Start by marking “What Does The Bible Really Teach?” as Want to Read:
What Does The Bible Really Teach?

What Does The Bible Really Teach?

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  838 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
The Bible provides the key to your enjoying a truly satisfying life. It can help you to deal with problems. Would you like to find out what the Bible really teaches? This book will help you.
paperback, 223 pages
Published 2005 by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

To ask other readers questions about What Does The Bible Really Teach?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Does The Bible Really Teach?

Kim
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really surprised to find this on here. I thought, let me just see. And here it is. I'm currently studying this book. It really is a great source to find out what the Bible really teaches and puts to rest a lot of confusion. This book strengthens my faith very much. I've shared copies with some of my friends in hopes to get them to open their minds and their Bibles so they can find out the truth.
Karen
Dec 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
This is a Watchtower publication used by Jehovah's Witnesses in Bible studies. You do not, however, need to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses to get anything from this book. I am not one of Jehovah's Witnesses; I learned more from this book than I did in 20 years of going to church and it is because of this book that I decided to study the Bible on my own.

For those who are simply interested in learning about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe this book is a great introduction. And you can get a free
Veise
Nov 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I saw the heart of the Scriptures just from looking at the 'blue pages', as I call them. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us that, all Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching and setting things straight. It also gave me hope of a future w/o all these negative realities of today.
Pam10
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It just explains the truth so beautifully and simply. it's so direct in what the bible really teaches =)
Janice
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was able to reason on the Bible with the aid of this book and see that God really does care for us. Easy to read, I used my own Bible to verify scriptures. One point I appreciated was finding God has a name. Psalms 83:18 gives his name as Jehovah. Jesus was his son and very special person. I recommend this book.
Jawe Querimit
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you believe in the bible and want to know more about it, this is the perfect book for you.
Lionkhan-sama
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lionkhan-sama by: Nathan 'Skippy' Smith
Wow. What an experience.
Let me start of by saying I am of the Islamic faith, and have been all my life. I am perfectly happy and convinced by my faith and I did not start reading this book, as an alternative to my religion.

My friend gave me this book, and recommended I read it to understand some of the philosophies and thoughts of Jehovah's Witnesses, as me and him are always discussing many varied topics that realm on the form of religions and religious thought.

I have always been somewhat scept
Mark
Oct 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're interested in learning about what the Jehovah's Witnesses believe, this is a great starting point. While there is much that I disagree with, this small book conveys their beliefs in a fair manner.
Olivia Rosenberger
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. This book helps others to know the truth about the bible. If u would like to study the bible with one of Jehovah's Witnesses, go to our web site at jw.org
Stuart Laughlin
I don't think I can really give a star-rating to this one. Interesting read; really awful theology. I feel I have a pretty good understanding of the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses now, and look forward to an opportunity to discuss with them. Probably the most striking thing to me was how impoverished their religion is when compared to the robust historic Christianity I believe and practice. I feel sorry for them that they are missing out on so much glorious good news. Lots I can agree with in he ...more
Patti
Dec 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want to know more about the bible and improve your relationship with God, you must read this book. It contains the truth about His Word and is laid out in a way that helps you learn in a progressive manor, although I find that discussing it with one of Jehovah's Witnesses that could help answer my questions to be the best way to go. But PLEASE read this with your copy of the Bible!!
Barbara
This book is published by Jehovah's Witnesses. It is organized topically with supporting scriptures on subjects such as God's Kingdom, Jesus Christ, the sanctity of life and blood, and family life. I would encourage anyone to read the book with an open mind and an open Bible. See for yourself and don't take anyone else's word for it."

Alexis
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So good! So happy to have this book and share it with others.
Valentina Markasović
First of all, how does one even rate a religious study book?
There are no characters to analyze, no plot to unravel. My only other option was to rate the writing style, which was overly-enthusiastic! And even a tad condescending! Look at all the exclamation marks!1!
In the end, I decided to follow the Goodreads definition of each star - hence my 1-star rating, for I did not enjoy this book. It doesn't mean it's bad, though - it offered an interesting insight of how other people think. However, by
Tariq Binhatem Albalooshi
Mar 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
و أنا أمشي في إحدى شوارع لندن مع احد الأصدقاء، إذا بفتاة توزع مثل هذه الكتب المختصة بالتوراة و الإنجيل ( العهد القديم و الجديد ) فتوجهت لها و أخذت بعض الكتيبات، فقال صديقي : أتقرأ الإنجيل !!! أتشك في القرآن ؟؟ فقلت له : كَوني أقرأ الإنجيل لا يعني انني أؤمن به، فليس كل ما يُقرأ يؤخذ به ..
ذكرت هذه القصة لأنها مشابهة لِما طرحه هذا الكتاب في احدى أجزائه مناشداً بالقراءة و الإطلاع على كل شيء و من ثم الأخذ بالصحيح ..

