Start by marking “DIY Vegan: More Than 100 Easy Recipes to Create an Awesome Plant-Based Pantry” as Want to Read:
DIY Vegan: More Than 100 Easy Recipes to Create an Awesome Plant-Based Pantry

DIY Vegan: More Than 100 Easy Recipes to Create an Awesome Plant-Based Pantry

Nicole Axworthy and Lisa Pitman, seasoned cooks and long-time vegans, know it's difficult to understand what you're getting from a store-bought item unless you become an expert in analyzing labels. When you're in the supermarket, it's almost impossible to avoid buying a prepared item that doesn't contain animal-based by-products.

In their new book, DIY Vegan: More Than 10
Published October 27th 2015 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about DIY Vegan, please sign up.
Nicole Axworthy Thank you, Nikki! I do agree that some people can be turned off by the "vegan" word but I've had many non-vegans tell me they love the book -- they ar…moreThank you, Nikki! I do agree that some people can be turned off by the "vegan" word but I've had many non-vegans tell me they love the book -- they are typically omnivores who have allergies or sensitivities to gluten or dairy, or are looking for healthier alternatives to store-bought products.(less)

Start your review of DIY Vegan: More Than 100 Easy Recipes to Create an Awesome Plant-Based Pantry
Teresa McCarthy
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So many pantry guides are simply compendiums of recipes that make use of shelf-stable groceries. This cookbook shows you how to make your own staples, more cheaply and with better ingredients. Vegan eating can get expensive, many of the grocery options are highly processed, and there are gaps in the goods that many stores carry (gluten-free, vegan Worcestershire sauce, anyone?)

The book includes guides to stocking and re-stocking your pantry, vegan cheese-making, and really great recipes to use e
Mary
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Please note:
In accordance with FTC guidelines I received this book as a "win" from Goodreads.

I am not a vegetarian, although we try to eat vegan at least two nights a week. This book is a great resource. Not many entrée recipes, but over 100 recipes to help you make your own snack, sauces, desserts. As the authors say - "helps you kick the packaged food habit"
Audrey
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
easy instructions , great visuals and simple ingredients. like the section on mixes to store for up to 6 months. hopefully I can plan ahead with these
Fawndolyn Valentine
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Extremely happy to have found this book. I have a soy intolerance, so when I found this, I was pleased to come across soy very rarely in the entire book.
Bernadette
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent collection of DIY recipes, from staples like basic nut/seed milks, creams, & cheeses, to cereals, granola, snacks, condiments/sauces, pantry staple mixes to desserts. Good introduction on the authors' vegan journeys. Suggestions for stocking one's pantry, with hints for making the time to do so, and useful techniques; along with equipment, what is needed and the nice to haves.
Best so far - the Mac & Cheese Sauce Mix. Convenient, tasty, quick, economical; the only somewhat exotic ingred
Lisa Urso
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads, cookbooks
Amazing book! You get a wide selection of pantry staples here, from hand held snacks to mixes to--this excited me the most--HOMEMADE CHEESE. All of the recipes here are uncomplicated, but you may have to be a high intermediate cook in order to make the cheeses. Still, it's very exciting to know that there are so many vegan staples you can make yourself and don't have to buy at the store!
Violet Laflamme
Tim Martin
Feb 11, 2018
Vegan Cooking & C...: DIY vegan, 2 15 Feb 22, 2017 02:22PM

• Energy Speaks
  • Vegan Bowl Attack!: More than 100 One-Dish Meals Packed with Plant-Based Power
  • No-Waste Kitchen Gardening: Regrow Your Leftover Greens, Stalks, Seeds, and More
  • Smart Snacks
  • Apple Cider Vinegar for Health and Beauty: Recipes for Weight Loss, Clear Skin, Superior Health, and Much More—the Natural Way
  • Fermentation for Beginners: The Step-By-Step Guide to Fermentation and Probiotic Foods
  • Strangers Among Us
  • Out-of-Body Experiences: How to Have Them and What to Expect
  • Lies Lies Lies
  • The Spinal Column, World Tree, Kundalini And The Sympathetic Nervous System
  • Growing Great Garlic: The Definitive Guide for Organic Gardeners and Small Farmers
  • Come a Little Closer
  • The Spiritual Centers in Man
  • The Last Lie
  • N'ice Cream: 80+ Recipes for Healthy Homemade Vegan Ice Creams
  • Let Them Eat Vegan!: 200 Deliciously Satisfying Plant-Powered Recipes for the Whole Family
  • Designed to Move: The Science-Backed Program to Fight Sitting Disease and Enjoy Lifelong Health
NICOLE AXWORTHY is a contributing photography and food editor for VegNews magazine, the premier print resource for the vegan community world-wide. Nicole holds a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation. She lives in Toronto, Canada.

News & Interviews