Start by marking “Beautiful Dangerous” as Want to Read:

Beautiful Dangerous

It seemed like a good idea at the time. Get over my break-up by having a one-night stand with a rock 'n' roll hottie and move on with my life. Going on tour as official photographer to the world’s number one band was not part of the plan.

Have you ever dreamed of being plucked out of the crowd by one of the hottest rock stars in the world?

I didn't even know who Ozstryker w
Published (first published February 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Dangerous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Dangerous

Jelena Bosh
Jun 08, 2015 Jelena Bosh rated it it was amazing
Just perfect..

As a result I grew up quick. I shut down my own emotions to cater to everyone else's. I guess it was my way of coping...

So, choosing to read a rock star based novel had me at a love/hate mindset. Knowing that it could go either way, from experience, I did not really know what to expect.

Sexy

Heartbreaking

Unpredictable

Different

Perfect...

Saying that I am a sucker for rockstars would be an understatement. Unfortunately, having read so many book
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Loved it from the beginning. But, I do have an important question... In this day and age, why do the heroines have to be virgins or only have one previous partner. Not that I'm free love type of woman giving it away at the drop of a hat and can still use one hand to count my partners. I was the calm one of my friends growling up. The way these books read I should be happy married popping out babies to a man who adores me. Some reality ladies... All my friends who dropped panties at the snap of a ...more
Nance
This is another rockstar book that I really enjoyed! The characters were interesting and the story was fun and not so full of drama. Just an easy read! The book centers around two brothers who have become rockstar legends and two sisters who just happen to attract their attention. While at a concert for Ozstryker (which for the life of me I tried and tried to pronounce their name and just couldn’t get it...lol) two sisters Layla and Beth are having a grand old time rocking out to their music. La ...more
Jan
Mar 17, 2015 Jan rated it it was amazing
5 Swooning rock n roll stars

Loved this thought it would be like others ive read but it wasn't.

Yes it had angst but sweetness too. loved the characters and the plot.

Love Penny's ability to keep you turning the pages without coming to predictions in the story.
Jackie Sigerson
Ugh... I really enjoyed this book up until about 82%. After that, I lost respect for both of the MCs. Everything ended up working itself out in the end, but the behavior exhibited by them would not reflect for a healthy relationship in real life. I don't want to give any spoilers away, but I will say that the first 80% was definitely a 4 star read for me and the last 20% was more like 1-2 stars. It was well written, but I didn't like the direction the author took.
Melony Hobgood
Feb 19, 2015 Melony Hobgood rated it it was amazing
A love story with unseen obstacles, great friends, sexy men, and kick ass music. All the good stuff wrapped up in one smoking hot book. To say the least I'm in love with Jax & Layla. The sexy guitar God that is still just a little uncomfortable with the fame and the nerdy girl with the camera that takes his and the band's pictures makes a great love story. A added bonus is Beth and Jimmy what a flamboyant couple. I don't think I could say enough good things about this book.
Lustful Literature
Apr 23, 2015 Lustful Literature rated it really liked it
**DEBBIE'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW**

I was so excited to start this book. I have not read a good rocker book in a while and this book did not disappoint. What can I say; I have a special place in my heart for hot rock stars!!! I loved the two main characters, Layla and Jax. The author did a great job at allowing their relationship to grow. Yes, they were physically attracted to each other when they first met but no insta-love crap. I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat reading this book waiting t
Three Chicks
Mar 15, 2015 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
Review by Jen Hagen

Jax Ozstryker is the lead guitarist of a top-rated rock band founded by him and his older brother, Jimmy. He is 26 years old but has had experiences in his life that make him much wiser beyond those years. He has seen rock bottom and has worked hard to rise above and keep himself grounded. He also wears his heart on his sleeve and is ready to find somebody to settle down with to complete his family.

Layla is the daughter of rock-and-roll loving parents. She and her younger sis
ByoBook Club
Feb 25, 2015 ByoBook Club rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lee-anne
Beautiful Dangerous was a story of two people from two totally different worlds. You meet Layla, who is sweet, shy and kind of nerdy. The complete opposite of her out going crazy but hilarious sister Beth. Then there is Jax, charming, sweet and did I mention he's a sexy guitar player of a very successful band.

Layla and Jax meet when he invites her backstage after a concert. Layla and Jax hit it off but not in the way you think. They spend the night talking until Layla passes out on Jax's lap.

Jax
BFDU
Jan 23, 2015 BFDU rated it it was amazing
*** ARC provided on behalf of the author for an honest review ***

Beautiful Dangerous

What would it be like to be on tour with a famous rock band?
The concerts, the band, the glamour.
How different would your life be?
How amazing would it be?
How life altering would it be?
The natural high, the adrenaline, the madness.
And you fell into it all by chance?

Welcome to Layla's world.

