Start by marking “Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined (Meet Your Match, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined (Meet Your Match, #2)

Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined

(Meet Your Match #2)

For Noah Mackie, life is finally back on track. He has a great support system, a promised promotion is on its way, and he's finally getting the hang of this single father thing. But when the job falls through and his neighbor's matchmaking efforts become more aggressive, Noah is in for yet another unwanted detour. With his career and two spirited daughters to worry about, ...more
Published December 15th 2014 by HEA Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined

My Fairly Dangerous Godmother by Janette RallisonProfessional Boundaries by Jennifer PeelRough Around the Edges Meets Refined by Rachael AndersonThe Catching Kind by Bria QuinlanRoyal Date by Sariah Wilson
2015 Swoony Awards
190 books — 836 voters
Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëPersuasion by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie MeyerSense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
CLEAN Romance Books
2,399 books — 2,006 voters

More lists with this book...

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
I picked up this sweet contemporary romance, even though I seriously think the title is an eye-roller, because it was a Kindle freebie at the time (not any longer, sorry) and because I've read a few other books from this author that were enjoyable and good for a little light romantic comedy.

In this corner we have Cassie, an Irish dance instructor (think Riverdance),

description

whose emotionally abusive, controlling husband died a couple of years ago. Cassie is still feeling terribly burnt and oh-so-done wi
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Another hit by Rachael! I loved this one and stayed up way too late to finish it. I kept saying "just one more chapter" until I ended up finishing the whole thing!

Cassie is a recent widow and trying to get back on her feat and discover who she is and what she wants to do with her life. She does not want another man around telling her what to do, so she has her guard up with Noah enters her life. It doesn't take long for his charm to work through her walls. I liked Cassie, she was easy to relate
Katie W
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book can stand alone, as it follows the story of a secondary character from Book 1. Noah is a single, widower father, raising two young girls. He's a manly man--a man who works hard and is hands on. He can't do a decent ponytail, until he figures out a way to use the vacuum to suck the girls hair tight; he's not a great cook, but does enough to get by; and he's not looking for love again. He appears to be a little rough around the edges--ripped jeans, paint-splattered shirts, and slightly u ...more
Maida
I'd describe the 4 hours that I spent reading this novel as 4 hours spent in Annoying Heroine Hell. I really should have been able to get through the book a lot faster, but I kept on stopping & pondering whether I should continue or just DNF. Obviously, I made the wrong choice. My mistake.

*** If "annoying heroines" are your pet peeve, stay FAR away from this novel.

*** If a squeaky clean romance (with barely any kissing) is what you're looking for, then this book is DEFINITELY for you. (At on
Kathy
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-romance
LOVED! Rachael has written another winner!

Review to come.

Content: Clean
Kathy Jo
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
March 2018:

It's been a few years since I have read this book and I loved it just as much this time around! It makes me want to go back and read more of my favorites by Ms. Anderson! Maybe I'll do just that! Hehe.

June 2015:

Cassie is a recent widow. But she's not like any other widow. She does not miss her husband at all. He was a horrible person who was very controlling and wouldn't let Cassie do anything that she wanted to do. Now that she is free from him she is on a journey of self discovery.
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This is a great contemporary romance! Cassie is finding herself again after a dysfunctional marriage ends, Noah has been grieving his wife for four years. Their first impressions of each other aren't favorable, but as Noah renovates Cassie's basement for a dance studio, they are given the opportunity to see the true person behind the walls they put up... which slowly come down. This author is skilled at giving her characters great scenes and dialogue- it's like watching a movie in my head! My fa ...more
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
This review is also posted here: Plus a giveaway!! -> HERE

“Slow and steady wins the race, right? Especially when it comes to relationships.”

Simple, sweet and heartfelt. Rachael never fails to bring a smile to my face everytime I read a novel of hers. This series just keeps getting better and better. I absolutely enjoyed the first book in the series and this following installment isn't an exception. Just like other Rachael's novels, this book has the simple but meaningful love story that
Karey White
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy Rachael's books, but I think this is my favorite of them all. She really nailed the emotion of two wounded people who, despite fears and concerns, open up to the chance of love. Loved these characters. Loved the way Rachael told the story. Loved the ending. It was perfection!
Heidi
Lighthearted fun read

I enjoyed this lighthearted fun read from front to back. I don't know why it took me so long to get to this one. I loved the characters and the simple joys, sweet relationships, and fun humor throughout the story. Once I started reading I couldn't stop.
Fun, quick, clean read.

