Start by marking “Burn (The Rephaim, #4)” as Want to Read:
Burn (The Rephaim, #4)

Burn (The Rephaim #4)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  2,613 Ratings  ·  334 Reviews
Suddenly, Gaby remembers everything.

For a year she believed she was a backpacker chilling out in Pandanus Beach. Working at the library. Getting over the accident that killed her twin brother.

Then Rafa came to find her and Gaby discovered her true identity as Gabe: one of the Rephaim. Over a hundred years old. Half angel, half human, all demon-smiting badass—and hopelessly
Published June 7th 2016 by Tundra Books (first published June 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Burn, please sign up.
Natalie Treloar Why do we have to wait this long???!!!! i can't deal with this anymore! i saw the series at my local library and nearly broke down because SOMEBODY…moreWhy do we have to wait this long???!!!! i can't deal with this anymore! i saw the series at my local library and nearly broke down because SOMEBODY (Paula) made us read the BIGGEST cliff hanger ever and then made us wait a year for the final book. i need my Rafa back. please, june, hurry(less)

Paula Weston
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE: 21/5/15: It's done. :)

And here's a sneak peek at early chapters: https://paulaweston.files.wordpress.c...

ORIGINAL POST:
This is my current work-in-progress, due out in mid 2015. I wasn't planning on rating it, but someone gave it 1 star (which seems odd since it's not even written) and that one star was driving me a little nuts on my Goodreads author dashboard...
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

*This review is spoiler-free for the entire series. Spoilers are hidden in spoiler tags*

It is Paula Weston's fault that I haven't done anything productive lately. Yup that's right, I'm putting ALL the blame on her. I've been stuck inside this world that Weston's created and just can't seem to get out. SEND HELP.

So. If you haven't heard of/read The Rephaim series, I highly recommend you reconsider all your life choices and ask yourself: what am I doing with m
Ariana

This book has left me (like all the books in the series) with a fluttering feeling in my heart, like the touch of an angel's wings - such a perfect ending to an even more perfect story!

I just fell in love. For the fourth time. With this series. With these characters. I can’t read anything else, all I want is to stay lost in this story for just a little bit more. As it seems, all my reading can never prepare me from the feeling I get when I reach the last page in a series, when I read the very l
mich
I finally have all my answers, and YES, it was satisfying. I'm satisfied.

And acutally, I can’t believe I’m even saying that, cuz one of the revelations in this book really, really pissed me off and disappointed me.

(view spoiler)
Natalie Loria
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I tried so hard to read Shimmer slowly. I blame you, Ms. Weston, for smashing my will power to bits. I finished the third book of this series in less than 10 hours, and am a little disappointed (and intrigued) that key questions were not answered and even more questions were raised. I see the game your playing Ms. Weston, and I hate and admire your tactics. Thank you for creating a world I have become quite attached to, but please don't keep me in this excruciating limbo for too long.
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Readers know how scary it can be to read the final book of series, but rest assured that Burn is a thrilling, action-packed, and satisfying conclusion to The Rephaim series by Paula Weston. If you haven't yet started this series - or maybe it's just now coming to your attention - be sure to check out my spoiler-free series review of the first three books, Shadows, Haze, and Shimmer, on my blog. I give a brief overview of what these books are about, which I won't do here.

For three books now, we h
Milly Jane
I finished Burn the day it came out, but I haven’t been able to write a review until now. I needed time to process all the feels!

It is becoming increasingly rare that I thoroughly enjoy the last book in a series. I feel that a lot are rushed these days to meet hype (cough, Allegiant, cough). Weston has summed up this series perfectly though. Burn is a fast paced, action packed novel with a very satisfying ending.

Burn opens with Gaby and Jude finally remembering everything they lost a year ago. T
-y.a

Bromance
Friendship
Great chemistry between Rafa and Gaby
Multi-layered characters

Honestly, other than one plot device seriously pissed me off, this whole series is addictive, read more like an adult uf/pnr. Highly recommended!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I re-read the entire series in anticipation of starting this final book in the Rephaim series. It was probably the best idea I've had in awhile. =) So much fun experiencing Gaby finding out she's not human all over again, meeting Rafa for the first time, that kiss, the Hellhounds, the training...all of it.

And it kind of helped because this book was the hardest of them all on Gaby as she reconciles who she is now with who she was as Gabe and what all comes with that. Especially where it concerns
Seda
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriyi 4. kitabın başına kadar soluksuz okudum. Çok fazla bilinmeyen olması serinin başında hoşuma gitmese de zamanla heyecan kattı. Hem hikayenin geneli hem de sırların getirdiği merak duygusu, okurken kitapların su gibi akmasına sebep oldu.