Layla. Twenty-three. Works at an ice creamery. Her passion. Photography.
But in an instant Layla's whole world changes when she
Book Fancy
Dec 18, 2014 Book Fancy rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

Holy Smokes! I am totally blown away! I expected to enjoy the book because I love Penny Dee's writing, but I didn't know that I would have a new top favorite book! Beautiful Dangerous is without a doubt the best book I have read this year. Honestly, it is absolutely perfect. It has everything I enjoy in a great book, and I can give it nothing but praise. Penny Dee's writing is flawless. The story line is entertaining with lots of twists and
Jen Wildner
Dec 30, 2014 Jen Wildner rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read from Penny Dee and it won't be the last! I am in love with her writing! You can feel the emotions coming right off the pages, I was sucked in as soon as Jax looked at Layla. Could you imagine THE sex God of guitars looking at you? YOU!! Wow, this story is amazing, Layla doesn't even know who Jax Ozstryker is but she can't keep her eyes from lingering to his perfect, delicious body. After arguing with her sister, Layla makes the biggest change in her life and care ...more
Annette
Feb 22, 2015 Annette rated it it was amazing
Hot Rockers,fun loving, take no guff ladies and a teddy bear roadie all make this one amazing story. I love that the lead characters do not end up in bed in chapter 2. They get to know each other first which leads to a lot of steamy sexual tension. Lots of laughs, a few tears and some great butt kicking, no holds bar fighting of not just the physical kind. The battle of whits between the lead characters will keep you wondering if they will ever figure out that deep down they love each other.
Cristina Aguado rodriguez
Aug 11, 2016 Cristina Aguado rodriguez rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2016
Me ha gustado mucho. Me gusta el tema de las rock-star que pierden la cabeza y se convierten casi en perritos falderos XD. Me he reído muchísimo con Beth y Jimmy, que gran pareja, pero Jax y Layla, nuestra pareja protagonista son geniales. Me han hecho reir, sufrir, soñar...
Spunky N Sassy
SNS Rating: 4.75

~~~~~~~~~~Zarah's ★★★★✰ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first Penny Dee book and I really enjoyed the read. Very well written in spite of a few small editing errors. All the characters were well portrayed and you are able to immerse yourself in them and their worlds.

Jax the sexy Musician and his flamboyant brother, Jimmy both meet and fall in love with sisters Layla and Beth. Both couples are perfectly matched and while this story was Jax and Layla's i was equally enthralled with the
Kim Howlett
Feb 24, 2015 Kim Howlett rated it it was amazing
One word for this book is......Amazing!!!
I was recommended Penny Dee's debut book "Crazy Beautiful" by a friend awhile back and that story blew me away. I couldn't wait to see what Penny Dee would release next. Once I saw she was releasing Beautiful Dangerous and I saw the synopsis I knew I wanted to read it immediately. It sounded just as good as her debut story and I couldn't wait to start reading.
I love Rockstar stories and Penny Dee's had a way with her writing that made the characters come
Neilliza Swaffar
Mar 12, 2015 Neilliza Swaffar rated it it was amazing
*A copy given by author, in return for an honest review.*

☆☆☆☆☆ 5 Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

Penny Dee’s Beautiful Dangerous is beautiful rock romance full of sweet moments. This book is a must read for all the rock romance lovers out there. I’m glad I squeezed this book in my busy book reading schedule, because I love it. Once I started this book, I couldn’t put it down. I enjoyed every page I read and it satisfied the sweet tooth.

Jack and Layla’s characters were well written and I fell in love with their char
Red Cheeks Reads
Mar 11, 2015 Red Cheeks Reads rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Dangerous follows the story of hard working, has a passion for photography Layla and guitar playing, has a shy side Jax. Layla goes to a concert with her crazy sister Beth to see the group Ozstryker, while in the crowd she gets picked out by none other than Jax to receive backstage passes. Thinking it’s a mistake Layla declines, but Beth isn’t having any of that as she wants to meet the band.

Layla agrees to go on a date with Jax thinking that it would be a onetime thing, have one night
Louise
Jan 07, 2015 Louise rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC from the author in exchange for a review.

Beautiful Dangerous is set in the music arena, with main character Layla being dragged to a concert by her sister. The concert sets her life on a completely new path, full of highs and lows. It's not a simple 'Boy meets girl, they fall in love' story. In the spotlight associated with a majorly successful band, there are plenty of hurdles and turns that the main characters must overcome.

I am so in love with Penny Dee'
Jeneane
Dec 17, 2014 Jeneane rated it it was amazing
What a great sexy love story and the sexual tension was off the charts hot. I was screaming at the book just do her already would you. Jax is not your typical rockstar. He's not out screwing everything, he's not strung out on drugs, and he's not a selfish prick. He will be your next book boyfriend. I loved every moment of this journey of Layla and Jax's journey. Layla gets dragged to a concert with her fun loving sister Beth but Lalya has never heard of the band they are seeing. Right from the m ...more
Kim Sutton
I received a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review!

Wow! I am amazed by this book! I absolutely loved the entire thing! Penny Dee pulls you into the story you feel like your actually a part of it all! I was literally squealing like a fan girl through the whole thing!!

We meet Layla who seems like a quiet and layed back character at first. Layla has been dragged to a concert with her sister. Layla and lead guitarist Jax's eyes meet during the concert and BAM the sisters are invited
Aly
Feb 24, 2015 Aly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

So, right away I'm going to say that Penny Dee has created characters and voices of those characters that I really enjoyed. I don't usually enjoy the first person perspective even if I enjoy a book but the voice of Layla and Jax made me adore first person. And it's been a little while since that has happened. So Bravo!

Beautiful Dangerous also made me feel so many emotions, some heartbreaking, some sweet, and just you feel a lot of
Samantha
Comprei "Beautiful Dangerous" no impulso, já que até então nunca tinha ouvido falar do livro. Queria uma história relacionada ao mundo da música, por isso escolhi esse livro.

Achei o enredo interessante, mas beeem clichê. Na verdade, o livro inteiro é clichê, do início ao final. Já dava pra saber tudo o que ia acontecer, e isso é meio chato às vezes, já que o livro não apresenta nada de novo.

Gostei bastante das personagens, mas muito mais do casal secundário (Beth/Jimmy) do que do casal principal
De Reese Robinson
Rock N Roll

Amazing tale of Two Brothers Jimmy and Jax, who rocks out around the world at sold out venues. Every girl wants them and every guy wants to be them. One sold out performance in Seattle, brings Jax, face to face with a young lady in the crowd Layla and her sister Beth. Instantly attracted to Layla, Jax, sends his bodyguard out into the crowd and offer her 2 backstage passes, as she tries to turn them down, her sister Beth, takes them and drag Layla along. Beth spends her time getting t
Kim
Mar 16, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Beautiful Dangerous in exchange for an honest review. Just like that old Time Rock and Roll..What a great read. I found this book to be a fun read and a page turner. Layla and Beth both named after songs cause their parents were so into music end up meeting Jax and Jimmy Ozstrykers. Beth who is seeing Jimmy decides to go on tour with the famous Ozstrykers and so Layla decides to go too to make sure her sister stays out of trouble. Only Layla goes as the group's tour photogra ...more
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
So this is my second book by Penny Dee and it was also a really great story! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This book is also about band/music rockstars. You meet Layla & Jax. She wanted to have a one night stand with a rockstar to get over her bad breakup. So when her sister took her to the concert it was a perfect opportunity.

Instead she ends up falling asleep & getting a job as a Tour Photographer for the band! Definitely not what she was expecting & neither was Max. LOL let me tell you
loves 2 read romance
Mar 09, 2015 loves 2 read romance rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of this book for review.
This book blew my socks off. Jax is so much more than your typical drummer in a rock band. . Oh don't get me wrong he is sexy but he has such a sweet demeanor about him that I was instantly drawn to. Layla is a bit of a nerd which I have to say I loved. These two connected across a crowded room during a concert. Talk about hawt. One of the other things that I enjoyed about this book was the secondary characters. I adored Beth she is the complete opposi
Ink Angels  Book Bloggess
Feb 09, 2015 Ink Angels Book Bloggess rated it it was amazing
Holy, HOT ROCKER!! Ink Angels was one of the privileged few to receive an ARC of Beautiful Dangerous and I could not be happier. This story had it all. I have not always been a fan of rocker romances, but Penny Dee does not disappoint readers with Jax Ozstryer. Jax has all the sexy characteristics you expect from a rock idol and the endearing qualities of a seasoned partner and lover. Thank the heavens for leather pants and guitar gods.

Layla and Jax will keep readers wanting more of their story
Dotti Elrick
Mar 02, 2015 Dotti Elrick rated it really liked it
Another great rockstar romance.
This was just a really nice story about two people who meet by chance, end up working together, all the time fighting their attraction for each other.
Two brothers who happen to be the hottest commodity in single rockstars. And two sisters who are on the ride of their lives when they spend four months on tour with a rock band.
There was lots of sexual tension, a bit of drama, a some seriously hot rockers.
It was well written, the characters were great, and it kept
Tracy Trixy
Feb 28, 2015 Tracy Trixy rated it really liked it
What can I say.... I love reading about tatted, hot rockets as much as the next person, and this book definitely fits the bill but for some reason, I felt a little disappointed once I'd finished reading. I can't put my finger on it, let me explain, we meet two sisters at a concert for Ozstryker, called Beth and Layla.
Eyes meet, tours joined, crazy times ahead and don't get me wrong it is a good read, but there was something missing for me
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Cardinal
  • Find You in Paris (The Darcy Brothers, #1)
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Bliss (The Custos, #1)
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Dawn of Forever (Jack & Jill, #3)
  • Abstract Love
  • Reveal
  • The Marriage Agenda
  • Thrasher
  • Kissed at Midnight
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone, #1)
  • Submerged (Bound Together #1)
  • Snowflakes & Fire Escapes
  • Hunter
  • Accidentally Compromising the Duke (Wedded by Scandal, #1)
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
I have written stories for as long as I can remember. I wrote my first book when I was five years old. It was called, The Goodies, and it was a short story about driving to the shops to get some milk. Needless to say, it was a very short book and hardly the page turner. It was also illustrated in orange felt tip pen because it was the only felt tip pen left in the pencil case that wasn’t dried up ...more
More about Penny Dee...