Start by marking “The Flight To Brassbright” as Want to Read:
The Flight To Brassbright

The Flight To Brassbright

Constance is a wild, stubborn young girl growing up poor in a small industrial town. But beneath her thread-worn exterior beats the heart of a dreamer and a wordsmith. She feeds her hunger for reading by picking the lock on the local bookstore late at night to enjoy her own private reading room. But at age twelve, she’s orphaned. With no relatives to take her in, the local ...more
Kindle Edition, First, 195 pages
Published January 31st 2015 by Lori Alden Holuta

To ask other readers questions about The Flight To Brassbright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flight To Brassbright

Mark J.
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lori Alden Haluta's debut novel is a delightful read that will appeal to teens and young adults as well as some not-so-young adults. The tone is light and witty--I found myself smiling often at a turn of phrase or laughing at a clever twist--and the themes are positive and uplifting.

In "The Flight to Brassbright" Holuta has crafted the world of Industralia where the protagonist tells her story of finding her freedom and the quirky characters who help her along her way. On her journey she learns
J.B. Garner
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From The Musings of a Starving Author:

It’s quite remarkable that I have had so few steampunk platters dropped off into my pantry. For such a diverse and popular style of cooking, I certainly expected to be overwhelmed with them when I first began this quest for fine literature! You must be able to imagine my delight to find this shiny, brass serving tray come up in line as my next treat to dissect. However, I’ve been betrayed before by genres I adore! Will this meal end in triumph or tragedy?

Bef
Tricia Griffith
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! Flight to Brassbright appeals to my inner child's desire for adventure and independence as well as my (mostly) grown up desire for really well written stories that capture my imagination and hold my attention. This is also a great introduction to Steampunk literature, if you are new to the genre, as I am. I really can't wait to see what happens next in Brassbright, and I hope to hear more of Constance's adventures!
Bookworm
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A breezy, enjoyable read introducing us to the land of Industralia. Constance's life is indeed worthy of a story, and more than one. I'm looking forward to what comes next!
O.E. Tearmann
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the spirit of Kenneth Oppel and Gail Carriger, Brassbright is a high-flying adventure. I found it an endearing treat.
This is a good book for parents to share with their YA folks: a sweet adventure that will make the adult smile fondly and the young person laugh with glee. The story revolves around feisty Constance, a girl with a classically Dickensian backstory, a metric ton of grit and a wide streak of enthusiasm. The lovely reader for the audio-book copy emphasized Constance's pep.
For me, t
Margaret
It was a "feel good" story. I wasn't riveted but can imagine younger middle school students enjoying it.
Deborah
Stephen W. Shields
is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2018
Lori Holuta
Feb 21, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Addicted to YA: Seeking Reviewers for The Flight To Brassbright 5 17 Mar 17, 2015 06:24AM
Lori Alden Holuta lives between the cornfields of mid-Michigan, where she grows vegetables, teas and herbs, when she’s not playing games with a cat named Chives. She’s fond of activities from the past, including canning and preserving, crocheting, reading in the dark, and cooking.

Her lifelong fascination with the Victorian era dovetails nicely with articles she has written for The Primgraph, a mag