Start by marking “The Gingerbread Man Loose at Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Gingerbread Man Loose at Christmas

The Gingerbread Man Loose at Christmas

This Gingerbread Man was loose in the school and on the fire truck, and now he’s loose at holiday time!

Everyone in class is busy practicing songs and making goodies for their trip to town to thank community helpers, and the Gingerbread Man has made a gift for someone extra sweet. But before he can deliver his gift, whipping wind and swirling snow come to town, too. Slushy
Published October 13th 2015 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Gingerbread Man Loose at Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gingerbread Man Loose at Christmas

Start your review of The Gingerbread Man Loose at Christmas
Sophia Triad
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, christmas
We read the book off-season and we still enjoyed the story.
It is a perfect book if you want the little ones to appreciate kindness and gratitude.
Carrie Charley Brown
The Gingerbread Man is back and has become a true friend and active participant in his classroom. With a little encouragement from his teacher, he and his fellow classmates band together to prepare small acts of kindness and appreciation for their greater community. Proving that love comes in creative, thoughful packages and a little help goes a long way, the Gingerbread Man Loose at Christmas is likely to start a caring chain. As with the first two books, The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School ...more
Elaine
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytimes
Not as good as the "Loose at the Zoo" one.
Meg McGregor
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday-reads
This is one of a series of preschool books featuring the lovable Gingerbread Man.

It is definitely my favorite of the series! (So far)

The story is told in poetic verse; this time the Gingerbread Man, and his preschool class, are creating presents for their neighbors because "it is the season of giving, and we can give too" says their teacher.

I really enjoyed what the Gingerbread Man gave to the baker! "I've come to say thanks for your sweet recipe, without it my class would've never made me! I
Jana
This fun rhyming picture book has everyone's favorite Gingerbread Man helping his classmates at school make a merry Christmas for all of their friends and neighbors. The class gets busy making Christmas cards, Christmas treats, and poems to distribute to the folks in the neighborhood near the school. But as the weather starts turning nasty, Gingerbread Man may not get his chance to thank someone very special to him. The bold, holiday-colored illustrations along with the rollicking text make this ...more
Cheryl
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Dumb. Maybe I would have liked it more if I started with the first, or if I were a little kid or mom of same, but a cold read just leaves me cold.... If you really want to do something nice for the holiday, do something for ppl who are alone or unappreciated. Teachers and bakers etc. get plenty of gratitude all year. And besides, gratitude is a Thanksgiving theme.
Mariah Blair
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I always really enjoy "The Gingerbread Man Loose" books, but this one was not my favorite. I did like the message that you can spread kindness, love and show appreciation for others as Christmas gifts. Also, that you can make things for others, instead of buying things and that that's a good way to spread happiness and Christmas cheer too.
Isabella
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The kids are all making gifts for the people in the neighborhood. Gingerbread man has a special gift to deliver to a special person but the streets are filled with yuck and muck that make his feet all soggy. Will he be able to deliver his gift? Will his feet dissolve into cookie crumbs??
Kelley Mitchell
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solid Christmas addition. The rhythmic echoes of “Night Before Christmas “. Work well, and the story pairs up with making gingerbread ornaments pretty well.
Monica Litteral
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet book reminding us that we should have a thankful heart at Christmas. There are so many different people that help us, teach us, love us, and serve us.
Steve Tetreault
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
It was an OK gingerbread man story.
Michele Moore
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute Christmas story with a focus on being thankful for those around us. My story time kids loved it with a bunch of gingerbread crafts
Joni Roberts
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The gingerbread man loose at Christmas

This book was a great Christmas read with my 6 year old nephew. He really loved the rhymes and the story.
Joanne Zienty
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-fiction
Cute Christmas sequel in this series. This one emphasizes Christmas as a time for giving and a time for thanking the people who are special in our lives.
Rebecca Caufman
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Covers many of the workers in a neighborhood.
Leslea
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books, kidlit
My daughter loves these. Why are we on a Christmas kick? IDK She's always into the Gingerbread Man, though. It's been her "thing" since before we discovered this series.
Innocentface 247
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The drawing is cute and i like the fact that most of the phrases rhyme.
Deb
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I won this book and a package of related gifts (temporary tattoos and a stuffed toy.) The shipment came with a warm note from the author and she seems lovely. I wish I could give it five stars. I can't.

