Start by marking “Ungodly (Goddess War, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ungodly (Goddess War, #3)

Ungodly

(Goddess War #3)

For the Goddess of Wisdom, what Athena didn’t know could fill a book. That’s what her opponents said.

So she was wrong about some things. So her carefully planned assault on Olympus left her team beaten and scattered and possibly dead. So they have to fight the Fates themselves, who, it turns out, are the source of the gods’ illness. And sure, Athena is stuck in the underwo
Published September 22nd 2015 by Tor Teen

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

Those of us who’ve been waiting for Ungodly with bated breath knew right from the start that this would not be a lighthearted conclusion. Greek gods come and do as they please and they tend to leave nothing but blood in their wake. So when you put those gods in the hands of someone like Kendare Blake, an author known for her talent in writing blood and gore, a bloody battle is pretty much what you’re going to get.

Our heroes, separated in battle, find themselves in three different places, fight
Gabriella M
Sep 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
I find Cassandra, at this point in the story, to be unbearably annoying.
Giselle
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss for review.

I was super excited to find out how this trilogy ended and was hoping for some sort of reveal or big twist... Which didn't happen. There was too much dialogue and planning for something that was supposed to be an epic long battle at the end. I was sadly mistaken. I wanted something more from the plot. Maybe a twist or two that would help.

There was a lot of running around with false leads, trying to find out
Heather
I freaking LOVE this series so much!!!!! Even though I don't want it to be over it ended as well as it could. Well, except )(view spoiler) And I'm happy with the ending. I still hate Cassandra. She's a rude little bitch. I'm still not sure if the author wanted us readers to like her or not. I realize Athena is the the Virgin Goddess and all but I seriously wanted her to finally give it up to Od ...more
Angela Hanson
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This ending gave me an ulcer!
My anxiety over the contents in Ungodly was so strong, I had to get up, walk away and yell at the characters just to decompress.
A stunning ending to an amazing adventure!!!
Suzanne
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an very satisfying ending the to trilogy. I mean Cassandra has her dumb moments but overall it was a very good series with a great plot and amusing take on some of mythology’s entertaining characters. Loved this series.

My quick and simple overall: fun and intriguing series.
haley
What the actual fuck did I just read? This whole trilogy...I have no idea what to think of it. I'm not sure if I liked it or disliked it. All I know is that I sped through this thing, eager for the conclusion.

Alright, something I need to rant about. Achilles is the bad guy? NOOOOOOO!!!! *screams* I acknowledge that Achilles is a proud, stubborn asshole, but goddamnit Song of Achilles really endeared me to him. I cannot stand that he is the antagonist. And he didn't even turn back to the good sid
Mizuki
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

(1) I really don't like how Athena reacts to the crisis of (view spoiler), I mean it's sad I know, but must you abandon your allies right after this thing happens!?

(2) I like how Cassandra develops through the story and I also like she isn't a character with a lily-white consciousness, (view spoiler)
Alexa
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great way to end a series 😍

I'm going to miss reading about these characters. Blake dos an awesome job with putting a modern day spin on the Greek gods and their problems.

This series is much better than her Three Dark Crowns. If you're trying to decide between the two, I would definitely recommend this ones we the other.
Kristen
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved it!! I'll be writing my full review soon
Federica
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Here we go again, for the last time.

I always feel a bitter-sweet sensation in ending a beloved book series, and this time is no exception. I had grew fond of these characters, I knew that, but I hadn't figured out that it would have been so sad to let them go after this last act.

I am really satisfied with this last book. Each piece has fallen into the place that belonged to it till the beginning, and even though this result was possible only after so much despair and blood, it was worth it.
The p
☆Stephanie☆
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the BEST SERIES I HAVE EVER READ. I plan on just just doing a review for the whole series - it’s just one of the best I have had the pleasure to read and it took me so long bc I didn’t want it to end. I’m actually having a book hangover from it. Nothing compares. RTC.
Farlene
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: december-2015
3.5*

Although I liked this series as a whole, this last book lacked a bit of luster that its predecessors were filled with to the brim. I was hoping for a faster pace with a lot more action, especially after the mind blowing cliffhanger in book two! But what I got was a very very slow build to something that was just anticlimactic.
I still liked the story though and I was happy with the outcome of all the characters.
The connection between Thanatos and Cassandra was electric. Although Cassandra kep
Celeste
Ok so I’ve read the whole series and overall it’s not bad. I love reading anything to do with Gods and Goddesses, also princes and duke’s but that’s irrelevant. I’m a bit confused about my feelings about this trilogy tbh, on the one hand it was more interesting or at least less depressing than that Goddess series thing by P.C. Cast, on the other Cassandra is/was one of ‘those’. And by that I mean the annoying, whiny, all talk no… well you know, sort of main character that didn’t engender love.
T
Asia
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a lot better than "Mortal gods" and I quite liked the ending (view spoiler)
Ashleigh
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**SPOILERS FOR ANTIGODDESS AND MORTAL GODS**

Ungodly is the third and final book in the Goddess War trilogy, and wew, what a finale! After the events of Mortal Gods, Cassandra and Calypso are on the road, on the hunt of more Gods in Cassandra's quest to kill all the Gods. They are presumed dead by the rest of the group, as is Athena, who was last seen jumping from Olympus with Odysseus's body after he was murdered. Will the group ever be reunited? Will Cassandra follow through with her plan to as
Danissa Macaraig

Publisher: TOR Teen
Number of Pages: 363
Date Published: September 22 2015

Synopsis

As ancient immortals are left reeling, a modern Athena and Hermes search the world for answers in the final Goddess War novel by the acclaimed author of Anna Dressed in Blood

For the Goddess of Wisdom, what Athena didn’t know could fill a book. That’s what Ares said.

