of a Pretty Woman vibe throughout the story, so I tried really hard to picture another older guy with gray temples and the first guy who came to mind was:

The pat conclusion was disappointing and sappy and would have been more satisfying if Jeremy had decided for himself what he wanted for his future. Brice’s caveman behavior was totally unappealing and inappropriate and better suited for a Tarzan and Jane movie.

*Book provided by author in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Catherine.
1,557 reviews228 followers
January 24, 2015
*** 2.5 Stars ***

When this book first crossed my radar, I was VERY excited to get my hot little hands on it. Who wouldn't?! I wanted to do dirty, dirty things to this cover model. Seriously, I took one look at this abs... er, I mean, man and my brain short circuited into an unrelieved loop of "UNF! UNF! UNF!" The book had to be excellent too, right?!

Sadly, it was not. Dirty Dining just did NOT live up to that stellar cover.

The book started out with a lot of promise. I really liked the premise of the nerdy microbiologist so dedicated to continuing his work on an HIV vaccine that he turns to prostitution to fund his research. And, I thought the twist on the world's oldest profession (taking it to the kink-tastic Dinner Club instead of a street corner or a Craigslist ad) was pretty damn creative. I also appreciated Brice and Jeremy's initial unease with each other and the way their personalities shone through what could have been a seedy situation.

Unfortunately, though, what started out molten hot (hello, Mr. Sky Blue!) turn repetitive and boring very quickly. One moment I was all "I'll have what she's having!" this novel, and the next I was bored out of my skull.

There's a point in every romance novel with a character who is a prostitute when the MCs need to transition from client and sex worker to men with real feelings for each other who can't help but break the boundaries of their initial interactions. I like the couples in the romance novels I read, well... couple-y. I want dates and sweet glances and hot sex (exclusively with one another, I should point out). Lynley got there eventually, but I felt like it took too long.

And when it did, I still felt like it lacked the emotional punch that I was looking for. I had to read the Big Misunderstanding scene twice before I realized it was an honest to goodness fight. Yes, I could see that the characters were upset, but the whole thing was just so conversational - their tones both so even and in control - that when Jeremy , I was a little shocked. And when Brice , I just didn't buy it. I didn't think that they were at that point yet.

Bottom line, this one just didn't do it for me. *shrug*

It's interesting to note that the early reviews on this one seem to be love it (4.5 to 5 stars) or hate it (DNFs and 2 stars) - there's really not many in between. So, feel free to ignore my review and give it a whirl. If you are still enjoying the hell out of it between 20-50% progress on your Kindle, you'll probably end up on the high end of the reading experience. If you're bored and not feeling it, I recommend DNFing and moving on to the next smexy book on your TBR pile.
Profile Image for Kade Boehme.
Author 33 books1,054 followers
January 20, 2015
And THIS is why I read EM Lynley. Not only was it engaging and the characters so sweet, but she always knows her stuff. The characters felt real, well rounded. And good effing lord... This was HOOOOT. I just loved it. Was drawn in from beginning to end. Thanks to EM Lynley for a great read!
Profile Image for MaDoReader.
1,365 reviews147 followers
March 23, 2016
Sí, le he dado a este libro una estrella, 1= no me gustó
No, no quiero decir que el libro sea malo, sólo que no me gustó.

Idea de partida buena, mala ejecución.
La portada espectacular, eso sí.
Profile Image for Trisha Harrington.
Author 2 books123 followers
May 27, 2015
4 stars!

Dirty Dining was recommended to me several times and I always meant to get around to reading it. It just took some time. I’m so glad I finally did get around to it. This book is sexy, and sweet and I really, really liked it!

I was a little nervous starting this book because the idea of MC’s having sex with people who aren’t their love interests can be off-putting for me. But it didn’t bother me here. Besides, there was no penetration and the MC’s weren’t together at the time. So it didn’t really take from my enjoyment of the story.

I loved both MC’s. Brice is a lawyer and Jeremy is a grad student. Apart from one moment, which I will come back to, they were both extremely likable and I found myself rooting for both guys.

