Start by marking “Delivered (A Christmas Novella)” as Want to Read:
Delivered (A Christmas Novella)

Delivered (A Christmas Novella)

Published 2014 by Laura Dunaway

Rachel
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
****An ARC was received for an honest and fair review****

Overall rating: 4 stars!

Triggers: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)

My review:

This is a cute and sweet read perfect for the holidays! It is super short and definitely has an instal-love feel, which I LOVE. I loved how both characters recognized the rapid onset of their feelings and definitely didn't hurry i
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

This novella is very short and goes by very fast, however the whole story takes places in two days.
A pregnant Andi gets stuck in a snow storm and is having contractions when handsome doctor Jase rescues her and helps deliver little Tucker.
Andi's husband died in Iraq a few months earlier.
The thing is, they exchanged two words, and Jase admits he is falling for her. WHAT THE FUDGE?!?!
The next day he tries to visit her in the hospital and she is gone.
Let me repeat WHAT THE FUDGE? A First time mom i
Blondies Little Book Life
*This may contain spoilers*

I received an ARC for an honest review

I’d only met her two days ago yet it seemed like I’d known her for years. There was something about this woman I couldn’t get out of my mind. The intoxication she’d put me under was getting stronger by the minute. I had to play it cool and take it slow.

I absolutely loved it. This Novella is beautiful story about friendship and second chances at True Love. We get both Andi and Jase's POV, which I love. The character Andi has been th
Sarah Armstrong
Shelves: read-in-2014, arc
I received an ARC to leave an honest review.

Let me just say that Laura Dunaway is becoming one of my favorite authors, her books are unique, character driven, & amazing. Delivered opens up with an emotional prologue & you know it's going to take you on a incredible journey. We meet Andi, months ago she received devastating news that changed her life & right now she's pregnant, her car broke down, & she's in labor, luckily Dr. Jase Rollins finds her. This is a quick sweet read th
Judie
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a moving & loving Novella. I totally felt sadness for Andi but happy that she and Jase met, although under not so normal circumstances. Jase absolutely warmed my heart with his unconditional love & strength that he provided to Andi. Great Novella Laura!!! I truly enjoyed this read.
Tiffany Willams
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"He was a complete stranger, yet he felt like one of my closest friends."

Oh my goodness! I fell totally and completely in love with this novella! I'm a sucker for Christmas stories anyway, but this was just beautiful!

Andi Porter has had an emotional year. After finding out she is pregnant, she looses her dear husband just a few months later. You can imagine the emotions that she goes through. It's heartbreaking. She also is surprised to find out that she's going into labor days before she shoul
Wednesday Stanley
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I have been able to read by Laura Dunaway. When I got the email asking to help with the cover reveal and a chance to read this novella, I jumped on it. I think like a lot of people at this time of year I just want to read a feel good book. Whether it has to do with the holiday or not. But of course as it gets closer to Christmas this year, I have found that I have wanted to read more Christmas-y themed books.

I have to say that novella is a fast paced and touching read.
Marissa
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC Kindle Copy

Andi Porter finds herself about to give birth despite being a recent widow as her husband died several months ago serving in the war in Afghanistan. She finds herself caught in a snowstorm a few days before Christmas and still confused how she will make it without her husband.

She finds herself near a woman shelter and is rescued by Doctor Jase Rollins an emergency doctor who volunteers at the the shelter once a week but it has recently been short on doctor volunteers. He ends up c
Lady Living  In Bookland
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well what a fantastic Christmas novella. The heartache of newly widowed Andi is lead in to the arms of a rather perfect man - Jase. With a new baby, a dead husband and no family around her, her new connection with Dr Rollins starts. Desperate for the pair to allow themselves happiness and patience we see them over the festive period.

Will Andi be able to let Jase in after all the heartache she's been through? Will she get the unexpected Christmas present or will the emotions she's going through
Shanoff Reads
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a short, sweet and a tad bit sexy Christmas Novella. I might be just a bit biased since I have been part of this story from the beginning.

I absolutely love the characters right from the beginning and there wasn't a time when I didn't want more of their story. Andi's character is so sweet and so genuine. Considering the situation she has found herself in she is a very strong woman and her actions were believable in every situation.

Jase...oh my sweet Jase. I love a man who has no drama a
Tracey Parker
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great short story by Laura. There are so many emotions that are brought out in the beginning of the story. I could never imagine being in Andi's position. Jase, Dr. Rollins is an amazing Dr as well as a great man. He has a wonderful can't who taught him to be a great guy. With these two and the unique situation, can they have more or will it just be friends, someone who helped her when she needed it. A great emotional read. Loved it!!!
CDBW
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Crazy Ass Stars!!!!!

I absolutely loved this novella. I was fortunate to beta read this and I have to say that I love the finished product. My biggest fear is to lose my husband and my kids to grow up with out a father so this story was very emotional for me. I loved reading this and this is most definitely a must read for a quick holiday read.
Jasminn
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was very good. For a novella, I didn't expect too much, but I absolutely loved it! Laura knocked it out of the park with this one! As soon as I picked it up I could not put it down, from the cover to the end, it was absolutely amazing!
Mary Fazzi
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably sweet book. Andi is a young women trying to make a life for her and her baby when she meets Jace during the delivery of her baby Tucker. Jace and Andi felt the Lightning Bolt go through their skin at the same time but with Andi was still grieving for her husband who was killed only 5 months ago lots of doubts going on.
Jace knew right away there was something special with Andi. He was trying to forget her but knew it wouldn't work. So he did what he could went to her and try to make
Jennifer Rose
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gifted for an honest review (no plot reveal)

Five Wonderful Stars

It's been a long time since I have read a feel good book and this book was just that, it made me smile with its wonderful heart-warming story of two people drawn together under unusual circumstances.