Sweet squeaky clean romance
Fun all around contemporary read
Mild kissing
Recommend for Young Adult or Adult
Melanie
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first book in this series is about Emma and Kevin. Noah is Emma's brother and we met him and his girls in the first book. Noah and Cassie are both widowed. Noah and his wife had a good marriage and he still misses her. Cassie recently lost her husband but he didn't treat her well once they were married so she's not looking to get into a relationship again any time soon.

Noah's neighbor Becky gets them to meet each other and they both realize they're being set up and neither one is interested
Rockell Benson
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Rachael Anderson. She is a great go to for fun clean romantic reads!! Love it! She definitely did it again with this book. It is a second book in a series but could be a stand alone. Lovable characters.
Kim
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cassie and Noah have both recently lost their respective spouses, but the legacy of the death of their spouses on them is different.

Cassie was in an extremely abusive marriage. Matching one of the types of abuser profiles, her husband was unnaturally perfect all the time before they got married. Then soon as he married Cassie, the abuse immediately started. Shortly after they got married he hit her so hard in the face it left a bruise that lasted a week. Once he put her clothes in trash bags and
Kelly
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love!! Sigh! This is Rachael’s best story yet! I mean, you have a loving dedicated widowed father, Noah, with two sweet girls who he would do anything for and actually does at any cost; and then you have Cassie. She is a broken widowed woman whose husband had totally abused her and manipulated her and alienated her from her very large and fun family. When you put the two together, it makes for a perfect mix and total healing for the pair.

Their chemistry was very palpable. The story is
Chesney
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rachael Anderson does it again! I love how she weaves a story into something amazing. This left me sighing many times and what's wrong with you girl emotions. It can be a stand alone but please read the first one Pride meets prejudice. You will not regret it!
Julie Carpenter
I really have come to enjoy Rachel Anderson's writing, her stories, her characters, her fun witty humor and her love of writing that shows through in her books. I just read both the first and second book in this series, this book the second book. ;) So far they can stand alone but I personally would recommend reading them in order because characters from book one show up lots in this book and the background of several of the main characters in this book is helpful to know but not crucial. So if ...more
Rhonda
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I liked it! Both lead characters have been through death of their mate. But they had very different marriages. Noah had a happy marriage and has two cute girls. Cassie had a bad one. Neither one is looking to try it again. I have been their.

Noah has been laid off because construction jobs have not been had. He is a single father with lots of help from his Sister and good neighbors. I really want to know does the vacuum really work on pony tails.

We met Noah's sister, his two adorable da
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
It feels like I've been waiting forever to read this book. Maybe it really hasn't been that long but it sure felt like it. Maybe that's because I just love Rachael Anderson's books. She has a style that really suits me and I can't help but love and devour every single book that comes into my hands.

This book was exactly what I wanted. It's like Rachael writes for just me. Sorry for the rest of you but hopefully you like the books Rachel writes for me as much as I do. :)

You cannot help but love No
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: Sure! It was a HEA that left me with a smile. A great, fast read for the holidays.

Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined picks up some time after Prejudice Meets Pride ends. (You can find my review of Prejudice Meets Pride here.) I enjoyed Noah and Cassie’s story. Noah is a fantastic father who is trying his best. Cassie is trying hard to get past her past. The beginning had me wondering and was a great way to start this book. I loved Noah’s wit and his easy way. He knew how
CaliGirlRae
I really enjoyed Cassie and Noah's story! Although the cover depicts their story as a light hearted romance, there are some pretty dramatic moments and themes in the book especially dealing with Cassi'es late husband and her family. I also loved the fact that Cassie and Noah didn't just seem like characters in a romance novel, but people you would tend to know in life. Rachel Anderson writes the story of love, loss and love regained in an engaging way. I liked how even the characters grated each ...more
Christy
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Rachael Anderson's books! They are so sweet and cute, and this one is no exception. It's a book that you'll devour in one or two sittings. I read it all in a day and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

I love Noah and Cassie's interactions. Cassie's late husband and her relationship with him is a bit like Sleeping with the Enemy. He was a control freak and manipulator. Cassie feels like she's forgotten who she was before she met him. Meeting Noah throws Cassie for a loop since she's not
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
My Review:

