Start by marking “Zack (Cold Fury Hockey, #3)” as Want to Read:
Zack (Cold Fury Hockey, #3)

Zack

(Cold Fury Hockey #3)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  13,102 ratings  ·  1,168 reviews
Rising star Zack Grantham has been stuck in a downward spiral of grief ever since the car accident that left him a single dad and put his career on hold. Back on the road with the Carolina Cold Fury and still crippled by emotional baggage, he’s in need of some serious help with his son. But while the nerdy new nanny wins his son’s heart, Zack isn’t sure he’s ready for a wo ...more
Published June 9th 2015 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Zack, please sign up.
Cheri It can be, but I think you'd miss out on the depth of Zack's feelings by not reading the other books since he and Gina are mentioned multiple times in…moreIt can be, but I think you'd miss out on the depth of Zack's feelings by not reading the other books since he and Gina are mentioned multiple times in both books. You won't be totally lost though.(less)

·  13,102 ratings  ·  1,168 reviews

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
(ARC Provided by Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via Netgalley in Exchange for an Honest Review)
{BR with Mel}

photo d6de1a424c7750acef6e3ca7c49bf032_zpsk35azyzl.jpg

Zack Grantham is the starting second-line left winger for the Cold Fury. We met him in book two, and let's just say that things weren't looking too rosy for him. His girlfriend, who was his high school sweetheart, and mother of his 3 year old son, Ben, was killed in a car accident. He was driving.

When I read this part, my heart broke wide open for Zack.
I thou
Christy
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 28da1ff7-61ff-4501-bb3d-693022f4e0a8_zpsbxz3ft7j.jpg

Zack is the 3rd book in Sawyer Bennett’s Cold Fury Hockey series and one I’ve book looking forward to since book 2. Zack is another hockey player on the Cold Fury team. He’s a family man. He has his son, Ben- and he had Ben’s mom, Gina. After a terrible car accident, he doesn’t have Gina any longer and he finds himself a single dad full of pain and guilt. Zack didn’t take Gina’s death well. He was driving the car when she died, so he feels guilty about her death as well as other things
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
LIVE -> http://amzn.to/1EHzWeQ

I’ve never been a big hockey fan UNTIL I saw the covers for the Cold Fury series. HOLY HOCKEY STICKS. If hockey players are that hot looking then I’m becoming a fan. Actually, I do watch it sometimes with my husband. The players wear so much padding I had no clue they were anything but a bunch of Stay Puft Marshmallow Men on skates.

description

Zack was introduced in the previous books as a devoted dad to his little boy, Ben, and his long-time girlfriend who is Ben’s mom. W
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
It's LIVE! * Amazon US * Amazon UK *

I practically inhaled this story. If real life had permitted, I would have read ZACK in a single sitting, I was utterly enamoured with the story arc, the prose, the dialogue, the protagonists and especially the relationship between Zack and Kate.

The male protagonist's devastating and life changing experience transpires at the end of the last story in the Cold Fury series and sets the scene beautifully for his own standalone novel. ZACK begins four months later
Catarina
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Sweet Stars.

If you’ve read the previous books you know what happened to Zack. He lost his girlfriend in a car accident, making a single parent to a little boy, Ben.
Now, getting back to work he needs a full time babysitter for Ben. Enters Kate, a little geeky, wearing simple clothes to deflect man’s attention, she doesn’t make a first great impression on Zack.
But as the time passes and he sees how she is with Ben and they get to know each other better, feelings start to grow between them. An
Pam
3.5 guilty I didn't love it more stars

Zack is a hard man to love, when I first met him in Garrett's book, my heart was tender with the tragedy that stuck him. But the reality of him set in with the opening scene and I don't know, he left me feeling cold. There were a few things about him that bothered me, did I think it was a tad too soon for all this to go down, yes in a way. He was as a man drowning in his guilt, taking it out on those who are there to help him; being insensitive and just down
Beverly
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zack is the third book in the Cold Fury Series and my favorite to date. I absolutely love books about single dads! So as sad as I was to read about Zack’s situation in Garrett, I was looking forward to seeing him find his HEA.

