Start by marking “Matefinder (Matefinder, #1)” as Want to Read:
Matefinder (Matefinder, #1)

Matefinder

(Matefinder #1)

Werewolves, facing the threat of extinction, desperately seek their mates to bear young. Aurora, a human far removed from the supernatural world, is nearing her own end after being fatally injured in a car accident.

Kai, an Alpha werewolf, lurks in the nearby trees watching her bleed out. He chooses to save her the only way he knows how, by changing her. No one is prepared
Paperback, First Edition, 296 pages
Published December 24th 2014 by Indigo House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Matefinder, please sign up.
Leia Stone I am thinking June/July 2015. I have set a date with my editor and I am writing away! It's going to be good!

Kayta
Aug 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
Before I begin this review, let me start with the fact that this book was sooo terribly written that I specifically CREATED A PROFILE ON GOODREADS JUST TO LEAVE A REVIEW. It was that bad. Also, there are spoilers.

First off, it is way, way, WAY too fast paced. I mean, the MC just accepts everything. There is absolutely no conflict when her entire world is completely flipped upside down and she ALMOST DIES. She is just like, "Werewolves? Ok. Witches? Ok. Vampires? Ok. This dude mauled me and now I
Pkay
Oct 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: meh, dropped
No real development of characters. No in depth description and sometimes difficult to keep up because of these things. Very fast paced. The story line was interesting but it could have been written so much better. I believe it would have been better if Stone actually took the time to have developed the story and characters better. Instead she just smacks you with the plot one after another.
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who like fast paced books, people who like shifter books, magic books, vampire books
Wow wow wow.

This book was amazing, I loved it. I started it last night about quarter to 8pm and got more than 85% through before I needed to go to bed. This morning I woke up and finished the book. I was hooked by page one. It starts off with Aurora having a bad accident and Kai changing her into a werewolf. Each changed werewolf has a gift and they won't know what her's is until her first shift. Also werewolves mate for life, and in this book, the werewolf pairs are the opposite looking wolf in
JAIME
May 30, 2016 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
So, sometimes there is a reason a book is free.

Good lord. What I read of that, was BAD.
Hollie
This read had a good mix of paranormal beings and a lot of potential but there were several aspects that kept me from really liking it. here they are:
* insta-love
* no sex or romance in my opinion-they meet, know they are mates, say they love each other and that's it. No depth or chemistry
* the heroine was portrayed as too much of a badass - she was changed which hardly ever happens,she turns out to be the most powerful with ever, she's a matefinder, she discovers a new gift every few chapters..
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
⚡ Read for the KU Shitathon 2018 Challenge™ over at the MacHalos

••• The Book summed up in a picture: •••

Was it a quick read? Yeap.
Was it so quick it made you nauseous? *gagging sounds* Yeap.
Was it giving me a case of the hates? Yes, yes it did. *hate intensifies*
Was this horrible? Yes, yes it was.

Not gona waste time, space or magic spirit finger powers on an analysis for this. Just know that it was very badly written, speed of sound fast, blurry and the heroine needs to be dead yesterday.
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
1.5 / 5 stars

I picked this up on a whim after seeing it in the kindle unlimited section, and I was a little hesitant. From the blurb, there was a risk that this would run incredibly cliche. Unsurprisingly, this was cliche from the very beginning, and only got worse from there.

College student Aurora (which is the first major cliche part, the names just give me flashbacks to my wattpad days where all the female characters were 'Aurora' and the guys 'Ryder') drives her car off a mountain while try
Mita
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
As far as stories go, Matefinder wasn't a bad one. In fact, it was uniquely interesting and well thought out, but it was very poorly written.
Not in the typical fashion you see in some electronic books out there with the grammatical errors and elementary concepts, but rather in the lack of substance, transition, and flow over all.
As a surface, shallow attempt at storytelling, Matefinder would get five stars, but for a GOOD READ? It falls far short.
Erin
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
*****3.5 stars*****

I will admit, there is a big part of me that loves the idea of destined 'mates', and stories that are built around the idea of souls connecting the instant they meet have always been a guilty pleasure read for me. So I was excited to dive into a werewolf story entirely built upon the concept, and Leia Stone has created an intriguing world with her supernatural beings and their newly found matefinder. Aurora has been turned at her death bed, alpha Kai seeing her bleeding out an
Rachel
Enjoyed this so much that I almost finished it in a day! Matefinder is a fast paced/never boring werewolf paranormal romance. I found the main character Aurora refreshing. -Smart/brave/upfront with her feelings. Not whiny!!! -Love that she didn’t loose her mind and jump into everything with the love interest right away.

