Start by marking “The Raven Room (The Raven Room, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Raven Room (The Raven Room, #1)

The Raven Room

(The Raven Room #1)

Anything you can imagine. Everything you crave. For the members of The Raven Room, it’s every fantasy fulfilled. But for some, that desire is a matter of life and death.

Drawn by needs he cannot control, Julian ventures to The Raven Room, a secret and exclusive sex club in the underbelly of Chicago. It goes beyond sex. It goes beyond kink. The Raven Room is the only place
ebook, 1st Edition, 250 pages
Published November 3rd 2015 by Diversion Books

To ask other readers questions about The Raven Room, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Medeiros The Raven room trilogy 1 Title by SueBee_zps2e7mbrdt.jpg
 photo trr1 cover 1 xB by sb_zpscoutl8lq.gif
 photo trr1 stat55 xBQ by sb_zpshgcgheeb.gif
 photo trr1 stat50 xBQ by sb_zpsbcqw1uua.gif
 photo trr1 stat70 xBX by sb_zpsma6wbmbi.gif
 photo trr1 stat100 xBQ by sb_zpscg5qn6eo.gif
★★★★ ! The Raven Room, book 1 of 3. Julian Reeve, child psychologist by day & depraved lover & member of the clandestine Raven Room by night!

“The Raven Room draws the most powerful people in the city and I’m going to write a story about it and one of its members.”

Books in The Raven Room trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: The Raven Room
Book 2: Savage Bonds
Book 3: Untitled

The Raven Room (book 1) got its title from a coveted and exclusive sex club hidden in a commerc
Pam
4 give and take stars
While her body carries the scars we both have come to love, I carry her scars within me. In my soul. They are ours.

The Raven Room.... Wow, just Wow. I honestly can't say much, because it is a story you have to live through. Each and every single word a piece to a puzzle of a place where your deepest darkest desires can come alive, if your brave enough to face them.

Dr. Julian Reeve has quite the reputation to protect; one breath of his extra curricular activities and ev
Liz
~4 Mysterious Stars~

description

"It's dark. Warm. Sounds of pleasure, sounds of pain, echo around me and I close my eyes. The air in here is different from anywhere else. Here is where I come to forget. To let go. Here is where I come to be alive."

The Raven Room is a contemporary blend of mystery, romance, kink, and passion. The hero is quite damaged and seeks fulfillment in some very dark places!

description

Julian is a well educated child psychologist. He appears to have everything together. And yet, Julian has da
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
It's LIVE! * Amazon US * Amazon UK *

An erotic suspense with a thrilling quality. I literally could not read this story fast enough. I needed to know if my thoughts were correct, I needed questions answered and the ending... It had me reeling in a brilliant way with the kind of cliff-hanger I crave.

The third person narrative easily flows keeping all the many moving pieces perfectly in play allowing the reader to garner the thoughts and feelings of the multiple characters that have a stake in thi
warhawke
Genre: Erotic Thriller/Suspense
Type: Book 1 of 3 from The Raven Room trilogy
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Julian Reeve was a successful child psychologist. Behind the façade, he hid a darker side that could threaten his future. Burdened by his sexual proclivities, he used the underground BDSM club The Raven Room to have his needs satisfied. But something had been keeping him away, until a woman lured him back in.

Meredith Dalton was an aspiring journalist looking for her breakout story. She was d
Dee Montoya
***** 6++++ Alluring Stars*****

(Arc Kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

It's not very often that I take a chance on a debut novel and end up being so blown away by it, that it becomes a top ten favorite read of the year for me. Ana Medeiros' writing style is simply brilliant, and The Raven Room delivers so much more than an erotic story. This book was mysterious, thrilling, and tempting in a way that has made me completely obsessed with it. Every single word of this novel
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Erotic Romance
3.5 Layers of Secrets Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
This book is filled with all sorts of angsty, sexy, kinky things...
There is an Alpha to swoon for...a challenging woman and then this added element of The Raven Room and all the activities that go on there...

Very few are members...it is almost like the Fight Club slogan...No one talks about it, owns up to being a member... but All want to go there and see what it is all about...But only a few know....

What started all of this interest for our main
Judith
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-from-author

To be honest I'm not really interested in getting an ARC unless it's a book I really want to read or from an Author I follow(my reading time is limited and I'd rather read something I'm really interested in ).But when this Author contacted me I read the blurb and I was definitely interested...

There's a lot going on in this book and it's been a few months since I read it,so I hope I can do it justice...

Julian is a child psychologist and Meredith is an aspiring journalist.They have been having sex
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
 photo The Raven Room_zpsbfxx9pgb.jpg

Secrets- Desires- Murder-…… The Raven Room is a mystery of sex, lies, kink and a “who dun it”.

