Start by marking “They Serve Bagels in Heaven: One couple's story of love, eternity, and the cosmic importance of everyday life” as Want to Read:

THEY SERVE BAGELS IN HEAVEN: One Couple’s Story of Love, Eternity, and the Cosmic Importance of Everyday Life is based on the true life story of Irene Weinberg, whose husband Saul died next to her in a tragic car accident. The amazing messages Irene received before, during and after the accident contained a Directive from Heaven, opening her to a profound Spiritual Awakeni ...more
Published May 30th 2014 (first published December 10th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about They Serve Bagels in Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about They Serve Bagels in Heaven

Jalynn Patterson
They Serve Bagels in Heaven: One Couple's Story of Love, Eternity, and the Cosmic Importance of Everyday Life

About the Book:

THEY SERVE BAGELS IN HEAVEN: One Couple's Story of Love, Eternity, and the Cosmic Importance of Everyday Life is based on the true life story of Irene Weinberg, whose husband Saul died next to her in a tragic car accident. The amazing messages Irene received before, during and after the accident contained a Directive from Heaven, opening her to a profound Spiritual Awakenin
Gina Briganti
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reincarnation
Weinberg is a skilled author, writing about a subject that has fascinated me personally since I was a child, and professionally since my own talents smacked me in the face. In a good way. Reading her book was like sitting down for a good girlfriend chat.

The love between the couple moved me. Channeled information from Saul about his life between lives process sounded and felt accurate to me based on my experiences and on research I've read.

I will caution you that Weinberg will draw you in with st
Vicky
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wasn't expecting to like the book due to my own bitterness of relationships in my life but sometimes you have to stop and listen. This is book of how we see the connections of a couple that continue to find each other and feels each other's pain when they go through life. It is amazing that in each reincarnation it was discussed of how the woman chose to live her life. It isn't campy love it is mutual respect and growth through difficult time based on the time period and that when you are mean ...more
Kirsten
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have a quote stuck in my head from comedian Julia Sweeney's autobiographical show God Said Ha!

"What if Heaven is just an instant?"

Whether it is, or it isn't, I am in no hurry to discover, but this book is a sweet, tender story of what happens after. And for those who haven't experienced this kind of profound and tragic loss, what happens instead.

The cosmic importance of everyday life: Live life consciously. Be kind to everyone.

That message is transcendent. It has no religion, no tribe, no own
Nathan Bales
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW, what a Ride! ! !

The information in this book is not only life changing, it can and probably will be earth changing! This is a fabulous book! It's a little hard to follow in the beginning, but comes together really well about half way through and finishes with a huge lift to humanity! Word of warning, this book is a little bawdy and irreverent, but I love it!
Joseph
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Right from the opening pages of tragedy, it spoke to the brutality of death and tragedy, setting a consistent tone and style that is honest, clear, and very personal. The intimate sense of storytelling was also conducive to setting an atmosphere appropriate to convey wisdom quite often. This helped add to the implied sense of authenticity and depth of the accounts. The ideas brought forth are many and diverse. It is also goes from soothing topics like love and heaven and then to addressing evil, ...more
C.  (Christy)
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
They Serve Bagels in Heaven is an inspiring, thoughtful, and moving story. The author has a wonderful sense of humor that makes the book easy to read. Overall, it’s a beautiful and uplifting story that will leave you thinking.
Dominique Jacobs
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Truly Enlightening!

I loved this book; it reflects the views and theory I have long ago come to accept as the reality of life. Finally to have confirmation of such is wonderful. Kudos to Irene and Saul to have the courage to write it, the language to explain its complexities, the love of empowering others, and to be the mirror through which the beauty of the Universe can divulge itself. An absolute must for anyone pondering those Universal mysteries.
Laurie
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Here is an excerpt from my review: "Full disclosure: you really have to read this book with an open mind. If you don't believe in mediums, psychics, or reincarnation, and you know that nothing is going to change your opinion, then Irene Weinberg's book They Serve Bagels in Heaven is not going to be the book for you."

You can read my full review here: http://cookscrapcraft.blogspot.com/20...
Sherri Dewey
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting Book

Thank you for asking me to review this book. I enjoyed it, but I thought you were putting too much of your own ideologies into it. Very politically correct. I had an out of body experience as well and enjoy reading about others experiences. Recommend.
Roseann
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely story. There are many ideas to ponder about our life on Earth and the afterlife. Irene helps us understand the true meaning of life and what we should do to make the most of it. I highly recommend this book.
Heather
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Not something I normally would read. It was a quick read and has me thinking about the afterlife and doing a little soul searching myself.
Doreen