Start by marking “Relapse (Breakers, #7)” as Want to Read:
Relapse (Breakers, #7)

Relapse

(Breakers #7)

New to the series? Get the first three books for just $0.99: amazon.com/dp/B00E9YL3HM/

____

Anson's army has driven Raina from the mainland, but the war is far from over. From the safety of Catalina Island, she launches a guerrilla campaign, meaning to weaken him cut by cut.

She finds herself matched at every step by his grimly determined lieutenant, Lowell. With progress slo
Published December 16th 2014 (first published December 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Relapse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relapse

Start your review of Relapse (Breakers, #7)
Carole
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Good book, love the return of Ness and Sebastian, again he managed to keep the reader so interested that you just had to know how it finished, Hurry and bring out the next book please as I am really looking forward to reading it.

Doug Peters
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mostly-audiobook
I'm so close to giving this a 4/5 because of Raina and Lowell, a new character. Their development and backstory, respectively, saved what was very much a middle-of-a-trilogy story. Weird for the 7th book of a series to be that way, but whatever. It is all leading up to the next book, which is the last. It is shaping up to be an epic one.

Overall, I've enjoyed this series, but not nearly as much as Robertson's Cycle of Arawn/Galand/Scour books. We'll see if its finale changes my mind.
Julie Powell
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying this series - well-written, great characters, intriguing plot, plenty of action, thought-provoking, wise and humorous.

Book seven takes us in all manner of places as the characters battle for survival. I particularly like the humour - laugh out loud sometimes - which is a perfect foil for all the brutality and seriousness of the story itself.

I also like how we can follow characters from the rest of the series. Cleverly done.

Highly recommended.
Christian
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ness and Sebastian are the funniest combo in the book. I love the banter they have with each other especially towards the end during some stressful parts. "NESS WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO FOREVER PARK THE SUB ON THE REEF????!!!!! BE QUIET AND SIT DOWN" lol

Or when he calls out Ness saying that he has a thing for Tristan haha
Peter Parslow
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
As I mentioned - don't start with this book. The series is really one story, to be read from the beginning. Well, often it's three simultaneous stories which sometimes weave together.

I've bought - and started - the next (& final) episode.
Lisa
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Too Good for Words

I never want this fantastic series to end. It's just THAT GOOD. Excellent character development and story intrigue that simply compels you to keep reading. It's funny, sad, scary, anxious and oh so much more. 💙
Karlyn
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’ve enjoyed this installation in the story line. I like the story arc and am looking forward to the final. I enjoy these characters and the culmination of their story lines.
Kim
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
One more to go!
Joanne
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
can't wait til next bk, but it's the last one so will wait a bit!!! ...more
Jan
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this series.
Emma
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always forget what happens in book 7, as I think I mix it up a bit with the final book. It is a little slow to start, especially before you realise there is a third narrative involving Ness, Tristan, Sebastian and friends. And then of course, you are sucked into the book. I really enjoy a big chunk of the story being in Australia/NZ, as being so far out of the way generally leaves us Aussies out of most stories. My only critique, is that Dr Gohel most certainly lived in the "bush" and not the ...more
Barry Bozeman
The best deals on this series for audible listeners is to purchase the Kindle version and add the Audible for $8 = $11 or 12 for both versions vs $15 for Audible only. 5
Many of the new post-apocalyptic series books go for $14 or 15 for 6 or 7 hours but this series has respectable 13 to 14-hour segments for excellent characters in intertwining storylines that eventually see each of the dozen or so main characters come together for the final series ending battles .
85% of humanity dies from a worl
Brian Switzer
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The best book of the series

Readers of The Breakers series have come to know its characters like they know their friends (or in some cases their enemies) and Relapse, the seventh and penultimate book in the series shows the characters at their finest. Over the course of the book they converge in the same location (with plenty of twists, turns, abductions, battles and a regicide along the way). By the time you get to the cliffhanger scene that sets up the final book in the series you realize you
Vic Falconer
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book in this series!!

