Start by marking “Mistletoe and Mr. Right” as Want to Read:
Mistletoe and Mr. Right

Mistletoe and Mr. Right

In "Mistletoe and Mr. Right," Jessica (not Jessie) takes a flying leap and follows her boyfriend home for the holidays for Christmas break, sure that Ireland will provide the perfect backdrop to the beginning of their happily ever after. But it turns out his family--and his gorgeous ex-girlfriend--don't feel the same way, and the only person making the trip worthwhile is t ...more
Published October 6th 2015 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published November 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Mistletoe and Mr. Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistletoe and Mr. Right

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Mistletoe and Mr. Right is by Lyla Payne.

Jessica MacFarlane has been dating Brennan Donnelly for four months. Jessica likes to have everything planned out. She has a plan for everything. But, her relationship with Brennan isn’t moving along as she thinks it should be. Brennan is super good looking, he could have any girl on campus he wanted. He’s kind and funny. But he lives in the moment. She has no idea where this might be going. So, she makes a rash decision on Christmas vacation to fly to w
Kate ♡
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
BLOG REVIEW:

Actual Rating: 2.75/5
**I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Bloomsbury, in exchange for an honest review**

So this book started off feeling promising but, for me, it just fell flat, although I did still enjoy it to some extent.

Let's talk about the characters shall we. Our main character, Jessica was both likeable and extremely annoying at the same time. Throughout parts of this book I found myself really liking her and then in oth
Chelsey Ellice
MISTLETOE AND MR RIGHT - 5 stars
This one is definitely gonna be one to read every Christmas. The Donnelly's didn't think much of Jessica at first, mind you they didn't even know about her. I actually can't believe Jessica would fly from the states to Ireland after 4 months of dating to spend it with her boyfriends family. Mind you if she didn't she wouldn't have met Grady. I loved seeing there friendship blossom and glad they ended up together but also the break up between Jessica and Brennan w
Lyla Payne
Nov 19, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
12/03/2014

***SALE***

MISTLETOE is on SALE for just $2.99!! Grab some holiday cheer at a discount while it lasts!! xo

*gentle reminder*

If you received and reviewed an early copy of the novella and are someone who posts reviews to Amazon,iBooks, etc, I would really appreciate the cross post when you have time!

It's release day, lovelies!! I can't believe that this arrived so quickly or how excited I am to spread my own little snowflakes of holiday cheer into your lives with some romance in Ireland! I
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher. This in no way impacted on my view.

I'm not sure if I've ever really read a Christmassy book like this, so when I noticed it was available to request, I immediately jumped at the chance. Mistletoe and Mr Right is actually a bind up of two different novellas, that have some overlap. I think the best thing to do would be to review each separately, which I'll do below.

The first story was called Mistletoe and Mr Right, and told the story of Jessic
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, print-arc, christmas
3.5 stars!

Mistletoe and Mr. Right is made up for two novellas: Mistletoe and Mr. Right and Sleigh Bells and Second Chances.

We had the pleasure of reading the first story, Mistletoe and Mr. Right, last Christmas and reviewed it then. Check out our review for Mistletoe and Mr. Right to see our full thoughts on the adorable first story!

Today we will be sharing our thoughts on the second story, Sleigh Bells and Second Chances.

Becca and I had the pleasure of reading and reviewing Mistletoe and Mr.
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An advance copy of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

Mistletoe and Mr. Right was just the fun holiday read I needed on a Friday night after a rough week at work.  It had everything I want in a holiday story: romance, family togetherness, and adventures in the snow...not mention private sleigh rides. And for the first time in what feels like forever, I was able to finish the book
Sarah Louise
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas-themed
I don't know if it's this time of year that's making me excited over anything Christmas related, but I absolutely adored this. Before going into Mistletoe and Mr. Right, I had no idea that it was a bind-up of two novellas.

The first one, with the same title, Mistletoe and Mr. Right, followed Jessica on her venture to Ireland, in hopes of surprising her boyfriend and his family for the holidays. This one stole my heart a little more than the second novella, Sleigh Bells and Second Chances, which
Jaime Arkin
Mistletoe & Mr. Right is a sweet holiday read!

If you’re like me, you love holiday romance… and if you’re looking for something quick and satisfying in that genre, then definitely grab this story from Lyla Payne.

