Start by marking “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1” as Want to Read:
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1

(Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Single Issues) #1)

NEW ONGOING SERIES! Terror is born anew in this dark reimagining of Sabrina the Teenage Witch’s origin. On the eve of her sixteenth birthday, the young sorceress finds herself at a crossroads, having to choose between an unearthly destiny and her mortal boyfriend, Harvey. But a foe from her family’s past has arrived in Greendale, Madame Satan, and she has her own deadly ag ...more
Published October 7th 2014 by Archie Comic Publications, Inc. (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1

Start your review of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1
~Bookishly~
This was a rather short, but intriguing retelling of Sabrina the teenage witch. This is nothing like the tv programme that we all used to watch in the nineties. This is extremely dark, and I think it'll take me a little while to get used to. I found the story sequence flowed easily, and I thought the art was pretty good too. I thought this did a rather good job of telling us Sabrina's backstory of what happened before the teenage years. There was some bonus material at the back which wasn't to m ...more
✦BookishlyRichie✦
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!!!

I'd never read the original Sabrina comics but I was a huge fan of the TV series in the 90s and when I read there was a horror-ish graphic novel remix of Sabrina I jumped at it and downloaded #1. I loved how dark and creepy it was and I think this would actually make a really awesome TV rendition of Sabrina, all dark and scary but still full of teen drama and angst. I look forward to reading on in this series. :)

- Richard
Diana
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch is Volume 1 of the latest Sabrina series. It is my understanding that this is the inspiration for the upcoming TV series of the same name due to air sometime this year. When I learned this, of course I needed to check out the graphic novel. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is apparently also the creator of Riverdale, the dark Archie comics which have inspired the already running TV series titled Riverdale.

This is not the cute Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Jillian Reynolds (Jillian Loves Books)
A really interesting and very dark twist on the show I loved so much as a child. I'm a big fan of this so far, even though it's a bit dark. But the story still feels familiar. I'll definitely be continuing on with this series, because I'm already super interested (which is a huge relief for someone who starts a million comic series, and never seems to finish them). ...more
lee_readsbooks
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
@drunk_on_bookz

After recently watching the new Netflix series of Sabrina I decided to try out this graphic novel. I will definitely be continuing with the rest of the series.
Stephanie ((Strazzybooks))
**I'm so excited to find out that this is going to be a Netflix series starting October 26th!**

I love Sabrina everything, so I had to read this creepy series starter. I'll be finishing the series, but will need some episodes of the TV show in between for a palate cleanser.
unknown pokemon
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
3.5/5 Stars

It was an interesting read in my anticipation of the second season of the show but it definitely isn't as good. I just liked the Riverdale Cameo in it, and Hilda and Zelda.
Divine Anas
I decided to read this since the Netflix adaptation is already on air and I've watched the first episode only! Hahahha. Reading this though makes more sense and can give major spoilers even just by the first issue. This story sequence was smooth and I quite enjoyed the art style for this issue. Also, the cover is absolutely gorgeous and she's actually close to the actress playing her! ...more
Trisha
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, kindle
This was so creepy and awesome at the same time! Having not read the original Sabrina The Teenage Witch comics, I had nothing to compare this piece with, which possibly made it more enjoyable for me than it was for most other readers. Downloading the next one right NOW!!

4/5🌟.
Andrea Way
This was okay I guess. The story was fine but I am not a fan of the art style. Gave this a go as wanted to read before the Netflix show comes out. Will watch the show but won’t carry on with the graphic novel.
Kelly
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I downloaded this as it was free on Amazon Prime. I thought the tv show was ok but I actually enjoyed this graphic novel. I found myself laughing at it and the art work is amazing. I preferred it to the show.
Klinta
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was so short! I was quite surprised that it finished so quickly. Can't even figure how to rate it really, because in a way this was just the first chapter.

Before I have read only the Teenage Witch series, which was when I was a kid. I haven't seen the Netflix TV series and I am glad. It looks like this is going to go in a very scary and creepy direction and I am so easy to scare that I will stick with the books.

