Start by marking “The Buccaneers' Code (The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Buccaneers' Code (The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates, #3)

The Buccaneers' Code

(The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates #3)

When Miss Pimm, Enchantress of the Northlands, decides to retire, she enlists young Hilary Westfield to gather a band of scallywags and prepare to challenge Captain Blacktooth in an all-out battle for the presidency of the League in order to save the kingdom.
Published September 8th 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Buccaneers' Code, please sign up.
emyrose8 Betterworldbooks.com is amazing. For every book you buy, one is donated to someone in need. Their customer service is fantastic and they have great sa…moreBetterworldbooks.com is amazing. For every book you buy, one is donated to someone in need. Their customer service is fantastic and they have great sales too!(less)

Start your review of The Buccaneers' Code (The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates, #3)
Mark Baker
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade, 2015
Hilary Westfield takes on Captain Blacktooth one last time, this time for leadership of the Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates. However, there is much more at stake since the Mutineers are plotting once again to take over the kingdom, and this fight might be the only way to stop them. But can Hilary rustle up any kind of pirate crew for the battle?

While I knew the broad outline of the story early on, I had a wonderful time getting to the end. The characters are charming, and the plot moves
Amanda
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
I just loved this series. My kids & I had a very good time reading all 3 of these books. And yes, my 6-year-old daughter found a golden crochet hook at Michael's & now frequently carries it around the house (tucked into her pony tail or behind her ear) just in case there are any rogue scallywags that need to be dealt with.

My only disappointment is that it's over. I thought this was a very good finale for the series. (view spoiler)
BookishStitcher
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
My kids absolutely loved this trilogy! We listened to it in the car everywhere we went together. Yay, for our public libraries and their Libby catalog.
Mimi 'Pans' Herondale
One of my fave middle grade books! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤💚💚💚💚💚💕
Erick
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great finish to the series...that is if Scourge of the Paperbacks Caroline Carlson chooses to end it here. The book did everything I hoped for and still had a bit of a surprise finish. I pegged a bit of what was going to happen. Yet I was still surprised by the twists and turns that Carlson added. The characters she has are all so fun and easy to enjoy. I couldn't wait to read it and am certain that I will read it again!
Merin
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
These books are so much fun! This was a really entertaining end to the series. Hilary remains stubborn, determined, and a wonderful narrator. I also enjoyed the colorful cast of supporting characters, and the humor apparent on each page. If you like middle grade, do give this series a read!

Full review to come soon.
Anya
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Soooooo fun! This series is freaking delightful and the third is a fantastic addition. More friends, more shenanigans, more magic!
Cwdavenport
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my new favorite series. I have loved Harry Potter for so long, but my 6 year old does not want me to read it to them. I started looking for books that I can read with my son. This series is one I think he will enjoy. I absolutely loved it. I bought it on audible and I absolutely love Katherine Kellgren's performance.
This series is about a little girl that wants to be a pirate. There is magic and lots of action. I love how well the characters are written. I laughed so much at Hill
C.J. Milbrandt
When the newspapers announce that the Terror of the Southlands will be challenging the leader of the Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates, no one is more surprised than Hilary. But for the sake of her friends, she'll go through with it. Secret alliances and society ladies. Floating libraries and fifth editions. Ulterior motives and underhanded methods. Successors and successes.

A satisfying finish to Carlson's trilogy, which maintains a pleasing blend of cheeky humor and situational comedy. I
Blanca Urbieta
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zaz
A nice conclusion to a good series, but an average story.

Once again, it was pleasant to spend time with the young pirate girl and her friends, but I found the story too much far-fetched. It's nice to see kids have their own magical adventure and some are good heroes, but fighting against adults to become the boss was too much unbelievable for me in this setting and it wasn't an interesting goal. The humor was less present this time and the story was less entertaining, so the read was overall av
Jeanna
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun series. The kids and I all listened to the audiobooks of all three (read by the amazing Katherine Kellgren). It's charming and delightful and also has a few good lessons along the way about friendship and sticking up for what's right. But also lots and lots of fun ridiculousness.