هذا الكتاب يغض النظر كثيراً عن النقاط السلبية في التوراة الدموية و الإنجيل المتناقض ف
David Howell
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have a good friend who happens to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses,and he recommended this book to me.A very thoughtful approach to the Bible and a good introduction to Watchtower Beliefs,it is beautifully illustrated and well put together.I recommend this book to anyone interested in the Watchtower Society and the organazation as a whole
Danny Sifonte
Jan 03, 2010 is currently reading it
it always teaches me many important life lessons and it teaches me more about how i should live my life.
Melissa Waters
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An excellent learning aid to be used with your Bible!!
Sandy
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The best book ever to help one understand basic Bible Truths. All information is from the Bible and answers many of life's questions.
Andrey
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can i say?
It is the truth!
Anders Winther
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was definitely an interesting book, with language that always wanted to make you feel happy. In a "believe us or you are a moron" - way. It was filled with contradiction and leading questions, if you had your own hypothesis, it had better be theirs. Over all and interesting look into a religion I don't myself believe in, always nice to see the world from the perspective of others
M Strawberry Reviews
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to study with jehovah's Witnesses. Growing up, I was given an overall negative impression of them from others, and people I know would hide from them. It happened at my house as well. However, when I was approached by one as an young adult, he was very kind and friendly, and I decided to give it a try. Growing up, i was dragged to church (literally) and gained nothing from the experience. Doing a study with the JW's on the other hand was incredibly educational.

And yes, this
Drayton Alan
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
A wonderful introduction to the truth about the bible. Truth that has been hidden for so long and replaced with pagan philosophy and a profit based version of christanity that has lied to people for centuries. The bible's truth is as easy to understand as Jesus' teachings were. Like many in Jesus' day, people still cannot see the bible's true message because of pride, self-deception and prejudice. I encourage any so inclined to open their hearts and mind to the real good news of God's Kingdom.
Go
Siobhan O' Sullivan
This book is typical of religious organisations, using quotes from the bible to fit their ideal, yet turn around on page 219 and say "THE book of revelation contains expressions that are not to be taken literally" . It's condescending in it's wording i.e. Imagine what it felt like to know Jesus was............. WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!
Donald
Sep 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Society tells us many things about the bible. This book helps the reader to examine for themselves what we have been taught and compare it to "What The Bible Really Teaches". There is a contrast. But you need to read the book along with a copy of your bible to see for yourself. You can thank me later. If you need a copy of it let me know.
G
Aug 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Absolute cult training rubbish. Low level reading designed with logic flaws to lead gullible people to the conclusion that only Watchtower teachings can be right and anyone outside of Watchtower's control is serving Satan.
Aundrea O'Connor
It's giving me a pretty good view on what the Bible teaches. Very easy to follow. (12/15/11)
Pseudo Surrealist
Jan 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all
Really great for those just learning about the bible.
MsPage
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A logical yet comforting introduction to the inspired book that intimidates many readers today.
Linda
Sep 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this wonderful book!!!
  • Facing the Lion: Memoirs of a Young Girl in Nazi Europe
  • Genesis and the Big Bang Theory: The Discovery Of Harmony Between Modern Science And The Bible
  • 40 Questions about Christians and Biblical Law
  • The Best Things in Life: A Contemporary Socrates Looks at Power, Pleasure, Truth & the Good Life
  • Genesis 1-15 (Word Biblical Commentary #1)
  • National Geographic Animal Encyclopedia: 2,500 Animals with Photos, Maps, and More!
  • Neither Poverty Nor Riches: Illuminating the Riddle
  • Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ
  • What Every Woman Wants in a Man/What Every Man Wants in a Woman: 10 Essentials for Growing Deeper in Love |10 Qualities for Nurturing Intimacy
  • New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
  • The Pagan Religions of the Ancient British Isles: Their Nature and Legacy
  • Romans 8-16 for You
  • The Best Kept Secret of Christian Mission: Promoting the Gospel with More Than Our Lips
  • The Final Days of Jesus: The Most Important Week of the Most Important Person Who Ever Lived
  • Bedlam: A Year in the Life of a Mental Hospital
  • A Little Exercise for Young Theologians
  • Eyes Wide Open: Enjoying God in Everything
  • Captain Wentworth's Persuasion: Jane Austen's Classic Retold Through His Eyes
The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a nonprofit corporation formed in 1884 under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. It is used by Jehovah’s Witnesses to support their worldwide work, which includes publishing Bibles and Bible-based literature.

According to its charter, the corporation’s purposes are “religious, educational, and charitable,” in particular, to
More about Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society...