Dr. Julian Reeve is an esteemed child psychologist with a dark and twisted side. He is not the man that he appears to be. He has many secrets. Secrets from his past that haunt him. But there is one place he goes where he feels he can be himself- The Raven Room…….Chicago’s exclusive underground sex club. Meredith has been seeing Julian for about a year. She is young and an aspiring journalist. What be
~IreneOust~
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing

The Raven Room Teaser Trailer

In a nutshell - I just read a perfect book.

The first installment of The Raven Room had me hooked from the Prologue. I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting. Written in third POV (my favorite), this book is an erotic thriller for those with an open mind when it comes to sexual situations. The plot is full of twists and you'll be asking yourself 'whodunnit' throughout the entire book not to mention all the theories that go through your mind as you try and d
S.M. West
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, erotica-bdsm
3.75 STARS

This story has a lot going on with many characters, a murder, an underground BDSM club – the Raven Room – and focuses on three characters but it’s not a love triangle, or at least, I don’t think so.

Dr. Julian Reeve’s life is complicated and compartmentalized. He’s a prestigious and well-respected child psychologist by day with sexual desires and needs of the unconventional and kinky kind. He also has a secretive past. If Julian’s career and sexual tastes should ever intertwine, his ca
CC
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

Julian Reeve is quite the perfect package on the outside: handsome, built, wears tailored suits and is a professional, but something depraved lurks inside his polished shell. In order to satisfy his darker desires, Julian is a card-carrying member of the Raven Room. Julian has access to all the rooms in this sexy establishment, including the particular room located on the lowest floor of the building - the room where there are no limits.

description

Alana is a mysterious woman that has a certain al
Olga therebelreader
Welcome to a tale filled with scorching heat, one over the-top alpha male, Julian, and two sexy women, Meredith and Alana. Julian has a free sexual relationship with both of them but he’s mostly drawn to mysterious Alana. Julian and Alana are members of the underground bdsm sex club The Raven Room. At the club, Alana belongs to the company of another man and never has sex with Julian in its rooms. Meredith is a young ambitious journalist who wants to become member of the club and write an articl ...more
TeriLyn
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

**The Raven Room generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

4 "That's where the beauty of trust lies." Stars

I really, really enjoyed The Raven Room. The book is quite different. Very intriguing. Many moving parts and layers kept me totally engaged. Told from multiple third person points of view, the writing engaged me throughout leaving me wanting more.

The focus of the story is the emotionally driven, Dr. Julian Reeve, child psychologist. As the story progresses there
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I've read a lot of NA and it just doesn't work for me. So I was a bit worried about this book since it was Erotica and BDSM and it's just not what I'm used to reading. So this is a review from someone that usually don't read this genre.

I was surprised and pleased how good this book is. As I stated above, this is not my genre of books. But after months of trying to read NA and being frustrated with the lack of a good story and plenty of one dimension character and boring sex scenes have I read a
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
★★★3.5 Stars ★★★

photo 1446486665278_zpszrcvhbui.jpg

"Sometimes we do things that hurt the people we love".

I LOVE a good "dark read".The mystery,the erotic thrill and that carnal sensation when written correctly,is the best.Is there something wrong me with me?I don't know but I could care less So when I read the blurb for this story I was immediately drawn to this story.

Julian Reeve is child psychologist and he's very good at what he does.On the outside, he seems to have it all put together.On the inside,he's a mess.He craves
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Ana Medeiros has made an impressive debut with this intriguing tale of mystery, danger, desire, and despair.

Julian is a child psychologist and Associate Professor of Medicine. He also happens to be a member of The Raven Room, an exclusive underground Chicago sex club where no-holds-barred kink is openly explored. Although he tries to suppress his dark sexual proclivities, he’s regularly drawn to the club, which could be a career ender if his involvement is ever leaked.

Julian has been in an affec
Briana
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**Reread in 2017**

**Original review 2015**

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Oh I have so much to say, but I really don't want to spoil anything for anyone...

Just...wtf. I am freaking out right now over the ending of this book!

Ok, so let me back up. I started reading this book sometime yesterday. I was thinking, oh this book is really good so far. Good plot. Great characters. But then I read the last, what, 10% 20% 30% of the book and I'm legit going bat-shit crazy trying to solve this amazing puzzle given to me b
Cristina
Jun 15, 2015 added it
Shelves: arc
DNF 77% - No rating

I really tried to finish this book because I was very curious what was the deal with The Raven Room and Julian but I couldn't...

description

I don't know why but I did not enjoy the writing style of the book and how it jumped from one character to another. For that reason (I think) I did not feel any connection to the characters or between them.

