Start by marking “Illuminate (The Light Key Trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
Illuminate (The Light Key Trilogy #3)

Illuminate

(The Light Key Trilogy #3)

Can one girl be the light in a world spiraling toward darkness?

Haunted by the loss of her loved ones, Cora Sandoval, one of the remaining few of an extraordinary race known as Scintilla, holds the key to disentangling the biggest conspiracy in human history...and its link to the fate of the human race. As Cora follows a trail of centuries-old clues and secrets, she collide
Published October 6th 2015 by Entangled: Teen (first published August 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Illuminate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illuminate

Beth
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
The battle between the Scintilla and Arazzi is coming to a head. The secrets, deceptions and lies are slowly becoming uncovered. What is truth, myth and religious zealous striving for more power comes to light, pushing the three main characters into survival mode, which also sends them apart for some of their journey to enlightenment.

I loved the first two books in this series but I am completely conflicted about Illuminate.

The telling is extremely imaginative and original and the ending was tot
N.N. Light
"Save herself. Save the Scintilla. Save the world. Or die trying…"

This, in a nutshell, is what this book (and the whole series) is about. One girl trying with all her might to save the world, those she loves and herself. Cora is a beautiful character and a role model for young women everywhere. I love how Clark showed the heartbreak and loneliness behind being a super being. It's not all sunshine and flowers. Sacrifices have to be made and in the end, we are all a little bit like Cora. Fans of p
Tracy Clark
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I know I'm the author and maybe it's not PC to rate your own book, but I also know the drive and determination it takes to write a series and so I'm giving myself gold stars for accomplishment. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed creating it.
Caitlin L
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full review on the blog! : www.bookhavenblog.blogspot.com :)
Pam (YA Escape)
Dec 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
*ARC received from publisher via NetGalley

This is a tough review to write because I absolutely loved the first two books in this series. But this one…I hated the ending. With a passion. It pissed me off for many reasons. One, I just didn't like it. But two, the way it ends, there's still so many people that we don't know what happens to them. I really can't say more about it without spoiling it so I will stop. Just one last comment. You think Allegiant was a bad ending? This book makes me like A
Jordan
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Illuminate is a breathtaking and beautiful conclusion to the Light Key Trilogy. Part cosmic puzzle, mythology, and romance, this epic battle of Light vs Dark ends in a stunning, explosive burst of hope and heart.

READ THIS BOOK IF:

You love films like National Treasure and The Da Vinci Code
You’re hungry for a maddening puzzle filled with art and literature references
You want your heart to feel so full it might burst from the sheer outpouring of love and hope

Angela
Jan 28, 2016 marked it as deals  ·  review of another edition
28 January 2016: $3.99 on Kindle
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* YA, Fantasy
*Rating* 3-3.5

*My Thoughts*

"There is no home for the Hunted."

Illuminate, by author Tracy Clark, is the third, and final installment in The Light Key Trilogy. Illuminate picks up right where Deviate left off. The action picks up right from the first page of the first chapter, and drives straight towards the final chapter which will leave you stunned. The story takes the reader from Ireland, & Chile, & Italy. Cora Sandoval has been left with pain and loss
Pamela
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I would have given this book 5 stars if not for the ending. I wanted more of a conclusive ending. I don't like books that like to leave things to the readers imagination. But overall, it was hard to out this one down.
Shannon
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For more book reviews, check out: http://cabookle.tumblr.com

I received this book in advance through NetGalley for reviewing purposes; the following is my HONEST opinion of the book as I was in no way obligated to give a positive review. Thank you NetGalley and Entangled Teen for letting me read this book in advance!

I really am sad to have finished this book, but boy did Tracy end it in such a beautiful way. While it would have been amazing to have an even longer epilogue or the opportunity to g
Richa
Jun 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review, netgalley
Originally posted on City of Books

Illuminate is the final book in the Light Key trilogy, and it definitely goes out with a bang. There was more action in this than the second book, and we finally get answers we've been waiting for since the first book. I hadn't reread the previous book before reading this, so there were some things I couldn't remember, but Tracy Clark did a great job on catching us up on the bigger events that occurred previously.

Cora goes off in search of the answers to what th
Melanie
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have not read the previous books in this series and was afraid that I would be lost in this one, but I was able to pick it up and follow right along. This was an easy reading story full of history, suspense, humor, and romance. I also felt like I was reading another installment of the National Treasure movies. This series could be a movie in itself!

