Start by marking “Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4)

Ryker

(Cold Fury Hockey #4)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  11,300 ratings  ·  1,062 reviews
The rugged men of the Carolina Cold Fury hockey team are winning hearts once again in another scorching novel from New York Times bestselling author Sawyer Bennett.

The stakes have never been higher for Carolina Cold Fury goalie Ryker Evans. With his contract running out, he’s got a year left to prove he’s still at the top of his game. And since his wife left him, Ryker ha
Published September 8th 2015 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Ryker, please sign up.
Hannah Each book is a different couple, but I would suggest reading them in order to see how the couples grow and change.

·  11,300 ratings  ·  1,062 reviews

Start your review of Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4)
Christy
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo c6eb09a5-a6dc-4ab6-a19c-7a24c16421db_zpslpnrkb9s.jpg

As far as sports romances go, hockey books are my favorite. I don’t know why, I just love reading about them! Ryker is the forth book in Sawyer Bennett’s Cold Fury series. Ever since the last book, I’ve been excited to read about Ryker and his two daughters and wondering who his love interest would be…

Gray is the newly appointed and first ever female manager to a NHL team. She is more than qualified, but that doesn’t mean people aren’t giving her a hard time. Not Ryker though. Ryker
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ @bookwormthoughts
Full review posted 4th October 2015
Amazon US * Amazon UK *

I LOVE the Cold Fury Hockey Team and CANNOT resist their stories!

I’m not a fan of hockey, it’s not a sport I gave much thought to before I became addicted to this series but I’ve fallen firmly in love with the Cold Fury fictional team, loving each and every male protagonist of the beautiful, heart capturing Hockey world penned by Sawyer Bennett.

Book 4 hails the turn of Ryker. He’s getting to grips with life as a single parent whilst mai
Beverly
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars!

We first met Ryzer in Zack’s book and I was immediately intrigued. I love single dad’s so when he was transferred to the Cold Fury straight off a divorce I was excited to see how things panned out for him.

Gray Brannon has been around working for the Cold Fury, but this is the first time meeting her. Her father is retiring as General Manager and is appointment Gray to take his place. Despite Gray being well educated, an Olympic Hockey Player, she is still not given a warm welcome. Bu
Geri Reads
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok

I don't know why I keep trying but this is definitely the last time I'll be reading this author's work. This book just didn't do anything to me. It felt choppy and discombobulated. I could not connect with Ryker and Gray as individuals or as a couple. I felt no chemistry between them. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

So I guess, this is where Sawyer Bennett and I go our separate ways. It was good while it lasted.

ARC provided by LoveSwept via NetGalley
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kim Bailey
As always, I have to begin by mentioning the smokin’ hot covers for this series. Who knew under all that padding there were men with six packs?!

I can see the headlines now. Can a woman run a hockey team?
Gray has become the general manager of the Cold Fury team and as woman in a man’s world she’s has to gain the respect of her team. Of course, there are men who don’t want a woman for their boss. Gray has her haters and in spite of it all she has a stiff backbone. #HatersGonnaHate

… my go
Claire Robinson
2.5 - "It's just one thing after another and rivals even the most dramatic soap opera." Stars.

I know I am in the minority here, but Ryker was one of my most anticipated reads of the second half of 2015. Sadly due to an extremely slow start, glaringly predictable plot, and no real relationship building between the Ryker and Gray for pretty much 85% of the book, it has turned into my most disappointing read of the second half of 2015...

Stolen touches. That's what we're about.

And that was the main
Auntee
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the series; fans of sport romances
Full review update 9/9/15

What a series!

The fourth book in the Cold Fury Hockey series does not disappoint! Ryker is everything I thought it would be, and a bit more.

I knew I would like/love goalie Ryker Evans, aka "Brick" or "Brick Wall" for his sheer size and ability to stop pucks. Ryker is a (soon to be) single dad of two adorable little girls who are now living with him. (view spoiler)
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

If you don't know by know, I am obsessed with Sawyer Bennett and her books. She has seriously become of the those authors that I **ahem** stalk for upcoming new releases. And when I knew Ryker was getting a book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Okay, before I started Ryker's book, I loved ZACK since he started my Sawyer Bennett obsession but after reading Ryker, I have to say that I am torn because Ryker gave Zack a run for his money.
Amanda

4. lady boss
5. deranged teammate
6. a remorseful ex-wife
6. previous heroes, Alex, Garrett and Zack

For this series, I only read Alex. So I can't give a comparison like everyone else who follow this series religiously. I can assure you however, this book can works as a standalone.

