Start by marking “Morning's Journey (The Dragon's Dove Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Morning's Journey (The Dragon's Dove Chronicles, #2)

Morning's Journey

(The Dragon's Dove Chronicles #2)

In a violent age when enemies besiege Brydein and alliances shift as swiftly as the wind, stand two remarkable leaders: the Caledonian warrior-queen Gyanhumara and her consort, Arthur the Pendragon. Their fiery love is tempered only by their conviction to forge unity between their disparate peoples. Arthur and Gyan must create an impenetrable front to protect Brydein and C ...more
Published December 16th 2014 by Pendragon Cove Press (first published June 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Morning's Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morning's Journey

Christian - Knightingale Reviews
Morning's Journey is an Arthurian tale full of intrigue and adventure. The book continues the epic story of Gyan and Arthur and the trials that they continually face. Kim Headlee has definitely woven a tale that will keep readers turning the pages. This is also a story that you will never forget. The mythology, details, and research required to bring this story to life are simply amazing. I have always loved books full of mythology, legendary characters, and scores of adventure and this book did ...more
Carol Douglas
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a page-turning tale of Guinevere (Gyan in this book) and Arthur. Gyan is a fierce Pict fighter, who in the previous book, Dawnflight, married Arthur. Gyan is the chiefteness of her tribe, and Arthur, though he is the head of Britain's armies, is her consort.

The fifth or sixth century setting feels authentic. This is a unique version of the legend that Arthurian buffs will want to read. Gyan and Arthur face battles and heartbreak.
Steph
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got the book from the author and Paranormal Romance & Authors That Rock in exchange for an honest review.

Mornings Journey is the second book on The Dragon’s Dove Chronicles. Therefore, I suggest you to read the first book on the series if you don’t want to get confused. Since I didn’t read the first book it took me quite a while to figure out the situation the characters were in and how they end up there. The story seems to take place in the middle ages. As soon as I heard Arthur Pendragon
Sue Davis
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: almost-favorite
KIM HEADLEE HAS CONTINUED THIS WONDERFUL STORY....A GREAT, DON'T WANT TO MISS SERIES
I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR AN HONEST REVIEW AND THIS IS MY HONEST OPINION
Sequel to Dawnflight, goes from triumph to despair, struggles of the fascinating characters of Arthurian times. Those struggles are exacerbated by the characters’ own flawed choices. Urien is upset that Gyan chose Arthur over him. Gyan and Auther are happy when she gives birth to a son but Urien is planning revenge. With Morgne help he hop
Kim
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Morning's Journey is the sequel to Dawnflight and my favorite of the two!  This series is an epic tale of Arthurian mythology.  What I love most about this series is that the characters are created in new ways.  The cast of characters are those with whom all lovers of Arthurian literature are familiar, but presented in a completely different way.  It is the alternate reality version of mythology!  And it is one that is definitely a bit darker and grittier than most!

I love a book that can push it
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Morning's Journey starts with Gyan waking from a nightmare, the day after she and Arthur married. She is still worried about the part that Urien will play in their future, as she doesn't think that he will accept the lot he has been given. She has reason to worry as Urien is indeed plotting, and using his betrothal to Morghe to quicken events along. There is a lot that goes on during this book between a number of characters.

This is an intricate tale, woven through with love, honour, betrayal, tr
Niki Driscoll
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Mornings Journey is book 2 in Kim Headlee's Dragon Dove Chronicles and another wonderful look at her view of the well known Arthurian Legend. We are once again looking at the lives of Arthur and Gyan and getting a first hand look at what their choices and decisions have wrought. Life is never easy and self doubt and old enemies are still looking to take revenge. This book has lots of action, angst, romance , suspense and some dark sinister undertones. I am still in love with her version of this ...more
Julianne Redmon
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful continuation to Gyan and Arthur's story. I liked the fact that it picked up right where Dawnflight left off. I didn't feel like I had been missing out on anything.

