Start by marking “Something More” as Want to Read:
Something More

Something More

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  291 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Janet Dailey comes a captivating story of a man who's given up, a woman who won't let go, and a race to find a treasure that could bring them wealth and so much more.

Life in Glory, Wyoming, population fifty-one, isn't exactly exciting. The dusty old town isn't even on the map. And for rancher Luke McCallister, that's just fine. Broke
Published July 1st 2007 by Kensington (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Something More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something More

Cathy
Jun 19, 2010 rated it it was ok
A "formula" book. Predictable plot. The only time I took notice was when the old ranch hand said "whom do you suppose..." I kept thinking that maybe he was really someone in disguise - more likely just an editing error.
Erin
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
It was ok. I figured out the big secret about 1/4 the way into the book, and there wasn't even that much romance. I like a lot of romance, so I was disappointed in that.
Ellen
Jan 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
There is a reason it took me so long to finish this book - it's awful. Waste of my time.
Karenzielinski
Feb 25, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
A mystery, a western, a romance. Meh. Recommended by a friend but not my cup of tea. Cliched ending, don't waste your time.
Marianne
Jul 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
I couldn't wait to finish this boring book, and I did not like the ending.
First time with this author, don't think I'll read any more.
Beth
Dec 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Eh. This book could've really used an epilogue. It's classified as a romance but there's really very little of that. It's not a bad story, just not as involved and finished as it could have been.
Stephanie Jenkins ortiz cerrillo
Great read! This is my kind of book. Daily gives you a reason to want to know more from the first few pages on through to the last few pages of the book where there is still yet another twist. This is my first Daily book but now I know to put her on my to read list of authors. I loved the way she painted a picture of Glory and Luke's ranch so well that I had the entire area pictured in my mind. The only complaints I could give on this book would be that I want to know what the future of Luke and ...more
Tamara
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is wonderful mind candy. Full of cowboys, missing gold, intertwined relationships and a happy ending.
NanceryQueen
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
It's a Janet Dailey book. They always tend to be the same. It's something to read.
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn't finish this book. I don't really enjoy books where the heroine is so helpless and has to be rescued all the time so that I more my preference. I eventually quit reading it and returned the book to the library.
Rachelle
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was such a sweet read. For a change I read a book that really just focused on the characters and the story. I loved reading how each of the characters showed what their weaknesses were and as the story progressed they started to confront each of their issues and began to realize that all they really wanted was already right there in front of them. It was easy to relate with each of the characters as well and understand why they felt the way they did because I think each of us have been in t ...more
KDawn
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Well, while the story was cute, I found the writing in this one overly melodramatic. Let's face it, do I need details about 'why' he drank his milk (to flush his half chewed food) or us it enough to just say he sipped his milk? I realized half way through that the author used to write romance novels and that explained a lot. There was just far to much detail in the wrong things. Still, the story was cute and I DID finish it! So, I don't know that I'd pick up another of her books or not. The char ...more
Rae
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was a beautiful story set in the beautiful state of Wyoming about a woman in possession of a letter from her great, great grandfather that tells where he hid the gold after a train robbery before he was hanged for his crime. A story of family, loss, greed, love. Loved it.
Jlebreton
Nov 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good book but it wasn't really something I went crazy for. The story line was quite interesting but the romance was completely missing from a story that I think could have used it. The ending as well was a little anticlimactic. Overall, not so bad a read.
Emilie
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Best lines:

On one hand, a man would be a champion fool to look for something that isn't there. But on the other, what if it is, and he just sits on his duff? It strikes me that fella is dumber than the first
Swhe641200
Sep 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
September 2011 Joyce Smith book about a granddaughter who goes to Wyoming to claim her grandfather's body. Good Story.
Sunshinejulie
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked the ending to this book. It made me think about all the things I sometimes take for granted that I have in my life.
Tatrd
Nov 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Not really any romance but a good book.
Helen Peter
Jul 27, 2011 rated it liked it
A story of a woman's search for buried treasure and the journey to find it.
Linda Dew
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Janet Dailey always a great read. Loved her Calder series best.
Julianne
Mar 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Wyoming cowboy, Iowa farmgirl, a town so small it isn't even on the map, its gossipy proprietor and buried treasure! Several interesting characters make this a pretty good Western adventure!
Julianne
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Very predictable
Christel
Jul 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Christel by: fan of author
Not one of her best but it was okay.
Becky
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Listened to this audiobook when I wanted a brainless story. It was certainly predictable, but if you want an easy read with no thinking, it's ok.
Aleta
Jan 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Ehhh... nice story - but what a fairytale happy ending! Not really realistic.
April
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
An okay, easy read but very predictable.
Angie
Mar 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked this "brain candy", but I wasn't crazy about the ending.
Meaghan
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun story with a happy ending
Kresti Lyddon
Sep 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice, easy read - like most Janet Dailey books. I wanted more of a romance, though, and although there is some, the book ends before the romance really blossoms.
Nancy
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: listening-to
I like this kind of story to listen to in my car.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • What the Kid Says (and Sometimes What I Say)
  • The Princess and the Cowboy
  • The Millionaire She Married (Bravo Family, #5; Conveniently Yours, #5)
  • Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3)
  • A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest
  • The Unforgiving Bride (Hawk's Way #6)
  • Redemption (Royal Blood Chronicles, #7)
  • Psych Investigation Episodes: Episode IV
  • The Budapest House
  • The Harder They Fall
  • Away with the Fairies
  • Doing Bizness
  • The Cruel Ever After (Jane Lawless, #18)
  • High Stakes: Gypsy Wind\Devil's Gambit
  • The Yukon Queen: 1896 (The House of Winslow)
  • Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Sequels Bundle: Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife, Mr. Darcy's Diary, Mr. and Mrs Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One
  • Billion-Dollar Baby Bargain
  • Off Limits
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...