Start by marking “Plague of the Manitou” as Want to Read:
Plague of the Manitou

Plague of the Manitou

(Manitou #6)

Virus expert Anna Grey is disturbed when a dying patient is wheeled past her lab vomiting fountains of blood and screaming like a banshee. To make matters worse, when she examines the man s corpse, she could swear she hears him whisper: Get it out of me. John Patrick Bridges is dead. He s definitely dead. But if he s dead how is he talking?
Anna wonders if she s going mad.
Published August 1st 2015 by Severn House Publishers (first published June 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Plague of the Manitou, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plague of the Manitou

Paul Nelson
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
'You have to remember that every tree and every rock and every river from one side of the country to the other harbors a Native American manitou. This is still their land, spiritually, even if we took it away from them. It’s like a haunted house. You may own the deeds, but the house itself still belongs to the ghosts.'

Graham Masterton's debut as a horror author began with The Manitou in 1976. A harrowing story of the reincarnation of an Indian Medicine Man in modern day New York seeking retribut
Thomas Strömquist
I’m not sure where to start my review on this incredibly cheesy and illogical entry in the “Manitou” series - I don’t really know how I actually finished it. Oh, the second star is for Harry Erskine, who is a good character and should not be faulted for this.

The arch enemy ‘Manitou’ teams up with French 15th century nuns(!) for reasons unknown (or maybe just missed by me) and releases a deadly virus on the ‘palefaces’. Virology professor (and hot chick) Anna Grey has to try to save the day, usin
Jon Recluse
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Harry Erskine is back in this, the latest installment of the Manitou series. One of the most engaging protagonists in horror, Harry has his hands full when Misquamacus subcontracts out his mission of vengence to his sons, wonder workers in their own right, and a Christian plague demon, to unleash bio-terror upon the descendants of those who wiped out the Native American nation.

Masterton's signature blend of sex, horror and humor are in fine form here, along with a solid foundation in the nastier
Majanka
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/reviews/...

You are here: Home / Reviews / Dark Fiction / Book Review: Plague of the Manitou by Graham Masterton
Book Review: Plague of the Manitou by Graham Masterton
August 1, 2015 Leave a Comment

23875138Title: Plague of the Manitou

Author: Graham Masterton

Genre: Horror, Supernatural Horror

Age Group: Adult (18+)

Rating: 3,5 stars

Purchase: Amazon

Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Virus expert An
Fred Klein
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Another silly entry in the Manitou series. Not as bad as Blind Panic and Burial, but suffers from some of the usual problems with Masterton's novels. No continuity from prior entries. Anyone remember that Harry Erskine has a daughter and once acquired vampire powers? Too much use of ethnic stereotypes. Does every Jewish character have to constantly use Yiddish? Of course there is a graphic scene of genital mutilation. And there have to be multiple disembowelings featuring intestines. Finally, th ...more
Sara
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
Wow I absolutely love anything to do with this character that Graham Masterton writes about and he certainly didn't disappoint in this book what a fantastic horror book with a few funny one liners, highly recommended :)
Chip
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Another thrilling chapter in the Manitou series. You've done it again.
Ninjakicalka
Historia jest ciekawa, ale przy końcu serii już się robi nudno, bo wiadomo do czego to wszystko zmierza (a i tak miałam nadzieję, że w końcu wszyscy zginą). To wszystko mogłoby być o dwa tomy krótsze, a wydarzenia wykorzystać w innych książkach, z innymi postaciami, bo niestety im dalej, tym mniej naszych starych bohaterów :(
Kath
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Pariah by Graham Masterton was the first adult book I read. I was about 14 years old and I loved it. I then went on to read more by this author and then migrated to a few other horror authors. I have recently also read and loved Mr Masterton's Katie Maguire series but I have to admit to not having read one of his new horrors for a fair while (I have recently re-read The Pariah and Family Portrait) so I was excited to see this on my new release radar! I have read a few of the Harry Erskine bo ...more
Julie Kellner
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoy the Harry Erskine series spooky with a touch of humour. Highly recommended
Tracey Pal
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Nothing to get too excited about, I did enjoy the return of Harry Erskine. But how can you have a Manitou book without Misquaquamus... Not happy about that.
Miłośniczka Książek
Fragment recenzji:
"Po „Infekcję” możecie sięgnąć nawet wówczas, gdy nie czytaliście poprzednich tomów cyklu „Manitou”. Powieść ta jest bowiem napisana w taki sposób, iż na dobrą sprawę stanowić może osobny twór. A to wszystko dzięki temu, iż najważniejsze informacje związane z przeszłością Harry’ego Erskine’a oraz jego walki z największym indiańskim szamanem przywoływane są w odpowiednich miejscach, uzupełniając wszelkie luki tak, że nie ma się poczucia, iż czegoś się nie wie, że coś gdzieś nam
Aurora Snively
May 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
I finished it because the plot was decent, which is probably the only reason to read it. The outrageous number of spelling and grammatical errors were nearly impossible to ignore and became distracting. The characters weren’t convincing and some of the descriptions were racially charged. The reading level of this book didn’t match the story content. As others have warned, the story content goes beyond graphic detailing. Best read on an empty stomach.
Truff
Oct 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is one of the dumbest books I've ever only gotten 1/3 of the way through.
I guess this guy has a whole slew of books all based on the 'genocide against the American Indian" is the worst thing in the world to ever happen and must be addressed, but it's old and guilt ridden and doesn't speak to me. It doesn't deserve one star.
Douglas Castagna
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another installment into the Manitou series that I have been reading and enjoying for some time now. Masterton is amazing, and this installment does not disappoint. Combining horror, and medical horror he weaves together an all to real tale of terror. Harry Erskine is the man.
Maciej Jastrzebski
Jestem rozczarowany tą pozycją. Pisana marnym językiem, rozwiązania fabularne od czapy, dialogi leżą, fabuła nie trzyma się kupy.