Gray Brannon is the new GM aka lady boss for the Carolina Cold Fury. What is a woman doing in a man position? Well, she is out to make history despite th
Kim Bailey
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kim by: Amy | Foxy Blogs
4.5 Stars

A fun, sexy read with some seriously tense moments.

So many elements of this book worked for me ... not sure where to even start.
How about a quick list of the things I loved:

#1. Gray - the leading lady is strong willed, savvy and confident. The fact that she's an Olympic medal holder on it's own is impressive ... but the fact that she's smart enough and bold enough to take on the role of managing a men's professional hockey team? Astounding!

#2. Ryker - as the "old guy" on the team he pro
Jen
2.5 Disappointing Stars

I'm going to have to dig DEEP within myself for this review. I definitely didn't hate it but for as much as I've enjoyed this series, this one seemed to take me forever to finish and was the very definition of meh reading. Yeah, I've got a shelf just for those.

Review to come if and when the lethargy leaves me.

ARC provided by Loveswept via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
*** 4,5 "Big Bang" stars from me***

Firstly, i have to say that i really love all this hockey players of Cold Fury Carolina's team...

They are hot, young, talented and their stories were full of sentimental and funny moments!!!
They were fighters with a big "F" inside the hockey arena and outside of it!!!
Every single one of them is a unique and wonderfull person...
I won't lie to you... I have a small preference toward Zack, but i really enjoyed Ryker's story...

In the previous book, i felt sympa
Jayme

There is no secret that I'm a sport romance geek. Along with a soft spot for Carolina Cold Fury team I couldn't not like that part. I was waiting for Ryker Evans and I'm not disappointed.

***Quick Review:***

Series: The fourth part in the Cold Fury Hockey series.
Grade/Tag Tabs: New Adult, Contemporary, Sport Romance.
Release Date: September 8th 2015.
Main characters: Ryker Evans, thirty-two years old, single dad, goalie of the Carolina Cold Fury. Gray Brannon, thirty-one years old, first femal
Eliza
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it

The series may be called Cold Fury but Sawyer Bennett's boys heat up more than just the ice. Rykker was a good addition to the series. In relation to the previous books, I found it the lowest in angst but interesting and enjoyable enough to finish one sitting.

photo 8D80F14F-0FE8-4BD8-87E5-0D368D92E223_zpsh0pnbzgk.jpg
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sawyer Bennett, Cold Fury Hockey fans, romance
4 Making the Leap Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
This was a solid installment for the Cold Fury Franchise. We had met Ryker already... so readers of the series were primed and ready for his story. Bennett delivered for me a tale of two people capable in their careers. They had individual challenges and both were able to see their way through them.

The beauty of it all was the way they both finally over came all of the obstacles keeping them apart. They didn't let outsiders color their desire for one
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Dec 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Ryker was such a light easy beautiful story.
I know I rated 3 star but I really did enjoy it. It was just maybe too easy, too cute for my taste

Ryker is a 32 goalie for the Cold Fury. If you've read the other books in the series, you already met him in Zack's book.
He is the father of two beautiful girls and he has their custody while their mother comes and visits

I loved Ryker's easy going attitude. From the beginning he has this natural aura that surrenders him. He is always positive and his girls
~Kristin~
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
First off, this cover...

I have read all the books in the Cold Fury series and while Garrett is still my favorite story..I mean that epilogue was epic, Ryker is my favorite leading man. He was such an all around awesome guy, I loved him with his daughters, and I loved him with Gray. The reason I keep coming back to this series is the characters all seem to discover something within themselves, through the struggles of accepting that to get what they really want out of life they have to b
Sabrina
I'm just going to put these here...

Ladies, feast your eyes on Henry Lundqvist, Goalie for the New York Rangers

Um yeah, anyway

Gray Brannon takes over as General Manager for the Cold Fury Hockey Team. But with that comes doubt and negativity from players who don't believe that a woman can do the job. Ryker never doubted her, though, and supports her as much as he can. Their friendship quickly turns into a deeper attraction, but because Ryker is basically Gray's employee they can't start a relation
✰ Liz ✰
"I'm doing what feels right to me. You feel right to me."
description

Ryker is the fourth book in the Cold Fury Hockey Series. Anyone that enjoys a smoking hot forbidden romance MUST MEET RYKER NOW! Although each book in the series is critical for understanding the overall story arc of the characters, each book in the series can be read as a stand-alone. The Cold Fury boys have become one of my go-to hockey teams when I am looking for a quick smoking hotfix. Readers beware once you start this series, yo
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: Hmmm. This is a hard one to rate. I did enjoy it. The characters were likeable. The H was pretty darn perfect. Maybe that's it -- maybe it was all too perfect...? I feel like it barely skimmed the surface of their story and I was waiting to feel more about them, but sadly it never came. It might be because there were often times that the characters brought up in their POVs all this talking and connecting that happened between them, but we didn't experience it. I also fe
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
9/8/15: Now Available!