Işıltı'nın sonunda resmen nefesimi tuttum. Ateş'e çok daha büyük bir heyecanla başladım. Başlarda sakin sakin olan olayları, saklanan sırları okurken, sonlara doğru her şey tamamen aydınlandı. 3 kitap boyunca çözülmesini beklediklerimiz ve hiç beklemedikler
Keertana
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I read the first cliffhanger ending of Shadows, I've been complaining about anxiously waiting for and theorizing about this series, time and time again. With each new installment, Weston both managed to soothe my fears and build them up within the span of a few hundred pages, leaving me desperate for the next installment right now. The one where I'd finally have the answers to all my questions.

And, here it is. Burn.

But, now that I actually do have all the answers to my questions, answere
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
The Rephaim series has been phenomenal. From it's characters to it's vivid locations, Paula Weston has created a stellar series that infuses angel lore with charismatic and relatable characters who are brilliantly flawed. But above all else, it's incredibly entertaining, the story gathering pace with each book and Burn definitely did not disappoint. Once again we're transported back to Pandanus Beach, the fictional Australian seaside town where the two seg
Jaime Arkin
READ THIS SERIES PEOPLE!!! Full review to come!!
Jessica
Seriously, this book is made of awesome!

I must say, I’ve kind of had a lucky streak with good books this year. In the previous weeks I’ve been gushing every now and then about books I really liked but The Rephaim is actually right up there in my personal hall of fame with other beloved series like The Others and Harry Potter.

Do you know the feeling when you try your best to avoid finishing a book? When you keep going back to scenes you really liked and reread them over and over again? You know,
Nomes
Mate, it truly is a bittersweet feeling to come to the end of one of my fave book series. I have mentioned numerous times how much I love Paula Weston’s Rephaim series. Not only has each book delivered above and beyond my expectations, they have given me something special to look forward to each year (okay, they also drove me crazy -- I was desperate for each new installment). I have agonised over reviewing the 4th and final book in the series as it's hard encapsulate how much this series has me ...more
Jasprit
I am the pickiest reader ever when it comes to reading YA paranormal reads, over the last few years there’s only been a handful that have totally blown me away and left me wanting more. I’m thrilled to say Paula Weston’s Rephaim series has continually shone for me. With each book in the series I’ve never been disappointed, as Weston’s known how to up the ante, in turn increasing my levels of anxiety every time I pick one of these books. But I wouldn’t have it any other way; I love getting lost i ...more
Erin Arkin
You guys...just go read this.

Burn by Paula Weston is the final book in the Rephaim series and I have been waiting, waiting, waiting to get to read this book. I have loved it since Jaime told me about Shadows, book one. If you haven’t started this series (WHAT??) go get Shadows now. Then pick up the other three so you can read all of them back to back. For those that have not yet read this book, or potentially any of the others, you may not want to continue reading this review. I am going to do
~Tina~
DAME!! this was an incredible series!!! My. Gawd!!
Tara
I really was going to try to take my time reading this one. ...but what can i say, I really had to find out what Gaby had remembered, and then I really had to find out what was going to happen with her and Rafa, and then ..... well I really just had to get to the end to find out the whole story!
I am not sure what I liked best about this book (and the whole series), it might have been the fast paced story, which kind of grabbed hold of me and wouldn't let go. Or it could have been the characters
Text Publishing
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy, fiction
In case you missed it, Burn, the last of The Rephaim series, came out yesterday (in ANZ)!

Which means it's time for a family portrait. Ain't they a picture?
Shadows (The Rephaim, #1) by Paula Weston Haze (The Rephaim, #2) by Paula Weston Shimmer (The Rephaim, #3) by Paula Weston Burn by Paula Weston
Mihlean
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[Second reread: December, 2017]

[First read: July, 2015]

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Hands down one of my favourite series EVER.
I just adore the characters, the whole storyline, I just love this series!
Claire Weller
I've finished this book in exactly 2 days, so if that doesn't tell you how much I enjoyed it and why you need to pick it up, then I don't know what will. ( I'm currently shedding happy tears. Don't judge me )
ALPHAreader
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Burn’ is the fourth and final book in Australian author Paula Weston’s young adult supernatural series, ‘The Rephaim’.

I did not want to read this book, and at the same time I’ve been dying to read this book! Yes, the epic struggle every reader must face as they come to the end of a favourite series – when we want to find out what happens, but don’t want the adventure to end. So perhaps the highest compliment I can pay to Ms Weston is a conflicting one; when I say I absolutely loved this book,
⚜Angela⚜
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angels
Overal, a good series.

*SPOILERS*

Things I liked the most:

♥ Plot. I was impressed by the consistency of the plot. The story was quite complicated and still there were no apparent plot holes. Everything from the previous three books came together beautifully.

