Start by marking “Too Hot to Handle (The Boys of Summer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Too Hot to Handle (The Boys of Summer, #2)

Too Hot to Handle

(The Boys of Summer #2)

Katie Rose’s Boys of Summer series returns for a delicious double-header—with the story of total opposites who are drawn to each other like moths to a flame.

Nikki Case is no fan of baseball. Her ex gambled away a fortune on the sport, and now her PR firm has tasked her with cleaning up the league’s most notorious bad boys. The New Jersey Sonics are known for wild womani
Published January 27th 2015 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Too Hot to Handle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Hot to Handle

Beverly

Jake Baldwin is the star of the Sonics. As good as he is on the field he is known just as well for being bad off the field.

“Jake Baldwin had a reputation as big as his ego.”

For that matter the whole team is in need of a makeover so they bring in Nikki Case. Nikki is straight laced type A personality. She isn’t impressed with the antics of the team and position they have put the owner in, so when she shows up for the PR job she doesn’t hold back. Needless to say she doesn’t make any new friend
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

3.5 Stars!

I had a great time reading this book. I love baseball and any book that features baseball players immediately appeals to me. This was a nice light romance with very likable characters. This is the second book in the Boys of Summer series but it reads just fine as a stand alone novel. I haven't read the previous book in the series and didn't feel like I was missing anything in this story.

This story focuses on Nikki and Jake. Nikki is
Wendy'sThoughts
3 Can Baseball Be Tamed Stars * * *

Well, it is World Series time so what better read than one about the New Jersey Sonics and their chances to get to the "Big Show".... these are the bad, rough and crass boys of the league and they need to clean up their act before the new season.

It seems they are the "Rodney Dangerfield" of Baseball... "they just can't get no respect". The management decide to bring in Nikki Cross, an up and coming PR star. They want her to clean up the image of the team and a
Lyndy Ann ♫
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports, arc-netgalley
This was my first baseball team novel and it was a hit.

Jake Baldwin plays baseball for the New Jersey Sonics the team everyone love's to hate they have a reputation for being the bad boys of the sport, the women, the drinking and the fights and Jake is no exception he even has his own pick of Baldwin's Beauties bikini clad women with no shame to choose from.

Nikki Case is a PR brought in to clean up the Sonics image and reputation the team do not like this or Nikki, so begins all the practical jo
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
3.5 sweet star

I enjoyed this book a lot!

I woke up on Sunday morning not wanting to get up. I wanted to stay warm in my bed with my kindle and guess what... That's exactly what I did!

description

It was my first time reading this author and I'm glad I did. Her book is sweet, with not too much drama, with a drop dead gorgeous hero and a girl who know what she is doing even if sometimes she is a little unsure of herself.

What's this book all about?

Meet Jake Baldwin, Sonics baseball player, pretty face, success
Izy
Rating~ 3 stars

Nikki Chase is the new PR for the baseball team of New Jersey. Nikki doesn’t know much about baseball (like me but the reason for me baseball isn’t a big thing in the UK) but since she considered the best in field. She is given the job of cleaning up the image of the team. Nikki is a serious person but she is very passionate about her job.

Jake Baldwin is the team’s star as well a playboy. He’s the fun guy, who hides a good heart beneath his lover boy/carefree persona. Jake take
Claire Robinson
3 - "Nothing and everything." Stars!

I would be the first to admit that I wasn’t that impressed with the first book in Katie Rose’s The Boys of Summer Series, but although the story between Chase and Darcy didn’t really work for me, there was no question as to the quality of the writing. So to say it was with trepidation that I started Too Hot to Handle would be a massive understatement!

Katie got it right this time, and I really enjoyed reading Nikki and Jake’s story. I won’t lie and say it was a
Dee Montoya
***3.5 Too Predictable Stars***

(Arc kindly provided by Netgalley)

photo 43b39a34-c2f4-4b52-ab57-052561144928_zps801651de.jpg

This book goes to prove that a good story needs a lot more than a hot and sweaty hero to charm readers, and unfortunately for me, this book fizzled when it could have been much better.

Nikki Case is a PR agent who has been given the task to clean up the image of the rowdy and wild baseball team, The New Jersey Sonics. She doesn't even like Baseball, but her career is very important to her and she will stop at nothing to achieve tra
Jen
DNF at 40%

I love me a good sports themed, manwhore turned one woman man kinda story. Unfortunately I’m finding the decent ones to be few and far between as of late. This had all of the potential to rock my socks. Hot as hell player, both on and off the field, uptight PR exec making her way and a bet that could cause all kinds of drama when the truth’s finally revealed. Even though this trope has been used to death and back, I still fall for it. It’s like comfort food for my over abused brain and
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
2.5*

It's a decent sports romance read. The womanizing baseball-playing H who's finally met a worthy woman to turn his ways around. And the once bitten-twice shy PR h who's met a man who she felt she shouldn't be attracted to but she was anyways and fell hard for to boot. It all started with a bet which turned to something else really fast.

