Start by marking “Green Giants: How Smart Companies Turn Sustainability into Billion-Dollar Businesses” as Want to Read:

What do Brazil's top beauty brand, America's second-fastest-growing restaurant chain, and the world's third bestselling car have in common? They are shattering the myth that acting sustainably and building a billion-dollar business are mutually exclusive.

Green Giants examines nine companies that are merging social responsibility with wild profitability--and reveals the six

Published August 19th 2015 by AMACOM (first published August 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Green Giants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Giants

Start your review of Green Giants: How Smart Companies Turn Sustainability into Billion-Dollar Businesses
Rebecca
May 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Still relevant concepts and stories, a recommended read however the audio version quality was so-so, electronic sounding voice with (from time to time) spliced in words that were not cleanly inserted.
Aileen Adler
May 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Action adventure as good as the big box office smashes.
%v_txtarray[1]% Ratings
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading the drama involved.
Darren
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Going green can be profitable - good for your bottom line and not too bad for the environment and society at the same time.

This interesting, compact book takes a look at nine top companies that are managing to ace social responsibility and green issues whilst romping home with profitability. Green can be good - or at least not something that will cost your company money by being a burden - is a take-away message here. A little bit of industry disruption, wrapped around green change, for good me
Rob Saunders
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A title using "smart companies" and "sustainability" seemed a potential dubious trap to me and I certainly was ready for the other right wing-tipped shoe to drop. But I garnered no hidden agenda any greater than accepting the author and I might differ on the word sustainability. My thinking about sustainability is more survivalist, more dire, less capitalist and profiteering.

Several takeaways of this very easy-to-read book include the quotations of several others, including:

"What's the busines
Diana
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting and informative read. Some good lessons and convincing arguments on sustainability for business leaders. There were a surprisingly high number of typos, which made me cranky, but overall a book worth reading if you have any interest in the sustainability movement or business.
Bev
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Green Giants tells nine stories of companies and their leaders and their passion for sustainability. Written in a style that is entertaining, the book is laden with facts and anecdotes, all contributing to the overall message: transforming your business on the basis of sustainability factors is risky, takes courage and conviction, but ultimately pays off.

The book examines these nine case histories from many different angles and through multi-colored lenses. In the business world, where there are
Pieter Van der walt
The BUSINESS book on Sustainability - great examples of real world businesses - both established and upcoming. Practical view on sustainability concepts, and not a rambling on about climate change alone.

Note - In the audio version though the narrator was not good, and does no justice to the content of the book.
Ray
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Green Giants examines several companies, and their CSR, efforts in detail. It gives a good understanding of the struggles companies can go through when trying to become more sustainable and how they can overcome those struggles.
Holly
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an insightful, clear book packed with sound ideas. It gave me some ground in understanding how technology plays a role in building a sustainable future. Overall, it felt smart. It was optimistic while still being in touch with the world, which was refreshing.
Ashley
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! You can do the right thing for the planet and society and still make money. I hope more companies catch on to this. I actually listened to it as an audio book and now want to get a copy of the real book to use as a reference.
Meghan
Apr 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Good resource, full of supporting stats and facts. As usual with this genre it's not exactly objective/agnostic, but could be very helpful in building a business case if needed. ...more
Alissa Ellingson
Yeu Ai
Jan 15, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Doughnut Economics: Seven Ways to Think Like a 21st-Century Economist
  • Peace Talks (The Dresden Files, #16)
  • This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate
  • Touching the Void: The True Story of One Man's Miraculous Survival
  • On Fire: The Case for the Green New Deal
  • Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs,  and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers
  • This Is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession
  • The Responsible Company: What We've Learned from Patagonia's First 40 Years
  • Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • We Are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast
  • Gema
  • Confessions of a Radical Industrialist: How My Company and I Transformed Our Purpose, Sparked Innovation, and Grew Profits - By Respecting the Earth
  • Conscious Leadership: Elevating Humanity Through Business
  • Fashionopolis: The Price of Fast Fashion and the Future of Clothes
  • Girl
  • Playing Big: Find Your Voice, Your Mission, Your Message
  • From What Is to What If: Unleashing the Power of Imagination to Create the Future We Want