Start by marking “My Lady Vixen” as Want to Read:
My Lady Vixen

My Lady Vixen

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  490 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Possessed of an innocent ethereal beauty, Alexa Ashley knew nothing of the burning hatred Adam Foxworth felt for her family. Abducted by his men, held prisoner aboard a notorious privateering ship, she succumbed to Adam's masterful seduction--only to learn she had been nothing but a pawn in his game of revenge.

Driven by despair, Alexa made a new name for herself as the bol
Published April 1st 2004 by Leisure Books (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about My Lady Vixen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lady Vixen

Twiggy
Ridiculous but bizarrely readable

Ok, at 100 pages in, and it is self evident that the heroine is: TSTL

The book opens with Lady Alexa celebrating her engagement to the drunken Charles, who tries to force himself on her in the summer house.

This doesn't seem to upset her too much, although she is rather grateful when Adam Foxworth, Earl of Penwell, interrupts and apparently saves the day. Adam however has an ulterior motive, and kidnaps the h and brings her on board a ship, captained by the famous
Kathrynn
Dec 24, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Set in 1763, mostly in England this book was one of the worst historical romance books I have ever had the misfortune to read. In hindsight, I should have thrown it in the trash long before finishing it, but being a fan of this author I could not believe the premise this one took and thought it would turn around. It didn't.

The main male character (Adam) was a complete asshole that never redeemed himself. His character started out with him on a
mission of revenge for something Alexa's family did
SmartBitches
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

So the basic premise is this: Adam Foxworth’s father died in a duel with Alexa Ashley’s father, because Adam’s father was banging Alexa’s mother, and Adam swore revenge upon Alexa’s father. 15 years later, Adam has some how become the Earl of Penwell, and kidnaps Alexa from her own engagement ball (after her fiancé tries to claim his husbandly rights by force) and spirits her away to his remote castle in Cornwall. His intention is to ruin her by banging
Elle
Sep 25, 2011 rated it liked it
I was torn throughout on this one. The author successfully engaged my emotions and enlisted my empathy for the heroine, so I have to say I liked it on the whole. But that's also why I was so frustrated through the story, and why I really needed to see the alpha-jerk "hero" show real, honest remorse, not just "gee, sweetie, I'm sorry I hurt your little feelings," but a real gut check that shows he's a better man.

The "hero" initially abducts the heroine as part of a scheme to avenge his father, w
Michelle Connolly
Hmm... This book was cheesy, unrealistic, weird, boring at times, exciting at some point, ridiculous, laughable, silly... but entertaining.
(spoiler alert)
What bugged me the most was the fact that after sleeping with Adam as both him and the Fox MANY TIMES she couldn't tell he was the same man. This was just ridiculous!
You don't need to see a person's face to recognize them if you're having sex with them, fgs! People have scars, beauty spots, a personal scent & taste.
But what's worse, Adam
Splage
Typical bodice ripper with forced seduction, adultery, revenge, jealousy, love triangles, lots of adventure. Characterizations were not overly connecting with me, but there was lots of excitement with the plot. It seemed very Beatrice Small to me with the characters really hating each other until they were madly in love in the last 20 pages also some harshness and cruelty from H to h. I do usually like this author's style and I have read some better books by her, but I did like this one.
McKenna
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book came out in the 'Bodice Ripper' era of books. And none of these books have aged well. What was acceptable in the 80's and 90's is just not considered romantic now. This one is not one of Connie Mason's that aged well. I suggest Black Knight if you are looking for a good read from this author.
Cecilia
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an all-time favorite of mine. I loved it so much I sought it out again four years later, then read it again and again as an adult. It may not be the best, but I can't give it any less than four stars for nostalgia purposes!
Emmie
May 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
No, no, no. What kind of a hero is this?

description
Sarah Johnston
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where do begin? I feel like this book way even better than Ice & Rapture and that's with me having read, and re-read it 20 times over (Lol). I loved every bit of this book, from their forced situation, their adventure, their passion for one another. I don't want to ruin it with giving away to the plot too much. A must read for those heart stopping moments, and for the hopeless romantic <3
Haley Osborn
Jun 03, 2016 rated it liked it
In true Mason fashion I greatly enjoyed the characters and story line- it was a good mix of adventure, pirating, and history. Individually I loved the characters of Alexa and Adam. They were a good mixture of complex and likability for very different reasons. I loved Alexa's character growth in particular from a young powerless English miss to the privateer vixen fighting on the seas to help the American Revolution. Where the story fell short, as often happens with Mason's books, the relationshi ...more
Lisa Cromwell
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Over the years I have had to continuously downsize my collection of books. It has always been an emotional experience for me. This book has stayed with me for over 10 years now. I love a great romance book! But what really set this book apart from the rest for me, was the fact that it has a strong female lead. That can be a rare treat in a romance novel. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing like a take charge man. I just love when a woman knows how to take care of herself and take a man when she ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
Feb 05, 2011 rated it liked it
I loved book one THE LADY not so much the VIXEN book two, but over all it was a very interesting different kind of writing from Connie Mason of course great love scenes.. There isn't much i can say on My Lady Vixen, its not that its bad I just didn't get that much enjoyment from it but i would give book one THE LADY 5 stars and book two THE VIXEN 3 stars, its like another reviewer said its like 2 books in 1 with the same characters of course....