Brice and Jeremy have such awesome chemistry. They worked really well together and I loved seeing them grow and spend more time together. They were also extremely hot and I loved how sexy some of their scenes were. But there was an emotional side to the story, too. There were some lovely moments between the guys that just made this story really good for me.

I loved Kit and Law, two of the guys at the Dinner Club. Kit stole every scene he was in and Law was a real sweetheart.

The moment the drama between Jeremy and Brice was added was the moment I got really annoyed with Jeremy. He overreacted in a major way, which annoyed me so much. But things worked out because Jeremy was able to apologize and Brice was able to admit his mistakes. It was great to see because I definitely thought Jeremy especially needed to make things right.

The ending was great. I did get a little annoyed with what was going down, but that was short lived and I was grinning like an idiot in the end. It was just a really sweet ending for a really great couple.

I would definitely recommend this book if you want a nice, sexy read. It left me with a huge smile on my face.

A copy of this book was provided by Dreamspinner Press in exchange for a fair and honest review.

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
Profile Image for BevS.
2,689 reviews2 followers
January 21, 2015

Well, the gorgeous cover tempted me into putting this into my DsP basket back in December, I hold my hands up and freely admit it, hehe. I'd never read an EM Lynley story before, but unfortunately I really can't say I was that bothered with this story OUTSIDE of the dining room scenes, which were damn hot, sizzling hot!! To me, Jeremy and Brice just never seemed to gel until the last 30% of the book when they nearly broke up because of something Brice unknowingly did. For those of you worried about the kink aspect...it's voyeurism and well, toe curling doesn't cut it...AT ALL!!

photo images241_zps6808bd0e.jpg

I especially want Kit to have a story of his own, I hearted him, and I suppose Mr Sky Blue deserves a happy ending of his own too, for treating 'Remy' and the rest of the boys so nicely. 4 stars from me.
Profile Image for Keveen.
136 reviews8 followers
January 20, 2015
4.25 STARS

Okay first of all, I'm gonna say that a big part of this book is not my cuppa but I gave it a try because my good friend Dani rated it really good and paired it with her amazing review. I'm not comfortable with it honestly. But what the hell, right? Also, no matter how uncomfortable I was, I was lured back in by how the story was written. It was really good. It didn't need purple prose. It wasn't also basic.

The story was very interesting from the start. The Dinner Club was very interesting. The details about it, the rules, the classiness and trashiness of it at the same time, all of those were very intriguing. It was explained properly but not in a lengthy, boring way. Oh and when Jeremy was introduced and described, all I thought was, "God, he's hot." And also, Brice was hot even if he wasn't given an appearance breakdown right from the start. I trusted Jeremy's taste and judgement when he first saw Brice.

Right from the start, Jeremy and Brice had so much sexual tension and chemistry! From start to end, it was there. 110%. It never wavered. I loved how gentlemanly Brice was. I loved how he took it slow and wanted to give meaning when they had their first kiss and even first penetrative sex. But gosh, did I mention that the book was well written? Oh yes, I did. And the sex scenes were written amazingly! Even that one chapter just dedicated for Jeremy's solo action?

Short, unlike their dicks, yet well written.

Although one of my pet peeves was here too. Sex with other people, in details. Honestly, it could've just been fine if it faded into darkness for me. But I guess it did serve a purpose. A realisation for both of them.

But when they did have their first penis to ass sex?

Anyway, I kind of thought that their relationship was kind of a forbidden love because of The Dinner Club. I got that feeling when they thought Thomas, the owner, was suspicious. Which made me felt more into it. And when they were in Brice's place and there was some sort of role reversal, I thought it was heartwarming and hot as fuck at the same time. Their dates were awesome too. The first date was good but the second one was awesome! I thought that was the perfect date.

"So what do you call your hand on my thigh during most of dinner?" Jeremy raised an eyebrow.
"Just making sure you didn't rnu off." Brice glanced up and down the street, and waved when he spotted a taxi on the next block.
"Did you think I would?"
"I'm prepared to chase you if you do."