This has been a truly entertaining read for me. Robertson has once again paced the action very well and overlapped the differing character stories into a cohesive whole. If you haven't read any of this series, what are you waiting for? Raina, Mauser, Ness, Sebastian, Tristan, Sprite, Sam, Walt & Carrie are about to kick ass once again in the final book and I am really looking forward to it. Here's to you Mr. Robertson!!
Lara
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

I'm a lifelong fantasy and sci-if fan and wasn't sure what to expect from a modern day post-plague apocalyptic story, but this kept me reading. Since I stumbled on "Wool" and read Robertson's Cycle of Arawn I knew I needed to give this a shot.

I'm apparently posting for my wife, the next step is to get her to try the books as well. It shouldn't be that difficult since he has such strong female protagonists.
Nicole
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is bittersweet finishing this book. I know I have one more to go before the series is over, and I honestly feel like I could read this series forever. When I first started reading the series back in October, I wasn't particularly hooked. Now, I feel much more invested in the characters, and looking back, I have come to realize how much more meaningful all of their stories have been.
I can't wait to start reading #8 tonight!
® Andy
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
More of the quality that we've come to expect with this series, but breaking with the tradition of two main stories in alternating in chapters. Why? Well across this book it was time to start gathering all the protagonists from the series together ready for the big reveal and the final book ;-). ...more
Gray Family
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great finale to a wonderful series. Some twists and and turns along the way and for a while it's really not very clear how it's all going to pan out. No spoilers, but it was a fitting end and the characters were done justice. Some old faces make a showing too which was a nice touch. ...more
Dawn Taylor
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesomeness

At first I thought the book was moving a little slow but persistence drove me through the first couple chapters then it was all on. I couldn't put it down. I am really looking forward to the final book in the series.
Mike
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sets up the final act for the Breakers series perfectly. The whole series is a combination Sci-fi/medieval knights/royalty mashup. Interesting take on what an apocalypse would be like, if you lived in California.
Mike Abrahams
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another good effort in what has been a consistently thoughtful series despite the pace and cliffhangers at the end of each chapter.

Love the depth in characters like Raina and Ness too.
Loy
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
the seventh one in the series. on to the last one -- this one was good.

tddobo
Jan 05, 2015 added it
Great Series! Can't wait for the finale. ...more
Thomas Shull
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Another very good book in this series. Started reading and could not put it down. Need to start with first book but this is a must read
David Blaylock
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The penultimate chapter in the Breakers series.

I can't wait to see how it all turns out!
Victoria J. Mitchell
Jan 20, 2015 is currently reading it
Good reading

Enjoyable read, keeps your attention. I thought the characters were well thought out with interesting and quirky personality traits .Will continue to follow along.
Nora
Nov 21, 2015
Pat Ward
Jan 01, 2016
Erica Massie
Dec 02, 2016
Carine M Nassar
Mar 17, 2018

• The Last Survivors Box Set: The Complete Post Apocalyptic Series (Books 1-6)
  • Stark Cataclysm (The Aliomenti Saga, #6)
  • Convergence (The Aliomenti Saga, #7)
  • Preserving Will (The Aliomenti Saga, #5)
  • Cookies in the Cottage (The Inn at Holiday Bay)
  • Red Roses (Hope Herring #4)
  • Departure
  • Seeking Refuge (Gateway to Chaos #2)
  • Wretched Wool (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #20)
  • The Wounded Land (The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, #1)
  • Purrfect Cover (The Mysteries of Max Book 25)
  • The One Tree (The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, #2)
  • Purrfect Patsy (The Mysteries of Max Book 26)
  • Ring of Dragons (Age of the Sorcerers—Book Four)
  • Junkyard Cats
  • Of Sand and Snow (The Wings of War, #5)
  • Birth of the Alliance (The Aliomenti Saga, #4)
  • Auberon (The Expanse, #8.5)
Ed is the author of the post-apocalyptic Breakers series and the epic fantasy series The Cycle of Arawn. A former New Yorker and Idaho-guy, he currently lives in the LA area. His short fiction has appeared in a whole bunch of magazines and anthologies.

Breakers (8 books)
  • Breakers (Breakers, #1)
  • Melt Down (Breakers, #2)
  • Knifepoint (Breakers, #3)
  • Reapers (Breakers, #4)
  • Cut Off (Breakers, #5)
  • Captives (Breakers, #6)
  • Blackout (Breakers, #8)