I became much more involved with the characters this book than I did in the first. The duality of Gyan's nature (Wife/Chieftaness, Woman/Warrior, Pagan/Christian) truly comes out in this part of the story. The reader truly gets a glimpse of all that she is fighting for/against as she struggles to support Arthur's tenuous ho
Sara
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 of Kim Inverson Headlee's Arthurian tale continues the series in an outstanding way. The story picks up where book one finished and Headlee continues to give the reader everything they need to become absorbed by the series. This party of Gyan and Arthur's story is filled with more love/romance and action/suspense and I found it to be a little more fast paced than book one. I really enjoy the way in which Ms Headlee crafts and recreates these points in history. I feel like I walk away from ...more
K.R. Thompson
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story of Arthur and Gyan continues in this second installment of The Dragon's Dove Chronicles. I've found this book to be even more intense than the first as the reader learns of the results of Gyan's broken betrothal to Urien and the effect it has not only on both her and Arthur, but also her child and her clan.

Gyan must face the harsh reality of her choices and though she is a fighter and warrior at heart, she must learn the power of forgiveness to become whole.

Once again, Headlee has weav
Niki
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Morning Journey is the second book in the The Dragon's Dove Chronicles a great follow up in my eyes. In this book Guanhumara ans Artyr are married, she is pregnant she is afraid that her child might be in danger for Urien, She can't longer fight much the longer she is pregnant.
Threads also come from the other Kings, You ill love this book it is as good as the other, but you can't read them separate, when you want to read this, first read book one Dawnflight.
I promise you will not regret any of t
Karlee
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Morning's Journey picks up right where Dawnflight left off. When Gyan and Arthur marry, it causes Urien's hatred of them to grow stronger. The couple have to go through many trials during this story. As you know from Dawnflight, Gyan is a very strong warrior as well as a great leader. When she becomes pregnant, it makes it hard for her to fight. With this pregnancy, it brings Urien's threat against them even stronger than before. If you didn't like Urien in Dawnflight, you will dislike him even ...more
Doris
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
*I was provided with a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is book 2 in the series and while it is fast paced, I found that it took me longer to read it. There is so much going on I was afraid I was going to miss something! We have a lot of issues with mis-trust and this always makes for a frustrated reader in me. I find myself screaming in my mind.... WHAT ARE YOU DOING??
Morning's Journey does not disappoint in entertainment. I really enjoyed reading it.
Not for younger read
Danielle Goodwin
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kim Iverson Headlee's "Dawnflight," "Morning's Journey," and "Raging Sea: Part I: Reckonings" are the #1, #2, and #3.1 tales in The Dragon's Dove Chronicles. I love this series! So wondrously detailed. It draws you in right from the beginning. Headlee's writing is always so descriptive. She really paints a picture. I could see this as a TV series. Love the historical references. Everything seems true to time period and well-researched.
Fee Roberts
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-2017
Morning's Journey by Kim Iverson Headlee is the second book in The Dragon's Dove Chronicles. After reading the first book in this series, I was excited to read Morning's Journey. I was a bit disappointed with the ending of this book. There are several situations in this story that weren't resolved. When there are only two books in a series, I feel things should be wrapped up in the second book. Other than that, Kim's writing is extremely good, it has a consistent pace, and the character developm ...more
Kim Headlee
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The long-awaited sequel to Dawnflight, this is the Arthurian Legends as you have never seen it presented before! Morning's Journey seamlessly blends myth and history, fact and fiction, legend and lore to deliver an action- and emotion-packed tale that's sure to please not only fans of the genre but anyone looking for a great read.

If you want to "try before you buy," I recommend The Color of Vengeance, a stand-alone short story excerpted from Morning's Journey that will soon be available as an au
Kim Headlee
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Arthurian Legends as you have never seen it presented before, Morning's Journey seamlessly blends myth and history, fact and fiction, legend and lore to deliver an action- and emotion-packed tale that's sure to please not only fans of the genre but anyone looking for a great read!
Beth
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually just received my copy today, I can't wait to read it. I did briefly flip through and love that there's a glossary in the back and everything.
Pamela
Kim Coomey
Oct 11, 2013
SARIT
Oct 11, 2013
Only two generations removed from Russian nobility, Kim Headlee lives on a farm with her family, pets, fish, livestock & assorted wildlife in the Appalachian Mountains of southwestern Virginia.

The Dragon's Dove Chronicles (2 books)
  • Dawnflight (The Dragon's Dove Chronicles, #1)