The secondary characters were awesome too. As much as I didn't feel the job in The Dinner Club, I thought the "boys" there were really interesting and fun to read. Kit, Rand, Taylor, Law and the others had great personalities and very individual. Even the customers like Sky Blue were interesting. Ron, Watson, and the other office people were fun as well. It was a very well rounded set of characters.

The angst was really good and wasn't over the top. It wasn't dramatic. It felt perfect for the situation and it had the right amount (length, to be more specific). Then when they reconciled, twice, I was releasing happy sighs.

The ending was good but I really wanted more. I felt like there could have been more. It felt like a 50% HFN and 50% HEA for me (I don't know why, that's how I felt) but I guess I would just have to deal. This was such a great book with a great story. It also had a valuable plot which was very inspiring.

Overall, a very great read.

"Are all the dishes going to be balls?" Jeremy asked, and everyone just laughed. It was going to be a long, hard evening, he thought as they marched back into the dining room.
Profile Image for Jewel.
1,778 reviews242 followers
December 20, 2015
4.5 Delicious Stars

Dirty Dining was a sexy and delicious read. Right out of the gate, this book is HOT and it just keeps on with the hotness. I kind of like the concept of the Dinner Club. It's a fun take on rentboys. I had so much fun with this sexy sexy story -- did I mention hot?

Both Jeremy and Brice were the right amount of awkward at first and it was quite endearing. Jeremy isn't at all comfortable with the prospect of sex for money. Hell, even taking off his clothes for money is weird to him at first. Brice (or Mr Green, as he is called) was much the same about paying for such entertainment. Still, his boy “Remy” is sexy and built and the attraction seems mutual.

Things heat up fast, in spite of their mutual discomfort, and then we are treated to loads of sexytimes between our guys. It is a small world, though, and unbeknownst to them, they are connected in more ways than just the club. They spend a lot of time getting to know one another, but neither of them talk about their jobs. In Jeremy’s case, his job is doing research while he works toward his PhD. He depends on grants to be able to do this research as well as cover the very basic of basics. Brice is a lawyer at a venture capital firm.

I enjoyed Jeremy and Brice and their conflict, and especially their hotness. There are so many ways the story could have been run-of-the-mill, but ordinary, it was not. It’s fun and sexy and THAT COVER!

Definitely recommended!

Read
February 13, 2015
DNF at 45%

I have zero interest in finishing this book...

I didn't connect with any of the MCs, a lot of the sexual situations made me kind of unconformable. If this was porn, I would be all over it! It would get 5 glowing stars! But since my romance books preferences don't coincide with my porn preferences I shall pass on this..

No rating because I didn't pass the 50% mark.

Bye Bye!
Profile Image for Heloise West.
Author 7 books105 followers
January 14, 2015
Pre-Release Review:

Two men, who at first glance have absolutely nothing in common, fall in love under odd circumstances…

Jeremy is a grad student on fellowship working toward his PhD in biochemistry and struggling to make ends meet as he works on an HIV vaccine. His research and lab work hold much promise. A man approaches him, compliments his looks, and offers him a job just to take off his clothes at the Dinner Club. He figures it’s just a scam, but his car got bashed in a month ago, and he used the insurance money to pay his other bills. Jeremy becomes intrigued about making a lot of money for two hours work, leaving him more time for his research. With trepidation, he enters the world of “Dirty Dining.”

I had a little trepidation in the beginning myself. On further reading, this story wasn’t much like “Spaghetti Western” or “Out of the Gate,” both books I enjoyed very much. This is an erotic romance that starts out as decadent as a Roman orgy—well, almost. Once I got past my initial shock, I was in all the way, though. The author is a masterful storyteller and the story of Remy and his client Mr. Green at the Dinner Cub had me hooked.

