Start by marking “Bad Bones (Red Eye)” as Want to Read:
Bad Bones (Red Eye)

Bad Bones

(Red Eye)

Some things are best left buried. Gabe is feeling the pressure. His family has money troubles, he's hardly talking to his dad, plus lowlife Benny is on his case. Needing some space to think, he heads off into the hills surrounding LA. And he suddenly stumbles across a secret that will change everything. A shallow grave. Gabe doesn't think twice about taking the gold bracel ...more
Published May 4th 2015 by Stripes (first published October 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Bones

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little Tiger Group and NetGalley.)

I’m afraid I just didn’t like this book; I just found it deathly boring.

Gabe came across as a bit selfish – who finds human remains, and instead of reporting them to the cops nicks the dead person’s jewellery? I mean really?

The storyline in this just bored me. I got to a point where I just really didn’t care, and the info-dumps around the 40% mark made me want to throw
Cora Tea Party Princess
DNF at 12%

I'm sorry Graham.

It's not you, it's me.

It's not that I don't like any of your books, I actually really liked How It Works. It's just that I really don't like your style any more.

And it took me five hours to read 12% of this book. That's almost ten minutes per page.

It just wasn't my cup of tea.

I received a copy of this for free via NetGalley for review purposes.
Abbie
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from netgalley, In exchange for an honest review)

I didn't like the last book in the red eye series (Flesh and Blood) very much, but this one was defiantly the worst one for me.

I found it really hard to get interested in the story, and the further it progressed, the more bored I felt. I didn't like the main character either, so there was nothing that could save the story for me unfortunately.

Overall, not a read I enjoyed.
Kimberly
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: legends, mount-tbr, ya
BAD BONES, by Graham Marks is one of the books in the "Red Eye" series. While I really enjoyed another book in the series (FROZEN CHARLOTTE by Alex Bell), I was overall disappointed with this one. The story wasn't horrible, but the way it was told just didn't work for me. I never got a feeling for the characters--they remained 2-dimensional stereotypes throughout the course of the novel. By the time I reached the end, even that was a let down.

I have seen some decent reviews on this book, it just
Chelley Toy
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it
This review was originally posted on www.talesofyesterday.co.uk

Graham Mark's contribution to the fab Red Eye series is a welcome addition and one that I enjoyed. I am a huge Indiana Jones fan and I found that whilst not exactly the same it had hints of a young Indiana Jones feel to the book which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Bad Bones tells the story of Gabe who's family have fell on hard times and he is desperate to try and ease the burden and help his family even if it means running illegal errands fo
Xxertz
BLUF: Skip this one.

**I was provided a copy of this book from netgalley.com in exchange for an honest review**

Okay, okay.. I will fess up. I only downloaded this book from netgalley because my boyfriend’s son said the cover looked stupid and I disagreed. I’m sorry – I should have never agreed to review a YA novel as this is one of my least liked genres.

That said, it’s not going to stop me from provided an honest review..

This book is part of the Red Eye series, but is very much a standalone.

The p
leah
Oct 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
I went into this book even after a friend of mine told me she didn't like it at all and that it was incredibly boring. *sigh* I should have listened to her.

I can't say a lot for this book considering that I didn't finish it. I don't even think I made it halfway into this book. Oh jeez.

This book is about an average teenager named Gabe. His family has some serious money crisis and Gabe too has a list of his own problems. He goes to the hills surrounding L.A to think about his situation. He stumbl
Sally
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: folklore, horror, ya
Another good read from the Red Eye horror series. This has got great nuances of classic horror stories in it, combining the folkloric mystery of Mayan mythology and Christianity with a heavy dash of "be careful what you wish for" moral consequence.

It's got some heavy gore/horror description which make it unsuitable for younger readers but the pace and content is great for most YA readers to be able to engage with well.

The bad guy was really bad, the good guy was fallible - which makes him believ
Kim
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Gabe is your average sixteen year old boy dealing with life's day to day struggle until he finds something unexpected in the desert. His discovery means he must face an age old struggle of good vs evil. Does he have what it takes to overcome this dark force in the world?

I found Bad Bones started better than it ended. There is plenty of action and tension but the climax seemed to lack the punch to better satisfy the reader's desire for the story's ending. It just fizzled out a wee bit.

The charac
Veronica
Oct 24, 2015 rated it liked it
This is actually the first book I have read in the Red Eye series. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started so I didn't even know that it was a gruesome YA novel. It wasn't the most exciting book I have read but it really isn't too bad either. It was a nice around the campfire read and I think my kids especially my sons will like this when they become teenagers. It is definitely meant for the younger crowd which may be why it didn't appeal to older adults. The main pitch of the story ...more
Kirsty-Marie Jones
Bored. To. Tears.
Amaya B.
Jun 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Cleo
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No idea why the ratings are so bad! I found it an exiting and tense read throughout, as a fan of the red eye series, I couldn't not read this book, I have read...