Na pewno przez dłuższy czas nie sięgnę po twórczość Mastertona.
Claire Louise
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gruesome and gory. 5/5
Irek
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank God that's the last episode of the series. But you know what... I'll read the next one if it'll appear :)
Jacek
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
5/10
Ruda_El
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Jedna z najlepszych z serii! Jest tu wszystko co lubię u Mastertona: zagadki, oryginalny temat, całkiem przerażające duchy, klimat grozy i szaleństwa.
Danny Yong
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
The Manitou series is definitely Masterton’s best offering, but I believe it’s been dragged on for too long. The suspense is getting stale. Burial remains, at least to me, the peak of the series.
May
Dec 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror-fiction
Graham Masterton is at it again with his latest debut in the Manitou series. This novel takes places from the point of view of two different characters - Anna Gray: an esteemed epidemiologist striving towards a cure for a mysterious and fatal virus; and Harry Erskine: a bumbling pseudo-psychic with a penchant for telling elderly folks their fortunes via tarot card.

As we make our way into the heart of the story, we find Dr. Grey stricken by this incurable virus which causes patients to spew copio
Judy Lesley
May 18, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: american, horror
Evidently I like to read novels in the horror genre which have a completely different emphasis on that subject matter from what I found in this book. I prefer the author to use subtlety and finesse to illustrate their craft, not bludgeon me with a sledgehammer. I understand this is not the first book in the Harry Erskine series, but as far as I can tell it isn't necessary to have read any previous books prior to starting this one.

The novel is treated almost as two books with Professor Anna Grey,
Plum-crazy
I'm am a HUGE fan of Masterton & particularly love the Harry Erskine/Misquamacus series & while yes, as expected, I enjoyed this, it's not one of my favourites in the series - after all there's NO Misquamacus in it (oops...sorry if that was a spoiler) However, there's still a couple of Native American demons for Harry to battle in the shape of Matchitehew & Megedagik, who just so happen to be sons of the great Algonquin Wonderworker. Unluckily for Harry they've teamed up with a demon ...more
Anna
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Graham Masterton potrafi tworzyć niesamowite klimaty w swoich książkach. Nie czytałam ich zbyt wiele, jednak te, na które się skusiłam sprawiły, że mam ochotę poznać więcej pozycji z dorobku tego pisarza. Z bardzo pozytywnym nastawieniem oraz zainteresowaniem sięgnęłam po kolejną książkę. Tym razem w moje ręce wpadła ,,Infekcja". Czułam, że czeka mnie coś ciekawego.

Po pierwsze, od pierwszych stron Masterton obdarowuje niespotykanym, odrobinę mrocznym klimatem. Już po kilku pierwszych stronach b
Cinabru Hoffmann
Nu a fost rau chiar deloc, desi credeam ca s-a terminat saga lui Harry Erskine. Din fericire nu. Eu un personaj de care nu ma pot plictisi, in buna parte datorita interpretarii lui Tony Curtis din ecranizarea la Manitou. Nu pot sa inteleg de ce nu s-au mai facut filme dupa Masterton, ori e ghinion, ori e stupiditate.

Nu mai e Misquamacus, alungat definitiv, dar sunt cei doi fii ai sai. Plus doi aliati surpriza. Si calugarite. Multe calugarite. In rest genul de thriller supranatural cu virusul ca
Autumn Is Azathoth
REVIEW:  PLAGUE OF THE MANITOU by Graham Masterton

Another excellent book from a most prolific and genre-crossing author, PLAGUE OF THE MANITOU returns delightful series character Harry Erskine. A "fortune-teller" who insists he has no psychic abilities, Harry exudes charm and irony. Once upon a time, he roundly defeated Native American "wonder-worker" [shaman] Misquimacus, and so is not only an unsung hero to the unknowing human populace, but acknowledged by the long-deceased indigenous shamans.
Donna Maguire
I absolutely LOVED this book, I as gripped from the start and I loved it as the story progressed. I won't give away the plot but I was literally left itching for more at the end! This is probably one of the best horror/thriller books I have read in months. I read it in one sitting and couldn't wait to see how it ended. It was a brilliant read. I cannot thank the publishers enough for letting me have access to an advance review copy - I would highly recommend this book to all.
Natalie M
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
One of the worst books of 2015! Strange & unbelievable (literally too weird to make sense of), weak characterizations, some disgusting imagery (I'm not easily offended) and a general waste of time. Skip this one!
Josef Hernandez
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another fine Masterton book in the Manitou series

For a full review, please go to http://www.examiner.com/review/plague... and follow me on Twitter @josenher
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Graham Masterton was born in Edinburgh in 1946. His grandfather was Thomas Thorne Baker, the eminent scientist who invented DayGlo and was the first man to transmit news photographs by wireless. After training as a newspaper reporter, Graham went on to edit the new British men's magazine Mayfair, where he encouraged William Burroughs to develop a series of scientific and philosophical articles whi ...more

Manitou (6 books)
  • The Manitou (Manitou #1)
  • Revenge of the Manitou (Manitou, #2)
  • Burial (Manitou, #3)
  • Manitou Blood (Manitou, #4)
  • Blind Panic (Manitou, #5)