If you do decide to get this book I hope you enjoy
Emily
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Classic Connie Mason: Hero has an alter ego, Heroine is too dumb to realize it until about Page 300 even though they've "both" been inside her on multiple occasions. Hero hates Heroine for something her father did ages ago and decides to punish the father by kidnapping his daughter. Hero's old flame manages to make the heroine's life hell. Despite those worn-out tropes I did enjoy this book. Sometimes, these old fashioned bodice rippers are just fun.
Methos
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ho sempre adorato la Mason,ma forse questo è uno dei suoi libri che mi è piaciuto di meno. ai protagonisti succede di tutto,ma davvero di tutto!per tutto il romanzo la fa da padrone il gioco delle cose non dette e spiegate che per un pò può essere intrigante,ma a lungo andare...lei è fin troppo remissiva, soprattutto all'inizio e lui a volte si meriterebbe un paio di bei ceffoni e tutte e 2 avrebbero bisogno di una doccia fredda...anzi, ghiacciata!
Nel complesso però è una bella lettura
Kristen Simelton
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was the first historical romance I ever read...I was in high school, and I was hooked!!! Connie Mason is a wonderful writer, she had me going through a wide range of emotions throughout the entire novel.. I reread it as an adult a few years ago and fell in love with it all over again. I sent her an email praising her writing and she replied, I was very excited about that..lol....A MUST read
Amy Diaz
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love the hero disguising himself as someone else and making the heroine believe she slept with two different men when it was one in the same all along. I also love how she kind of got back at him by becoming a famous female pirate with the respect of her men and learning to sword fight even took on the H in a duel which ended up in steaming hot sex.

Always love Connie Mason's hot love scenes.
Skye Burling-Briggs
Jun 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Rape ( multiple) NOT MY IDEA OF A GOOD BOOK. A hereon that thinks is OK that he FORCED himself on her - and was just 'thankful' that she was saved in time ( even if it was by a kidnapping pirate!!) oh my lord!! Just no!
Roub
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
loved it! adam did not hold his grudge for long. he was utterly besotted wid his wife! they had to overcome lots of hurdles before finding their HEA but it was worth all! she was one courageous and mind-blowing lady!hats off to alexa!^^
J
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good, read before list,
Rosa
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I struggled with the hero. His conduct bordered on rape and he was very self centered. Somehow, I still liked the book.
Julie
I loved this story !
Girl power yeah!!!
Jessica
Feb 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Re-read this one (again)...first historical romance I ever read, and still a favorite to this day. I believe it started my fascination with pirates lol.
L.  (My Woes, My Woes, They Continue To Grows)
Free ebook!

Ya know, these new covers for the ebooks look rather cheap and amateurish. They should just stick with the original fuschia explosion. Fuschia rules!
Sandra
Aug 04, 2016 rated it liked it
He loved her so much but cheated on her so many times?!? Three stars just because of that although the plot was perfect as well as the narration and writing style.
Kelly
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favourites
I read this book so many times, pages started to go missing and I never was able to find another copy :( I really loved this book :)
Clarice
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think this is why I love sailing. Loved it.
Lorelle
Dec 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.
  • Captive Passions (Captive, #1)
  • Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy, #3)
  • Savage Desire (Brandon-Morgan #4)
  • The Rake's Rainbow
  • Lily
  • The Coming Home Place
  • Pirate's Bride
  • Forbidden Love
  • Hawke's Pride
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1; Ladies, #1)
  • A Perfect Marriage
  • Love Wild and Fair
  • Fire & Ice
  • Emerald Knight
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (North American Woman Trilogy, #2)
  • Promise of the Rose (deWarenne Dynasty, #2)
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • No Longer Mine
Connie Mason or Cara Miles is the best-selling author of more than fifty historical romances and novellas. Her tales of passion and adventure are set in exotic as well as American locales. Connie was named Story Teller of the Year in 1990 by Romantic Times and was awarded Career Achievement award in the Western category by Romantic Times in 1994. Connie makes her home in Tarpon Springs, Florida wi ...more
More about Connie Mason...