Start by marking “The Year of Cozy: 125 Recipes, Crafts, and Other Homemade Adventures” as Want to Read:
The Year of Cozy: 125 Recipes, Crafts, and Other Homemade Adventures

The Year of Cozy: 125 Recipes, Crafts, and Other Homemade Adventures

From the author of the popular blog, A Cozy Kitchen, comes a beautifully photographed one-stop-shop book with all the recipes and projects you’ll need for some cozy inspiration this holiday season—and all year long. You’ll love Adrianna Adarme’s easy-to-follow instructions and will enjoy getting lost in her warm and comforting photographs. Organized by the months of the ye ...more
Published October 6th 2015 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about The Year of Cozy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Year of Cozy

Start your review of The Year of Cozy: 125 Recipes, Crafts, and Other Homemade Adventures
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Back when I was 20 and considered things like making homemade lip balm and agua frescas and the sort, I would have loved this book. That time has passed.

More aspirational than inspirational if that actually makes sense.
Cheryl
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a cute book! I knew it would have recipes since it is based on a food blog, but it also has many other things to make and ideas to do and experience. Plus the recipes are not the ordinary and look easy to try. Flavoured butters and honey, fruit sugars, homemade goat cheese.. plus of course pie. :) It also included pictures for each item, which I think is a must. I'd recommend to anyone who wants to add a little "somethin, somethin" in their life.
Rachel
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lovely-cookbooks
I just love this book. It's so warm and inviting. The concept is darling and the recipes and other little ideas for crafts and homemaking are simply adorable. It's such a sweet book to page through, and inspires all kinds of fun little adventures. It's encouraged me to make my 2016 "The Year of Cozy" :)
christina
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This is a really cute collection of recipes and crafts, and I enjoyed the author's blurbs throughout the book as well! Also, I cannot wait to make the blackberry walnut pie this weekend 🥧
Cecilia
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
After thinking about this book more, I'm taking my rating down from three stars to two.

I like the idea of this book, and I especially like how the book is sectioned into seasons, but most of the recipes and crafts don't really evoke "cozy" to me.

Some of the recipes seem pretty cozy, like the recipe for decadent hot chocolate, or recipes for pies. But so many of the recipes are sugary, and diabetes is not something I associate with coziness. This book would have been better with more recipes li
Lisa
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I totally love this book!!! So many beautiful crafts to try and amazing recipes also. I am a huge fan of the authors blog so the book just brings everything to life! If you are a DIY individual this is the book for you!
Caitlin
Jan 16, 2016 added it
Shelves: cookbooks
While I mostly read this aspirationally (there are cereal boxes in my oven and not much cooking happens in my little studio apartment) I found it to be a truly pleasant read. Fun to tuck a bunch of these recipes away for later, or maybe to hope I can convince one of my more culinary-inclined friends to whip something up!

The book is really aesthetically pleasing, and makes me curious to now follow Adarme's blog as well.

Cathie
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
A great concept and provides ideas to aspire to. Although by seasons, there are things to do and make that can be done any time of year.

Read this to be more specifically about her year of cozy (like I don't have a dog) - but should inspire others to create their own year of cozy!

Iris
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
I think it must be really hard to write a crafty lifestyle book, especially one based on a blog. By the time it's released, all the same ideas are already on Pinterest.

I am a sucker for beautiful, homey, lifestyle photography and the Year of Cozy really delivers in that area. Very many cute dog pictures! Thank you!

