Start by marking “Wasted Summer (Stone Cliff, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wasted Summer (Stone Cliff, #2)

Wasted Summer

(Stone Cliff #2)

When Broken meets Beautiful.

Melody Spencer has a plan: work hard, stay focused and save enough money to get out of Stone Cliff and the rumors that surround her. Wounded and distrustful, she’s learned the hard way that if a guy is nice to her, it means he’s only after one thing.

Until Ryeland Montgomery cruises back into her resort town, beautifully protective as he insist
Published January 13th 2015 by Cathryn Fox (first published January 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Wasted Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wasted Summer

Franci Neill
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book for my honest opinion. Let me just start out by saying I LOVED this book from beginning to end. Once again Cathryn Fox has written a book that drew me in from the first page of the first chapter.

This is the second book in her Stone Cliffs series and we get to meet Ryeland and Melody. She's the girl from the wrong side of the tracks and he's the rich boy who comes to the resort for the Summers with his family. As is expected there is the classic tug between the tw
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mel Spencer was just biding her time until she can escape the podunk town she's lived in all her life, and leave behind all the rumors that have followed her, some true but most false. She goes to work, her writing class a couple of town away, and minds her own business. That is, until Ryeland Montgomery comes back to town. Mel knows that she can't let him get to her and derail her plans because they are from two different worlds and they can never be.

Ryeland Montgomery is back in town for the s
Nicole Smith
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. Melody is working her butt off to leave this town and its ugly rumors behind. In comes Ryeland, a guy he says he's different from the rest, but is he really. Enjoy the journey as Melody and Ryeland spend the summer getting g to know one another. Will everything that they've built come crashing down when secrets are revealed that could tear families apart.
LJT
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wasted Summer by Cathryn Fox is the second book from her Stone Cliff series. The setting is in Deerfield, a small tourist town in the Canadian Rockies. The story is centered around aspiring romance writer Melody Spencer, and physician wannabe Ryeland Montgomery. Melody is a townie and has lived in Deerfield her entire sad and twisted life. Working two jobs at the Stone Cliff Resort has allowed her to almost save enough money to escape the horrors of her past in the very near future. Her personal ...more
Pyper Diangelo
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(Won an ARC from another author, review in no way effected by receiving this gift)

Melody Spencer a girl with a past that has left her hurt and looking for a way out of town the first chance she gets. So she keeps her head tucked, heart covered, to save up for the for first chance she can bust out a place that has nothing left for her but bad memories. And then there’s Ryeland Montgomery, sweet boy with the “world” at his fingertips, but it’s a world of his fathers picking not his. Both have very
Jimnlori
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wasted Summer the second book in Cathryn Fox's Stone Cliff Series touches all of the emotions and keeps you coming back for more. Melody or Mel as she likes to be called knows what she wants and is determined to get it. She is a townie who is going to break free from her home town and all of her responsibilities and memories that hold her there. She just has to get enough money together and finish up some of her night classes and she is out of there. Ryeland is one of the guys who comes to Stone ...more
Anita Byars
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.
Loved, Loved this story. This is a fantastically written story about two people coming together from two very different worlds. Ryeland Montgomery and Melody Spencer are as different as they can be. But Ryeland is intrigued by this beautiful creature who is sharp witted as she is strong and fierce. Melody Spencer doesn't trust any male and has good reason not too. But with persistence and flirty banter Ryeland finally gets under Melody's defenses. This boo
Annmarie
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
No cheating, HFN/HEA
They are in love with a lot against them. Like her mom getting betrayed by his dad with her best friend and they are the Hs parents. Melody has a bad rep that is completely false but she just wants to save enough to get away. Her mom is the town drunk and her father is in prison and a scumbag.
The hero is a rich boy with aspirations to help people as a doctor but his father wants him to be a lawyer with him for his own secret reasons. This was a good read and the H really ma
Crystal Yawn
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
fabulous story. Rich boy vacations every summer at stone ridge, watches townie for years before he decides to go after her. His parents are against it and fight him on it, his friends are against it and try to split them and the townies are against it.
against the odds the two spend the summer forming a strong bond. throw in some secrets revealed, some drama, and lots of loving support and you find yourself a 5 star read.
this book stands alone, but leaves me ready to read what other love is found
Pam Batchelor
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ryeland comes from money and the best of everything. All his father wants is for him to follow in the family footsteps and do what is expected. Melody has struggled all her life to find something good. Working her way through school, she's ready to get away from all the tourists, small town rumors, her mother, and judgmental rich boys.
Until Ryeland won't take no for an answer. As he pushes Melody outside her comfort range she falls harder and harder.
Can they overcome his parents from the good si
Misty Roule
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
funny banter, different lives (rich/poor), twists and unexpected turns, unconditional love...
Some of my favorite lines are:
"I don't care. I'd rather be poor and happy with you than rich and without you."
"Don't worry, baby. I'm going to give you every minute of every day of every year. Except right now I'm pretty sure I can only give a minute "
"You cracked his nuts wide open my friend. Chipmunks will be following him around for weeks." (LMAO)
Cher
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
You've never had a book boyfriend this good ;)

