Start by marking “Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)” as Want to Read:
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)

Heir of Fire

(Throne of Glass #3)

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  185,605 Ratings  ·  19,147 Reviews
Celaena Sardothien, heroine of the New York Times bestselling series, rises from the ashes to burn even brighter than before.

Celaena has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak-but at an unspeakable cost. Now, she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth…a truth about her heritage that could change her life-and her future-forever. Meanwhile, bruta
Published September 1st 2015 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published September 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Heir of Fire, please sign up.
Gabriela Who's Chaol? XD

Who's Chaol? XD

I fell hard for Rowan. In my opinion, every epic love story starts with an equally epic friendship. I really hope they end up together, it will be something out of this world. (less)
Naomi De Guia I've been in love with Aedion ever since he was first mentioned back in CoM. I like how he's just naturally loyal to Celaena and it's clearly not…moreI've been in love with Aedion ever since he was first mentioned back in CoM. I like how he's just naturally loyal to Celaena and it's clearly not obsession. Celaena herself admitted that sometimes she felt that her bond with Aedion is stronger than the one with her parents and she also mentioned how there was something else in that bond that she couldn't identify or explain. If Aelin had a twin, Aedion would be the perfect match and not just in terms of appearances. And I just couldn't stop squealing when reading those scenes between Aedion and Aelin back when they were kids! So. Adorable. I am definitely looking forward to more Aedion scenes in the future sequels and especially his reunion with his beloved cousin. I'm also hoping to read a lot of Aedion/Aelin scenes as well.(less)

Andreea Pop
"Enemy. Lover.
Queen."

Heir of Fire is undoubtedly one of the best books I've ever read. It certainly will be my favorite book of the year. It is gloriously long and kept me occupied for an entire day (night hours included) making me crave to find out more, but also stop reading so that the book won't end just yet.

You think you know Celaena from reading the first two books, right? Oh, but you're so so wrong. In this book we see her more than broken, relentlessly blaming herself for the fates and
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
This is going to be a book that I will constantly be thinking about until I'm able to get my hands on the next book. It was incredible and I'm so happy with the way this story is evolving. NOW GIVE ME QUEEN OF SHADOWS.

(full video review coming soooooon)
Emily May
I'm not sure what to say about Heir of Fire. Perhaps I don't need to say anything beyond: it took me months to read it. And I am the kind of crazy passionate reader that finishes good books in a day or two. It's been a while since a book took me longer than a week to read.

So basically:
I liked but had issues with Throne of Glass.
I absolutely LOVED Crown of Midnight.
But this book... this book was so... bloody... sloooooowwwwwww.

I wanted to DNF it so bad. I kept moving it between my "currently read
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
Initial Reaction: Holy crap. I can't breathe. Oh my god. That was epic. WHERE IS BOOK #4??

Read the full review at A Perfection Called Books

**This review contains spoilers from previous Throne of Glass books

As I'm sure you all know by now, I am obsessed with the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. I was ecstatic when Bloomsbury sent me an ARC! Picking up not long after the heart-wrenching end of Crown of Midnight, Sarah J Maas dazzles and entrances readers once more with a phenomenal third
Christine Riccio
SO GOOD. THIS SERIES. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Here's my full blown booktalk discusison with all the theories and thoughts: http://youtu.be/yRCCFlvBeu8
Lyanna (I need a Herondale in life)
Oh god.
OH GOD
I just finished this and I cannot -- my thoughts are -- no I can't think straight.

There are so many hot guys in this book that it should be illegal.

My over-hormonal body cannot take reading about these characters while knowing that I cannot have ANY OF THEM.

There's Dorian charming the ever-loving hell out of me:

There's Aedion walking into our lives like:

Then there's Rowan:

hot damn

[inhales]

small note: Who else was reminded of Prince Ash from the Iron Fey series when reading a
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”She has no hope, Prince. She has no hope left in her heart. Help her. If not for her sake, then at least for what she represents – what she could offer all of us, you included.”
“And what is that?” he dared ask.
Emrys met his gaze unflinchingly as he whispered, “A better world.”