Brice is a patent lawyer who is invited to the Dinner Club by a junior partner at the firm where he works. He’d heard things about the club, and he’s shy when it came to licentiousness, voyeurism, or paying for sex, so he’s pretty awkward and unsure at first. Each diner is assigned a color; thus Mr. Green is born. The color matches a “boy,” an adult male server assigned to him, and Mr. Green is assigned Jeremy, or as he calls himself at the club, Remy.

Both men are feeling awkward their first night at the Dinner Club, falling into sexual roles that are at first more business related than personal. Remy wants to do well and Mr. Green finds himself going along with the night more easily than he expected with Remy to lead him.

The ensuing romance between them, with San Francisco as the backdrop, is sweet and tentative as it builds. Jeremy begins to leave Remy behind. Brice allows Jeremy into his life and heart in a way he’s never let another man before. The role-playing scenes are hot, adding depth to the characters and their relationship.

The complications begin when business collides with pleasure, and Brice's venture capital company threatens Jeremy's research. The complications are believable, compelling, and add another layer to this very sexy love story.

(I received an ARC for a fair and honest review)

review: velvetpanic2@wordpress.com

Profile Image for Ula'ndi Hart.
884 reviews15 followers
October 6, 2016
Overall book rating: 4 Dirty Stars
Audio book: N/A
Book cover: 4

“He’s a little bit of naughty, it's a little bit nice

Okay so I like “rent-boys/hooker/porn/gay-4-pay/stripper” anything if it’s done right. This was ...

Dirty. Yes. And I liked it.

I liked both MC’s and the general story. I liked that Jeremy had brains with the looks and that Brice, in spite of where they met, did not just spend time with him for one reason.

Yes there were parts I’d have liked something “different/more” but if I got my way with everything life would have been a bore now wouldn’t it?

I liked it. If your into this sort of stories it’s a good one.
Profile Image for Veronica of V's Reads.
1,528 reviews41 followers
January 17, 2015
THIS BOOK WAS DELICIOUS!!

Beginning to end, I adored the heck out of the absolutely sexy, filthy, fun kinky book.

Jeremy is a grad student working on his PhD at Cal in San Francisco. He's
a good-looking 27 y/o gay man, and, struggling with his finances, he's been recruited to work as a server at The Dinner Club--an establishment for titillating dining. The job is, essentially, to be scantily clad and deliver each of six courses to his assigned diner. As each course is passed, the diners get to remove an article of their server's costume--until the servers are all nekkid.

Oh, and the diners can pay for the servers to "perform" for them. And, to spend a night with the server of their choice--if the servers should so choose. There's lots and lots of tip money, and Jeremy's scared but willing. It's not as if he hasn't had anonymous hook ups before. And his first diner, "Mr Green" is so handsome, and nearly as bashful as Jeremy.

Brice Martin is a patent attorney. He's mid-thirties and newly returned to San Fran after he and his long-term BF split. One of the partners at the venture capital firm where Brice now works has sprung for a fun night out--at The Dinner Club. Brice isn't really a fan of voyeurism, and even less a fan of paying for a man's company, but he is in a bit of a bind what with his boss urging him on. He's mesmerized by the nubile young man, "Remy," who arrives with the starters--and thankful for his colorful pseudonym--Green with envy, actually.

Jeremy and Brice are far more tame at the table than their boisterous diners/servers, but plenty turned on, as well. Brice's boss comps a "nightcap" (overnight stay) for Brice to further enjoy Jeremy, but they are equally tentative behind closed doors. Their caution underlies the uncertainty of their feelings--Jeremy doesn't want to feel like a prostitute, and Brice wants a lover who desires him of his own will--not for cash. Still they relish each other a bit, and Brice realizes his attraction hasn't waned. He wants more Remy.

On his next visit to The Dinner Club, this time with a wealthy closeted client, Brice chooses a different server, hoping that his attraction was simply a novelty. Watching Remy serve another man, however, is aggravating. And Jeremy's a bit hurt that he wasn't requested by the lovely Mr Green.

