Start by marking “Blueprint Homeschooling: How to Plan a Year of Home Education That Fits the Reality of Your Life” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Before you build a house, you need plans. You need a BLUEPRINT. Blueprint Homeschooling is for home educating parents of all philosophies and styles who are looking for a better way to manage their time, energy, and sanity throughout the school year. Do you spend your school days searching for missing ingredients to science experiments? Do you feel like you are constantly ...more
Published November 21st 2014 by Park Day Publishing (first published November 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Blueprint Homeschooling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blueprint Homeschooling

Amy
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A few months after publishing this book, I felt myself reaching that state of pajama-wearing, never-showering despair that I reach every February. At that point, several of my friends told me I should go read my own book. Maybe they were joking, but I did it anyway. I'm glad I did! There were definitely a few points that encouraged me, especially my reminder, "This is a marathon, not a sprint." I went back to my bare minimums, and looked at all the plans I'd laid out for the rest of the year, an ...more
Wendy
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**The author gave me a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Blueprint Homeschooling is a great book on homeschooling. While it's about planning, it's also about so much more than that. By following the process outlined in the book, you will learn a lot about your values, your reasons for homeschooling, what you want to teach your kids, and how to get it all done.

With the help of this book, you'll be able to plan out an entire school year's worth of homeschooling - and it doe
Misty
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for review. This book is very well laid out and practical in approach. It is a good planning tool whether you are a novice or experienced homeschooler!
Jenn
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-won
I won a copy of this book.

This book is really thorough in terms of setting up a home school. If you or someone you know is starting to this about it, I'd really recommend picking up this book. Knepper has a really nicely organization style to help you choose what kind of home school you would like have. She's realistic about how your ideas may differ from how your child learns and give plenty of tips and suggestions on how to make that work.
Christina
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you could only read one homeschooling book, this would be the one! Wonderful for anyone at any stage of homeschooling, excellent for those starting out. Worth its weight in gold.
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
I received a copy of this book free from a GoodReads giveaway for an honest review, thank you for the chance to win, and to read it.

An excellent resource for anyone who is considering or is involved in homeschooling. Practical advice, helpful planning ideas, and great tips, a must read for anyone wanting to get the most out of homeschooling!

I liked this book so much I passed it on to my mom who is homeschooling my brother and sister! She had nothing but praise for it!

Beth
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Required Homeschool Reading

After a year of having school go off the rails more times than I could count, this book is helping me reassess and figure out where we need to go and how we need to get there. I feel like I can successfully organize myself without falling completely apart. Wonderful resource that I know I will come back to every year.
Colleen Vanderlinden
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really helpful book -- just what I needed to read in preparation for another year of homeschooling. This definitely appealed to my love of list-making, and after doing the exercises in the book, I now have the upcoming school year planned with more detail than I have ever managed before. I feel calm and excited about the year ahead. Highly recommended for homeschooling parents!
LaDonna Harris
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I did a quick read through. I can't wait to go back and apply all the steps.
Christina Karvounis
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent and thought-provoking. Not a primer for homeschooling, rather a theoretical and philosophical starting point...great for narrowing a personal focus and growing purpose outward.
Julie Dylingowski
Marie-charlene
Jul 01, 2015
Natasha
Jun 18, 2015
  • The First Year of Homeschooling Your Child: Your Complete Guide to Getting Off to the Right Start
  • 10-Minute Digital Declutter: The Simple Habit to Eliminate Overwhelm from Technology, Social Media, and Online Distractions
  • Homeschool Your Child for Free: More Than 1,200 Smart, Effective, and Practical Resources for Home Education on the Internet and Beyond
  • Home Learning Year by Year: How to Design a Homeschool Curriculum from Preschool Through High School
  • Opium: Reality's Dark Dream
  • The Art and Craft of Tea: An Enthusiast's Guide to Selecting, Brewing, and Serving Exquisite Tea
  • Whole Beast Butchery: The Complete Visual Guide to Beef, Lamb, and Pork
  • Poetic Knowledge: The Recovery of Education
  • You, Your Child, and School: Navigate Your Way to the Best Education
  • Frommer's 500 Places to Take Your Kids Before They Grow Up
  • The Homeschool Experiment: A Novel
  • The New Social Story Book: Over 150 Social Stories that Teach Everyday Social Skills to Children with Autism or Asperger's Syndrome, and Their Peers
  • Unplugged Play: No Batteries. No Plugs. Pure Fun.
  • Tea: Addiction, Exploitation, and Empire
  • The Harvard Classics in a Year: A Liberal Education in 365 Days
  • Vulture: The Private Life of an Unloved Bird
  • A Time For Tea: Travels Through China and India in Search of Tea
  • Odd Bits: How to Cook the Rest of the Animal
Amy Knepper is a lifelong learner who enjoys helping people find fun and free materials for supplementing their studies. She has been homeschooling her two kids for nine years and is looking forward to becoming a children's author when she grows up. She lives in Southern California and is an avid fan of black tea, Korean dramas, and video games.