First of all: YES, the rumour is true!
This series really gets better and better with each and every single book! ;-)
Just thought I’d let you know! *lol*

To be honest, after “Crown of Midnight” all I hoped for was that “Hei
Steph Sinclair
May 20, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one, really.
Recommended to Steph by: Everyone
Reasons why I didn't like this book:

- It was dull as dirt
- It was waaaaaaaay too long
- I was so tired of the angst, no matter how justified it was
- Rowan is overrated. There, I said it.
- I fell asleep listening to the audiobook over 15 times. 7 alone for the last 10%.
- The chapters with the witches felt SO POINTLESS. (BTW, the king outlawed magic, but witches are okay? dafuq? Oh well, I don't care.)
- I feel like each book follows the same plot: Celena trains. Celena fights with cute guy. Mysteri
Zoë
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEAUTIFUL. JUST SO DANG BEAUTIFUL.
I loved the new characters (except Sorscha) and it was just a wonderful book. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF MANON. AND ROWAN. AND CELAENA (duh).
Now where's my copy of Queen of Shadows?
Khurram
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant. Sarah J Maas is becoming my favourite author. Her writing style is engaging, engrossing, intelligent, and easy to follow. Her imagination and storytelling are amazing. This story is a lot slower than the Crown of Midnight; it concentrates more on the character development.

At the end of the last book we learned not only who Celaena Sardothien really is but also what she really is. Her relationship with Chaol is in tatters. Having "suggested" to the king to send her on a mission for her
Ben Alderson
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING BETTER THEN THE PROGRESSION OF THIS SERIES.. THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVOURITE ONE SO FAR!
Wendy Darling
4.5 bloody, beautiful stars

The adrenaline, the heartbreak, and the sweeping epicness of this story just slay me. What the hell am I supposed to do now? *weeps piteously*

Also, I imagine Manon smiling calmly as she rips out your heart. :D
Miranda Reads
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-series
Ohmygosh. The Maas-ter has done it again
She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.
This one was so freaking good. Honestly, when was the last time that the third book in a series was just as good as the first?

Celaena - deadly, battered and broken - is sent to a neighboring kingdom. She must find a way to destroy the wyrdkeys to save the kingdom (and possibly the world) from the rule of a corrupt kingdom.
And then I am going to rattle the stars.
Manon - ruthless, discipli
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
*Reread January 2016*
Reread to refresh my memory because wow I forgot everything. This is my least favourite of the series so far, but I still loved it. I just found it to be a very informational, plot advancing book with not a lot actually happening, but I will be doing a video review for it soon so stay tuned for that!

*Originally read May 2015*
I need Queen of Shadows now please
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-Read on Audio! I'm loving these re-reads on audio, they make the world come to life. That is if you have a great narrator and Elizabeth Evans rocks it out on these books. It took me forever to listen to this one. I walked the room, colored, looked at pictures. Lol, now I have to move on to the next book after I listen to It, which will take six months!

But, still loving it! It was awesome to hear Manon in action action and everyone else! Holy crow!

www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I AM IN
Emma Giordano
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
I definitely enjoyed this book more the second time around! It still is not my favorite in the series, but I'm SUPER glad I gave it another shot.

What's funny is, the first time I read Heir of Fire, I skipped over many of Manon's chapters because I just wanted to read about Celaena, but this time, I was more bored with her chapters and was WAYYY more invested in Manon's!

As Heir of Fire is what stopped me from continuing the series back in 2014, I am definitely more motivated now! I think I'm goi
Cait • A Page with a View
Fireheart – why do you cry? “Because I am lost,” she whispered onto the earth. “And I do not know the way.”

This is seriously one of the most emotional books I've ever read. I'm going through this series for the fourth time and need to rewrite this whole fangirling review in some attempt to explain how amazing Maas is…

(There might be a minor spoiler with how I refer to Celaena in the next sentence, buuuut I'm not sure how anyone's avoided that by this point): this is the book where it’s kind of
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
3 - 3.5 Stars

Maybe I will review this later, maybe I won’t...

Regardless. The most important thing you need to know about my totally non important thoughts on this book is this:

Helloooooooo Rowan.
Hubba hubba.

Other than that, some parts moved like a ship through mud; but in the end, I really loved seeing our protagonist come into her own here. I live for special powers, yo.

But really...

Hubba hubba, ROWAN.
Regan
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was everything.
Elisabeth Wheatley
A year? I have to wait another year? I can only hope that I live that long and don't die of anguish first.

And Celanea and Chaol had BETTER get back together in this one or There. Will. Be. BLOOD.
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
I dont think you fuckers realize how fecking amazing this book is

“So she steeled herself. “I have never told anyone this story. No one in the world knows it. But it’s mine,” she said, blinking past the burning in her eyes, “and it’s time for me to tell it.”
descriptiondescription

This series is either a love or hate for most but either way you have to admit how brilliant the writing is.
Celaena/Aelin our heroine, broken and exhausted by life
“You cannot pick and choose what parts of her to love. You do not have th
Chelsea Humphrey
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chelsea by: Solomon ~ TheBookishKing
"She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one."

