Start by marking “This Crazy Love (Crazy Mountain Series #1)” as Want to Read:
This Crazy Love  (Crazy Mountain Series #1)

This Crazy Love

(Crazy Mountain #1)

Austin Green’s complicated past consists of a broken home, a broken engagement, and only his twin brother, Adam, to rely on. His dreams of the future are simple… a wife, a family and the love and stability that had been denied him in his youth. Everything Austin has ever wanted stands within his reach… every dream, every hope, every desire. But the price of his dream may p ...more
ebook
Published January 28th 2015 by Stefanie Pratt

To ask other readers questions about This Crazy Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Crazy Love

Lynne Garlick
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is the first book I have read by this author.......and I just want to know......where the heck have I been?!
This book had me from the first page...the anger and devastation that Austin was feeling rippled off the page making me take a deep breath, hoping I had the strength to get to the end.....then Fiona got the call from her sister to say she needed her at the ranch.
My heart was literally pulled from my chest as I took the ride with her.....I felt every struggle she did to get past that g
Lynn Smith
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a arc copy of this book for an honest review.

Austin Green wasn't dealing with his anger well and was having problems getting a grip on it. His twin brother Adam told him to take some time and try and work it out. Getting a job on a ranch for the summer Austin sets off to deal with his anger. Fiona was broken, things from her past kept her from moving on and developing any type of a relationship with a man. When her sisters Briana calls her and asks her to come home to the ranch to help
LettyT
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm writing this review a week after I read this book and I still have a lump in my throat. It's a beautiful story of not just love between two people but of love between siblings, between friends and roommates.

Fiona Harper ran away from her nightmares of The Lazy D Dude Ranch a long time ago, vowing to never return. A call from her sister, Brianna needing her help has her doing something she never thought she ever would, return to the ranch.

It's at the ranch where she meets the very angry Aus
Penny
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book by the author for an honest review.

I started reading and I admit it took me a while to get into which is why it took me 11 days to get it read. The first half went a little slow but by halfway I was hooked. What I loved about This Crazy Love is Fiona and Austin didn't immediately fall in love and jump in bed which seems to happen in most books these days. Though they were attracted to each other they became friends, earned each others trust and then things moved a
Vicky
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author for an honest review. This is one of the best books I've read in a while. Fi is one broken young lady. Austin is almost as broken. They both end up working on the same dude ranch for the summer. They end up as room mats, and along the way start to help each other become close to being whole again. This story is so well written and the characters literally jump out at you. If you are looking for a book that sucks you in and doesn't let you go then this is the b ...more
Renita
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book to write an honest review and I am so glad I had the chance to do so.
I have read most of S.H. Pratt's books and loved them all, this book is my favorite so far! I love the way Austin and Fiona find each other, in love and comfort.
Go read it, it's amazing!
BookAddict
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes fate puts someone directly in our path and we fail to get the memo. So fate sets up extreme circumstances to force to people together. When Fiona's sister breaks her leg, it means Fiona has to return to the site of the most horrific day of her life to help her sister and brother-in-law with the family dude ranch in Montana, a place she’s avoided for the past sixteen years. Although Fiona and Austin have crossed paths several times in their hometown of Olympia, WA, it’s not until Austin ...more
Michelle
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Daverba
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say out of The Crazy Mountain Series, this is my favorite book. Wow, this book sure has a lot of twist and turns. I was glad to see that after everything that Fiona and Austin went thru they finally had their happily ever after. I also liked how in this book we learn more about Angie and everything that happened to her as well as her relationship with Adam. I'm a bit curious about Charlie and would love to find out more about that little piece of information that came out of this.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing

***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

SH Pratt has the ability to write real and likable characters. People with substance and real life issues. Ones that won't just go away with sweet words and boo-boo kisses.

Austin and Fi have both had their fair share of tragedy. He has anger issues and she is struggling with her demons.

They end up working together at the ranch and slowly, their relationship develops. I really enjoyed the way SH Pratt explored this. They have trust issues - serious trust issues. They're
Ashley  Hayes
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Both Fiona and Austin have had terrible events in their lives that have impacted them tremendously and not in a positive way. They’re both so angry at the world, it’s a wonder they don’t explode from all the pent up emotions. The writer definitely knows how to tell a great story of love and redemption. I cannot wait to read the next installment and I’ve just finished this book about 20 minutes ago.
Austin is the perfect book boyfriend. He is caring, takes his time with Fiona and is nice to kids a
Suleika Santana -All About Books
**2.5 stars (rounded to 3) ecopy provided for an honest review
Sorry to say that this story did not work for me at all. I had to put it down several times and tried to see if I liked it better after some time had pass but it just didn't work. I didn't like the h which is a big deal to me, I just could not connect with her at all. Her constant rolling of eyes and saying Mother's Love got on my nerves.
Examples:
Oh mother's love he feels so good.
A challenge and a promise... holy shit, he was serious
Katie Boettcher
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Go get peanut butter m&ms

I am one of SH Pratt's biggest fans. I have read all of her books and this one is her best work yet! Her talent has really flourished in This Crazy Love.

