Start by marking “Nana, Vol. 11 (Nana, #11)” as Want to Read:
Nana, Vol. 11 (Nana, #11)

Nana, Vol. 11

(Nana #11)

• An ongoing manga series—over 17 volumes with over 38.3 million copies sold to date in Japan
• Every volume has reached the TOP 10 in Japan’s best-seller list.
• Inspired an anime series, live action movies, music CD, and PS2 game
• VIZ Media has the rights for the Nana anime series.
• VIZ Pictures is releasing Nana movie 1 & 2.
• A top-ten title in Japan and winner of a
Published July 1st 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 11th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Nana, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nana, Vol. 11

Alexa
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Still so many feelings, and so many things I want to happen for certain characters in this story. Why can't everyone just be happy already? *cries* Oh wait. Real life isn't always sunshine and rainbows and joy.
Sara
It's been ages since I've read volume 10. I've forgotten so much, but a lot of it came back to me. At times this one was confusing but it was also pretty good. This is so complicated, I've forgotten exactly why Hachi/Nana is acting so oddly when she is just about to see the group.

The dorm thing is weird. The whole music scene and why anyone cares about the relationship between Trapnest and Blast has always had me puzzled.

Still, I like the characters. They're my friends.
Summer
Hey! In all my talking about Nana, I forgot that I actually read this volume!

And to be honest, I briefly considered giving up the series after this one. For some reason, Yazawa abandoned the unique storyline and characters she'd been developing up until this point in favor for Stock Shoujo Contrived Plot Points, and the whole narrative really lost steam. Two very uninteresting new characters are introduced: single women! In a building with two single, heartbroken men! What a coincidence! Also, O
DonutKnow
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
One Line Review

I really just want everyone to be happy and for Ren to stop the drugs and choking.
Jenny Clark
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shojo-beat-manga
I still love this series, but it's starting to get a little messy with all the plot lines. Like Misato... the heck is she???? And niw she's disapeared. Also it's obvious that Osaki is narating but what happened??? Still sfraud to finish it because I know it's unfinished and no one knows when it will be...

So... Takumi.... He's changeing a bit I guess. I adore Shin! He acts so sweet and innocent and then *snap* he aint so much haha. Looking forward to the next one!
Trane
Oct 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mangaphiles, people who love Shojo manga, Nana fans
Shelves: manga-and-comics
Gigi
nothing exciting going on in this volume unfortunelty. But then again, mangas' that always have massive developments in plots are so cliché and fake so I guess it's a good thing. One thing I really love about the way Ai Yazawa writes Nana, is the use of metaphors; she does it so well and so sweetly too! There's quite a lot on average in a single volume so it can be kind of overwhelming but hey, it's good that a mangaka is incorporating a literary technique into their writing. Although I must say ...more
Emma
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Both Nana's are so complex. I'm so unsure of so many characters intentions... Nana, Hachi, Shoji, Ren, Takumi...

"Hey, Hachi... They say people realize the value of something only after they lose it, but I think it's when you face it once more that you truly recognize it. If I could see everyone now, I'd depend on them again for sure. I'm scared of that. That's why I can't move from this spot." -Nana
Aleina
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wishlist
Yay!!! Dark and depressing opened up for this silver ray of light. Fingers crossed!! I hopes the manga is better than the anime!!!
Rachel
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not much happens in this one...still good though! I hate Takumi.
Ariana
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This manga is AMAZING I'm loving the drama and Nana O is killing it ;)
Paige
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay so this part wasn't on the anime and I'm now super invested, because it's all new information to me. And ugh that cliffhanger. Such a good set up and I'm 1000% here for it. This one was really good. I loved the stuff between Nana and Ren. I loved seeing how Hachi is coping with this and especially her run in with Shoji. I feel like I've been waiting for Shoji to come clean about how much of a jerk he was and I'm glad to get that closure on their relationship. Anyways on to the next one, I'm ...more
Abeer Albossany
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
we find out what is the health condition Nana is suffering from, and we are introduced to a new character named Meiyu, in this volume. The Yasu x Nana is becoming more and more real just at the same time we know about Ren struggling with his addiction. He finally propose to her at the middle of the volume too and we finish the volume with the hope that the two Nanas will meet again.
Evelyn
For the sake of sanity, I'm going to call Nana Komatsu 'Little Nana' and Nana Osaki 'Big Nana'.

