Start by marking “One Sinful Night in Sao Paulo” as Want to Read:
One Sinful Night in Sao Paulo

One Sinful Night in Sao Paulo

Cassie Wilson has traveled to Brazil for her brother’s wedding; yet she’s the one with cold feet. She’s all set to begin seminary, but she’s sick and tired of being treated like a saint, especially by the best man. What she really needs is one sexy night with him to ease her jitters and give her a taste of normal life.

Adam Forrester crashed and burned at his dream job, sc
Published January 5th 2015 by Entangled: Select Contemporary

To ask other readers questions about One Sinful Night in Sao Paulo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Sinful Night in Sao Paulo

new_user
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I only docked a star for shortness, but I could relate to Cassie's objections to being put on a pedestal. For more info, see every woman in hijab, lol.

Also, 100 points for a love interest who doesn't mind-read in bed or somehow know what all women want without asking. The couple work on learning each other together.
Caro
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars.

To be honest, this wasn’t what I was expecting when I first started, it was better.

We have Cassie, on one corner. A girl who’s always been labeled as the good girl, so good that no guy wanted to be closer to her. I mean, how could anyone measure up to a girl who’s going to seminary? But the thing is, she was just a normal girl, wanting to date, find love and do all the things other young people do. I liked that about her, the fact that she had two sides of her: one that was perceived
Albert
Jan 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Okay if you are looking for a book with lots of sex and every page dripping with orgasms and positions and acts you wouldn't do but want to read about. This one wont be for you. But if you want a book about emotions and the proverbial one that got away, this might be it.

Cassie Wilson is in Brazil for her brother's wedding. Cassie has always been the good girl. The one who makes the right decisions. The one that will always be predictable. She is ready to join the seminary but for once she would
Amanda Menninga
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cassie has lusted after her brothers best friend Adam since age 16. They had a near miss one night when Adam was beyond drunk. He keeps apologizing to her 3 years later, but she can't figure out what for. At her brothers wedding in Brazil she figures out Adam doesn't remember what happened and she wants to do everything she can to make them happen.

Adam doesn't want to want his best friends little sister. Especially as she is going to Seminary school and he has no idea what exactly that entails
Rosemary K
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cassie Wilson is just starting on a new path. After her brother's wedding, she's beginning seminary school. Right now she wants just one thing - one night with the best man. Adam Forrester is her brother's best friend. He's been attracted to Cassie for years. He wants her, but he can't seduce her. He promised her brother he wouldn't. Things are going to get strange, because she wants him to be her lover. I liked Cassie and her determined attitude. Adam is trying to get his life back on track. Th ...more
Bette Hansen
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable quick read that was completely entertaining. Cassie is in Sao Paolo for her brothers wedding just before she is scheduled to start her seminary program. Adam her brother's best friend, best man, and the object of Cassie's affection since her youth. What Cassie wants more than anything is one night with Adam to taste what a normal life is like but he has her firmly on the off limits list. You definitely need to get this one and find out what happens! It's a great one and I highly ...more
Pat
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fairly tale wedding in Brazil, the maid of honor heading to the seminary and the best man who humiliated her in the past, but she is still in love with. What could be more fun? Full review on http://www.tbqsbookpalace.com
Kelly
Feb 01, 2015 added it
Oh, I loved this book.

Review to come.
Chrissy
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a highly recommended read..... This is a great book and a great author, a truly great book....... Get yours today!
Barbara James
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This novella should have been a full length book!

The basic story line was on point, a young woman about to enroll in seminary is facing a conundrum that many single clergywoman face. Cassie wants to date but she finds that her calling to ordained ministry puts her in a box labeled "untouchable/un-dateable."

But that is not how she sees herself. She has always had a crush on Adam, her brother's best friend from high school, but he has always kept her at a distance, more so because he fears runni
Elisabeth Lane
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
One Sinful Night in Sao Paulo was an eagerly anticipated read for me. I had read one of Amber Belldene's paranormals and, sadly, vampires not being my cup of tea, wasn't hugely enthusiastic about it. However, I have enjoyed Belldene's writings on the Wonkomance blog tremendously so I had a feeling that I might have a greater appreciation for a contemporary offering.

The premise of One Sinful Night is that soon-to-be seminary student Cassie goes to Sao Paulo for her brother's wedding. Though she
Rosario (http://rosario.blogspot.com/)
I was on my way to buy another of Belldene's books based on a review, but as soon as I saw that she had a novella set in São Paulo, I got that one instead. Urban Latin American settings are remarkably lacking from pretty much all sorts of fiction in English (in fact, the only other two I can think of are a Kathy Reichs mystery and Ann Patchett's Bel Canto). There are plenty of books with jungle or Mexican desert settings, some rural towns, but almost no big cities. This was irresistible.

The book
Gigi staub
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-entangled

Adam Forrester crashed and burned at his dream job, screwing up all his hopes for a better life. Now he’s moved home to start over, but first he must confront the irresistible Cas
Autumn
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2015
Cassie traveled all the way to Brazil with mixed feelings. She’s thrilled that her brother has found the love of his life and her whole family will be there to celebrate his wedding. But she doesn’t want to face Adam Forrester again after that one unforgettable night.

Now she’s on the verge of entering the Seminary and her life is about to change in ways that frighten her. In truth, what she really fears is never spending another passionate night with Adam.

Adam always thought that Cassie was off
tyrianpurple
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arr-arc-r2r
Amber Belldene - One Sinful Night in Sao Paulo

Literature quality :: 4 stars
Enjoyment quantitiy :: 4 stars

Cassie Wilson. Seminary student. Grey eyes. Brown hair.
Adam Forrester. The best man. Sandy hair. Brown eyes. Dimpled chin.

