Start by marking “Ascendance Trilogy: The False Prince, The Runaway King, The Shadow Throne” as Want to Read:
Ascendance Trilogy: The False Prince, The Runaway King, The Shadow Throne

Ascendance Trilogy: The False Prince, The Runaway King, The Shadow Throne

THE FALSE PRINCE, The RUNAWAY KING, and THE SHADOW THRONE is the thrilling journey in a brand new trilogy filled with danger, deceit and adventure.

In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan to find an impersonator of the king's long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Four or
Audio CD
Published May 5th 2015 by Scholastic on Brilliance Audio (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ascendance Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ascendance Trilogy

Adventurous

Awesome

Exciting

Interesting

Favorite Character(s): Sage and King Jaron. Sage is smart and funny. Lots of unexpected stuff happens, but I can't tell you because it would spoil it, so just trust me.

Least favorite character: King Vargan because he's rude and evil.

Narrator: He did a good job!

Final Verdict: I wish there was more!
Angela Low
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very unexpected series that made my mind blown away for all three books. Screaming and shouting was like a must when I read. Highly recommended for people who wants to have a headstart on thriller books.
Tejas
Jan 26, 2017 added it
All three of these books were amazing. The whole series was fantastic with traitors and twists and turns at every second, making the book impossible to put down. Greate series for fantasy readers and people who like reading about the old times.
Julie
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
wonderfully written series. Books with depth and heart as well as humor and action. Kept my entire family riveted.
Andrea Garfield
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!!!
BryantJ jackson
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like the Ascendance Trilogy. It is a good adventure and mystery series. The False Prince was my favorite book of the series because of all of the action and mystery in it. My favorite character was the main character because he reminds me of me. There wasn't a character I didn't like in the book because they all went with the story really well. I don't think there is anything the author should change about the books because they were awesome. I would recommend this book to anyone who li ...more
Bibliogyan
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating series about friendship, love, deceit, loyalty and war. The books are full of twists and turns and will not stop till the end of the final book. A mysterious man, an orphan and a kingdom without a ruler and a country in despair makes for the perfect recipe for grand epic adventure and fantasy. A page turner and infused with complex characters. Effortless storytelling.

Full review on www.bibliogyan.com
Salina McMichael
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this trilogy after I read The Traitor’s Game and The Deceiver’s Heart so in comparison, the ascendant trilogy was much slower and harder to read for me. It was just repeating the same scenarios over and over in the second and third books. The ending was good though.
wordDreamer
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: series-completed
3.5 stars!!
Brandi Carson
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was actually very pleased at all of the twists and turns in this series. Real page turners that actually kept me on my toes!
Linda Patchett
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writing - complicated protagonist and exciting and tense plot
Deanna
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun series! Nothing special though.
Ruby Slippers
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was SO good that I read the whole series twice. I've never listened to the Audio, but the book is amazing, so this probably is too.
Maria Arzate
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished the Ascendance Trilogy in just a few days it was so good!!!
Nichole
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read this series to my 10 year old son. It was a fun read to read together. Kept our attention and kept us reading.
Rachel
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I was completely unprepared for this captivating, adventurous ride. My son consumed the trilogy and because it looked "boyish", I checked it out on tape for my husband and then started listening to it myself only because I get jumpy about people talking about book plots, if there is even the remote possibility, that I may someday read them. From the beginning I was hooked and forbade my husband, who was ahead of me, to even discuss inconsequentialities with my son in earshot, until I finally got ...more
Mara S.
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
At first glance this series has a lot in common with other YA fantasy adventure novels, especially in terms of setting, themes, and overall tone. What distinguishes it from the pack is the main character. He's a thief, a rogue, and a liar...who also happens to be a royal. He's insanely reckless, always walking the knife's edge between brilliance and complete and utter ruin. One of the coolest aspects of the series is the fact that he lies to and withholds information from the reader. Even though ...more
Keegan
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This was a fun story to listen to driving across the country -- good for engaging both kids and adults. Some violence, but we felt it was still appropriate for our crowd of young listeners, which I appreciated. My little boys wanted to keep listening, and my husband and I did too. The characters were good and the plot was engaging. I loved that the girls were strong characters. There were more male characters, but the female characters were really wonderful.