So she was wrong about some things. So the assault on Olympus left
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
After a very busy week, I’ve finally managed to finish Kendare Blake’s Ungodly! It was quite a surprising end to the trilogy. I had so many theories and possibilities all planned out in my head and I don’t think any of them turned out right! LOL!

The start of this book was chaos, as in everything was chaotic with all the characters separated and doing their own thing. It was crazy! Yet I was enjoying it! We have Cassandra on a mission with Calypso trying to find Hades, because basically, Cassandr
belle ☆ミ (mybookcastle)
actual rating: 3.5

cassandra was less bratty and annoying in Ungodly. THANK GOODNESS, probably since she wasn't around athena that much.

there were things that i found unnecessary which pertains to relationships and i wasn't a big fan of the little hints. (view spoiler)
Pili
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic final book for this trilogy! As action filled and creepy and gory as the other two, or maybe a lil more! Kendare Blake doesn't pull any punches, so prepare yourself for a wild ride!

With the evil cliffhanger ending that we were left after Mortal Gods, the trepidation of what might happen in this one was real, so much that I read a sampler with the 10 first chapters because I NEEDED TO KNOW!

I will do my best to be as spoiler free for the whole series and this book in particular a
Ashley
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
So, I see again and again these books with the label horror. Which is strange to me. There's really nothing more horrific than any other Greek myth. If you've never gone through 7th grade English, yeah terrifying.

One thing you should know about this series is most Greek myths have several different versions. The author here doesn't always take the most well known or popular version which can be a bit confusing. Also the gods don't act like you'd expect. Athena, goddess of wisdom, kinda an idiot
doctor
Okay so let me get this straight
Zeus just doesn't exist... ever.
And Atropos is just... dying.
And Thanatos just can't... die.
And Aidan is never given any justice and I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY ODY WAS SO STRONG AND FOR SOME REASON CASSANDRA'S PARENTS NEEDED TO FIND OUT ABOUT HER POWERS AND
HHHHH
This book was annoying because it didn't answer any questions that the series set up and also I am tired of white gods that serve no purpose other than to be plot fodder. Also where is Hercules?! Why wouldn't t
Stefanie
I really wanted to like these. I feel like every time I read a Kendare Blake book I want to write on her report card "Not living up to her potential." She has great ideas, but this book was so indescribably dull.

I will give her this, though, she is great at gore.
The-Readaholic
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
DAMMMIITTT I NEED THIS BOOK STATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
ATHENA AND ODYSSEUS !!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kerri
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of the best finales! This series is definitely on my shortlist of favs!!
Jessie Potts
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, rt-booklovers
Full review to come closer to release date

Love this series on page and audio
Nakieta
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER!! "Throws book on floor"

(but not really Danielle don't worry, I wouldn't disrespect your property like that ;)
fairywine
Here we are at the final book of the Goddess War trilogy. I won’t deny I’ve had some pretty extreme highs and lows with this series, but now that we’re at the end I can say I have zero regrets. They aren’t perfect, but the good aspects of the Goddess War novels are just so fantastic they override even the worst of the bad.

After the disastrous failed attack on Mount Olympus, Athena and her allies are left scattered. The prophetess Cassandra and the nymph Calypso end up west, seeking out the god
Carina Olsen
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have waited so long for this book. Yet I was so nervous when I finally got my hardcover. I was scared that I might not love it. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. It was perfection. Such a good ending. Best book of the three. And I loved book one and two to pieces. So thrilled that I loved Ungodly even more.

I have enjoyed this trilogy so much. Antigoddess and Mortal Gods and Ungodly. All three books were amazing. Such stunning writing. Such amazing and awful characters. I adored and hated
Iz
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cassandra was annoying and terrible.
Athena, Odysseus, Hermes, Thanatos and even Ares and his wolves I loved so much.
I wish the epilogue was longer though!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Other Worlds
  • The Strange Maid (The United States of Asgard, #2)
  • Frail Human Heart (The Name of the Blade, #3)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
  • The Eternity Key (Into the Dark, #2)
  • Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)
  • Inheritance (Inheritance #1)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
  • Sorceress (Spellcaster, #3)
  • The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy, #3)
  • Glittering Shadows (Dark Metropolis, #2)
  • Gods of Chaos (Red Magic #2)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Of Shadows and Obsession (Of Metal and Wishes, #0.5)
  • Storm (Paper Gods, #3)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
  • The Wicked + The Divine #21
So, I write books. The Anna Dressed in Blood duo is horror, The Goddess War trilogy is mythology, and Sleepwalk Society is contemporary, because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some. Love to read, too. Fiction, philosophy, good books, bad books, because you take the good you take the bad you take them both and there you have a st ...more

Goddess War (3 books)
  • Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1)
  • Mortal Gods (Goddess War, #2)