Contemporary. Brazil. 3rd POV, alternating.

Thank you publisher/author for not text-copy protected the review copy i received. It makes requoting easier to include in the review, no need to retype it. Really appreciate it.

Typical, "meet a hot bod in brother's wedding why no
Maria Rose
This romance novella is the story of Cassie and Adam. Cassie plans to start seminary school but still has feelings for her brother's best friend Adam. When she gets the chance to act on those feelings with him, will they see it as a one time fling or be willing to go the distance?

I quite enjoyed this story! I thought the setting was very unique - having a story set in Sao Paulo Brazil obviously requires an attention to detail in terms of language and culture (especially food) and this was admira
Elaine
Cassie Wilson is about to start training in seminary but before this she has travelled to Brazil to participate in the wedding of her brother. She may be training to be a priest but she is really fed up of being 'good' and treated like a saint. She is particularly fed up of Adam Forrester, her brother's best friend, who treats her in this manner. Adam has always been attracted to Cassie but was warned off by his best friend, her brother. He can't remember what happened one drunken night with Cas ...more
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
**My thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing LLC, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a great novella that has you turning the pages quickly and although Cassie is going to the seminary it is not too much spiritually relating that it spoils the story.

Cassie and Adam have a great chemistry and you can see their past and their feelings flow in this story. Adam with his issues that Cassie is his best friends sister and therefore off-limits event though her has wante
Jessica Alcazar
I REALLY loved this little story! It was sexy and sweet and very very naughty hot! The history that Cassie and Adam shared made for a very sexy present day encounter! The banter between them was so easy and made the story realistic for me. It was just FUN! Adam was such a nice guy and Cassie was SO determined and confident. Very refreshing combination! Their story is not exactly long, but it wasn't lacking either. I REALLY liked that the HEA was more understood than stated. Also very refreshing! ...more
Richard
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Delightful, hot story; quite short, too.
-- The biggest drawback is that it's so short.. the conflict doesn't get much time to develop.

The romance is between hot-dude and his best friend's sister; who've had the hots for each other for years, but 'cause he's kindof a screw-up, and she's perceived as 'high and mighty', things had never struck off.
So, they each have their own internal conflict to deal with. In her case, she's also a bit uncertain about her ability to lead a 'normal' life while abou
Samantha Macdouglas
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One Sinful Night in Sao Paulo is a stunningly rich and full novella. I am not normally a fan of novellas and short stories, but Ms. Belldene's world is immersive and even in the short time I had with the characters, I really felt like I knew them almost better than my best friend. The story, itself is beautifully written and although you will leave wanting more, you will be completely fulfilled.

The author captures the romantic, crazy, heart-breaking chaos of a wedding perfectly. Her characters a
Lori
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a quick short fun read. Very relatable. Cassie had a crush on Adam since she was young. He gave her hope they could be together and then took it away. During her brother's wedding ritual, Cassie wanted Adam for at least one night. She held strong at each of his rejections. I liked that about her. She was not a pushover but a hopeful romantic. She was strong in her convictions even though she felt so strongly for Adam. I am glad Adam acted as he did in the end. It wasn't a very angsty bo ...more
Nancy
Dec 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Cassie has been in love with her brother’s best friend for eight long years, but to him she is off limits. After sharing a drunken night with her four years ago that he really can’t remember much about, he has not seen or spoke to her since. Now with her the maid of honor and he the best man for her brother’s wedding will they finally find what they both what?

I enjoy this quick novella but wished it had more about the characters lives. I just didn’t get a real feel for them and found the story a
Sally Kilpatrick
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella. Really. Maybe it's the good girl I used to be, but I love the tale of a woman who's going to seminary, but she really wants to be treated as. . . a woman. This book does get steamy, but, hey, Song of Solomon, yo! It's the emotional resonance of a woman making a big decision while worried she's giving up on being human AND a young man who sees himself as unworthy and, thus, her as untouchable. My heart ached for both characters--well done!
Brittany
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review. This was a pretty good hot and steamy fast read. this is about two people that have been fighting their attraction to each other for many years and finally give in to temptation. It was a good read I just would have loved more details.
Kira Schlesinger
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I'm not usually a reader of romance, but since I "know" Amber through Twitter and wanted to support a fellow Episcopal priest, I purchased and read her novella. This is a quick read and very engaging. Both of the characters "pop", and part of me wondered if Amber had been inside of my head as I was about to start seminary! Hey, being the good girl isn't always easy...
Anna Lenhart
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cassie has been in love with her brother's best friend Adam for most of her adult life. They are thrown together by her brother's wedding, and eventually give into there feelings. Each has a complicated past that is influencing their future decisions...

This was a suprisingly sexy yet sweet novel! I enjoyed reading it. I was given a arc copy for an honest review.
Betsy
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Characters: Seminarian, brother's best friend
World Building: Brazil, food and drink
Plot: One wedding weekend
Sex: Medium. Emotional.
Read another: Yes.

I love Belldene's ability to connect desire and the divine.
Stacy McKitrick
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, romance
I love Amber's books. Whether they be paranormal or contemporary. Long or short. She tells a good story. I had fun reading this. So much so, I walked on the treadmill way longer than I had intended. See... she's good for my health, too! :)
Claudia
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I definitely liked the setting but I wanted more character development and I got tired of the repeated "I'm not good enough for you"-s from the hero.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amberbelldene
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmberBelldene
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/amberbelldene/
Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/WF3j5

Amber Belldene grew up on the Florida panhandle, swimming with alligators, climbing oak trees and diving for scallops…when she could pull herself away from a book.  As a child, she hid her Nancy Drew novels inside the church