The story begins four months after the accident that killed Gina. Zack's physical wounds have healed and he will be starting back with the Fury. His sister is helping him sort through some things and hires Kate to work as Ben’s nanny. This is not a smooth transition for any
London
description
Title: Zach (cold fury hockey #3)
Author: Sawyer Bennet
Rating: 2 disappoint stars
POV: Dual
HEA: (view spoiler)
Heat/Steam 2/5
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .Yes-pretty pathetic heroine.
Über Douchebagery .Not really since he was honest upfront .
Taboo Subject Matter .no.
Cheating or sex outside MC's: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
description

Unfortunately I just couldn't connect to this story. I didn't relate to the
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Netgalley)
(BR with Patty)

photo 020755ce-4087-495d-8d2e-6003756d6d57_zpszfz23pqq.jpg

photo 4b8d58a6-fb3c-4781-b89c-6db87c8d3981_zpsc7y7jh7a.png

Zack Grantham is a 27 yr. old heartbroken guy who feels dead inside after a car accident forever changed his life, & made him a single dad. He lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, and is the left winger for the professional hockey team The Cold Fury. He's been out of the lineup for about 4 months because of a fractured wrist. After missing the 1st half of the season, Zack is anxious to get back on the ice. The only things that still keep him
Geri Reads
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

Zack had it good. He's a professional hockey player with a gorgeous doting girlfriend and a son. Life was good until it threw him a curve ball. His life was suddenly upended when he lost his long time girlfriend, Gina, in a car accident. He loved her but he felt guilty for not giving her the thing she wanted most: His Name.

A couple of months ago I said this:
Ugh. I absolutely hated what happened to Zack in the previous book. I wanted a story with his girlfriend. I wanted to know why he
Auntee
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of this series and fans of emotional sports romances
Can't wait to get started!

Update:

Totally adored this book, largely due to the plucky, adorkable heroine (23 year-old nanny Kate) although grieving (essentially but not technically a) widower hockey stud Zack was no slouch himself. But god, did he almost destroy a good thing with his guilt...

Kate...
 photo 5ac5d162-974a-44a6-b8d5-e369637b6185_zpsfmgpc3yp.jpg

Zack...
 photo 99878a77-6b08-4672-8b40-f3909419812b_zpsmwjw4ic9.jpg

Loved everything about it, and it made me cry so hard during the last few chapters, I had to take a small break from it. What a winner! Full review closer to release date in June...5+ stars

Lo
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
4.5 guitly stars

description

Whenever I open a book from Sawyer Bennett, I know I'm going to have a good time. I know that I will like what she has written and I'm always eager to discover what new story she has to offer.
With her Cold Fury series, we are carry over a world of sports and it was a true delight to read about Alex and Garrett but after what happened in Garrett's book I was more than ready for Zack. And once again Sawyer Bennett didn't disappoint.

I think Zack is for the moment my fav' in the ser
Jen
3.5 “Hell on Skates” Stars

”Kate…you touch me in a way that no other human being ever has. I’m not sure if it’s your spirit and determination or your kindness. The way you care for Ben. Hell, maybe it’s your dorky ways, because all I know is that you make me laugh. You make my world bright again. You make it brighter than it ever has been before. You were what was missing from my life and I’m not going to let that get away.” .

I need to start off by saying that I really enjoyed this book. After r
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange of honest review

Sawyer Bennett...if you are reading this review, I just want to start off and say thank you for writing a kick ass heroine. I may have a girl crush on Roberta Kate Francis.

I unquestionably loved Zack by Sawyer Bennett. ZACK is the second book that I have read from Ms. Bennett. And when I first read her novella in The Night Shift Anthology, I was hooked with her writing and was beyond excited to read another book from her. And let me tell yo
NiCoLeTa E.
***5 "HOS" aka "Hell On Skates" big stars***

That was absolutely... fantastic!!!
I think that the third book of this series is my favorite!!
I loved Zack and i really loved Kate, even though i had my doubts in the beginning...

You see, in the previous two books we saw Zack all the time to be stucked with Gina, so i wasn't sure how this going to work...
But let me explain you some pre-history...

Zack and Gina were highschool sweethearts...

They were so in love even though they counted seven years as
Liz
★4.5★
""I'm still hell on skates."
description

Zack is the third book in the Cold Fury Hockey Series and to say I have become obsessed with the men of this hockey team is the understatement of the century. After getting to know Zack in Garrett, I was DYING to get my hands on this read!

description

Zack has just lost his girlfriend and the mother of his child in a tragic accident. The tragedy has affected his personal life and his professional life. Although his family and teammates have tried to support him and offer h
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: If you like to read about a real ASSHAT!
Denisa
Aug 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: giddy, romance, cute, relaxing
It was cute, it really was.
There were some stuff I didn't like, well not really that I didn't like them but they felt kinda off... like (view spoiler).
But even so, I found this book pretty cute, I like the plot and the characters, for better or worse.
Lyndy Ann ♫
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, arc-netgalley
4.5* for Zack his story continues from Garrett book 2 in the Cold Fury Hockey series.