There's something really humorous about the VNHLP and all their rules and regulations and such--ah, the bureaucracy. A fun recommendation for lovers of middle grade fantasy.
Jazlyn Unbedacht
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved this series, but this third book left a little to be desired. The characters didn't feel deep and I wasn't that attached to them. As a character, Hillary didn't develop much. Everything is so absolutely silly that the gravity of certain situations seems glossed over.
Other than that, this is a rollicking tale for the right to ten year old reader.
Jill
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
The thrilling conclusion to the VNHLP series! Hilary takes on the pirate league president and finds herself in more trouble than ever. I was on the edge of my seat with the final unexpected plot twists. I can see another series when Hilary, Claire, and Charles are a few years older. Great fun, especially if you enjoy Gilbert and Sullivan operettas.
Patty Robinson
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series of books

I so enjoyed this series of books. They kept my attention and my imagination was swirling. No other book can assist you in manners as well as pirate lore as these books.
Kasi
These books are very cute and Hillary is a very wholesome and respectable hero who never forgets her friends (or mates). My kids loved this series and this final book was a lot of fun. I highly recommend the audiobook a great way to listen as a family.
Timeless Skies
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fitting ending to a tour de force of an adventure series

This tale of friends over coming insurmountable obstacles in striking a blow for freedom over tyranny. Long live the VNHLP and a certain gargoyle!
Cheryl
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I think the others were stronger reads, it felt like we were running out of steam on reading this one. P still loved the series, but the first two were better.
Jenny
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series! I hope she continues to write more. It especially comes alive listening to the audible narrator. Fun for all ages.
Jillian
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, fantasy
The plot starts to slip in this last installment, but the perpetual charm of this series carries it through. I think most young readers would enjoy it immensely.
D
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The audiobook is amazing.
Selah Pike
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely funny book, made even more hilarious by the brilliant Katherine Kellgren!
Noah Abell
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish there were more of these books! I am emailing the author to ask her.
Elizabeth
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A solid final installment for Hilary and Co, and a good ending for the gargoyle, yay!
Saundra
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much!
Martin Such
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
good fun for kids.
Kati
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
My girls loved this series. They are super bummed to see it end.
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis- Hilary Westfield, the Terror of the Southlands, and her ragamuffin crew of pirates are back in an all new adventure! And it all started when three pirates came out to Westfield manor (Hilary’s parents’ house, where she was staying for a little vacation) in regards to an ad that she didn’t put out. The ad, apparently, said that Hilary was going up against the pirate Blacktooth’s presidency of the Very Nearly Honourable League of Pirates. After all, Captain Blacktooth was part of the kin ...more
Joseph McKnight
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A thrilling conclusion to the series.

• Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (Emily Windsnap, #3)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Emily Windsnap, #2)
  • Thursdays with the Crown (Castle Glower, #3)
  • Fridays with the Wizards (Castle Glower, #4)
  • Wednesdays in the Tower (Castle Glower, #2)
  • The Worst Class Trip Ever (The Worst, #1)
  • Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #4)
  • The Hero's Guide to Being an Outlaw (The League of Princes, #3)
  • Tales From the Hood
  • Wayside School Beneath the Cloud of Doom
  • Saturdays at Sea (Castle Glower, #5)
  • Switched (Fairy Tale Reform School #4)
  • The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes, #1)
  • The Unmapped Sea (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, #5)
  • Tricked (Fairy Tale Reform School #3)
  • The Long-Lost Home (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, #6)
  • Max Einstein: Rebels With A Cause (Max Einstein, #2)
  • A Dastardly Plot
Caroline Carlson is the author of funny and fantastical books for young readers, including The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates trilogy, The World’s Greatest Detective, and The Door at the End of the World. Her novels have won accolades from the New York Times, the American Booksellers Association, Bank Street College of Education, the American Library Association, and Junior Library Guild, ...more

The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates (3 books)
  • Magic Marks the Spot (The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates, #1)
  • The Terror of the Southlands (The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates, #2)