Start by marking “101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged” as Want to Read:
101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged

101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  466 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
The Perfect Remedy for Cold Feet!

More than half of all couples who become engaged this year will never make it to the altar. Why? Leading experts believe it's because couples fail to really get to know their potential mate before getting engaged. Relationship expert and noted couples counselor Norm Wright steers potential brides and grooms through a series of soul-searchin
Published June 1st 2004 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged

Melody
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic.
When my husband was courting me (yes I use the word court, because marriage was our goal from the day we met each other and we weren't able to date in the 'normal' sense) we went over this book of 101 questions to ask each other. Covering topics like

- How we were raised, our family dynamics, our expectations of family and marriage
- Former dating/marital/sexual relationships if there were any
- Our view of the church, Jesus, denomination, doctrine, other religions etc
- Expec
Nicole G.
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I am nowhere near engaged at this point in my life. I'm not even dating anyone! However, I was curious to see what sort of questions were included in this book. And there are some good ones, very thought-provoking - some of which, I'm embarrassed to say, I never thought to ask in my previous relationships.

The book is written from a Christian point of view, so bear in mind that there will be some religious questions. However, not as many as I thought.
Allison Anderson Armstrong
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-started
Didn't entirely get through all the questions in this, but we did what we could before the big day...maybe I'll keep going with it, but I just want it off my currently reading list, lol! I'd definitely recommend this book with all its questions to anyone engaged. Brings up good stuff.
Zuzana
Feb 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any Christian dating couple
Recommended to Zuzana by: Heather
A very good list of conversation starters for dating couples. For eHarmony people a number of these will have been covered before you even meet the person (and that's a good thing), but it's always good to think about important issues up front.
Grace Masters
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm on the fence with this book. It seems to have more of a warning, negative undertone. However, I think a lot of the questions are great in delving deeper not only into the relationship, but ones self. Some questions had me questioning how I truly felt and what I thought about these topics. I do plan on using this with my S.O. as a way to dig a little deeper as the Disney song goes. But being I know this isn't his type of style book, I will just be sticking to the questions.
Olivia Scott
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Powerful. Recommend for all daters and people who are engaged to read.
Nathan
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Hastiness, especially regarding love, is rarely wise. And this book helps you to slow down. Lots of good questions - most will help you to grow deeper in connection with one another. Others will reveal a hidden, unknown aspect of the other. Guaranteed to help communication and reflection. Recommended.
Jackie
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book is super Jesusy weezusy and many questions are redundant
Jonathan Halbur
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved the discussion this book brought my girlfriend and I confirmed we were headed the right direction!
David
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My wife and I read through this book as part of our pre-engagement counseling. This has to be one of the most challenging books to go through with a potential spouse because it really requires participation on both people to make this a beneficial process. The book is set up with a question (or group of questions) at the top fo the page with much blank space. At the bottom of the page is a summary to read after you have both discussed the question.

She and I wrote our answers to our questions on
  • The Most Important Year in a Woman's Life/The Most Important Year in a Man's Life: What Every Bride Needs to Know / What Every Groom Needs to Know
  • Love, Sex, and Lasting Relationships
  • 10 Commandments of Dating
  • Preparing for Marriage
  • Devotions for Dating Couples: Building a Foundation for Spiritual Intimacy
  • How to Get a Date Worth Keeping
  • Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts: Seven Questions to Ask Before (and After) You Marry
  • Fit to Be Tied: Making Marriage Last a Lifetime
  • For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women
  • The Untold Story of the New Testament Church: An Extraordinary Guide to Understanding the New Testament
  • The Mystery of Marriage: Meditations on the Miracle
  • What Women Don't Know (and Men Don't Tell You): The Unspoken Rules of Finding Lasting Love
  • The New Rules of Marriage: What You Need to Know to Make Love Work
  • Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage: America's Love Lab Experts Share Their Strategies for Strengthening Your Relationship
  • Sacred Marriage Participant's Guide: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy?
  • Healthy Congregations: A Systems Approach