Start by marking “Honorable Disgrace” as Want to Read:
Honorable Disgrace

Honorable Disgrace

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  28 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Angie Adams joins the powerlifting team her junior year, but
she has more in mind than just toning up—like getting closer to her crush,football star Cory Jacob, who, as luck would have it, is assigned as her spotting partner. When Angie’s feelings are unexpectedly returned, her life is suddenly filled with the giddy electricity of first love. But why, then, does Angie get a
Paperback, First Edition
Published February 2nd 2015 by Creative Prose Publishing (first published January 16th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Honorable Disgrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honorable Disgrace

really liked it 4.00  ·

Melinda
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Angie crawls into your heart claiming well earned space. A beautiful sweet innocent girl whose life irrevocably altered forever at the hands of a rapist. Betrayed and brutalized, we feel Angie’s pain as she deals with her attack and its aftermath. Her emotions raw, devoid as she pieces her life together. Family, friend, boyfriend surround her with love and support as Angie’s strength, hope and faith slowly aid in mending this worthy soul.

Pitman’s assured writing broaches the difficult subject of
Rubianna Masa
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Honorable Disgrace is a heart-wrenching, emotional roller coaster about the worst thing that can happen to a woman. The author draws on her own experience as a survivor of rape. The topic is difficult, but the author portrayed it in a such a way that I would feel comfortable recommending this to any of my young adult students. Although the genre is YA, this book will touch the hearts of teens and adults alike. The gripping story is well-written, and the characters walk off the pages.

The main cha
Sherry Gammon
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Honorable Disgrace is a enlightening story of rape and survival. Angie is strong, fearless. I really enjoyed this character. I connected with her instantly. The writing is crisp and engaging. Sadly, Ms. Pitman drew upon her own experience of rape for this story. Because of this, we get real insight to how the victim suffers emotionally. It is touching and heartbreaking. It is also encouraging as we see Angie pick herself up and move forward, a truly unstoppable force.
I recommend this novel for
Gabbi
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy via the Goodreads First Reads program.

The story took me back to high school, where life's biggest problems are boys, BFFs and frenemies.
The first half of the book explores Angie's life as a regular teenage girl. At points it was a bit slow, but only because I knew what was going to happen to disrupt her life.
The second half of the book explores how "life can [be] unraveled in one brutal instant." We see how she is treated and how she treats others. It is emotional and definite
Emily Johnsen
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rape is a difficult thing to talk about let alone write about. Stephanie Pitman's "Honorable Disgrace" takes it on with raw honesty and courage. Through Angie, readers experience a young girl’s first taste of love and the unpredictable fluctuations of a budding sexual awareness. Angie’s voice is youthfully naïve but intelligent, strong and yet vulnerable. After Angie is attacked, readers feel her anguish, pain, and even fleeting moments of hopefulness as she struggles to rebuild her life, and se ...more
Zoe
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book was heartbreaking at times and uplifting in others. The characters in this book were so genuine and real you cant help but get sucked into the story. This story told the authors personal experiences and i would hope anyone who found themselves in a similar situation had friends like Angie did. It was a brilliant story read in one sitting that had me in tears.
Yahny
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book had me glued to the spot!!! I absolutely loved it , Angie just had her way of finding her way into your soul , she had me at power lifting!
It really describes one of the ongoing social issues in the world to date and brings so much emotional distress as well as power to the victims and their attackers. I seriously wanted to crawl in the book and beat up Brad myself, as well as her sister!

Lorraine is just the definition of a deadbeat, it's like she had no common sense or a brain! I was
Brooke
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I read this with my kindle unlimited subscription and it was pretty well written compared to the others that are offered. This book flowed well and the voice for the characters age was appropriate.
Sherri Wong
Jul 05, 2015
kk
Feb 25, 2015
Stephanie Pitman
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sara Seidlitz
Sara
Seanna Yeager
Amanda
Book Lovers Book ...: Shameless Plug - Book Giveaway 2 16 Mar 28, 2017 03:39PM
Free Books, .99, ...: Honorable Disgrace giveaway - signed copies 3 14 May 06, 2015 09:19AM
  • Dirty Nights, The Novel
  • 99 to Nowhere
  • Pretty When She Cries
  • Forever Yours
  • Mindfu*k
  • Oaken (The Underground #1)
  • Clouds That Were
  • Tainted Love (Tainted Love, #1)
  • The Sound of Shooting Stars
  • Jane Unwrapped
  • Parasight (Red Order, #2)
  • Secrets and Scars (Fatal Hearts, #3)
  • Radiant
  • Hear Me Now (Count on Me, #2)
  • Strike at Midnight
  • Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #3)
  • No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)
  • Havoc
Stephanie N. Pitman is a writer of fiction and nonfiction. Her first novel, a YA Contemporary, Honorable Disgrace, is based on her own story of overcoming the ugly side of life, betrayal and rape. She is a graduate of the Institute of Children's Literature and an active member of the SCBWI. She has taught preschool for over 12 years and is a motivated entrepreneur, currently operating two successf ...more