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I can officially say that I am in love with this series! These books are like candy and I cannot seem to get enough of them. This book fits into the series perfectly. I was thrilled when I found out that Ryker was going to be the Hero in this book. I just loved everything about him in his appearances in the previous installment, Zack. Each of these books can be easily read as a stand alone novel but readers of the series
Dali
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when two driven professionals with equally loving hearts are attracted to each other but know their paths mustn't cross? I got whole lot of sweet smiles, tender hugs and sexy moments and a feel-good story about love conquering all.
“If it’s real love… it’s supposed to be hard… because you feel deeper. Things are more important. The risks are greater and the rewards surpass anything you could hope for.”

Ryker “the Brick” Evans has mastered being a single parent to two ador
Patrycja
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

4 Stars

Making my way through the Cold Fury Series, I could not wait to devour Ryker Evan’s story. He was…. dreamy.

Ryker’s a scorching hot hockey player, a great dad, a passionate lover and funny. I couldn’t resist his charms and now I’m a giddy goalie groupie. But, what made this an extra delicious read for me was my muse. (The insanely sexy Henrik Lunqvist. - the incredibly hot NY Ranger).

Ryker flooded my imagination the minute I was first introduced to his character in ZACK
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Oh yeah, another great Cold Fury book. Ryker was amazing and so wonderful not only with his daughters but with Gray. I was expecting her to be a little harder and was pleasantly surprised that she was not. I loved seeing all the old crew hanging out together. I loved all of Zack's attempts at proposing. I can't wait to see who's up next.
Michelle
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Ryker was introduced in Zack, as the newly single dad an veteran league goalie. It’s undeniable that there was something about Ryker that was likable while we read briefly about him and his new situation with a new team during Zack, so getting his story was something I was greatly looking forward to.

It didn’t take long to fall head over heels for this one. It was a few simple scenes with his little girl, and this woman was done for. I loved that although his wife cheating and leaving him could h
Lyndy Ann ♫
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, arc-netgalley
Ryker is the 4th book in the Cold Fury series and I would recommend they be read in order.

Ryker is the goalie for Cold Fury hockey team he is at the peak of his career and not too far from retirement. He is a single father he has full custody of his two young daughters and a relationship is the last thing on his mind.

Gray Brannon is the new General Manager of Cold Fury the only woman to have this position in the league, her career is her life.

There is chemistry between Ryker and Gray they try an
Dali

Ryker “the Brick” Evans has mastered being a single parent to two ador
Lea ★
Ok, I am slightly obsessed with Sawyer Bennett's Cold Fury series.
Loved it :)
Radd Reader
“I love you. No matter what happens tomorrow, or the day after that, or the day after that. I. Love. You.”

Characters
Ryker, aka The Brick Wall (32, professional hockey player):
The following words/phrases were used to describe Ryker: single dad, intimidating, has fortitude, gorgeous, Thor-like body, commanding, graceful, confident, a good man, team player, selfless.

Ryker is getting back on his feet after some struggles he had in a previous book. Apparently his wife cheated on him with a

• Major Misconduct (Aces Hockey, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Top Shelf (Aces Hockey, #3)
  • Icing (Aces Hockey, #2)
  • Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
  • Falling for the Backup (Assassins, #4)
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Off Limits (Aces Hockey, #1.5)
  • Back Check (Aces Hockey, #4)
  • Donovan (Face-Off #3)
  • Enforcer (Seattle Sharks, #2)
  • Breaking Away (Assassins, #6)
  • Grinder (Seattle Sharks, #1)
  • Luca (Chicago Blaze, #2)
  • Pucked Off (Pucked, #5)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling author Sawyer Bennett uses real life experience to create relatable stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From contemporary romance, fantasy romance, and both women’s and general fiction, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone.

A former trial lawyer from North Carolina, when she is not bringing fiction to life, Sawyer

Cold Fury Hockey (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1)
  • Garrett (Cold Fury Hockey, #2)
  • Zack (Cold Fury Hockey, #3)
  • Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7)
  • Lucas (Cold Fury Hockey, #8)
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • Marek (Cold Fury Hockey, #11)

News & Interviews

“Yes…be yourself. Don’t go in that room and for one minute try to mold yourself to their expectations. I didn’t offer you this position to do the same exact job I did. I gave it to you because I want you to be better at it than I was, and you’re going to be because of who you are, not who they want you to be.” 2 likes
“But no one—and I repeat no one—plays with my lady balls. That just won’t do.” 1 likes