Kai is swoonworthy. His Indian heritage added a lot of interest to his character. I also enjoyed the secondary characters and world building. –Can’t wait for the next book!!! Glad
Rebecca
Apr 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
I received a free copy of this book through a Good Reads giveaway.

There was potential here as a paranormal romance, but the author seems to have put aside character and relationship development in favor of too many ideas. It's not enough to develop Aurora's relationship with Kai or her dealing with becoming a werewolf (which could have been an interesting novel), Aurora had an abusive childhood, killed her father, runs a battered women's shelter, finds out she was adopted, and is also a witch, i
Riya Kite
Feb 16, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
*2 or 1 or why bother rating*

DID NOT FINISH

...for the following reasons:

1. The instalove was terrible...even the wolves mate for life thing wasn't appealing enough to make me like the romance.

2. I like a kickass powerful heroine who is jaded any day...but this was nuts. She had an abusive father....she survives the “change” and becomes a werewolf and that too a super dominant one and gets promoted to beta wolf and she is super special(apparently a one only matefinder). She has 2 unique gifts. Sh
Tessa
Sep 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, paranormal
DNF at 72%. The writing seemed more geared towards children and the lack of conflict drives me nuts. There is "conflict" but no actual danger from it. We fight... oh, look. A paragraph later, we win. The h is a Mary Sue and the H never argues with her, even if she does stuff that he doesn't like. It's annoying.

Good plot idea, but just not written well.
T00zday
2.5 stars.
CLIFFHANGER.
I appear to have gotten sucked into Young Adult novel.

Only recommended as filler.
taveena kade
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
i want a kai

self note: reread 5/8/18
H.M.C. H.M.C.
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. I've put a fair few books down recently but not this one. An awesome read!
Cindy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong female

Aurora is a strong female character pushed into an amazing world. She has had a difficult life with an abusive father and the loss of her brother. I think this trauma is the reason why she is so strong and makes such a dominant wolf. I enjoyed her struggles with her feelings for Kai and the push and pull relationship at the beginning. I especially respect their ability to abstain from mating until the ceremony.
Dee
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i recommend this book if you want a fast light read.... I gave it three stars because although it started off good towards the end I just started to roll my eyes at a lot of the things that kept being repeated through the book.

Kai and Aurora had no chemistry what so ever maybe other readers saw it but I didn't see it nor feel it. I didn't like the fact that although they were mates she refused to somehow mate with him which I think is the reason why there was no chemistry between them. the conce
Ray
Sep 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
“Tragic past, check.
Inhumanly beautiful, check.
Special snowflake syndrome, check.
Coveted by most people, check.
Savior of every single problem in the book, check.
Perfect balance of kind but courageous badass, check.
Talented, check.
Cool and completely suave in any situation, check.
Chosen one, check.”

The doctor looks up from his clip board to the book lying in the bed before him. His eyes are full of sympathy as he says, “Matefinder, I am so sorry to bring you bad news, but you have a terrible ca
Anne
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm familiar with Leia Stone because of the Ash series that she's written with Jaymin Eve, whose writing I love.

This is the story of Aurora, who plans a weekend at a friend's cabin in Mount Hood.
But she is in a terrible car crash, and she knows she's dying.

Kai, an alpha werewolf sees that she's dying, also, and he wants to give her a chance at life.
He does the only thing he knows that will keep her alive -- he turns her from human to werewolf.

Aurora, who had no idea that a supernatural world ex
BookReaderInLuv
Jul 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: who likes cringy stuff, who likes werewolfs i guess, who likes being hurt,
OMG I REALLY HATED THIS BOOK! There are fan fictions written better than this. PERIOD. If you want the whole pack (hah i'm so punny), I absolutely suggest this book to you. There is sexism, stupid reason for not eating certain food, a really fast paced writing. So much that you don't understand a thing about what is happening. Don't get me wrong, I found this book really funny, but equally cringe, I don't know how many times I did the "The Office" stare without knowing.

description

This is even my first boo
Laura Gelinas
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was just the fast paced kind of Fantasy Paranormal romance book I needed!

If you could combine the romance Bella and Edward had in Twilight and make it about Werewolves instead, with a dash of witches and FBI agents, then that is just what Matefinder was for me.

Aurora is the most beautiful blonde girl who was on the brink of death after a car accident, when she is changed into a Werewolf and given eternal life by one sexy guy who also happens to be a Werewolf named Kai.