You get a bit of picture of what goes on past the dugout. I thought it was realistic when it touched on a bit issues that these pro players face when it comes
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

I read the fist one and really didn't like Chase, so I kinda forgot I had an ARC of this one until I got the third book.

Much better than the first. Jake was wonderful. He was ssssoooo sweet and sexy. Nikki was pretty great too, putting up with all the pranks. I kept waiting on her to pull one on them.

Chase redeemed himself in this book. I like him now. And we only get one line about Gavin as preview for the next book. Guess what I'm going to read.
Mandy
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars for this baseball romance! I enjoyed this story. Nikki is hired as a PR rep by the Sonics organization. They need to rehab their image and Nikki is a no-nonsense type of person who is perfect for the job. Jake, the shortstop for the team, has never had a problem getting women and when his teammates bet him that he can't get Nikki to fall in love with him, he takes that bet. He's never had a girl turn him down before and he thinks Nikki won't be any different. I really liked this story ...more
Lisa
Oct 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dec, 2014
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

This is a charming, easy afternoon read. Took a bit to invest in Jake and Nikki's relationship but once it kicked in their chemistry was hot for sure. While the usual misunderstanding happened as with most CR's it was resolved a bit too quickly in the end I was happy with their HEA.
Ivy Deluca
Nikki Case, PR whiz, joins the New Jersey Sonics in their quest to change their reputations as the Garden State Goons. Jake Baldwin, player in every sense of the word, makes a bet that he can get Nikki to fall for him. And then, romance.

The Good, The Bad and Everything In Between

-The sports is strong in this one: the schedule, the training, the road trips, it all felt authentic-ish.

-Jake’s secondary story more compelling: Jake helping a little boy named Joaquin had more genuine moments than the
Dali
Oct 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 All American Stars

It’s sexy, sweet, swoony and even corny at times and it all revolves around the American National past time with Too Hot to Handle ball players.
“I had to make you my own. I wanted the world to know you were my girl.”

Jake Baldwin is the handsome and cocky shortstop of the New Jersey Sonics. He works hard and cares about his team, “but he just doesn’t take himself or life too seriously.” He’s a good player, on and off the fields.

Nikki Case is a successful PR master, who d
Beth
Too Hot to Handle is a fun, light, entertaining romance.

Jake Baldwin is the shortstop for The New Jersey Sonics and known for his rep with the ladies.

Nikki Case is a professional PR agent trying to repair the tattered image of The New Jersey Sonics while overcoming her divorce.

When the uptight PR agent meets the baseball bad boy, sparks fly.

This was an easy entertaining read that had a hotty hunk with a heart and a beautiful woman inside and out willing to pull out all the stops to help their te
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Too Hot to Handle is the second novel in The Boys of Summer series by Katie Rose. I picked up this little gem of a book to read while prepping to read an ARC of the newest novel in this series. Too Hot to Handle can be read as a stand alone, and it does have an HEA. It is told from both dual, third person point-of-view through the main characters.

There honestly isn't anything I can say that I disliked about this book. The writing is fantastic, as is the plot. I enjoyed the dynamic between not on
Kristine
Dec 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced readers copy from Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! The expected publication date is January 27, 2015.

Too Hot to Handle is a typical story of opposites attract. Nikki is a no nonsense business woman who is essentially sent to clean up and Jake is the fun-loving and womanizing heart of the baseball team. There is instant chemistry when the two meet and the battle to pu
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is the second book in The Boys of Summer series but can be read as a standalone.

Nikki Case is brought in as a PR to sort out The New Jersey Sonics baseball team. The team have a bad reputation and it needs to be sorted. Nikki gets straight to the point and says what she thinks. Jake, one of the team members, also has a bad reputation. The chemistry between these two is hot. I love the banter between these characters. I love how strong Nikki is. She gives as much as she gets.

If you like sp
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Too Hot to Handle from Loveswept via Netgalley in exchange of an honest and unbiased review*

Too Hot to Handle was a great read, especially because Nikki got pranked just as much as the players did, and Jake just couldn't stay away from her.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Alyssia
ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. You can read this review and others on my blog here

If you have read my review of the first book in the Boys of Summer series, Bring on the Heat, I am glad you are here to continue to series along with me. If you are not here because of my review of the first book you can click here, check it out and meet up back her for its sizzling sequel review.

Too Hot to Handle is the perfect title for this steamy storyline, especially the main male charac
Shirley Frances
Much better!!!

In my review of Bring on the Heat, I mentioned that I was looking forward to reading more about The Boys of Summer. And I'm glad I did! This story was fun, sexy and romantic with a bit of emotions thrown into the mix to round it all up!

Nikki Case has just been assigned with the task to clean up the image of the New Jersey Sonics, a tough task to accomplish but one she's determined to complete. What she was not expecting was to find herself intensely attracted to Jake Baldwin. She'
Kari
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Straight-up, I'm a HUGE fan of baseball. Like, when I got married, I had a specially-made garter set that featured my baseball team (complete with a sterling silver baseball charm. No joke). So every time I see a baseball themed romance book, I'm like, "heck yes, I'm IN."