I highly recommend this book for those of you who are in need of a hefty dose of true romance, the kind that leaves you with a smile glued to your face, you won't regret it!
Peggy
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One women's tragic... Will emotionally draw you in and feel every heat break Andi feels. One special gift... Will draw you in deeper as you read what the special gift is... But one last thing... A sweet book once you over come the pain you feel for Andi. But does it all work in the end? Don't miss out on this amazing Christmas read!

*Received for an honest review*
Wendy Homan
5 sweet and sexy stars!
Andi- a woman trying to recover from a terrible loss while starting the next chapter in her life and Jase- Mmmmm hmmmm!! Tender and caring. I love these two and their story!
This is a quick, sweet, sexy, heartfelt read. I am never disappointed when reading one of Laura's books!!!
Yasmin Vasquez
Disappointed

This was a very interesting read, I felt the story was all over the place and there were holes in the story. I'm glad Jase and Andi ended up together but there wasn't a lot of detail.
Gosia
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was short and sweet

I guess it the shortness of the book threw me. I expected it to be a little longer but other than that it was good. Moved really fast. Would have preferred a bit more of a story between the ending and the epilogue.
Dianne
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Although this story is highly unbelieable, it was extremely cute. I just wished it was longer and that we had gotten to see Andi and Jase really fall in love. I am happy I read this for Christmas.
Liz
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
A lovely short Christmas story.

Andi is about to give birth to her first child, widowed and alone she makes it into a clinic. Dr Rollins is immediately taken with the woman in front of him, will he be able to keep his distance at this difficult time of year?

Danni
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it
That was a really nice and sweet read.
Lauren
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: babies, short-story, widow
2.5 Stars.
I liked the concept of this story but I needed more. I needed more story and more depth.
I liked Jase and Andi but I didn’t feel much of a connection between them. I didn’t feel a spark. I could see Jase’s attraction but Andi was grieving.
I didn’t get any answers until the epilogue and even then I felt like there were a huge chunk of story missing. I am sad to say I was left feeling disappointed when I finished this story.
The storyline for this book is easy to follow and an ok read,
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pregnant and widowed, Andi Porter is still reeling from the loss of her husband. When she finds herself in labor and stranded in a snowstorm, it seems like her timing couldn't be worse. Doctor Jase Rollins is a well respected doctor who has a knack for being right where he needs to be. When his right place collides with Andi's wrong time, an unlikely and unexpected connection is made that neither can ignore. This Christmas may deliver the best gift of all … a second chance for the woman who lost ...more
Julie Kirby
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh such a sweet sweet story. I know its set at Christmas and its been sitting on my Kindle since then, but I'm glad I read this book now.

How terrifying loosing your true love, after just finding out your are going to have a baby.

I loved Andi, what a strong courageous lady, to undergo something so special alone.

Ooh Jase Dr Rollins what a lovely man, kind, considerate and very caring.

So lucky to stumble into a clinic at the right time, with a doctor and nurse to help her through a very emotional t
Mary
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andi finds herself in a situation she never dreamed of, pregnant and her husband has been killed in Iraq. She has to find the strength to push through when out one night buying Christmas gifts her car gets stuck and she goes into labor. She stumbles upon a clinic where she meets Dr. Jase who steps in and delivers her baby. Jase is drawn into Andi's orbit and realizes that she probably isn't ready for a relationship. Andi struggles with new feelings while grieving her husband. Can these two souls ...more
Radiant
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Andi is a widowed and pregnant,stuck in a snow storm and in labour she meets Jase,the handsome doctor who's helps her bring her child to world.Jase never though he could find love in the women he helped birthing.But when he first sees Andi he can't stop the attraction,love and concern he feels for her.They both may need time to heal and discover love...and give a second chance to it.
Its a short,sweet and nice story.The story writing for nice for a Christmas read...and i am happy to read Christma
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delivered

Good story. Fairly clean with a little profanity. Andi's husband, Blake, was killed in Iraq when she was four months pregnant. Five months later, she is stuck in a snow storm and in labor when she shows up at the clinic where ER doctor Jace Rollins is working. After delivering her son and getting them to the hospital, Jace can't get them out of his mind.
J
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book started out very heartwarmingly about a widow showing up at a shelter in labor on a very snowy night. Fortunately a doctor is on duty who helps her deliver her baby and starts to (almost immediately) have feelings for her. Unfortunately, the book took a turn into mushy and cheesy at the end and I ended up not liking it much.
Lauren Dennison anno
Loved the Love in this Book!

I loved that poor Andi was at her most vulnerable and needy and Jase was not only there for her, he fell in love with her as well. This kind of devotion just melts my heart. A wonderful story. I just wish the author hadn't rushed through the end so abruptly!
Laura Dunaway has been married to her prince for 20 years and together they are raising three amazing kids. While she's always had a passion for reading and writing, it wasn't until a few years ago that she finally realized she should pursue her dream of writing and publishing a book. After many many attempts at starting one, her first book, Distorted, was finally the one that flowed and before sh ...more