Jessica is a little high strung… she’s got plans for her life and if she expects everything to fall into place, she’s got to make sure her current boyfriend is on the same page as she is. Only he’s in Ireland for the holidays… but that isn’t going to deter her.

A long plane ride, a h
Jamie Davis
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Two Amazing Christmas Tales
I couldn't get enough of this story of Christmas in Ireland for Jessica MacFarlane. Surprising her boyfriend , Brennan Donnelly, and his family for Christmas seems like a great idea until she finds herself desperately trying to impress his family and digging her way out of the ensuing mishaps. From run-ins with the family goat to recipe disasters, I was rooting for Jessica to catch a break. Just when she thinks things can't get any worse, in walks Brennan's ex-girlfrie
Christianna Marks
You can read this and many other reviews on my YA book blog The White Unicorn!

An Open Letter To Mistletoe and Mr. Right,

You're cute. Cute like one of those crappy made for TV movies that we all love so much. Trust me, even though it might not sound like it, this is a really high compliment coming from me. 'Cause God knows that I love me some crappy yet adorable Christmas movies. Throw in the fact that you take place in Ireland and I'm hooked. Thanks for being a cute, quick, fun, Christmas read!
Amy
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica - do NOT call her 'Jessie' - decides to surprise boyfriend Brennan by flying to Ireland to spend Christmas with him and his family. Things get off to a less-than-auspicious start when she nearly kills the family goat. Fortunately, she is rescued by the gorgeous Grady Callaghan. But Jessica can't pay attention to Grady's gorgeousness, because she's there for Brennan.

Unfortunately, Brennan (not to mention his family) doesn't seem too thrilled that she's there. This stunt of hers proves typ
Lyla Payne
Oct 06, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey peaches!

My very first hardcover is in stores TODAY! If you read last year's ebook release, there's still something in this for you - a brand new SECOND STORY that's about Christina, a girl who lands her dream internship only to find herself face-to-face with the guy who broke her heart years before...and now happens to be part of Britain's hottest new band.

It takes place in London at Christmas time, and follows Christina through a second chance at love, relationships, and the future she's b
Jaz
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was so lovely and warm yet bittersweet. Realistic but still held that special spark that only Christmas can give, making this feel magical. Full review to come. Many feels. Much life choices.
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-arc, netgalley
This book was jointly reviewed by myself and my co-blogger, Becca!

A perfectly-sweet holiday story!

Ireland is like a promise that life doesn’t have to be complicated. That a roof and family, some land and friends are all a person needs to be happy.

THE STORY:
Becca: Mistletoe and Mr Right was just so adorable, light and fun. It was short at only 150 pages, but I felt like I got the entire story regardless of the length. I absolutely loved that it was set in Ireland, a country that I have always wan
Krista
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

Mistletoe and Mr. Right is a collection of two holiday novellas focusing on college roomies Jessica and Christina. First up, Jessica travels to Ireland on a whim to find out once and for all if her "looks good on paper" boyfriend is marriage material. It's a surprise to him and his family when she shows up on his doorstep unannounced two days before Christmas, and well, you know how well surprises like that usually go over.

Mistletoe and Mr. Right was funny and sweet. Prim, proper and o
Linda
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Two light, cute & fluffy holiday romances...

"Is she going to be okay? I ask, shuffling up behind the guy and chancing a peek over his shoulder.
He doesn't answer but reaches down, prodding her with one hand and lifting with the other until she gets her legs underneath her and crawls to her feet. The goat gives a quick shake, spraying dirty water all over my jeans and the mystery man's olive-green jacket, then hops off into the grass.
"Is she limping?"
"Probably. She just got ran over by a
Linda
Two light, cute & fluffy holiday romances...

"Is she limping?"
"Probably. She just got ran over by a
Jamie Davis
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What A Happy Christmas Tale!

Barb
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring...but lust refused to settle in for a long winter's nap. She might be all nestled, snug in her bed, by why, oh why, do visions of the wrong guy dance in her head?
Jessica, (not Jessie), figures that nothing could be better than a trip to the Emerald Isle for Christmas break. So she takes a flying leap and follows her boyfriend home for the holidays, not only sure that he will finally agree they're destined for
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

These stories are so cute. If you’ve been frustrated at the lack of truly fluffy new adult novels, you’re going to want to grab these sweet Christmas romances ASAP. Payne’s done a great job creating adorable, shippy romances that seem like the sort of thing you might watch on ABC Family.