Austin and Fiona will grab your heart and take you on an intense ride full of emotions and witty one liners. I loved that this book helped you deal with the heavy scenes by throwing in something to lighten the mood wether it be a co-worker being put in an awkward situation or a knock on the door. This book will leav
Kelly
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Austin and Fi have both had their share of tragedy and end up at the dude ranch for very different reasons. Austin is searching for peace and Fi is facing her demons, not by her choice. Grab a box of Kleenex and settle in. This book will evoke emotions that are beyond your control.
SH Pratt really knows how to pull you into a story and always leaves you wanting more. This book is a must read. I recommend you one click today as you won't be disappointed.

Kristina Bonham
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Destiny, chance, fate, kismet, call it what you want but sometimes the Universe has plans for people even if they have no idea. Austin and Fiona have both been through their share of pain and anger. They find themselves together for a summer and a friendship forms. The story was beautiful and a great love story. I was sad when I finished reading, I didn't want the story to end. I highly recommend reading.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

There is a lot to learn from this love story. Post-traumatic stress disorder comes in different forms and its effect on people is multivariate

Read full review in the 2015 Holiday issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the way that Austin is there for Fi even when he didn't know much about her.
Jessica
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A friend I met through a fb book group recommended this author to me and I am so glad she did. The author is originally from my home state of Montana. This book is based mainly in Montana and I loved that. Reading the towns she mentioned was awesome because I know the area very well. One of the towns Big Timer when it was mentioned I had a memory rush through my mind, its not a town I like to stop in when driving from my town to Billings but next time I might just stop.

Fi and Austin are both gr
Sherry Koch
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This Crazy Love is a great romantic read. Austin is angry. Fiona is angry. One would think that getting two people together that are so angry all the time is recipe for an explosion, but not here. The characters were wonderful. It took me a little patience while reading, to get to the point where the characters could develop enough to share their deepest secrets; not only with each other, but the readers as well. I was almost worried for a minute as the end of the book was closing in that after ...more
Penny Leidecker
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An emotional page turner

This is the first book I’ve read by S.H. Pratt, but it definitely won’t be my last. Austin Green is hurting from the loss of his fiancée, while Fiona Harper is dealing with returning to the Lazy D dude ranch to help her sister, Brianna? Austin and Fiona’s story is full of many obstacles, so how will they ever be able to be together? What Fiona experienced on her eighteenth birthday is horrific and explains why she has such a hard time being back on the ranch. Will she eve
Brooke May
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Some books give you a feeling that you are home. S.H. Pratt's This Crazy Love is just that book for me. Set in Montana, I felt a sense of familiarity with the areas S.H. used as the setting for her story. I fashion myself a Wyotana girl since I grew up in both Wyoming and Montana. I could smell the trees and see the land every time I closed my eyes.
And then there was the characters and the story - journey they embark on to find healing after both have been through so much pain. My heart ached fo
Michelle
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the ending to Fiona and Austin’s story! It was great closure, full of drama and some action. I love little Sebastian. And the eagle. Ah, so many sweet things about this series. I enjoyed watching the characters grow and develop throughout the series (though Austin backtracked a bit as we see in this book, which departed from his usual strong and supportive personality). There were so many twists and turns it had my head spinning a bit, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. The glimpses into Ang ...more
Ursula Schutte
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from SH Pratt. I received to book for an honest review.

Wow....What an awesome story of Austin and Fiona. Meeting up on Fiona sister ranch to work for the summer, to becoming good friends and in the end lovers.

I loved the storyline from beginning to end and battled to put the book down. Anyone looking for an awesome story full of mystery in the beginning to adventure and love is in for a treat.
This Crazy Love deserves more than a 5 star rating.

Daverba
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I read by S. H. Pratt and overall I have enjoyed reading it.
When I first read the blurb for this book I was immediately drawn to it. I loved how S.H. Pratt gave directions of the different places that Fiona and Austin went to, it just made me pack my bags and go there.
This book had me laughing and crying but mostly crying. Can't wait to reading book #2 on this series.
Staci
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overcoming loss and tragedy can be insurmountable.

Some things are nearly impossible to truly heal from. Yet we must find ways to continue as days keep coming. Often we ignore or avoid places and things that remind us. When forced to face our worst issues anger is a natural defense. It is one step closer to healing than denial.
Colleen
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It captured my attention from the start and kept it till the very end.
Shy
Jul 17, 2015 rated it liked it
This Crazy Love tells about a story of two characters that both have serous issues in their life that they can't but needed to face. As I'm a person who hardly read the blurb, a few pages into the book and my first thought was, 'these two charactcers seriously needs to see a professional for their anger management issues specially the guy. Well, I guess it's a good thing because that meant that the author was able to deliver to the reader the kind of state the characters was in even without tell ...more
ByoBook Club
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diane
Is crazy good…

Fiona is enjoying her life in Olympia, Washington, working as a book editor and quietly going about her business. Her calm façade is torn away after learning her big sister Brianna is injured and needs her to come home and help out at the dude ranch for the summer. Only for Bri would Fiona even contemplate returning to Big Timber and the ranch she can’t think about without drowning in fear and terror.
Austin isn’t even pretending that he is coping with the loss of his fiancé. Since
Diane
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Is crazy good…
I'm a wife and mother of three super kids. I'm originally from Montana but transplanted to the Pacific Northwest in 1999. I currently live in Olympia, Washington where most of my stories are set.

I began writing in high school but didn't really pursue it seriously until 2011. My hope is that people will read and enjoy my writing as much as I enjoy creating it.

Crazy Mountain (3 books)
  • This Crazy Heart
  • This Crazy Life: A Green Brothers Novel (Crazy Mountain Series book #3)