Start by marking “Coffee With Ray” as Want to Read:
Coffee With Ray

Coffee With Ray

Through the eyes of a simple piano teacher, learn the strategies to remove any self made learning obstacles so that you can achieve all you put your mind too. After ten years of teaching piano, Matt had become completely disillusioned with his career choice. Teaching was increasingly more frustrating, students were more difficult to motivate and coping with the stress had ...more
Published December 13th 2013 (first published December 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Coffee With Ray, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coffee With Ray

Start your review of Coffee With Ray
Dori Stowell
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This simple, yet powerful book gave me so many ideas on how to better "coach" my piano students to achieve their goals. This book was so captivating, that I was unable to put it down when I first got it! In fact, I had to force myself to set it down, so I could stay with my book club! I plan to re-read this book several times as it is changing my own teaching mindset, and warrants a second and third read-thru.
Sebastian
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. There have to be more story/textbook combinations. But now if I think of it: Isn't every good book something to learn from?
Sara
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a quick read, and should be on piano teachers' to read list. My favourite quote, "But I don't just want to make them better piano players; I want to assist them in being better people, people with the skills to accomplish whatever they dream about."
Noreen
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is a book where you will want to takes notes and internalize the messages
Valerie
Much food for thought. I highly recommend to anyone that works in an educational setting, not just piano teachers!
Renee Calvo
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book for all educators!

It has a wonderful flow of life lessons as you read through each chapter. It's a quick and easy read, but it has moments to ponder and apply to your own teaching. It's a great story to read for inspiration as you begin a new school year or just need encouragement during the semester.
corey reynolds
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Coffee With Ray Review

Coffee with Ray is a phenomenal story told in a short number of pages. This book explains the importance of understanding, trying new things, empowering others, and how to provide validation. As a future teacher I found this book insightful, funny, and unique in how it presents small changes to make that can have a huge impact on students and others. I would recommend this to not just teachers, but others looking to change their outlook, perspective, and way of thought.
Elisabeth
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I highly recommend this unique take on shifting one's perspective as an educator. It was a quick read, but I need to go back through and take more detailed notes on some ideas that I jotted down. Even if you don't teach, but work directly with people in any way, this is a good read.
Amy
Not a review; just a statement that I'm not particularly loving the term "a simple piano teacher" in the blurb.
Simon
Apr 13, 2019
Linda M. Calhoun
Feb 06, 2019
Katrina Thompson
rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2019

• Beyond the Music Lesson:Habits of Successful Suzuki Families
  • The Art of Possibility
  • Everything is F*cked: A Book About Hope
  • The Gifts of Imperfection
  • Angels Flight (Harry Bosch, #6; Harry Bosch Universe, #7)
  • The Black Ice (Harry Bosch, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #2)
  • A Darkness More Than Night (Harry Bosch, #7; Terry McCaleb, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #9)
  • City of Thieves
  • City of Bones (Harry Bosch, #8; Harry Bosch Universe, #10)
  • Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
  • Mansfield Park
  • The Other Wind (Earthsea Cycle, #6)
  • Mythical Me: Finding Freedom from Constant Comparison
  • Preludes & Nocturnes (The Sandman, #1)
  • Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
Nick Ambrosino, has been a leading expert helping teachers, parents and students of all ages, in the field of human potential and excellence, since 1986. He started his career as a public school music teacher and then launched his own private education company in 1988.

Nick is a renowned learning specialist, coach, and speaker for his work with thousands of students, teachers and parents, on crea