The first story, “Mistletoe and Mr. Right.” does not have any mistletoe in it, which I find somewhat puzzling. The story itself is very similar to the movie The Family Stone, which I happen to love. It’s
Anna
This is the first book that I've read by Lyla Payne, and I am now looking forward to reading more books written by her. Mistletoe and Mr. Right was a fun, quick read. I thought it was really interesting that this story took place in Ireland, as we got to experience an Irish Christmas, and I enjoyed learning about some of the customs.

To be honest, I could not relate to Jessie at first. She flew all the way to England to share Christmas with a guy who she had barely started dating. I thought that
Stefanie
2 stars for the first story and 4 for the second, so I figured a 3 is a safe overall rating.

I could barely finish the first story and I don't know why. I just found it extremely boring and predictable, and I usually like my predictable happy endings. It took me three days to get through it.
Then I started the second and read it in one sitting. I enjoyed it so much more. It was predictable but I wanted this one to be (if that makes any sense).
Glad I picked it up because I love holiday books and
Lori
Two cute and enjoyable holiday romances but nothing that hasn't been done before. It definitely fits if you're looking for fun, quick Christmasy stories but don't expect to be blown away. I did enjoy the first one a bit more than the second even with its similarities to the movie Leap Year. The second seemed a bit long to me to be a novella but I did find the family interactions interesting. Like I said, it was cute, fun, and fluffy but won't make my favorites list.
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Mistletoe & Mr. Right was basically written about one of my fantasies, lol. The main character, JESSICA (ahem!), goes to Ireland during Christmas (yes!), and falls in love with a hot Irishman (yes, PLEASE!).

Read my full review, originally posted on Gone with the Words
Linda Grimes
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a delight! I loved the setting almost as much as the characters. Some of my happiest memories are of the time I spent in Ireland with my husband. This book helped me relive them, and provided me with a highly entertaining story on top of it. Need a break? Spend some time with Jessica and Grady. You'll be glad you did.
Crystal | decorating.reader
Short, cute, light Christmassy read!
Sophie
May 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

(review copy)

3.5

Posted in full http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2015...

Mistletoe and Mr Right is the second book I have read by Lyla Payne, having read and thoroughly enjoyed her self-published novel Broken At Love a couple of years ago. I was super excited to spot this book whilst browsing Netgalley and couldn’t resist requesting this gorgeous-looking, Christmassy read. That cover is a beauty and it had me interested straight away, despite knowing from the synopsis that this was going to be a
Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com
I really enjoyed Mistletoe and Mr. Right when I read it last year, so I was very excited to receive this bundle for Bloomsbury, which contains Mistletoe and Mr. Right and also a follow-up novella called Sleigh Bells and Second Chances. Just for convenience, I’m going to paste my original review of Mistletoe and Mr. Right here before reviewing the follow-up novel!

Mistletoe and Mr. Right: I was particularly excited when I found out that this novel takes place in Ireland, and Lyla Payne really did
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate book listings 2 15 Oct 09, 2015 03:56AM

• The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
  • Carry Me Home (Off the Map, #3.1)
  • Anywhere
  • We Own the Night (Radio Hearts #2)
  • Season of Second Chances
  • Red Velvet Crush
  • The Secret of Isobel Key
  • Losing Enough
  • Infinite Repeat (The Art of Lainey, #0.5)
  • Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites #1)
  • North Pole Reform School
  • Secrets, Schemes and Sewing Machines
  • The Trouble With Mistletoe (A Brookhollow Story, #1)
  • Mistletoe Wedding (A Marietta Christmas #2; Bar V5 Dude Ranch #4)
  • Bounce (Boomerang, #3)
  • The Art of Falling (Oceanside High, #1)
  • Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1)
  • Love and Mistletoe (Ballybeg, #4)
I've been publishing New Adult romance novels for a little over a year, starting with Broken at Love and continuing with the rest of the Whitman University series. I adore telling stories, discovering the little reasons people fall in love, and uncovering hidden truths in the world around us – past and present.

In my spare time I cuddle my two dogs, pretend to enjoy exercising so that I can eat as