The story itself was interesting but not enough to hold my interest to the end...and that's why I chose instead of the low rating I usually give b
La-Lionne
Aug 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'll post the full review some other day when I have more time. For now all I have to say is that it reads as a first draft. I hope the author hires an editor and gets couple of beta readers before publishing it. The book has the potential, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done.
Mercedes
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review
Liz F
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Review copy courtesy of the author.

One word: Cliffhanger.

It should be no surprise by now to you, dear readers, that I don't care for cliffhangers. I don't actually understand why ANY reader would. I honestly can't think of a good reason for them other than to sell more books. I feel like I get tricked and duped by corporations on a daily basis as it is; it's hurtful and irritating when a similar trickery is employed by my beloved authors.

There is a very serious and dark BDSM element going on in
Joëlle
*** ARC kindly provided by Diversion Books, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. ***

The Raven Room is the first book written by Ana Medeiros.

Julian is a child psychologist and professor. He loves lots of non-committed sex and his kink is in causing pain to his women. He’s in an open relationship with bi-sexual Meredith. They are both using each other for sex for some time now but since Meredith heard about The Raven Room she’s intrigued and uses Julian as a means to an end to get th
Garfield L
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, thriller
If you like mystery, thrillers and sex in equal measure, you'll love The Raven Room. I did!

It's beautifully written book story about Meridith, a precocious young journalist, who is desperate to learn more about Julian, her older/mysterious lover... Julian belongs to an exclusive underground sex club and Meridith wants into his world, but when she's finally offered a glimpse of what is happening behind the club's closed doors, what was initially just curiosity dovetails into a disturbing murder
Venus Blancia
This digital arc was given courtesy of Diversion Books via Netgalley.

"The Raven Room gives everything. Takes everything."

Raven Room is one difficult puzzling mysterious read. For books under romancelandia or erotica, this book has been true to its promise. And before I write more and forget it, I have to say with all fairness to the beautifully compelling writing of the author. The book had me when Alana, one of the main FCs, made a love affair out of her words describing Julian's life. Needless
Petra
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Raven Room is an underground sex club in Chicago and is being linked to the deaths of several women. This is a dark mystery with some erotic elements and hints of BDSM. It is the first book in a trilogy. The remaining two are due to be published some time in 2016. Hence, if you don't like cliffhanger endings, wait until next year before reading this. You guessed it, there's a huge cliffhanger at the end of this. This is a character driven story, and the pace is initially quite slow as charac ...more
Ashley S.
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was not expecting that out of this book and especially not the crazy cliffhanger that we got! I didn't even know it was part of a series! So, now, I'm obviously highly anticipating the release of Book 2! When is it coming out?!? Please tell me it is VERY soon!

The Raven Room had it all for me. It was dark, depraved, suspenseful, mysterious, lust inducing, thoughtful, real, and so much more. I loved it and couldn't put it down! The H was amazing and so incredibly - well, just...incredible!

H
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
The members at The Raven Room get all their fantasies come true but death isn't one they really want. Julian enjoys going to The Raven Room. Its the only place where he can release his kinkiest desires and Alana is his obsession but Julian has introduced Meredith in a sexual journey. Meredith is an aspiring journalist and when one of the women in The Raven Room is murdered she is torn between her career and her frindship/relationship to Julian and his dark secrets.

Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
Review to Come...

*ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*
Carlene Inspired
2.5 - 3 stars
Many thanks to Netgalley for providing a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

The Raven Room is an exclusive sex club, the kind where anything goes and no one bats an eye. There are well known members of society there, they know to keep their mouths shut. However Julian has a new woman he fancies and she just so happens to want to write an article on The Raven Room.

Julian's a well known Child Psychologist and teacher, he also has a strong side of kink. He uses The Rave
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Anything concerning this book 1 11 Oct 26, 2015 04:27PM

• Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • The Grunt 2 (The Lonely Heart Series, #6)
  • Motown Throwdown (Motown Down, #1)
  • Bend Me  (Absolution, #1)
  • Good Girl (Blended, #1)
  • Chairman of the Whored (Whored, #1)
  • Filthy 4 (Filthy, #4)
  • Shattered Poetry (Broken Lives, #2)
  • The Highest Bid (Naughty Bits, #4)
  • Magnate (Acquisition, #2)
  • Fractured Crystal: Sapphires and Submission (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy, #1)
  • Compulsion
  • Irish Billionaire’s Revenge
  • Unblocked - Episode Three (Timber Towers, #3)
Writer of books. Lover of Paris, coffee, chocolate and zombies. Ana Medeiros's first novel, The Raven Room, an erotic thriller, was published by Diversion Books in 2015.

Ana lives in Toronto, Canada with her husband and two adopted cats.

The Raven Room (3 books)
  • Savage Bonds (The Raven Room, #2)
  • Untitled (The Raven Room, #3)
“I can’t give you something I don’t know how to give.” 6 likes