I know that this seems to be everyone's least favorite ToG installment, but I personally thought it was the strongest I've read (so far). Going into this series at such a late date meant I was aware of all the major spoilers before reading them, and I was truly ok with this; I like being prepared and knowing when my heart can finally focus on a coupling that may last for awhile. But seriously, I was thinking she would have a new lov
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
8/21/15 - Revised:

The only thing from my original review that needs amending is now that I'm not rushing, rushing to know ALL THE THINGS, the early POV changes no longer seem jarring and/or disruptive.

Patience . . . Not my virtue. #selfawarenessFTW

SO instead I will enumerate all the reasons why I think Chaol is an idiot manboy who doesn't deserve Celaena, and why I do NOT think he's her mate: (view spoiler)
Mitchii
Heir of Fire left me a bit conflicted.

I’m a big fan of the first two books even though I admitted how fussy I am with this genre. But this series proved me wrong—twice. Now, in the mood to read it, I braced myself with expectation based on my previous experiences. But it came to a point where all these development stirred clear from what I know of the series.

If anything else, this third installment was without a shadow of doubt a set-up. Sure, there are tons of things that needed to develop did
jessica
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
im running out of ways to praise the masterpiece that is SJM storytelling. she tends to be simple in her writing, but a rawness and vibrancy comes through in that simplicity, which makes the story easy to devour. and this third instalment is no exception; if anything, its even better! i loved learning more about celaenas past (which i have been desperate for since book one) and i enjoyed seeing chaol develop as a character. if i could change anything about this book, however, it would have been ...more
☆♥☆Kotyonok꧁꧂
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people i dont want at my funeral
Recommended to ☆♥☆Kotyonok꧁꧂ by: everyone and im the dumbass that listened
"After a long, torturous and miserable battle with the great beast known as "Heir of Fire", in the deepest parts of the cemetery..."

"....Kotyonok was laid to rest. Finally. Peacefully....

BUT THEN....A HEARTBEAT LATER...."

"She arose, prowling in all her potato and triggering glory, to tell the tale of the beast that had slayed her, of the long fight...

....taking a deep breath, in the most eloquent of words...she purred:

"THIS FUCKING SUCKED. THE WRITING SUCKED, CELAENA/AELINW HATEVER HER NAME IS S
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Updated** 8/17... after rereading - I am STILL floored but I have so much more to say this time around. (Also check out Cait's review because it says everything I was trying to say and more.)

Wow this was a difficult review to write because this book was 100% emotional for me.

I'm gonna get a little opinionated first, then I *promise* to get more lighthearted ;) ;) AND I promise to spare you of my SJM speech but you can read it in my other reviews.

One of the biggest complaints that I've seen about
Yonaily
“Once upon a time,” she said to him, to the world, to herself, “in a land long since burned to ash, there lived a young princess who loved her kingdom.... very much.”

So, we're back to book one. Throne of Glass was good, but it was obvious that the book was the first in a series, because you all noticed the inconsistensies and flaws. Now we're talking about a third installment and, after how awesomely flawless Crown of Midnight was, I was expecting Heir of Fire to be just as good.

I'm gonna sta
Angela
Read originally 9/14
Re read 8/15
Re read 3/17

First off does anyone else think that the covers for book two and three should have been switch? Maybe it’s just me.
Either way I’m really loving the covers for this whole series so far. but to the point...

I will say that I didn’t like this book as much as book two, mainly because this book had so much “setting up” to it that will be important later on and I was really hoping for some more badassassin like there was in the second novel, but there reall
Serena (The Book Comedian)
**EDIT: FINAL REVIEW BELOW

9/3/13

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FEELIN' ABOUT THAT CROWN OF MIDNIGHT ENDING

probably something like this:

Just kill me, KILL MEEEEHHH!!

Oh wait I'm already dead, I died when I read that ending-

*Crown Of Midnight Review:

*follow for more reviews :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

9/28/14

THE ANTICPATION HAS BEEN REAL. THE TIME IS NOW. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE HEIR OF FIRE REVIEW IS HERE.

Did you feel how dramat
Does anyone dislike Rowan? 19 214 Sep 11, 2018 12:41PM
Vote: Who do you think Celaena should end up with? 414 2866 Jul 12, 2018 04:56PM
2-3-4 Challenge: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #3) - July 2018 3 16 Jul 10, 2018 05:18AM
Dorian or Chaol: That is the question! 43 747 Jul 01, 2018 11:32AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: * Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas 1 8 Jun 29, 2018 03:21AM
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
  • Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3)
  • Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3)
  • Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • Endsinger (The Lotus Wars, #3)
  • Crushed (Soul Eaters, #2)
  • Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
  • Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Taste of Darkness (Healer, #3)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too

Throne of Glass (7 books)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Player of Games (Culture, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage