Start by marking “Lessons from Great Lives: Learn to Be Rich in All Areas of Your Life!” as Want to Read:
Lessons from Great Lives: Learn to Be Rich in All Areas of Your Life!

Lessons from Great Lives: Learn to Be Rich in All Areas of Your Life!

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Book by Sterling W. Sill, Dan McCormick
Published September 1st 2007 by Aylesbury Publishing (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Lessons from Great Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons from Great Lives

Marni
I love this book. Sterling Sill was an incredibly studious man, and what a blessing for him to share his studies of great people with us. Each chapter includes an inspiring look at people that have worked hard at their different talents, so when the time was right, they were ready to give themselves to greater things.

The original book has 13 more chapters (disappointed those were taken out for this version), but this book has two additional chapters by Dan McCormick on Socrates and Sterling Sill
Feb 01, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own
Not finished reading yet. Some favorite quotes so far:

". . . you may judge a man more truly by the books and papers that he reads than by the social companions that he keeps."

Sill talks about how an autobiography works better when it is managed similar to a budget:

"A planned program that gives an autobiography its direction in real time is much more profitable than a story which, after death, merely recounts what happened."

"An autobiography forces us to study ourselves. If it is thought about in
Jary Welker
May 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A great read and I enjoyed every story. What a powerful premise behind both the original edition by Sterling W Sill and this re-release by Dan McCormick with his updated data and perspective. The legacies of great leaders are timeless and these simple yet profound lessons inspire me to study more deeply these great lives. In our world today we are too often taken by the flash and glitter of our contemporary so called "heroes" and while some are truly great men and women, many are empty suits who ...more
Chad
May 29, 2009 rated it liked it
This one was hard to rate. I really wanted to rate it 4 or 5 stars, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I really wavered between 2 and 3 stars, but ended up at 3 because I was really glad I had been exposed to this book.

I love the idea of this book. I love the premise. I love the lessons that we can learn from great lives. I loved reading about these powerful people and what drove them.

Unfortunately, the book is not well written. It was painful to have to slog through the endless moralizing
Jill
Feb 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
I loved the exposure to many great and inspiring people that I knew so little about. It makes me want to read their autobiographies or a biography of their lives and glean more. There is so much good in this book. I highlighted things that impressed me. I can't wait to go back and study my margins and thoughts again. I personally have gained much from the lives of these people. In the chapter on Job (p.144) the authors state, "many of our greatest blessings are frequently lost", because of misha ...more
Brooke
Jun 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
There are some very inspiring people in our history. I am in awe of what people are able to accomplish and the impact they have on history. A few people talked about in this book are Jesus, Benjamin Franklin, Ghandi, Abraham Lincoln, Socrates, The Prophet Job, and many others.
Pam
Mar 20, 2008 marked it as to-read
Attended a Successful People Seminar through my home-business. The co-author Dan McCormick presented on this book and gave great insight on why we should all be studying lives of great people. I am excited to read it and will post information when I have finished.
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, very insightful and interesting.
Munro
Aug 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and learned a lot about great leaders, some of whom I didn't know much about.
Barbara Lovejoy
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! I plan to read it again--maybe a chapter a day. It inspired me to want to learn from the best who have lived and become more like them.
Nitika Dhiman