Start by marking “A Proper Lover (Ganymede Quartet, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Proper Lover (Ganymede Quartet, #2)

A Proper Lover

(Ganymede Quartet #2)

What does it mean to belong to someone?

Henry Blackwell is the happiest he’s ever been, and it’s all because of his companion slave Martin. Every experience, whether it be mundane or spectacular, is improved by having Martin at his side. The better Henry gets to know his slave, the deeper his feelings grow. Though the physical attraction between them is undeniable, Henry’s
ebook
Published December 2014 by 3H Press

To ask other readers questions about A Proper Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Proper Lover

Start your review of A Proper Lover (Ganymede Quartet, #2)
Sheziss
This is a good series, but it isn't a series I would like to read on a row. This is quite the slow-paced love story. Pride and Prejudice with boys. And that's fine as it is.

As in the book #1, we only have Henry's POV. I would like to know more about Martin's thoughts, although in truth Martin speaks his mind more often than not. But he is so nice and so well-mannered sometimes I'm left with the feeling that he doesn't show himself in his totality. Which is understandable, because he is the slave
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Gah! How am I gonna make it til March?

I'll tell you I thought I really liked the first one. Well, like turned to love in this one. I confess I was a tad disappointed when I started this one to find that it picked up right where A Most Personal Property left off, but then I made a decision. Ms. Glass and I need to come to an understanding. A quartet is no longer sufficient. I'd like something in the twenty book range so I can see these two as adults because Henry is going to be an outstanding
Anne-Marie
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ganymede
Yes! The second book of the Ganymede series is here! I love this series.

A companion slave is only supposed to service his master, but this master and slave have gone down a happy two-way, reciprocal street.

Book one was all about Henry owning his true nature and surrendering to his sexual attraction to Martin. Now that they're enjoying each other as often and as freely as they can behind closed doors (they're so HOT and sweet together! Unf!), feelings are bound to lurk around the corner.

What I
Leta Blake
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First let me say that this series is one of my desert island reads. There is so much in it, so much detail, lush description, nuance of language, and a fully realized world that I could roll around in it for ages. It feels and reads so real to me, but I still want more, more, MORE. If I did indeed take this series with me on an ill-fated trip to a desert island, I'd end up scribbling fanfiction for it in the sand and trying to convince myself that the waves were reading it as they lapped it away ...more
Veronica of V's Reads
This book is the second in a series of alt history/historical books where slavery still exists in the year 1900, and wealthy people purchase same-sex slaves for their adolescent children, so-called "companion" slaves, to allow for disgorgement of sexual tension in a "healthy manner." The protagonists are teen boys, but this is an ADULT book. There is boatloads of graphic gay sex, which doesn't trouble me a whit. You are hereby warned.

Here's what I love about these books: the love.

Henry Blackwel
Chelsea
There was no way after reading A Most Personal Property that I would not love reading more about Henry and Martin. Although I knew I'd be sucked into the story I was still surprised by how much I was. This is one of those stories where there are no murders, no major breakups or arguments, no major angst really but the characters, their friendships and their everyday activities are just so engaging that you find yourself so involved and needing to read that little bit more.

This story had a stead
*Bohemian*
This was the first book I read this year. It put the standarts high for every other book crossing my path in future.

I'm too tired to write a review that would do this book and this series justice. I so love Henry and Martin. I like that there is very little troublewith them and the trouble they face is moderated. YET as I read even the happy times between the young master and his highly valued slave, I feel a constant thread. Something is about to burst their bubble. That is so brilliant and add
Kevin
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
More on the story of young Henry and his slave Martin. Here, we have more conflict with his schoolmates, created by Henry's lack of interest in women, and his fierce protection of Martin.
Not much at all happens in large sections of the book. We have tons of sex, some of which is hot, but even that gets repetitive. We also have long excerpts of a serialized novel they are reading. This does not move the story forward at all.
There are several scenes with the younger sister and with the mother's fa
Reflection
Nothing short of perfect, 'A Proper Lover' continues the Ganymede series. It is impossible to put down as the growing relationship between Henry and his companion slave Martin unfolds over their Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

The beauty of the language sweeps the story along in a cocktail of Henry's continued angst and Martin's beurgoning confidence. Henry continues to consider the world of social expectations and finds himself wishing for acceptance and concerned that his greatest secret
Joyfully Jay
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