One fast paced event
Coyora Dokusho
God, that was pretty horrible... why did I do that to myself... I could have just ran away at full speed but I got obsessed with getting it out of my kindleunlimited queue.... There was a TON of potential but it was just all squandered away...

completely unrelated note: this Captured by the Cyborg has the same model on the cover...
Ari Reavis
This was a very good book. Usually books with wolves, vampires, and witched are pretty much the same, but I was so intrigued by this book. Between the fights between packs, fights with vampires, wondering if you should trust this person or that person, it was so good. Nice touches of romance throughout the book form the main character and other pack members. Can't wait to read the next installment.
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
In complete honesty, this book wasn't well written enough to be worth more than 3 stars. It has a fun plot and was addicting, but it just wasn't on par with most published fiction I read. BUT, I really did enjoy it, and I want to read the rest of the books in the trilogy.
Whit
4.5 Stars

If you know anything about me, you know I love a good werewolf story.

I seem to always want to talk about what annoyed me before I talk about everything I loved, which annoys me about myself. But, whatever. So, only one thing really bothered me, which is huge because typically there's more.
Here it goes: Aurora was special. (Gasps all around.)
(view spoiler)
Maira
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I was so torn between giving this book 3 or 4 stars. If I were planning this book and starting with a timeline of events, then Leia Stone started off well. Unfortunately, she stopped there because there was no execution after that. This is one of those stories where I'll be saying "the movie was better than the book". In case you missed that part, yes it is under consideration for the movies.

This book lacked depth, every character could have had his or her own story but it fell flat, especially
Ash
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Rachel Beamin'
The best part of this book?

The cover.

The end.

The book read at warp speed. I am almost positive it traveled fast than light.

Let me set the mood:

Girl driving along the road sees a family of deer and decides it would be so much better to fly off the side of a mountain than to hit the said deers.

While she lay upside down with a tree impaled into her gut dying she sees yellow eyes approach her. She is bitten.

BOOM.

She’s a werewolf. – You don’t say!

A vegan werewolf (wouldn’t that be an oxymoron?)
Kennedy Saunders
Jul 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I only finished this book because once I start something I feel the need to follow through. This book was extremely fast pace and there was NO character development whatsoever. Plus there was so much going on throughout the entire book. I feel like one of the reasons why it seems so fast pace is because the author didn’t make any reference to the time that has passed. Everything seems like it’s back to back to back but at one point she mentioned that a month already passed and I couldn’t even te ...more
Mrs. Anderson's E...: Matefinder 1 4 Apr 25, 2016 03:38PM
  • New Regime (Rune Alexander #5)
  • The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)
  • Mated to the Alphas
  • Lily (The Blackwood Wolves Saga, #1)
  • Unclaimed (The Master and His Soul Seer Pet, #3)
  • Healed (Rebirth, #2)
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • Unearthed (The Heights, #2)
  • Vampire Trouble (Dead in the City, #2)
  • A Step into the Dark (Ollie Wit, #1)
  • Wrath and Bones (The Marnie Baranuik Files #4)
  • Artifacts, Dragons, and Other Lethal Magic (The Dowser #6)
  • Burn (Dragon Souls, #2)
  • Rightfully His
  • King of Beasts
  • In the Light of the Moon (Dark War Chronicles #1)
  • Hellhound Defined (Kasadya,#4)
Leia Stone is the USA TODAY bestselling author of the Matefinder series which is optioned for flim, and the Hive Trilogy. She lives in Arizona with her husband, two kids and her dog. When she is not chasing around her twin son and daughter, or writing, she has her nose shoved in a book. She wrote her first book when she was 23 years old. Keep reading and live with purpose.

ht

Matefinder (3 books)
  • Devi (Matefinder, #2)
  • Balance (Matefinder, #3)
“Nahuel’s face took on a relaxed expression as his eyes clouded over turning white. “This pairing is blessed by Spirit.” As Sadie and Brett held hands, Nahuel began to braid the four strings together. “I join your souls as one. May you have no secrets from one another. I join your souls as one. May you protect one another until death. I join your souls as one. May you respect each other as equals, regardless of pack rank. I join your souls as one. May fertility be bestowed upon your family. I join your souls as one. May you love each other for the rest of your long, long lives. It is done, so be it.” The braid was complete and the entire altar was coated in fine mist. Sadie and Brett stared into each other’s eyes and silent tears began to fall on their cheeks.” 1 likes
“As a council member, I am telling you not to marry my son. You will bring danger to yourself, your pack, and our kind. As your father-in-law, I want you and my son to be happy. I want you to have children and experience every beautiful thing that life has to offer. Whatever you choose, you will have my blessing.” 0 likes