It's a cute little book and "cute" is the word that gets used a lot in the reviews of it. Solidly three stars. It focuses on gratitude for the contributions workers make to a child's world (Doctor, Florist, Bank Teller, etc.) and suggests an attitude of mutual giving for the children in a way
Venus
Nov 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Review originally posted on Children's Atheneum

What I liked about this book was the focus on gratitude. In a world that is so so busy, it is important for children to understand the importance of a simple thank you and the many different ways we can thank someone. More than that, there are so many people in a child's life that they can thank. The illustrations, as in the other Gingerbread Man books, are bright and busy. As an adult I did find the story to be a bit preachy and definitely
Heidi
Murray's adorable Gingerbread Man returns for the holiday season. This time, he works with his classmates to create gifts for the community workers. Not only is this a sweet book about the value of creating gifts with one's own hands, but also doing kind deeds for others. The inclusion of many different community helpers also makes it valuable book about jobs. As always, Murray's rhymes are fun to read, especially the Gingerbread Man's refrains. The problem that the Gingerbread Man runs into is ...more
Julie Esanu
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Like its predecessors in the “Gingerbread Man Loose…” series, this book is another rollicking, rhyming romp. As a former teacher, Laura Murray easily connects with students and her material always captures their interest. The focus on this holiday-themed Gingerbread Man story is on giving and kindness, and the many ways we can reach out to others. The Gingerbread Man and his class practice simple acts of kindness throughout the neighborhood (with a special focus on teachers), making this book ...more
Margie
Dec 29, 2015 added it
Running as fast as he can The Gingerbread Man Loose at Christmas (G. P. Putnam's Sons, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA), October 13, 2015) written by Laura Murray with illustrations by Mike Lowery races toward readers. Christmas is coming. The Gingerbread Man, his teacher and classroom chums are busily working like elves.

My full recommendation: http://librariansquest.blogspot.com/2...
Daphne
What a neat book! I like this better than the other ones in this series, maybe because I used to be a teacher, and it made me go "Aw!" at the end. I really like how this book addresses all different members of the community, and I loved the part where he met the baker. I also really like that this gives us a kind-hearted gingerbread man option to read aloud at storytime during the Christmas holidays. Nice!
AbsentLibrarian
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fun book! This would make a nice present for a teacher.

The story takes the class through the town to spread cheer and thanks to the community members. It is a pleasant mix of learning about who is in your community; being kind, giving and thoughtful; and, the spirit of Christmas.

While this has a Christmas theme, it is more about the feelings and nature of giving than specific traditions or religion. Suitable for anyone.
Michelle
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fresh tale of kids and a gingerbread man who make or come up with gifts for their neighbors at Christmas and go out together to deliver them. The gingerbread man waits until last since he wants to thank the baker.He gets fixed up a bit by her and he goes back to class in time to recite the poem the class made up for the teacher.
Cathy Mealey
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
The third book in the Gingerbread Man series finds the charming cookie champ teaming up with his class to deliver simple holiday cheer to community helpers throughout the town. Bouncy rhyme and a theme of gratitude and thoughtfulness make this playful spiced supercookie story a tasty holiday treat.
PWRL
Aug 12, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2016-new
SM
Michelle Simpson
The first two Gingerbread Man books were favorites among my students and I have no doubt this one will be too!
Leslie
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Great book, I loved it.
Margo Jantzi
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love how this book lends itself to guiding our students to say THANK YOU to our community helpers.

• How to Catch Santa
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • A Perfect Day
  • Because
  • Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
  • Snowmen at Christmas
  • The Undefeated
  • Merry Christmas from the Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
  • Say Something
Laura Murray was a teacher before becoming an author, is a popular speaker at schools, and has had to deal with many an escaped Gingerbread Man in her day. She is the author of THE GINGERBREAD MAN LOOSE IN THE SCHOOL, and the Gingerbread Man’s continuing school adventures - THE GINGERBREAD MAN LOOSE ON THE FIRE TRUCK, THE GINGERBREAD MAN LOOSE AT CHRISTMAS, and THE GINGERBREAD MAN LOOSE AT THE ZOO ...more