But, lots of the projects here are easily found elsewhere, or else seem like make work projects (Thanksgiving name tags?). The life philosophy component here comes across as pretty ch
Brindi Michele
this book had a lovely-- and cozy-- layout. and she owns a corgi!! immediately a 5-star rating! ;)

I really think I'd enjoy perusing this book often and need to add it to my birthday list. I love the idea of making a "to-do" list by month/season, with little emphasis on holidays and more focus on getting in touch with yourself, relationships, and true enjoyment of life.
FarmFreshJessica
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non
I LOVED this book. The suggestions for crafts were adorable and easy to implement. Some of the food recipes were "highbrow" but not so much so that I felt intimidated. I loved the thoughtful suggestions for ways of interacting with your world. The pictures drew you in and gave you peace. I want to get to know the author better and follow her blog and buy all her things. She did an outstanding job with this book. It was perfect.
texast
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm one of those people who gets overwhelmed by all the fun seasonal things I should be doing. This book gives me a few options for recipes, crafts, and activities each month, making it easier for me to feel like I have been adequately festive. I usually try one of her suggestions per month. Two, if I'm feeling especially energetic.

The recipes are actually really good, btw. The pear ginger crumble is my favorite. The craft projects aren't really my thing, but I still appreciate them. Sometimes
Andrea
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This is a quick fun read with some great ideas. I really like the idea of seasonal living and it is certainly on trend. I loved how each item was also presented with a beautiful photo. Nothing more annoying then a "how to" without pictures. I got a few ideas for things I would like to try. However, I think the bigger message for me was to make sure that you fill your seasons with experiences.
Chrissy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are so many good ideas in here! I need to go out and buy my own copy so I can have crafting inspiration year round.
Kayla Hollatz
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
While the photography is beyond gorgeous, I also loved the author's fun, warm writing style. She definitely seems like a friend you could share a cup of coffee with. Finished the book with a chicken dumpling and ice cream recipe to try, a few crafts to do, and a revived love for Corgis. You'll get it if you read the book.
Petra
Jan 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book as a GR Giveaway in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the concept of this book. It's full of interesting recipes, craft ideas and lifestyle considerations, divided into the seasons of the year.
The recipes are easy to follow and have some interesting twists. For example, smores with homemade graham wafers and homemade marshmallows, a fun afternoon with the kids or ice cream flavors that are unusual and intriguing (sweet corn with blueberry swirl), chirozo spiced squash
Meghan
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it
3.75. Quick list of things I want to try: the cute and practical Bento box lunches. A hot tea made with almond milk, turmeric, and honey. Quick dry clay coasters with a burlap print and watercolor wash. Pantry organization - the photos were inspiring. Also I would like a Corgi dog, please. And the list of staycation ideas was good, although the staycation of someone in a California city was a list of my destination vacation excitement.
Allie
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I checked out this book from the library prior to buying it to make sure that the recipes and the craft activities were things that I would a.) be interested in, and b.) actually be able to do. I was not disappointed! I was the weirdo who read the entire book on a Sunday, just like it was a novel. Highly recommend this if you're interested in doing more crafts, or making more artisnal recipes. I've never read this blog, but now I'm going to have to start!
Rebecca
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
A collection of recipes and projects organized by season and month. I like the idea of working through the Fall and Winter ones, since those are the best seasons to want baking smells, cozy things, and the comfort of creating something. These things can keep you in tune with small pleasures and all you have to be thankful for.

"I'm just a woman who found a glimmer of hope and happiness in owning a dog, crafting a trivet, making biscuits, and eating cassoulet."
Georgia
Aug 29, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was enjoyable, but at the end, there were only 3 things I wanted to make from the entire tome. Books of this type are always a bit aspirational, which I'm fine with, but some of the crafts (10 crystals from Amazon.com glued to a mirror?) verged on the absurd. Pretty pictures and an endearing voice throughout.
Stefanie
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love her blog so naturally I had to read this. I think this is possibly the best mix of non-fiction I can think of. A cookbook and craft book in one! Plus numerous other ideas for inspiration. The photography and ideas are great and it even included Amelia her adorable Corgi. I really loved this one and can't wait to try out some of the ideas in here.
Alyssa
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
A book of Pinterest-pretty, eminently bloggable and instagrammable projects, recipes, and ideas. And organized not only seasonally, but also by MONTH!! Some are so hipster it almost hurts (making a pet teepee!), but everything, including the trendy-hipster-inspired ones, looks really tasty and/or fun.
Cara
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book! I cannot wait to try some of the recipes in it especially the goat cheese and buttermilk biscuits.
Jenny
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read2015
Lots of neat ideas and awesome recipes. Think I'm gonna have to buy this one at some point.
Christine Baines
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely ideas and beautifully written

