Start by marking “The Book of Hours” as Want to Read:
The Book of Hours

The Book of Hours

(Coin/Hours Cycle #2)

For artist Gabriela Martinez, psychopaths do hit twice.

A LOVE IN JEOPARDY
In 1993, artist Gabriela Martinez almost lost her life to a sociopath’s twisted vision. If not for Richard Harrison, the operative sent to protect her, she would have ended up dead. The dramatic showdown pushed them together, but there were too many obstacles temporarily pulling them apart.

A NEW THREA
ebook
Published February 11th 2015 by Maria Elena Alonso-Sierra

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Hours

Irma Alonso
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting to read this Book since I finished The Coin and I have to say that the wait was worthwhile! Once again Mrs. Sierra keeps you in nail biting suspense while at the same time engaging you with the intense and passionate relationship of Richard and Gabriela. There are chapters in which I felt like I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds, and others where it was like watching a beautiful love story! I just could not put it down, I even arrived very late at a dinner invitation ...more
Bob
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An artist has created a masterpiece and is auctioning it off for a charity, but a wealthy and unscrupulous collector has asked her to sell it to him at his named price. She has refused many times and every time he asks the pressure to sell gets worse and the threats begin. She has an acquaintance from an episode that brought them together in past years and when he learns that she is now being threatened and actually the target of "accidents" he comes to her aid. She is also trying to keep her hu ...more
Terry
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book of hours is book 2 in the series, not really series, but a duo-logy. I however mistakenly read this book first! What was amazing was that the author wrote book 2 in a way that I immediately understood the story and the characters without having read her first book yet, which is impressive to say the least! I did read the coin immediately following this book and loved that I was able to get more of Gabriela's story and it definitely played as backstory for this book.

The book of hours, b
Theresa Needham fehse
Free book for honest review. juliesbookreview.blogspot.com

Gabriela Martinez and Richard Harrison first meet in Ms. Alonso-Sierra’s “The Coin.” I urge the
reader to go there before beginning this page turner. The love relationship between Gabriela
and Richard starts in the first book 4 years before the “Book of Hours.” The reader doesn’t have
to know the details of the first book to understand the 2nd, but it helps.
The original Book of Hours is a Christian devotional book popular in the Middle Ag
April (TwilightTINK)
I adored The Coin so I was highly anticipating The Book of Hours. And it didn't disappoint.

Ms. Sierra is a master story teller. The characters of Gabriela and Richard are wonderfully complex and full characters. Gabriela shows so much growth from the first book to this one (set four years later) but she still has the same spirit and humor. She was dealing with a lot and much had changed. What hadn't changed is that she is once again in danger.

Richard is still in love with Gabriela but wanted to
Susan Johnston
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book never lets up. It takes the reader on a wild and rocky ride on both sides of the big pond with characters who are well drawn and compelling.
Gabriela is a famous artist who has recreated a beautiful Medieval manuscript. It is about to go to auction in London with the proceeds to fund a children's charity. She is approached by a despicable man who refuses to take no for an answer.
As his attempts to persuade her become more and more dangerous, her former lover, and the father of her
Angi Plant
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The return of Richard and Gabriela, with a hugely different set of circumstances. Different country, different everything. Again full of intrigue etc as before, with the added question of how can the pair resolve things from their previous lives. I won't spoil it.

The character of Wickeham is horrible, but truly fascinating. From the beginning you really despise him, and can see where he is going. He is the classic bully, awful but underneath he isn't so clever as he tries to tell people he is. T
Deborah Lynne
Book 2 -- The Book of Hours -- by Maria Elena Alonso-Sierra continues the story of Gabriela and Richard. This time she starts in America but takes you on a ride to England. Still true to her ability, her words paint a vivid image in your mind as you read her next thriller. Her characters are real, her plot is moving, and it a read you won't want to miss.

Put both of her books: The Coin & The book of Hours on your must read list. You will be glad you did. I can't wait for her next novel.

Ms. A
Cristi
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Without a doubt, Alonso-Sierra did it again!!!!! You must read both books!!!! (The Coin, then The Book of Hours) Gabriela & Richards relationship and passion is one to envy, and the supporting cast of characters and fascinating story line will not allow you to put the book down! I highly recommend this read to anyone who is not only interested in a romance novel, because this is not just a romance novel, it is a well thought out mystery as well. Can't wait to see what's next for the author!
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
An absolutely amazing story! Fate has shoved Richard and Gabriela together again! Some variations but the same restrictions where togetherness has to be put on the back burner. A jealous, spoiled, wealthy woman tries to separate them as well as someone is out to kill them both. You will love their second adventure as much as the first.
InD'tale Magazine
A sequel to “The Coin”, Alonso-Sierra's novel, “The Book of Hours” picks up with Gabriella's story four years later, but in much the same situation - danger.

Read full review in the 2015 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Tracey
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting Drama, Action-packed!

The Book of Hours was a literary thrill ride! The characters were passionate and so well-written that you felt like you knew them personally. The story was fast-paced, full of action and interwoven with a great mystery, along with a horrifying bad guy. Who could ask for anything more?! Highly recommend!
Judy
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She does it again! The Book of Hours is just as enjoyable as The Coin. This is a great read, super fast-paced mystery & romance all in one.
James
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book. Suspenseful and intriguing. Kept me turning the pages and not wanting to stop. Well written with in depth characters. Won via Goodreads Giveaway.
C
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Jeannie
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will not rewrite what the story is about, though I will write about my experience. This is the first time reading one of Maria's books and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Her book is written very smoothly. I read this book not as a sequel, but as a stand alone, able to grasp a lot of what happened in the first book and not feel as I missed something. This book has a lot of action and moves continually. Each character came to life, written with enough depth you know them. The love story was exceptiona ...more
Maria Alonso-Sierra
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ann Prendeville
Jan 14, 2015
Cheryl Bradley
Jan 15, 2015
Fresh New Books f...: The Book Of Hours 1 1 May 04, 2018 04:37AM
  • Shadows (Black Raven, #1)
  • Still Life
  • Lie Catchers
  • Fire Dancer: Book IV (A Miranda’s Rights Mystery)
  • Hot & Forbidden (De La Cruz Saga, #2)
  • Gina Takes Bangkok (The Femme Vendettas #2)
  • The Dream Jumper's Secret (Dream Jumper, #2)
  • The Deal: About Face
  • Broken Embrace (Embrace, #3)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Up in Smoke, #1)
  • Elective Procedures (Elle Harrison Thriller, #2)
  • Dangerous Love (Mending Hearts #1)
  • An Aria for Nick (Song of Suspense #2)
  • Tainted Waters
  • Rising Tide
  • Tarnished Romance
  • The Captain (Griffin Force #2)
  • Born of Blood
Hi, everyone. My name is Maria Elena Alonso-Sierra (yes, I know...it is a mouthful). I am originally from Cuba, lived in many places/countries throughout my life, and am now living in beautiful North Carolina.
It is so difficult, sometimes, to say things about yourself, but let me try. I love all things medieval. I love history. As a matter of fact, I have a masters in medieval literature--12th cen

Coin/Hours Cycle (2 books)
  • The Coin