Thing is, there's so much else going on--while Brice and Jeremy are learning to connect and bond with each other, Jeremy's research is progressing--and, yet, suffering. He's studying a novel approach to HIV vaccination and the results are SO promising, but his finances are drying up--a joint Biotech/academic partnership pays for his research but the biotech firm is losing its venture capital. Meanwhile, Brice's firm is in a position to fully fund Jeremy's research, but a miscommunication throws all that into jeopardy.

Brice and Jeremy may have a chance, if they can only learn to trust one another's intentions. Jeremy doesn't want to be "kept" and Brice doesn't want to "share" him with The Dinner Club. Their feelings develop over a period of a few months--as they make an effort to meet outside of The Dinner Club illicitly.

It's a fun, fun story with a tender plot and delicious smexytimes. For real. Fans of 80s romances will dig the movie references, and be thrilled by the the spectacular HEA.
Profile Image for Christy.
3,701 reviews106 followers
April 5, 2015
Honestly? I'm totally shallow enough to admit the cover snagged my attention and pulled me in for more. How could it not? That guy is hawt. Hands down. Yummy. Plus, I do enjoy an EM Lynley story, so I figured this was a total win-win. As always, I was right.

It was delightfully easy to adore Jeremy, from the get-go. What was even better, was how much I liked Brice, right away, also. I respected both of these men, their ideals, their morals, and I found them refreshing. Don't get me wrong, they were also sexy, gorgeous, a little shy, smart, and funny. So in my world, that made them just about perfect. Jeremy and Brice each recognize in the other the same loneliness and vulnerability, making watching them fall in love a real treat for the senses. It also, however, made for some moments where I wanted to smack them for not just coming out and talking about their concerns. Ah, communication. Still difficult no matter what the genders in the relationship are.

'Dirty Dining' definitely had its moments of dirty, believe me when I say I'd love to have watched one of those meals, but in my opinion, this book was far more about the sweet and lovely romance this attorney and graduate student found themselves in. I really enjoyed the way the author focused so much on their feelings and their thoughts, and combined it beautifully with some very intense, sexy scenes. A delightful read which I can easily recommend.

NOTE: This book was provided by Dreamspinner Press for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews
Profile Image for Britta ★ Nachteule ★.
626 reviews99 followers
March 10, 2015

Meet my pery-meter!

I really loved the concept "Everything is possible but nothing has to happen" of the Diner Club and its themes. And the scene with Sky Blue was just...

I liked how the author managed to describe the awkwardness(?) of the first diner and night between Jeremy and Brice.

Oh and Kit was great! I'd love to read more about him.

Sadly, that were the only positive things for me.

The plot about Brice wondering if Jeremy only seeing him as an open wallet. And Jeremy wondering if Brice only look at him as a whore would have been enough for me.
The drama about the research funding was completly unnecessary IMO. Brice didn't know that it was Jeremys research. And especially after the meeting the other day I could totally understand why he voted against it.

With Brice going all caveman on Jeremy in the last scene my mind all went around how Thomas could sooth Sky Blue without the Club losing much of his reputation.

Now my greatest problem with the book. Jeremy!
His mixture of innocent and sexy didn't quite convince me. And from the moment he meets Brice he acted like a teenage girl or a damsel in distress.
I don't like my MCs in M/M to be like chicks with dicks!

I know a lot people liked or loved it but for me this wasn't great and wouldn't there be the scorching hotness (and Kit) I would have DNF it.
Profile Image for Makhda.
866 reviews137 followers
November 1, 2015
3.5 stars (rounded up, pet peeves ignored!)

*******************************************************

Dayuumm, that cover..
I admit, I added this because of that cover.
Profile Image for Lelyana's Reviews.
3,239 reviews383 followers
February 5, 2015

"Dinner everyone?"

Put some gorgeous men with skimpy underwear, dinner with naked escort, and you're free to do "anything" to your escort, pour a little drama, and lots and lots and lots of hot sex...
Dirty Dining it what you'll get.