I like this volume a lot more since most of the relationship drama has calmed down a bit. Little Nana is gonna marry Takumi. Big Nana and the rest of the band are working on becoming super stars. Ren is the only one having issues. But that could easily be fixed.

Still, normally this type of story isn’t my thing, whether you view it as shojo drama or as punk rock style.

This series is on hiatus at 21 vo
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Nana Komatsu is a 20 year old with a penchant for falling in love at first sight. After a year at art school, her best friend and her boyfriend move to Tokyo, so Nana decides to save up her money and follow them after a year.

Nana Osaki is a punk singer in the band Blast with her boyfriend Ren. When Ren gets an offer to join an up-and-coming band in Tokyo, he leaves Blast and Nina behind. A year later, Nina heads to Tokyo as well.

The two women meet by chance on the tr
mathilda_craft
Jul 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ai Yazawa fans and girls who love good mature shojo
Theme of Novel 11: Relationship doubts.

Ever since Nana and Ren's relationship has been discovered by the Papparazi and Blast has been blown to the front page, all the members of the band have had to get out Tokyo and enter into a dorm run by Gaia Records. Relationship complications come with the package it seems. Nana has to deal with Ren falling apart and has doubts with them being able to be together. Is Yasu really just a big brother to her? Nobu is still broken over Hachi but seems to grab n
Mel
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
So much toying with my emotions! I was reading faster and faster to the end, hoping (view spoiler) but it just slipped through my fingers... ugghhh so I of course had to immediately pick up the next book.

Takumi was straightening up a bit... but nope! I'm sure this will be a constant back and forth of him being "sweet" and then making Hachi cry... :( Possible light at the end of the tunnel though? Did she seem to be cons
Jenten0018
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In the anime I just figured Nana and Ren were destined for each other, but reading the manga has helped me out on that. In the manga it hints that maybe there was some longing there on Nana's part and not just Yasu's.

Haichi may be secure with Takumi, but they won't be happy. I want to feel bad for her, but she knew he would cheat on her. I hope that one day she and Nobu can be together again.

Shoji kind of annoys me now. He says that Nana didn't want him, but he still cheated. Honestly their whol
Marceline Smith
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
his is my second favourite Japanese manga and is going on forever. This is the first edition that’s come out in print before I’ve seen everything happen in the anime so it was quite exciting for me to not know what was happening. It’s all about two girls called NANA and two rival bands, the members of which are all connected. Ai Yazawa’s other translated manga Paradise Kiss is even awesomer, and only 5 books long, so you could try that first!
Caroline
Mar 21, 2009 rated it liked it
This book was kind of just filler space in the series, setting up things for Nana and Hachi and their romantic relationships. Not much new happened, and nothing noteworthy so if you want to read the entire series then it doesn't matter if you read this one. It's still good and wonderfully drawn, though.
Stephanie
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
great series can't stop reading
Laurianne Uy
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lauren
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This was a fabulous manga series. The characters were really in-depth and the plot was superbly entertaining. I love the two Nana's and how their stories intermix.
R
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Still in love with these characters and don't know what is going to happen! So many things up in the air!!
Ann
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
It doesn't matter that I watched the anime and knows how this all plays out. This manga series still makes me wish for a happy ending.
Oyceter
Sep 13, 2007 rated it really liked it
L
Feb 14, 2015 added it
Shelves: read-2015, manga
I ship Nana and Nobu so hard.
Camille R.
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Still hate Takumi. When he forced his way into Hachi's life and broke her relationship with Nobu and Nana.
Katie

• Mars, Vol. 10
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 2
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 13: Ten'nyo
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 17
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie

Nana (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Nana, Vol. 1 (Nana, #1)
  • Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2)
  • Nana, Vol. 3 (Nana, #3)
  • Nana, Vol. 4 (Nana, #4)
  • Nana, Vol. 5 (Nana, #5)
  • Nana, Vol. 6 (Nana, #6)
  • Nana, Vol. 7 (Nana, #7)
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
  • Nana, Vol. 9 (Nana, #9)
  • Nana, Vol. 10 (Nana, #10)