I really loved the first book in this series and the second was just as good! In book two we get to learn and understand all about Noah, Emma's brother and father of her two adorable nieces! Anderson does a spot on job of intertwining the two siblings' worlds and moving from Emma's story to Noah's. While Cassie was a wild card, an unknown to me as the reader, getting to know her and understand the depth of her emotions was a wonderful journey. I loved this story for so many reasons! Be
Book Chick (Tori)
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!
Rachael Anderson has done it again. This was a sweet, fun, romantic read that I didn't want to put down. Noah was perfect. He was REAL and just so desirable in a "Wow, he's such a GOOD GUY" kind of way. So hot. **The ice cream date-- So Sweet!!! **heart melting**
Cassie was, understandably, scared to death of falling in love. She was really trying to find WHO she was after an abusive relationship. It was cool to "watch" her slowly break down her defensive walls.
I liked how Emma, Kevin,
Beth  (YA Books Central)
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tiffanys-reviews
Tiffany's Review:

What a cute, feel good love story! I knew from the very first page I was going to love this book! The author did an outstanding job of giving the reader just enough intrigue to get them hooked! Cassie is a young widow trying to adjust to the single life again. Noah is a young widow that was left with two small girls to raise. When their paths cross Noah knows he is ready to fall in love again, but Cassie...she is scared! I absolutely fell in love with Noah's character in this b
Maria Hoagland
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rachel's books are so fun to read! Her flawless style and entertaining prose draw you right in and make the main characters some of your newest best friends. Rough Around the Edges Meets Refined is super cute with romance sweet enough to melt your heart and want to cheer on Cassie and Noah. The renovation made me happy, I thought the bit about the ice cream was cute, and I adored the song lyrics. And doesn't it have the most adorable cover?
Christina
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet romance!!!

This book had my toes curling with swoon worthy moments!!! It wasn't what I expected but I fell in love with our two main characters and thought the simple and sweet way their story was told was great. Sigh, just sad it as done. This is one I think I'll pick up again and re-read just for enjoyment.
Sara Cardon
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great story! I really like Noah and Cammie - and their family and neighbors. Rachael does a fantastic job writing realistic characters. And good dialogue. And a really nice love story (the real knd of love, like Cammie learns). Nicely done and a very fun read.
Gayle
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2014
Loved! I have loved all of Rachael's books and couldn't wait to read this one. She writes such fun, charming, clean stories with great characters and witty dialogue. I love that I can share these books with my daughters too. We hope the next one comes out soon!
Pascale
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this story, we find the characters from the first book in the series. This time, the focus is on Noah, the single father to the two sweet little girls his sister, Emma, cared for in the first book. Noah is between jobs and feeling quite discouraged and wondering how he can support his girls without a steady income. An unexpected job comes up through his matchmaking neighbour with his daughters' dance teacher (Cassie) to remodel her basement into a home dance studio. Noah is a widower and Cass ...more
The Daydreamologist
Why, just why, do we miss the weddings? It's not such a big deal to work them into an epilogue. I just don't understand why we had to miss out on the wedding.
I think I've had enogh romance for the week.

Somehow, I liked this sentence :

.....make common sense go bye bye.

• Silver Linings (Ripple Effect Romance #2)
  • I Belong With You (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #2)
  • Immersed (Ripple Effect Romance #6)
  • Christmas in Snow Valley  (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies, #1)
  • Second Chances 101 (Ripple Effect Romance #5)
  • Lost and Found (Ripple Effect Romance #4)
  • The Boardwalk Antiques Shop (Tangerine Street #2)
  • One Classic Latin Lover, Please
  • King of the Friend Zone (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Between Heaven and Earth
  • Always Will
  • Missing Lily (Books of Dalthia #2)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Spring Vacation Collection
  • Power of the Matchmaker
A USA Today bestselling author of clean romance, Rachael Anderson is the mother of four and is pretty good at breaking up fights, or at least sending guilty parties to their rooms. She can't sing, doesn't dance, and despises tragedies. But she recently figured out how yeast works and can now make homemade bread, which she is really good at eating.

Meet Your Match (3 books)
  • Prejudice Meets Pride (Meet Your Match, #1)
  • Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity (Meet Your Match #3)
“There’s a price that has to be paid for experience and knowledge, and sometimes it’s a pretty steep price. But you’ve already paid it. So don’t regret the past. Never regret the past. Value it. Use it. Be grateful for it.” 1 likes
“Don’t run toward a relationship, but don’t run away from it either. If it’s right, it’ll just happen.” 1 likes