I don't mind at all. A little boring in the middle, kinda liked it with the head and tail of the book. It was an okay read for me, the sex was really hot. With exhibitionist and voyeurism in the picture.And more and more guys like this... *wink* .. I'm a happy reader... *sigh*

This one was a comfort reading, steamy, entertaining....I can't say much. If only there's a little more drama, at least not an easy execution at the ending, I'll be please.

Profile Image for Ele.
1,265 reviews41 followers
January 29, 2015
This was an amazing read!
First of all let me say it is awsome that Jeremy is a real person who really works on a researsh to develop a vaccine against HIV.I have a soft spot for people who dedicate their time on research.The world wouldn't be the same without you.

I don't always feel comfortable reading books with sex workers.I read such stories from 2 authors specifically because i love their writing and the books belong in a series.

That being said, this book was fantastic!The author came up with a very original idea.I'm actually in awe of the whole setting and the detailed way the diner worked.

The secondary characters were amazing.Kit was great but my personal favourite was Taylor :) I wish they had their own stories.

Overall it was a very interesting, pleasant, smoking hot read :)
Profile Image for Penumbra.
882 reviews7 followers
March 23, 2015
I received the book Dirty Dining from the author through the Goodreads M/M Romance Group’s Don’t Buy My Love. This is story is told through the eyes of both Jeremy “Remy” Linden and Brice Martin.

Profile Image for Therese.
412 reviews9 followers
January 25, 2015

Basically, the first half of this book is foreplay. Long, sexy, exciting foreplay. I really liked the setting, and had no problem with the whole getting paid thing:-). I could understand why Jeremy needed money, and how something quite “innocent” (like undressing for strangers) could escalate to something a bit more hardcore. Doesn’t it always happen like that?
Jeremy seemed to thoroughly enjoy it, which meant I did as well, no matter who he was with, or what he as doing
I wouldn’t have minded Jeremy handling a few more clients before meeting Mr. Green, experience is always good!

Once Jeremy and Brice started dating for real, the steam/excitement level got slightly lower, but instead the story problematized around the payment issue. How do you go from a customer relationship to a normal one? This was an interesting development for me, since I’ve always wondered what actually did happen to Vivan and Edward after the end credits stopped rolling.

Back to Sky Blue…

The ending was
Profile Image for Tessi4M.
494 reviews21 followers
February 15, 2015
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Whereas this book is dipping its toe into rent boy territory, the backdrop for the story was new to me.
I enjoyed the concept of the Dinner Club. The very detailed descriptions of the dinners taking place there were hot. And everything that went on there was one hundred percent consensual. Still, it bothered me on some level. I get uncomfortable whenever there is money involved, but that is about my personal preferences.

Brice pretty much nailed it when he said
"I never understood why guys would pay for sex when they know the other person is only saying and doing those things for money."

Although there was a strong connection between Jeremy and Brice from the beginning, the money was still an issue for quite some time with Brice constantly wondering what was real between them and what wasn't.
The prostitution aspect was removed when they started seeing each other outside the club and romance took over. Very enjoyable. Despite their different backgrounds, Jeremy and Brice fit well together.

At least until about half way through, when the Dinner Club setting became nearly irrelevant leaving center stage to the storyline concerning their professional lives. Their jobs and different perspectives nearly brought their relationship to its knees. It was, however, too small of an issue to really be angsty or even very painful to read.

The ending. *sigh*. Can an ending be too sweet? Not in my book. Let's just say this one went completely Pretty Woman and I loved it!
Profile Image for Bitchie.
1,464 reviews77 followers
September 30, 2015
I enjoyed this one a lot. The dinner scenes were way hotter than I thought they'd be. I did feel that Jeremy seemed much younger than 27,and there seemed to be much more of an age difference between Jeremy and Brice than eight years. Still, I really enjoyed watching them get to know each other, both in and out of the club.
Profile Image for Tina.
1,632 reviews1 follower
February 6, 2015

4,5 Stars.

What a cover! OMG… that eye-catcher sucked my right in!

Dirty Dining was delicious, sexy as hell and definitely top-notch on the hotness scale.

Smoking hot, super cute, funny and very entertaining read. Loved it. :)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 163 reviews