Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Caregiver's Soul: Stories to Inspire Caregivers in the Home, the Community and the World (Chicken Soup for the Soul)” as Want to Read:

A dose of inspiration for caregiving professionals and the millions of souls who help care for family and friends

Over 54 million people in America help care for ailing or recovering family members and friends and millions more give of themselves to others through day care, eldercare, emergency and community service.

While rewarding, care giving requires tremendous emoti

Published July 13th 2004 by HCI

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Caregiver's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Caregiver's Soul

Start your review of Chicken Soup for the Caregiver's Soul: Stories to Inspire Caregivers in the Home, the Community and the World (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
Lydia
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it
This book made me laugh and cry in my heart. This is a treat for anyone who has empathy. I’ve never been a caregiver but I’ve seen other people do it. My Mom has been my caregiver because of my chronic illness. I appreciate her so very much. Now I didn’t agree with all the theology in this book but I still loved it.
Kristen
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book twice now. Thought it was more memorable to me because I now work with children in a care care setting, work with youths that have cognitive/physical disabilities, and I also write about a person who is a caregiver to another person. I really love the very last story titled "What God Would Say to Caregivers". Very touching!
Ray Rodgers
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
I did not finish this. I've been a caregiver for my wife with AD for 10 years and just didn't find anything new and it only added to my depression.
Sue
May 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
These books are just wondrful books to keep by your bed. I am reading this book prior to giving it to a special friend who selflessly cares for a dev disabled aunt, and brother while trying to work. Lots of brothers and sisters who never help. This book, like all of them, makes you laugh, and honors those special folks who care for others. I love the story about a man in a supposed coma because he never talked or open his eyes. One day the nurses were saying how wonderful it was that his wife ca ...more
Cws
Sep 11, 2009 added it
158.12Can
Anna
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Many wonderful stories of compassion, helping others and love. A good book for any caregiver. The stories will make you cry, smile and touch your heart.
Jo-anne Vienneau
Nov 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Somewhat inspirational. Felt it was too often the same story just different people.
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
eh, I suppose I'm just not into Chicken Soup books much anymore. I found other things more interesting than these stories at this time. The links provided are informative.
Karen Cadle
Jan 30, 2018
Nancy
Dec 11, 2011
Stacey Marks
rated it did not like it
May 30, 2007
kasey chaney
Feb 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Worship: The Reason We Were Created-Collected Insights from A. W. Tozer
  • The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5)
  • The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3)
  • The Yellow Wall-Paper
  • The Sign of the Beaver
  • Gods and Kings (Chronicles of the Kings, #1)
  • Gold Rush Girl
  • The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #8)
  • The Carnivorous Carnival (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #9)
  • The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #4)
  • Jesus: The Life and Ministry of God the Son--Collected Insights from A. W. Tozer
  • The Root of the Righteous
  • Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast
  • The Grim Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #11)
  • The Penultimate Peril (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #12)
  • The Slippery Slope (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #10)
  • Of God and Men