I am not urged by this story to pick up the next one but am still quite intere
Monsour
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
"You've never been to high school, but I have... it's as dangerous and frightful a place as exists. Hell on earth for mortals and witches alike... where there are dragons behind every smile"

So this is basically a reboot of Sabrina the teenage witch. The story is good but I really didnt dig the art. Not a bad way to start a series, let's see whats ahead of this.
Alicia
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always loved Sabrina the Teenage Witch growing up and I had no idea these graphic novels existed u til a few months ago. The graphics were amazing and I loved the storyline. I definitely need to check out the TV series now.
Petronėlė
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very quick read. Only bought the first issue when I was back home for Thanksgiving. Ordering the next few issues immediately. I love how dark and gritty it is. The art is decent, but the facial expressions always seem the same and the look of a character can change drastically from one page to another that I sometimes didn't recognize them. Loved how it was Betty and Veronica who accidentally summoned that creature. Overall, I like this kind of comic over a super hero comic. Would def ...more
Stay Fetters
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
A dark, gritty and demonic take on Sabrina the teenage witch. I was expecting light and fluffy and what you get is horrorly gruesomeness.
The black and white makes the art stand out more and somehow makes it more startlingly creepier.
Can't wait for the grapic novel to be released.
Martina
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've been watching the Netflix TV series and loving it, so I decided to start reading these amazing comics. I love Sabrina's story and even if this first comic was very short, I liked seeing an even darker version of her and of the story. Can't wait to read them all! ...more
Carissa Lynn Reads
This isn't the Sabrina the Teenage Witch you grew up with, this comic is dark!
I usually wait to watch shows/films until I've read the book/comic/manga but sometimes I do it the other way around and this is the case with Chilling Adventures.. I have watched the show and binged it like crazy because I enjoyed it so much! The comic is even more dark and twisted, just the way I like it! 🖤😂 .
It was a short read and I cannot wait to read the rest! Also the artwork.. AMAZING!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 rounded up to
Hannah
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty cool! Tho I am still not sure if it is really same as the TV show cuz the beginning was really dark but the rest was exactly like in the show...Anybody read this?
DJ
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good start, I think these could be really good!
Tiffany
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviews

Wanted to give it a trying since I’ve seen the first season of it on Netflix. Not bad so far
MaryJane
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Darker than the show but I’m kinda here for it 👀
Rebecca Crunden
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, horror
Very retro and spooky!
Deanna
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I remember watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch on TV after school with my sister! What a great little graphic novel. I’m looking forward to reading the sequential volumes.
Cat
Dec 30, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a fun way to start this series.
Sara Bakhshi
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-comics
I started to read this because I just finished the TV series Netflix made.
I like how it differs.
Sabrina
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Definitely not for kids! If you enjoy a warped, darker tale, once in a while, try this one out. I liked having all of the cultural references with it set in a different time period, somehow it lightens the mood of a family of cannibalistic witches. (My review for #2 is pretty much the same, but you should definitely read this line firsrt, should you decide to read the series).
Brooke Garratt
Dec 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, it shows all the things we didn't know in the show as they occurred prior to where the show begins and I have found it fascinating to learn this extra information and see more about Sabrina's back story. ...more
Bobbie  Bomber
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-book-reads
Great start

The start of this and I really like the time period it's using the art is groovy and I can't wait to read more
Mel
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After hearing that this new incarnation of Sabrina was coming to television, I had to get the first issue and read it.

This is not your mom's Sabrina the Teenage Witch. The story is decidedly creepy and steeped in the supernatural, yet somehow it maintains its roots for a teenage audience, while managing to interest adults as well. After reading this first issue, I'm looking forward to the television show.

If you want some chill with your Sabrina, if you want to look at the character through a dif

• Riverdale #8
  • Riverdale #11
  • Madam Satan (One-Shot) #1 (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)
  • Riverdale #9
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch (2019-) #5
  • Archie (2015-) #6
  • Archie (2015-) #5
  • Archie (2015-)  #3

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Single Issues) (8 books)
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #2