Start by marking “Simple Gatherings: 50 Ways to Inspire Connection” as Want to Read:
Simple Gatherings: 50 Ways to Inspire Connection

Simple Gatherings: 50 Ways to Inspire Connection

(Inspired Ideas)

With engaging photos, doable tips, and friendly motivation, the author shares how to discover your style - Easy Breezy, Nervous Nester, Perfectionist, or Social Butterfly; create personalized shortcuts, checklists, and sanity-savers. She helps you with hassle-free recipes, housecleaning and decorating tips.
Published October 1st 2017 by Harvest House Publishers (first published July 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Simple Gatherings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simple Gatherings

Start your review of Simple Gatherings: 50 Ways to Inspire Connection
Leah Good
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick read with lots of gorgeous pictures. Kind of feels like flipping through a really nice magazine.

I do think some of the ideas were more (instead of less) complex than your average get-together-for-lunch hospitality, but as long as you don't get hung up in trying to match all the cool ideas, the suggestions are great. I love picking and choosing what appeals to and works for me.

Can't wait to be able to put some of the ideas into practice after our Covid-19 lockdown is over!
Shelley
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Having ordered this on Amazon, I didn't realize that it's more of a fleshed-out magazine than a book. There's nothing especially ground-breaking here in terms of the writing or the content, but it does contain a few creative, easy, and inexpensive ideas for adding touches of homemade beauty to gatherings (e.g., filling mason jars with Epson salt and a votive candle for some sparkling ambiance). It's the kind of book you can read on an extended family vacation while floating around in a pool crow ...more
Prairie Sky Book Reviews
I’ve enjoyed several of bestselling author Melissa Michaels’ books in the past, and also love following her regular posts on social media. She truly has an incredible gift to help us “inspire our homes”. When a new book title from this talented lady was released by Harvest House Publishers entitled “Simple Gatherings: 50 Ways to Inspire Connection”, I was excited to read it and hoped I could come away better able to “create memorable gatherings with simplicity and style”... I wasn’t disappointed ...more
Prairie Sky Book Reviews
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leigh Dusek
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved this book. Probably because I need help with creating a good gathering. It's not my specialty.
This book provided so many different simple ideas for different types of gatherings. It made me aware of extra things I'd never thought to make my guests more welcome and the gathering more special.
And most of all, everything is so easy. It's a great book I can grab and refer to in the future as well. Thanks Melissa for helping me provide a more welcoming home!
Kerry Fountain
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this encouraging and exciting. Melissa's simple steps walk you through the process of hosting a gathering from the most simple to the most elaborate. Her no nonsense approach helps prevent being overwhelmed and her guidance to put your heart into your gathering rather than trying to achieve perfection was inspiring and encouraging. #simplegatherings are possible! ...more
Laura Haske
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lifestyle
I liked the focus on simplicity and meaningful connection when it comes to hospitality, but overall I wasn't very inspired by the book. There were a few party ideas and photos, but it didn't feel like enough to make a whole book. ...more
Trish
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a nice book on entertaining.
Amanda
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some great ideas in a small and handy format. I will definitely be investing in my own copy of this book at some pount, and trying out the various ideas.
Stephanie
Biggest warning: tiny font is tiny. It was a nice book full of good ideas if you could get past that one detail though.
Ashley Aeby
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the book. It has good ideas for gatherings.
Lesley Looper
This book has some good ideas about things to do for gatherings. Some ideas are crafty, others ideas are about ambience and conversations. All in all, some decent tips.

Simonne Braden
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great quick read about little things to make a gathering more hospitable.
Jessica
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love her books! Quick and easy tips and tricks.

I get inspiration from all her lovely pictures too. ❤️
Shannon
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully delightful book filled with tips & encouragement for creating memorable gatherings! Melissa helps you see that it is completely doable. And now I want to throw a party.
Nic
Sep 10, 2019
Caribeth Wilkins
Jul 14, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• When Heaven Weeps (Martyr's Song, #2)
  • Timna
  • The Life Model: Living From The Heart Jesus Gave You, The Essentials Of Christian Living
  • Adorning the Dark: Thoughts on Community, Calling, and the Mystery of Making
  • The 13th Day of Christmas
  • The Mapping of Love and Death (Maisie Dobbs, #7)
  • Elegy for Eddie (Maisie Dobbs, #9)
  • Gift from the Sea
  • Knitlandia: A Knitter Sees the World
  • The Simplest Way to Change the World: Biblical Hospitality as a Way of Life
  • Mr. Churchill's Secretary (Maggie Hope Mystery, #1)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Trigger Point Therapy for Headaches and Migraines: Your Self -Treatment Workbook for Pain Relief
  • Journey to Munich (Maisie Dobbs, #12)
  • Princess Elizabeth's Spy (Maggie Hope Mystery, #2)
  • His Majesty's Hope (Maggie Hope Mystery, #3)
  • The Price of Innocence
  • In This Grave Hour (Maisie Dobbs, #13)

Melissa Michaels is the author of The Inspired Room (theinspiredroom.net), one of the top decorating blogs on the web for the past eight years. The Inspired Room reaches over 600,000 readers each month and was voted Better Homes and Gardens Readers' Favorite Decorating blog in 2014.

Melissa (along with her home