My one complaint -- and it's not a big
Michele Gibson
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-fantasy
Ellen Broadhurst
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the final book in a well written middle-school series. My eleven year old loved the characters, the action and the suspense. As an adult, it's fairly predictable, but, as it's not meant for adult readers, that not a criticism, just a comment on the appropriate audience. The ending is satisfying, and I like the way the author ties together the three books. It is clear she had all three laid out when writing the first one, and it creates a very satisfying arch for the middle school reader. ...more
Arabella
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series was amazing! I was spellbound the whole time I was reading it. The writing was awesome. The author likes to keep her readers guessing and chooses the least expected outcome. The main character constantly got into scrapes and somehow got out of them alive. I would recommend it to anyone!
Debs Taylor
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would say this series is aimed at an 11+ audience, and I enjoyed it too. The characters were interesting, matured over the series, and written to be real. Some of the scenarios the main character manages to wiggle his way out of are pretty extreme, but fit with the genre and character.
Gracelynn Williams
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
these books were absolutely amazing! I would definitely put it up there with harry potter! they're not nearly as long, but that doesn't take away from the book. if you enjoy a time period with kingdoms and pirates, and a clever boy, you will most likely LOVE this book!
Lisa
Apr 09, 2015 rated it liked it
These books were easy to read and were entertaining. Each story could be read by itself and yet it made as complete trilogy. These would be good for young adults.
Joshua Borger
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Ascendance Trilogy is one of my favorite trilogys. This suspenceful adventure kept me turning the pages. I also love how Jaron has a lovable and stubborn personality.
Misty
Dec 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun, quick read for juvenile fiction. My daughter really enjoyed it. I finished each of the books in a day or two.
Andrea
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finished this series and Loved it, kept telling my husband to read them. I liked listening to it on audio book and got used to the reader's voice.
Heather Jarvinen-Allen
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this trilogy. It was an easy read and kept my interest.
Heather Novak
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the entire series! Good clean writing!
Brianna
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was one of the best series I have read, an incredible story with great characters, and major surprises and twists!!!
The Ascendance Trilogy 2 3 Aug 22, 2014 05:38AM

• Bloodhound (Cinderella, #1)
  • Pharaoh's Concubine
  • Merciless (The Mermen Trilogy, #3)
  • อกเกือบหักแอบรักคุณสามี
  • Deadly Contact
  • คิวบิก 2 (CUBIC, #2)
  • Hacienda Moon (PathSeekers, #1)
  • 春待つ僕ら 2 [Haru Matsu Bokura 2] (Waiting for Spring, #2)
  • The Sweet Evil Complete Collection: Sweet Evil, Sweet Peril, Sweet Reckoning
  • Catspaw (Blackheart #1)
  • Nothing To Lose (Grey Justice, #1)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1-5)
  • Oblivion (Lux, #1.5, 2.5, 3.5)
  • The Invitation (Darkness Rising, #1.6)
  • The Prisoner of Zenda (Oxford Bookworms)
  • The Caster Chronicles 1-3 Collection (Caster Chronicles, #1-3)
  • Compromising Positions
  • Protecting His Princess
Jennifer lives at the base of a very tall mountain in Northern Utah with her husband, three children, and a naughty puppy. She loves the smell of rainy days, hot chocolate, and old books, preferably all at once. She is a former speech teacher, theater director, and enjoyed a brief but disastrous career as a door-to-door pollster. In her spare time, Jennifer tends to panic, wondering what she has f ...more
“Don't give up, Sage, and don't give in to him. Please. A lot of us are watching you, and we need to see that it's possible to win.” 3 likes