Start by marking “Wanting Mr Wrong” as Want to Read:
Wanting Mr Wrong

Wanting Mr Wrong

Evie Parker has never been one to swoon after celebrities – give her a neuroscientist over an actor any day! So when she develops her first movie-star crush, she’s determined to date her way out of it, starting with the next good-looking doctor she sees.

ebook
Published January 28th 2015 by Random House Australia

To ask other readers questions about Wanting Mr Wrong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanting Mr Wrong

Start your review of Wanting Mr Wrong
Helen
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those feel good fun stories that has so many emotions running through the story you will be laughing out loud smiling and yes I shed a few tears as well, I loved this one from start to finish the characters are so real and alive that you will not want to put this one down till you get to the end.

Evangeline Parker or Evie as she is known to all of her friends comes from a family of well to do Doctors so Evie holds anyone that is in that elite field in high esteem and aims to one da
Lauriel
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Jack... Jack is in love and he doesn't give up. But not in a stalkery I-will-make-you-see-you-are-mine way. No, Jack respects Evie way too much for that. And loves her way too much as well. And poor Evie still hasn't worked through some not-very-savoury stuff that happened in her past. Evie just needed a bit more time to realise that Jack was the one for her.
Love these two, and the way Avril wrote their story.
A Reader's Heaven

Evie Parker has never been one to swoon after celebrities - give her a neuroscientist over an actor any day! So when she develops her first movie-star crush, she's determined to date her way out of it, starting with the next good-looking doctor she sees. Yet hovering on the fringes of her life is her gay best friend's determined brother, Jackson J Stevens, a famous actor who comes with trailing paparazzi. The
Tanu Gill
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book to bits... I fell hard for Jack, he was so witty. He took sarcasm to an art form. I only LIKED Evie. She was testing my patience, along with Drew and Chloe, multiple times. But it's okay. That's the Evie Jack fell in love with.

When the end was approaching, I was planning how my review would go, how it was such a light, fun read, with stomach-cramping-laughter inducing arguments between the protagonists, the personalities of Drew and Chloe to dampen down my frustration with Evi
TSN ☮
Great writing, great hero, Jack, and great supporting characters al well.

Many people have issues with the heroine, Evie, being a "weak snob". Not me. I liked her, and understand that she have issues. Actually she is what raises the book from 3 to 4 stars.
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
3 years, 2 months

More like 1.5 stars. The writing is fine but the heroine is terrible. She was consistently hurtful to the hero. Over and over again. For no REAL reasons. I was SO OVER her.
Sam Still Reading
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of witty romance
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: from the publisher - thank you!
I’m a reader who is captivated by covers. If I fall in love with a cover, this book must be mine. I loved the simplicity of the cover of Wanting Mr Wrong by Avril Tremayne (doesn’t the heroine look despondent at falling in love?) and okay, I liked her hair and lipstick cover. Plus the colouring of the cover made it perfect to read in the lead up to Valentine’s Day!

But as we all know, you can’t judge a book by its cover. So what’s inside Wanting Mr Wrong? This story is a wonderful romantic comedy
Anna Clifton
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Phew! After reading some wonderful but heavy mainstream fiction lately, Avril Tremayne’s ‘Wanting Mr Wrong’ was a welcome change.

Evie and Jack’s ‘new adult’ story took me back to a time of life when floundering around in work and relationships is the norm, and trying to get your head around a long term commitment to another person is a daunting prospect.

Chapter one throws us straight into Evie Parker’s story. She’s fresh out of uni and (I think) in her first job, trying to work out what she wan
Bookeater
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack is the right kind of wrong for Evie, she's just too lovingly stubborn to admit it! I am loving this new author, Avril Tremayne. Her characters are fun and comedic and romantic every single time. This story just sweeps you in and takes you away. I read it in one sitting. Evie is a delight. Jack is a hottie. A nice, hottie. And the secondary characters are a hoot. As usual, I can't wait for the next book! ...more
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! I loved how Hollywood actor Jack kept pursing Evie even though she had such a strong aversion to the media. The story was good and the romance kept me turning the pages. I highly recommend this one!
Tanya Wright
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read an Avril Tremayne book yet that I didn't like! I fall in love with all of her characters. I just loved Evie and Jack's story. Didn't want it to end. ...more
Rachael Ruddick
Love this author. First found her when I read her entry on 'So You Think You Can Write'. ...more
Lisa McNair
What a fun and touching book! Love the cover. The characters are just what you want them to be--sexy, smart. Hot love scenes! I want Mr. Wrong and I want more books from Avril Tremayne!
Kate
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Lara
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
I do love me a good book set in Australia and this was ... set in Australia.

There's nothing wrong with the book per se, it just seemed a little lacking for me. I honestly could't see what Jack saw in Evie other than she's "cute". (He even describes her physically first when he's trying to win her over.)

Evie, on the other hand, seemed overly sensitive, bordering on neurotic. (How many people - including Evie - need to mention getting professional help before she actually gets some?)

Still, the wri
SSShafiq
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Short, very cute book. The couple were great but the heroine came across as a little bit of an idiot. The h pushes a little hard,, which, given the length of the book meant that the pacing of a little off. But that’s a quibble - a longer book would have dragged. The beginning half is better, veeering towards rom-com more than the latter half. The last few chapters veered towards a “wtf” moment for me. The little accident - I was wondering if someone had switched my book. But the last chapter mad ...more
Laura Hannaway
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this. The writing was great, the hero, Jack, and the supporting characters were all wonderful. Particularly Jack, who was both wickedly sexy and achingly romantic. The let down for me was with the heroine, Evie. She was just too weak. Someone she cared about very much betrayed her in the worst way, and so some of her idiosyncrasies can be explained away by that event. And I could see how hurtful and humiliating it would have been. The problem is that by her own account sh ...more
Nikki
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked the next one in the series more. I got a it irritated by Evie. I felt she was a complete cow to our lovely actor. She came across as a complete snob for 75% of the book!!!
SimmieJ
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately the heroine ruined this one for me. Okay writing but I found myself not caring at all about the characters.
Elizabeth
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper
  • Reclaimed by Her Rebel Knight
  • The Day We Met: Four short meet cute love stories (Random Romance)
  • The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss
  • Seducing the Bachelor (The Wilder Brothers #1; Bachelor Auction Returns #3)
  • Running from a Rock Star (Brides on the Run, #1)
  • Let's Get Digital: How to Self-Publish, and Why You Should
  • The Earl's Runaway Governess (Mills & Boon Historical)
  • The Chain
  • Finn (Anderson Billionaires, #1)
  • Echoes of the Runes
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • How To Be Right… in a World Gone Wrong
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • Love Notes (Rivals #0.5)
  • Part-Time Lover (From Paris with Love #2)
  • Mastering Amazon Ads: An Author's Guide
  • The Captain's Disgraced Lady
Lover of funny stuff, steamy stuff, and Campari. ​ Gin too. Okay - and wine. And cheese. Doer of courses. Travel tragic. Italian wannabe. Eater extraordinaire but does not cook. Avid shoe collector.