Start by marking “The Cloudspotter” as Want to Read:
The Cloudspotter

The Cloudspotter

His real name was Franklin. But everyone called him The Cloudspotter ...

The Cloudspotter doesn't have many friends. He spends his time, all by himself, spotting not just clouds but adventures in the sky. This way, he doesn't feel so alone. Then, one day, an unexpected visitor appears in his adventures and it throws everything up in the air. Could it be that two cloudspotte
Published September 29th 2015 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about The Cloudspotter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cloudspotter

Start your review of The Cloudspotter
Zoe
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picturebooks
Really enjoyed reading this book and looking at the illustrations. I really like how the clouds have been shaped in a way which makes them look like ‘adventures in the sky’.
A video clip on literacy shed called ‘A cloudy lesson’ could really support this book and enrich the opportunities for writing, dialogue and creative thinking https://www.literacyshed.com/cloudyle....
I particularly like the ending when the boy and dog become cloud-spotters together and the final page when they are floating
Blake Bramley
Dec 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Although I didn't particularly enjoy the narrative of this story, I did feel a kind of kindred relation to Franklin and so enjoyed the book overall.

Franklin thinks he's happy to be alone, doing important cloudspotting work, but when an unexpected arrival disturbs his routine, he becomes angry and worried.

I can clearly remember the days at school where I would walk around the perimeter of the playground and watch the clouds for shapes during lunch time. I liked to do it alone, and I didn't like t
Stanlee Uy
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ks1
A book about the power of imagination and the importance of friendship! You could take this book further by going outside and look at the clouds and see what shapes you can see. Then get the children to discuss it with a partner and see how different/fun it is to “cloud spotting” with a friend. Can use this book for PSHE if discussing about friendships.
Erin
Lovely illustrations.
Indy
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
A story about how a boy uses his imagination to spot the shapes of clouds, as well as finding a furry friend to join him for cloud spotting.
Paul Terpstra
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Nice book about friendship.
Very interesting illustration style
Fern
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Take to the skies in this whimsical and heartwarming picture book celebrating the power of imagination and the importance of friendship.
Mehsi
Dit klonk heel veel leuker dan dat het eigenlijk was. Een combinatie van een vervelende hoofdpersoon en niet al te goede vertaling.

Laat ik maar eerst beginnen met waarom ik dit boek heb gekozen. Wel dat is makkelijk, houden niet de meeste mensen van wolken kijken? En zien of je er leuke dingen in kan vinden? En als kind is het niet heerlijk om avonturen te bedenken? Dus ja, een boek over wolkenontdekkers? Hartstikke leuk toch?
En ook heb ik het boek gekozen omdat ik Tom McLaughin's andere prenten
Homegrown Reader
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Franklin, the main character in the book, seems to share my obsessive personality. He spends his days gazing and studying the clouds around him. He doesn’t need friends, he tells himself, he has his clouds and in them, and his imagination, he finds not only shapes but stories and adventures. He doesn’t need people. I think that’s something that we may all end up telling ourselves in times of loneliness, to escape from the hurt and pain. However, Franklin’s loneliness is shattered when Scruffy Do ...more
Michael Mills
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Yes I watched the Tom Hardy video, just like everyone else. And it damn well counts towards my Reading Challenge.
Jim
Apr 16, 2018
Tom Robards
May 05, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Cat's Tale: Independent Reading Turquoise 7 (Reading Champion)
  • The Bad Mood and the Stick
  • A Cheese-colored Camper (Geronimo Stilton, #16)
  • Johannes Vermeer
  • De weg naar Caviano
  • Leonardo da Vinci: Flights of the Mind
  • Meestersprekers: over de kunst van het spreken
  • Jailbird
  • The Joint Book: The Complete Guide to Wood Joinery
  • Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food: Recipes from the F Word. with Mark Sargeant and Emily Quah
  • Demand: Creating What People Love Before They Know They Want It
  • Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?
  • A Tiny Bit Marvellous
  • Cibi: Simple Japanese-Inspired Meals to Share With Family and Friends
  • Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)
  • Inside Out (Insider, #1)
  • 100 Selected Poems, William Wordsworth: Collectable Hardbound edition
  • In de wereld
I write pictures and doodle words for Bloomsbury, Puffin, Oxford University Press, Simon & Schuster, Scholastic, The Guardian, Disney, Nickelodeon. After leaving art college in ’97, I spent nearly 10 years as a political cartoonist for The Western Morning News before going freelance.

I’ve been published both as a writer and an illustrator for a number of publishers, had my books translated across E