-flesh and blood
-frozen Charlotte
-Charlotte says
-for
-bad bones

So far I am loving the series and can't wait to read the rest of them!
Nicole
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
I found the book to be more humourous than dark (which I can't complain about too much). I felt that the tone didn't really match the storyline in the way I'd hoped, and overall I found this book to be a little disappointing. It only picked up for me about 10-15 chapters from the end and there are 46. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be reading any more Graham Marks books.
Martin
May 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was OK. The ending was quite abrupt, which I didn't like, and much of it was farfetched. I've enjoyed others in the Red Eye series, but this one is probably my least favourite so far.
Megan Daly
Sep 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
I finished this book for the sole purpose of finishing it. Non-sensical plot line which didn't work in this context. One of the weaker books in the Red Eye Series.
Quinn Teague
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
It had lots of detail and was really enjoyable
Darien Griffiths
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Andrea
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this but the ending was disappointing
Sahina Bibi
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
As the wheels keep turning on the Red Eye Series factory, we keep getting more and more books to satisfy the inner horror lover in us. The next action-packed and horror laden tale from the series is Bad Bones which I have to review on the blog today. The reviews for the other books from this epic series can be found here: Frozen Charlotte, Sleepless, Flesh and Blood.

The premise greatly intrigued me, because of all kinds of horror (of which there is always plenty by the way) ghost stories are my
Mieneke
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, young-adult, 2015
Graham Marks’ Bad Bones is the fourth book in Stripes Publishing’s Red Eye series. I’ve enjoyed the series so far, so I was looking forward to the next instalment. Unlike the previous books, Bad Bones is set in the US, in LA to be exact, which makes for an interesting change of location and possible sets of problems. But while Bad Bones was a fun read, I was a bit disappointed by the narrative and the ending in particular.

The book’s protagonist, Gabe is a likeable sort, though he’s quite a troub
Maia Moore
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Original review posted here

If you’ve been around my blog at all you’ll have seen reviews for all the books in the Red Eye series and I have been loving them – YA + horror, what’s not to love?

I have to say Bad Bones was probably my least favourite in the series so far. For me, it was less of a horror and more a mystery book, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it’s less my cup of tea than horror, and this particular mystery just didn’t float my boat.

I liked Gabe as a protagonist and understo
Susan Angela Wallace
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bad Bones By Graham Marks is a horror and teens ya read.
Gabe is feeling the pressure. His family has money troubles, he’s hardly talking to his dad, plus lowlife Benny is on his case. Needing some space to think, he heads off into the hills surrounding LA. And he suddenly stumbles across a secret that will change everything. A shallow grave.

Gabe doesn’t think twice about taking the gold bracelet he finds buried there. Even from the clutches of skeletal hands. But he has no idea what he’s awaken
Kalilah
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Bad Bones is one of those stories which is alternately fast-paced and slow.
There's a lit bit of suspense and a lot of running around and escaping from the clutches of the enemy.
Overall, I thought the plot was simple - perhaps a little too simple - and the ending rather abrupt.
There were parts that I found very interesting, especially where the ex-cop/Priest is involved. But then it just sort of... flops, and becomes mundane and predictable once more.
I'm not sure if I would recommend it, but it
Angelnet
Nov 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: net-galley, on-kindle
Bad Bones was a bit of an odd book. Gabe goes off for a walk in the Hollywood Hills and stumbles across a shallow grave. Rather than report it to the authorities he decides to loot the body and steal the bracelet that is on the skeleton's arm.

I have to confess that I got to about 25% on this book and couldn't bring myself to keep reading. I didn't like Gabe and the plot was a bit thin and I couldn't feel any connection to the book at all. Really sorry but it wasn't for me.

Supplied by Net Galle
Emily Turner
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
this book was not my fav , i read it becuase it was in the red eye collection , i uderstood the storyline but it was confusing at times when reading it , it was catchy to me at all , becuase all i keept thinking was , "i brought the book now , i guess i should just read it till the end"
I found it boring some of the book , but not all there were sometimes i felt my self getting into it , so i would give this book maybe a 3 or 2
Jane
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Like Indiana Jones the main character Gabe found a way of getting money his family so badly needs. Sounds like job sorted – well no this booty has a past, and a secret that could change everything.

Gabe just has no idea of what he has done or what has been stirred. How will he save his family and friends?

Fast paced scary ride though LA.

I was asked to review this book by lovereading4kids and is due for publication May 2015.

A great young adults book by an interesting author.
Andrew Hall
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Best left alone ;)
M.J. J Mallon
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Read this on the #redeyereadalong, Stripes Publishing.
Review on my blog: https://kyrosmagica.wordpress.com/201...
Pat
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, ya
I found it difficult to believe the premise of this one.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dark Room (Red Eye)
  • One More Moon
  • Tales of the Dominion War (Star Trek: The Dominion War)
  • A Summer of Hummingbirds: Love, Art, and Scandal in the Intersecting Worlds of Emily Dickinson, Mark Twain , Harriet Beecher Stowe, and Martin Johnson Heade
  • Quicksilver (Forensic Geology #1)
  • The Buried Age (Star Trek: The Lost Era 2355)
  • The Woman I Was Born to Be: My Story
  • Where We Went Wrong
  • Robota
  • Flesh and Blood (Red Eye)
  • Coffin, Scarcely Used (Flaxborough, #1)
  • After Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (Crimescape #1)
  • Ninth and Nowhere
  • The Library: A Catalogue of Wonders
  • People Can't Drive You Crazy if You Don't Give Them the Keys
  • Finding Home (Hometown Harbor, #1)
  • Love at First Bark: How Saving a Dog Can Sometimes Help You Save Yourself
  • Sleepless (Red Eye)

Red Eye (10 books)
  • Frozen Charlotte (Frozen Charlotte, #1)
  • Sleepless (Red Eye)
  • Flesh and Blood (Red Eye)
  • Dark Room (Red Eye)
  • The Haunting
  • Fir
  • Charlotte Says (Frozen Charlotte, #2)
  • Savage Island (Red Eye)
  • Whiteout (RedEye)