♥ Character development. All characters grew in one way or another.
Gaby managed to combine all aspects of her life before she lost her memories with who she was during the year with Maggie.
The Sanctuary Rephaim and the Outcast grew to the point
Nihan E.
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
İlk üç kitap sırlar ve sorular ile dolu olduğu için serinin son kitabı sürekli "supriiiiseeee" şeklinde ilerleyen olaylardan oluşuyor ve kesinlikle şaşırtıcı ve tatmin edici olduklarını söyleyebilirim .
Ecem
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Düşmüş melekler, refaimler, iblisler, zebaniler, gizemler, aksiyonlar sevenler buraya :D Okuduğum güzel melek serilerinden birisiydi. Serinin akıcılığını, düşmeyen temposunu, eğlenceli diyaloglarını, aksiyonunu, yeni krakterleri ve ilk kitaptan son kitaba kadar hiç durmadan soluksuz okutmasını çok sevdim. Rafa ve Gaby sevdiğim karakterler sıralamasında unutulmayacaklara eklendi bile aynı zamanda seri de. Karakterlerin her biri çok yerindeydi yani böyle gereksiz dediğim karakterler yoktu ama daha ...more
nick

I don’t believe that “disappointing readers” is a phrase that belongs in Paula Weston’s vocabulary. Finales can be a hit or a miss depending on how the stories are wrapped up and while I was a little nervous going into Burn, I had no doubt that the author was going to do these characters justice. I was right. Burn was everything that I could ask for in a series ending – it wrapped up all the loose ends, answered all our questions, and left readers with a contented sigh.

For the entirety of this s
Beth
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Ultimately, I wanted this ending, at least on a character level. I'd say it's all too easy, but it's not, really - the outcome feels a little happily-ever-after if looked at in isolation, but its individual human moments feel like outcomes of real character growth, and that feels earned. The dialogue is pretty great, too, and that's certainly a contributor.

I did find myself wondering why they still read as teens when they're 130+ years old. Gaby's excuse the first three books is lack of memory,
Lauren
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pub-text, 2015
It's so hard to see this series and especially these characters go! I've fallen in love with Gaby, Jude, Rafa and everyone else, and I've become so invested in their lives. Especially Gaby's search to discover who she is and where she fits in her world. It was exciting to finally see Gaby remember Gabe and reconcile all the parts of herself. This installment gives us all the answers we've been waiting for - what happened between Gabe and Rafe 11 years ago, and what Gabe and Jude were doing when ...more
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 8 Apr 30, 2017 12:59AM
  • The Foretelling of Georgie Spider (The Tribe, #3)
  • Demons in Disguise (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #3)
  • Day Boy
  • Queen of the Night (This is Shyness, #2)
  • Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)
  • The Hush
  • Corruption (Disruption, #2)
  • Afterlight
  • Only Ever Always
  • The Minnow
  • Never Forgotten (Collective, #3)
  • A Single Stone
  • The End of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, Book 4)
  • Ferragost (Lumatere Chronicles, #2.5)
  • Unwanted
  • Faking It (The Intern, #2)
  • Cloudwish (The Six Impossiverse #3)
  • A Tangle of Gold (The Colours of Madeleine, #3)
Paula Weston is the author of the Rephaim series (Shadows, Haze, Shimmer and Burn). The Undercurrent, a stand-alone speculative thriller set in near-future Australia, is now available in Australia and New Zealand.

Paula worked as a print journalist for many years before becoming a government media and communication specialist. Today she also co-owns a two-woman communication and design agency.

She g
More about Paula Weston

The Rephaim (4 books)
  • Shadows (The Rephaim, #1)
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Shimmer (The Rephaim, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I straighten and stretch my neck side to side. ‘I really need to hit something.’
Rafa’s mouth quirks. ‘I know what you need.’
‘In your dreams.’ I know where this is going: it’s been the same banter for about five decades now. Usually he saves it for an audience.
‘In my dreams, Gabe, you end up slick with sweat and moaning.’
‘I have food poisoning?’
He laughs, a beer halfway to his lips. Condensation drips from the bottle. He’s completely at ease here: three-quarter cargoes, frayed t-shirt, bare feet. ‘I’m just saying that if you need distracting, I’m your man.’
‘If I wanted to go places everyone else has been, Rafa, I’d take a trip to Disneyland.’
He leans in closer. ‘Yeah, but don’t you want to know why everyone loves Space Mountain?”
20 likes
“How can you forgive what I did?"

"Because I know you. Because I've seen the best and the worst of you. Because of everything we've been through in the last hundred and thirty-nine years and what we've been through since you found me in the bar. God, because I want to move forward."

"Yea, but --"

"Because I love you, you idiot!”
11 likes