An easy and enjoyable read,, it has given me lots of inspiration for things I can do through each month
Courtney Jane Pletcher
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this cozy and heartwarming book with crafts, recipes, and other lovely ideas to incorporate throughout the seasons!
Alexandria Irwin
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this book within two settings and it wasn't bad. It was kind of like Pinterest in book form, and my favorite part was her beautiful photos and fun explanations about why she loved making/doing the things in the book.

One thing I didn't like was that she made the projects seem ridiculously easy, but almost every single one had at least one complicated ingredient in it. Maybe this shows how bland I am, but that's one of the things that turns me off from a recipe or diy the most- materials or
C J
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
The title and premise of this book is great--the introduction had me nodding enthusiastically--but the book itself is just okay. There are a few good recipes and craft projects, but I honestly can't see myself or anyone else I know doing most of the suggestions, basically because of how time-consuming and laborious they are, or at least seem to be based on the steps involved--and particularly when store bought/made versions are just as good and much easier to get your hands on. Most of this stuf ...more
Jessica Cramer
Jul 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
This is split up into seasons and months, but so much of it struck me as "summer". The author being from LA and me being a person who lives where winter lasts for half the year, our ideas of the seasons are a little different. The way the months were split into seasons could be at times a little jarring. For example, June was placed in Spring, which is fine, but several of June's entries referenced Summer. December was in Fall which, again, is fine, but thinking of Christmas as an autumnal celeb ...more
Carolyn Wagner
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute crafts and interesting recipes. I think my 20-something daughter will like this better than I did, and between the two of us, we will probably make a few things out of it. I checked it out of the library and would not spend the money on it, though. Many recipes call for ingredients I don't normally have on-hand, although if I plan ahead and can buy the ingredients at a store per ounce instead of per package, I might be inclined to try a few of the more interesting dishes. I did like how thi ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Joy of Hygge: How to Bring Everyday Pleasure and Danish Coziness into Your Life
  • American Cozy: Hygge-Inspired Ways to Create Comfort  Happiness
  • The New Bohemians: Cool and Collected Homes
  • Make Yourself at Home: Discover Your Style and Transform Your Space for Inspired Living
  • A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home: Painting, Crafting, and Decorating a Cheerful, More Inspiring Space
  • The Hands-On Home: A Seasonal Guide to Cooking, Preserving & Natural Homekeeping
  • Martha Stewart's Organizing: The Manual for Bringing Order to Your Life, Home & Routines
  • Tasty Dessert: All the Sweet You Can Eat (An Official Tasty Cookbook)
  • The New Midwestern Table: 200 Heartland Recipes
  • The Whimsical Home: Interior Design with Thrift Store Finds, Flea Market Gems, and Recycled Goods
  • Nature Play at Home: Creating Outdoor Spaces that Connect Children with the Natural World
  • Hello Color
  • Dinner for Everyone: 100 Iconic Dishes Made 3 Ways--Easy, Vegan, or Perfect for Company: A Cookbook
  • Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff
  • How to Hygge: The Nordic Secrets to a Happy Life
  • Love Real Food: More Than 100 Feel-Good Vegetarian Favorites to Delight the Senses and Nourish the Body
  • Celebrate
  • Where Cooking Begins: Uncomplicated Recipes to Make You a Great Cook

News & Interviews

“To me, living a rich life means focusing on the minutiae, the seemingly small, insignificant moments that can pass us by if we don’t watch carefully.” 1 likes