Book topic not withstanding, this book drew me in right away. I was super excited to read it, to the point that when my toddler woke me up at 3am, I was like, "eh, maybe I'll just read a chapter or two or ten of this story. It's
Crazychriss889
Good one.

Enjoyed the writing style.
Enjoyed the plot.

Also liked the characters. Well, at least kinda...
What was the problem here?
Well, first, I just cannot believe that our heroine is actually successful. Cause her tactics? They are just way off chart.
Ahm, she tells a bunch of baseball players to freaking hide their tattoos!!! Hide them. So that families would come to their matches. Ahm... OmG. What year are we talking about here??
Also, the whole, guys, you have to dress differently, order... Ahm
LJT
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too Hot To Handle by Katie Rose is the second book in her series entitled The Boys of Summer. Each book focuses upon one of the players from the New Jersey Sonics, a professional baseball team that is a little rough around the edges. The two main characters of this story are Nikki Case, a public relations guru and Jake Baldwin, the shortstop for the Sonics. Most recently the Sonics have gotten some bad press, due to their poor behavior both on and off the field. So Nikki has been brought in by u ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Taking on a job to clean up a bad rep for one person is hard but to take on the cleaning up of a team of bad reps? Yeah she had her hands full! Nikki Chase took on the on the job of cleaning up the New Jersey Sonic's image. Knowing that ask at hand would not be received well she took on a hard nose approach which just made things harder for her.
Jake the teams playboy and heart was challenged to make to make the hard nosed PR fall for him. Yeah bait taken, plans made Jake was full steam ahead.
SO
Heather andrews
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jake can only handle his woman's actions for so long, "but when her hand moved lower, he grabbed her wrist, effectively stopping her. "Don't," he breathed, even as he kicked off his briefs. "I won't be able to control myself." I mean he knows he's good looking but that doesn't stop him from teasing Nikki, "like what you see?" The sheets were wrapped around his waist, covering the lower half of their bodies. But he rose, propped up on an elbow, and began exploring her naked breasts." He's also on ...more
Anima
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-romance
Another homerun love story for a Sonic team member. Jake, the playboy short stop, is the guy every guy loves to admire and women want to bed. He's loose but he holds the team together. Enter Nikki, tough as nails PR rep, brought on to bring these rough bullies into a better light. Instant sizzle brings the serial dater with the uptight rep. It's a fun love story with the usual issues and LOTS of baseball. You have to love the sport and the commentary Rose gives during the story. The team reminds ...more
Ellen Anderson
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
I adored this book! I don't know what it is about hot sports stars but I love reading books about them, even if I'm not really that interested in the sport. This story starts with a PR agent hired to try to clean up the reputation of a bad boy baseball team. Nikki soon finds herself the object of interest of playing shortstop Jake. A fun read that flows smoothly from start to finish. My friends and fellow readers will enjoy this romance, I would definitely recommend.
**This ARC was provided by Ne
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
* * ARC given on behalf of Netgalley for an honest review * *
Nikki is taking on the biggest assignment yet, cleaning up the New Jersey Sonic ball team. Jake the teams bad boy has plans to make the PR Nikki fall for him. Nikki has it set she's not falling for Jakes smile. well that's easier said than done, but when these two get along they are a strong team and exactly what the Sonics need. I loved this story it was funny, sexy, real.
***Review given on behalf of obsessed by books **
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Ace (Men of the Show #2)
  • Playing Hard (New York Saints, #4)
  • Maybe This Love (Colorado Ice, #2)
  • Tangled Thing Called Love (Life and Love on the Lam, #3)
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
  • Playing The Field (Diamonds and Dugouts, #2)
  • Want It (Rule Breakers, #3)
  • Payoff Pitch (Philadelphia Patriots, #5)
  • Below the Belt (Worth the Fight, #3)
  • Catch Your Breath (The O'Learys, #4)
  • Loving Him Off the Field (Santa Fe Bobcats, #2)
  • Sweet Spot (Richmond Rogues, #5)
  • Light the Lamp (Portland Storm, #3)
  • Bottom of the Ninth: Seattle Skookums Baseball (Game On in Seattle #6)
  • Going Deep (Mustangs Baseball, #2)
  • Roman Holiday: The Complete Adventure (Roman Holiday, #1-10)
  • Second Thoughts (The Diamond Brides, #4)
  • Play by Play (Play Makers Shorts, #1)
Award-winning historical author Katie Rose makes her contemporary debut with the Boys of Summer novels, Bring on the Heat and Too Hot to Handle, which combine Katie’s true loves: baseball and romance! When not watching baseball, Katie is at her lake house in New Jersey, hard at work on her next book.

**She is the bestselling author of twelve historical romance novels published under the names Coll

The Boys of Summer (4 books)
  • Bring on the Heat (The Boys of Summer, #1)
  • The Heat of the Moment (The Boys of Summer, #3)
  • The Heat Is On (The Boys of Summer, #4)
“I’m not some piece of ass that you can just use for the night,” Jake said, surprised at his own outrage. “You’ve got to be kidding.” 1 likes