Start by marking “The Darkest Legacy (Betrayal, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Legacy (Betrayal, #1)

The Darkest Legacy

(Betrayal #1)

There are whispers of the darkest legacy that span hundreds of years...

Sixteen-year-old Cara Corsi just wants her normal life back. After recently surviving a horrific car accident, her recent life has been anything but ordinary and normal sounds pretty good right now.

Fully recovered and out of the hospital, Cara has returned to school, hoping her life will finally get bac
Published December 13th 2014 by Gold Cat Press

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkest Legacy

Martanda
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book after being recommended by my friends who seem to have gone gaga over this new story. And I love it too!!
The Darkest Legacy: Betrayal is the first installment in the series being writtenby J.L Catz, and I think the author has done a wonderful job!
For me, the best parts of this book are the unexpected twists that come along the way. The book is very exciting and I couldn't put it down once I started reading it. I had to finish it in one go. And that is something very rare for
Cat's Review
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Teens, tweens
Cara is a 16 year old girl living in San Mateo, California. She experienced a car accident before this story takes place and is struggling to get her life back to normal. She ecstatic when her dream crush asks her to the dance and Cara can’t figure out why no one else is happy for her. Cara’s mother is hiding something, possibly a lot of things, but we do find out she’s the reason why no one was happy that Cara got asked to the dance.

Out of the blue, Cara gets migraine-type headaches but before
Michelle Randall
Reviewed For Reader's Favorite

Cara is your normal teenage girl, popular, on the dance team at school and an average student. Or at least that is what she has always thought. After a car accident left her in the hospital, she is finally back at school and ready for life to get back to the regular, normal routine but it seems that nothing is going to be normal. Her mom, Maria, seems to be acting weird, paranoid in some ways and then there are these bizarre headaches that knock her flat. One mornin
Meredith
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-ve-won
I won this book through a Goodreads giveaway.

Although this book may be marketed towards tweens and teenagers, I believe that anyone could read this book and thoroughly enjoy the exciting and unpredicted plot twists and non-stop action this book contains. The writer, Jennifer Lynn Catz, did a remarkable job in creating characters and a storyline that are both unique and entertaining. The main character is a 16 year-old girl named Cara, who lives with her mother and younger sister and two cats. Ca
Niharika P
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After the craze for the Cullen family subsided, I was on the lookout for the next 'thing', something that would make us go crazy! And I found that 'thing' in The Darkest Legacy: Betrayal. Even though it is the first book of J.L Catz, the writing is very impressive. The plot is fast, engaging and the kind the keeps you on the edge of your seat as to what will happen next. The language is simple and easy to understand. I have already read it twice and have recommended it to my friends, who are now ...more
Colleen Davis
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i thought this was a really great book. It was a smoothly written book, quick paced. I like the way Jennifer Catz writes. The descriptions and the details had me really engaged. Other people wrote about the plot in their reviews so I won't write that here. But I really enjoyed this book and it has a fantastic cliff hanger ending…which, of course, had me jumping for the next book. I just found the characters compelling and the book, in general, quite interesting. Read it…you'll be glad you did!
Karl Keebe
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I wasn't really expecting much when I bought this book. Amongst an overwhelming number of fantasy books for teens, there are very few that leave their mark, and this book definitely does that!
Starting from the accident to the confusion in Cara's life to all the strange happenings..the book jumps from one scene to another very smoothly and beautifully. The writing has been paced aptly to keep the curiosity going strong.
I am about to the start reading the second book in the series a
Breanna
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!!!! I met the author a a fair and she was super nice. This book is full of suspense and your always wanting to know what will happen next. I love the character Fanny and I would recommend this book to everyone.
Jennifer Jackson
Apr 21, 2015
Tora Nishimiya
rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2015
Jun 01, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Feb 12, 2015
Jennifer Catz
Dec 14, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Frederick Rotzien
Kara Lauren
Valerie
Melitta Cross
Dec 17, 2014
  • Haven Lost (The Dragon's Brood Cycle, Vol. 1)
  • The World of Karov (Children of Demilee, #1)
  • Trust (The Hero Chronicles #2)
  • The Lost Remnant (Pieces of Eden, #1)
  • Call of the Raven (The Union Series #1)
  • Dream Warrior  (Dark Warrior Alliance #1)
  • Silver Moon (The Deja Vu Chronicles #2)
  • Second Skin (Skinned, #2)
  • Chains of the Sciell (Merging Worlds Series, #2)
  • Circumstellar
  • Whisper (Lakeview, #2)
  • Sadie's War (A Supernatural Uprising Novel, Book 1)
  • Divided against Yourselves (Spell Weaver, #2)
  • The 13th Descent (Rosefire Trilogy, #1)
  • Mary of the Aether
  • Cain's Coven (Begotten Bloods, #1)
  • One Little Spell
  • The Way
On a whim, Jennifer Lynn Catz wrote The Darkest Legacy for NaNoWriMo 2012. After working on the novel for two years, she released Betrayal (part one) on 12-13-14. Betrayed (part two) was just released on 2-13-15.

She is also writing other fiction stories, all in the magical, young adult realm.

Jennifer lives in Southern New England and you can find her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, sometimes on P

Betrayal (2 books)
  • The Darkest Legacy (Betrayed, #2)