Tracy Clark starts this book off by throwing you straight back into the story. I picked up quickly and figured out what all was going on. Cora is g
Ana Beatriz Esteves
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cora Sandoval is just one girl but she has the entire world on her shoulders and has to save everyone. After discovering clues that lead her to a very shocking and concerning truth in which lies the fate of the human race.
Without knowing who her enemies or her alies are she travels a dangerous path in order to save herself, her loved ones and the entire global population.
The first thing I have to say about this book is that it has left me utterly speechless! I have been sitting in front of my co
Regina
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful trilogy

You must read the two first books. Scintillate and Deviate. Very well written story that can captivate you with love, hate , persecution. It will keep you glued till the end.
Fee Roberts
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, read-2016
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Illuminate by Tracy Clark is the last book in The Light Key Trilogy. I am a sword and sorcery kind of reader, so this trilogy was out of my comfort zone, but I have to say that this trilogy was well executed and captured and held my attention. I found this last book to be exciting, touching, and I didn't want this story to end. Tracy kept me swept up in the lives of the characters. The characters were so real to life that I felt I could reac ...more
Dana
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
I liked the first book in the series, but not this one. It is very anti organized religion especially the Catholic church and makes light Jesus' divinity. It's unfortunate because the first book had so much potential to be a great series. I do not recommend reading this book.
Jacci
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the exciting conclusion of this trilogy! It was satisfying in every way. Fast paced, interesting and thoughtful. Thank you Tracy Clark.
Toni Garcia
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This did get more suspenseful towards the end.
Raeanne Parks
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book starts off with a bang. Finn and Cora both kill Arazzi and regular humans working with the Arazzi. But the trouble they are facing is way bigger than an ambush leaving them murderers. Cora must go to Italy, Giovanni must go to Chile to be with his surprise daughter Claire (the offspring of an experiment done at the facility), and Finn must stay in Ireland.

I did not like how these guys were split up for the majority of the book. I get why it needed to happen, though. Real life does not
Angel Hatfield
May 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Cora was one of the few Scintilla left and it was legend that the Scintilla was the key to heaven. Cora loved Finn and Giovannni. Cora’s parents had been murdered after Cora and her mom had escaped Dr. M’s facility and then was kidnapped by Clancy . Clancy had tried to kill Cora, her mom and even her grandmother but Ultana - the head of Xepa claimed them. But Ultana was now dead and Clancy laid unconsciousness next to Ultana. Cora regretted she hadn’t killed Clancy when she had the chance. But U ...more
Sydney
Sep 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
I don't even know where to start....I loved the first two books in this series and was so excited for the last one to come out. Now that's it's here I wish someone would say just kidding this debacle isn't really the book the real one is coming out next month. But I'm afraid that won't be happening.
One of the many things I loved about the first two books was the characters interaction with each other. If I'm being completely honest the only character that can hold it's own and still be interesti
Amber St.Jean
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Rene Averett
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While this book was well-written, it is told from three viewpoints in rotation. For me, it slowed the reading down. The tension in it was good and some of the concepts are very familiar to some of my thinking so I was along for the ride. The ending wasn't as satisfying for me as I'd hoped it would be. But overall, it's a very good book and wraps up the trilogy well.
Becky Shaknovich
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
It was kind of slow to start off, but by the end I was hooked back in. Some of the twists were kind of predictable, and some loose ends were left. Still a good read, and good fantasy escapism after a stressful day.
Paul Black
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
It finished a bit quickly and the epilogue was waaaay to short; it left a lot of loose ends. Great characters and not as dark as I expected.
Philline
Feb 12, 2017
M Jacob
Oct 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Lady Henterman’s Wardrobe (The Streets of Maradaine, #2)
  • Trigger
  • Gossamer (Gossamer, #1)
  • The Seeker
  • Reborn
  • Who Wants to be The Prince of Darkness?
  • Bloodmoon (Bloodmark Saga, #3)
  • Tempered (The St. Croix Chronicles, #4)
  • Flawed (Perfection, #2)
  • Beneath the Fallen City (The Omni Towers, #1)
  • Phoenix Inheritance (The Phoenix Institute, #4)
  • True Storm (True Born Trilogy #3)
  • When Love Commands (Marietta Danver Trilogy, #3)
  • Twist (Loop, #2)
  • Bitten Under Fire
  • Wickedly Spirited (Baba Yaga, #3.5)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Capstone (Cornerstone #4)
Tracy Clark is an award winning writer of novels for young adults and runs the Moxie Fruit blog for midlife women. Basically, she has one foot in the teen side of her brain and one in her midlife side.

She recently relocated from the cold part of the Sierras to the sunny and looks forward to being warm for once. Her college-aged kids are a continuous source of great dialogue and keep her young.

Th

The Light Key Trilogy (3 books)
  • Scintillate (The Light Key Trilogy, #1)
  • Deviate (The Light Key Trilogy, #2)