Take one hot guy and one broken girl. She's longing to get off the island and he's longing to get out from under his father's thumb. Can they realize that only they can help each other with their biggest issues? Will he get this head strong girl and will he forgive her for a few white lies... And awesome 2nd book in this series!
Chrissy Dyer
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Breathtakingly beautiful story of love and loss!
Layla
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

Really enjoyed this one!!
AlwaysUninvited
Jan 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
I liked the story until I got like 60% through it then I felt like the author was tired of writing and just threw a bunch of things to try and keep the story interesting. I would not read this book again.
Het
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Good beginning. Nice plot and writing but towards the end just spirals down quickly and hits rock bottom.
Jessica
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I didn't like how this book in the series started either. It felt just a tad unrealistic but I was able to convince myself to just go with it. I'm not from a small town or a tourist resort town but I think it over exaggerated the fact that her reputation as the town slut was such a big deal. I mean you have all these college kids around the same age whether local or seasonal doing the same thing as what they're accusing her of and criticizing her for it yet they single out one person and everyon ...more
Nerdy Chic
Another sexy, sweet, romantic read from Cathryn Fox. It was laugh out loud funny and filled with lots of heat between the two main characters. This is book two in the Stone Cliff series but can be read as a stand alone.

"Okay, let's do a tally. You think I'm infuriating, wimpy, and...adorable."
"I never said adorable."
He shifted closer, craving the heat of her body. "I know, but you're thinking it."

All Melody wants is to run as fast as she can away from Stone Cliff and the rumors that surround he
Kara Martin
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
~Reviewed on behalf of Give Me Books~

Mel Spencer was just buying out her time to leave the pu dunk a dunk town she's lived all her life and to leave all the rumors that have followed her, some true but most false. She goes to work, her writing class a couple of town away and minds her own business, that is until Ryeland Montgomery comes back to town. Mel knows though that she can't let him get to her and derail her plans because they are fro two different worlds and they can never be!

Ryeland Mon
Wednesday Stanley
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love the Stone Cliff series by Cathryn Fox. I loved the first book and the characters in it. And couldn't wait to see what she came up with for in this book.

I have to say I loved loved loved Ryeland. Even though he was supposed to be this spoiled rich boy. He didn't act like it and he wanted to do something different than what was expected of him.

Melody was a little harder for me to like and I'm not sure if I ever really came around to her character. Maybe I should say I came to understand
Lindsay
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.

This was my 2nd Cathryn Fox book and Wasted Summer didn't disappoint! A well written and steamy story an about two people coming together from two different upbringings. Ryeland and Mels characters were fun, witty, and strong-willed. A great story with a few twists and turns I totally didn't see coming! Highly recommend!
Cn
rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Air (Blue #2)
  • Portia (Angelbound Offspring #2)
  • A Risk Worth Taking (Grayson County, #1)
  • Death's Head (Death's Head #1)
  • Out of Nowhere
  • Pan (The Untold Stories of Neverland, #2)
  • The Girl I Was Before (Falling, #3)
  • Summer on the Short Bus
  • Cel care mă așteaptă
  • Promising You (Jade, #4)
  • Forever Changed
  • Breakfast Served Anytime
  • April Snow (August Fog, #3)
  • Blurring the Lines (Invitation to Eden #14)
  • Entrepreneurgasm: 33 Realistic Steps Turning $1,700 into $103,000 Online for the Average You
  • The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B
  • Deceptions (Cainsville, #3)
New York Times and USA today Best selling author, Cathryn is a wife, mom, sister, daughter, and friend. She loves dogs, sunny weather, anything chocolate (she never says no to a brownie) pizza and red wine. She has two teenagers who keep her busy with their never ending activities, and a husband who is convinced he can turn her into a mixed martial arts fan. Cathryn can never find balance in her l ...more

Stone Cliff (4 books)
  • Crashing Down (Stone Cliff, #1)
  • Love Lessons (Stone Cliff, #3)
  • Wrapped Up (Stone Cliff #4)
“Just so you know, now that I know what it's like to kiss you, I'm never going to stop.” 1 likes
“Okay, let's do a tally. You think I'm infuriating, wimpy, and...adorable."
"I never said adorable."
He shifted closer, craving the heat of her body. "I know, but you're thinking it.”
0 likes