A Proper Lover continues the story of Martin and Henry, who I totally fell in love with during the first book in the Ganymede series, A Most Personal Property. It picks up right at the end of the first book and continues following along with the young men as they head into the holiday season. I really am crazy about this world Glass has created here. I love the mix of alternate world where slavery is legal, combined with the real historical elements of New York a
Nico
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great expansion of the world of the first Book and a half. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It is relatively inexpensive, and I definitely would recommend the series. I enjoy Henry more in this book, even though many times in both this and Book 1 I wanted to reach into the book and throttle him. Martin is Martin, nothing more need be said. The character's are great, and it has a great concept, and great (and very frequent) intimate scenes. I am anxiously awaiting book 3 of the series.
Pates
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I so adore Henry and Martin. Darrah's writing of these two guys makes me feel what they are feeling in their hearts and souls for each other. This story gives us more insight of whats going on in their lives and how they are handling, or not handling in some instances, it themselves.
I loooved getting to know Cora, hearing about Timothy's background, and seeing the boys love grow for each other truly show.
I cannot wait to see what happens next.
Sarah Meerkat
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is absolutely wonderful! Though I much prefer Martin's perspective to that of Henry's who at times I just want to throttle. I am excited for the next book to see the rest of their adventure!
Tanya Stone
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Ganymeade Quartet series

I love the story between Henry and Martin. It is a very sweet love story. I can't wait to read more.
Jules Lovestoread
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I do so adore me some Martin and Henry. ;) <3
See my full review at The Novel Approach Reviews! http://thenovelapproachreviews.com/20...
Jaime
I absolutely love this series!!!! The more I read, the more I love Henry and Martin and the less I like Louis and James Briggs. I can hardly wait until March for the third installment.
Crystal Marie
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, I was so looking forward to this book after reading the blurb! While I knew how Henry really felt towards Martin, I was wondering how he was going to play it off with his friends.

This book started out with a bang, I suppose you can say. With the meeting that happened with Henry, his father and Timothy, I was almost in tears. Which, while normally I say that’s a good thing that an author can move me to tears, I wasn’t prepared for it to happen so quickly.

Glass once again blew me a
✿-Anna-✿
Henry and Martin's unique relationship continue in this book... though we still just get the story mostly from Henry's point of view.

We did get a little insight of what some of the other slaves have to deal when Martin and Peter, Louis' slave, helped Louise feel better with a little slave gossip and again when Henry asked Martin straight out about how some of the slaves... but not as much as I wanted... yes I'm spoiled, I want to be in everyone's lives... lol

But I did like how we got to meet som
Ian
4 stars for the entire series, 3 for this particular segment
Plot: Nothing gritty, really. It's more of a slice of life in a fantastically different world, different culture.
Length: This series is shaping up as a very lengthy one. This is great because everything is described in detail and nothing is rushed. However it does give the impression that nothing much happens a lot. Which is understandable given the romance is the major focus, but an unfortunate result all the same.
Henry's Latin: I love
Darold
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series but I'm more interested in the story line and feel there's too much sex. Also Henry's lack of ambition is starting to get on my nerves.
MJ
Jon
Jun 19, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Bully
  • Runaway Omega (The Wolves of Rocky Ridge #1)
  • The Alpha's Concubine (Love Slaves of the Alphas #2)
  • Konnor and His Omega Mate (Love Slaves of the Alphas #3)
  • Most Wanted (Love Slaves of the Alphas #1)
  • Slave For Rent (Pleasure Slaves #2)
  • Body Slave (Pleasure Slaves #1)
  • Becoming Omega
  • The Omega's Bodyguard (Billionaires of Forest Hill #1)
  • Leo (Beckford Brothers #1)
  • The Omega's Protector (Billionaires of Forest Hill #2)
  • Vampire Prince (Paranormal Nobles, #1)
  • The Assignment (Assignment, #1)
  • The Gryphon King's Consort (Golden Kingdom, #1)
  • Bad Boys Need Love Too (Bad Boys Need Love Too, #1)
  • Finding His Pack (Greycoast Pack #1)
  • In Dreams...
  • Angell's Alpha (Stone Mountain Wolves Book 1)

Ganymede Quartet (4 books)
  • A Most Personal Property (Ganymede Quartet, #1)
  • A Willful Romantic (Ganymede Quartet #3)
  • A Collar and Tie (Ganymede Quartet #4)

News & Interviews