Zack needs a nanny for little Ben enter Kate who his big sister hired.

Zack takes an instant dislike to Kate going off appearance alone she is wearing old baggy clothes, big glasses and her hair is up in a tight bun and she won’t stop babbling.

Kate has her reasons for the way she dresses and does her hair and she has not got the money to go splashing on clothes.

What is going to happen between them when Zack gets
Claire Robinson
4 - "No more hiding." Stars!

Zack is one of the books released in 2015 that I have waited impatiently to read, after finishing Garrett back in February, I just knew going into this book (if you have read its predecessor) that it had huge potential to tug on the heartstrings, and it did; not quite as much as I was expecting it too, but it was still a really enjoyable and emotional read.

This book picks up around three months after the end of Garrett, Zack Grantham is still very much dealing with th
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4.5 Stars!

I absolutely loved this book! The funny thing is that if one of my friends had told me about this book I don't think I would have picked it up based on the description. I just would have never thought that I would like a story about a man falling for his son's nanny as much as I did. I am kind of wondering now how many other awesome books I have missed out on because I can't see past the basic description.

This is the third book in t
Jayme
Not exactly an easy book to read, however, after the previous expecting - a sea of tears - it was quite pleasant. A lot of guilty, but also laughter and fun. Thanks for that to heroine!

"It’s like being in a dark room and coming out into the sunshine…the bright light welcoming, but painful at the same time."

***Quick Review:***

Series: The third book in the Cold Fury Hockey series.
Grade: Erotic and Sports Romance
Main characters: Zack is Cold Fury Hockey player. He lost a loved one in an acci
Kim Bailey
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Zack, oh Zack ...

you almost lost me Zack! I was so close to really disliking you ... and then you pulled your head out of your ass & I decided you were really just a wounded, grieving guy after all & not a completely self-absorbed, inconsiderate jerk. Even though you did the standard guy thing of ignoring your own damn feelings, at least you did it for good reasons. And, I do need to give you props, because you really are a fantastic father. The way you put your little boy ahead of every
Bindi Boo
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

LOVED LOVED LOVED!
After that depressing book slump.. this book was a boon! The heroine in this book was the best- the kindest,sweetest, sexiest, most understanding person Zack had the fortune to meet. Their relationship gradually progressed and i loved the way Zack learnt to hang onto Kate. This book deals with a dead ex, so may not be the book for everyone. I appreciated Kate's baby steps in approaching Zack, all the while keeping a logical mindset. They were meant for each other from
Sabrina
4 Stars
(May contain spoilers if you have not read Garrett)

I wanted to hug Zack, cuddle him, and never let him go! Zack lost his girlfriend, Gina, in a car accident and is now a single parent to his son, Ben. Living with guilt over his past relationship with Gina, Zack has a hard time moving on and just goes through the motions of life trying to be normal for Ben's sake. Normal includes returning to his team, Cold Fury, now that his injury is healed fully.

Kate is Zack's new nanny. A dorky, absol
Jacqueline's Reads
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Baby Daddy Stars

I’m slowly making my way through the series, I’ve been skipping around the books because I’m just crazy like that. I had to read Zack’s story because he’s *GASP* a SINGLE DAD! Yup, my heart just swoon a little and I got a big smile on my face.

I did the audio version. I really like listening to these books on audio because it’s really light and easy to listen to. I feel like I can stop at any moment and pick it up at any time. I also love dual narration, so whenever there’s a ma
Alex ♈
Oct 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
Zack was a jerk.
I was very sorry for Gina. She definitely deserved a better man!
The only HEA I saw, Gina would be alive, would dump H and find a real man, who loved her.
I was NOT ok with the fact that he moved on only a couple of months after the death of his beloved woman = the mother of his child. Common, the whole issue with not want to marry Gina after many years together, but to propose to h after short time is just so insulting! So sorry, Gina!!!
Michelle
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: x-book-bonanza
Zack’s life changed when he lost Gina and became a single dad in an instant. It’s been four months of moving forward but not feeling anything other than guilt and love for his son. With his injury healed and returning to Cold Fury in his future, he needs to find someone to care for Ben – enter Kate.

Kate has spent the last decade hiding beneath baggy clothes and her happy-go-lucky attitude. Doing whatever it took to achieve her goals, living penny to penny; working for Zack is a dream come true.
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog

Copy received via netgalley in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont Romance
Series : - 3rd in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 3.5 rounded up to 4 stars

★Review★

I have to have been honest in being of 2 minds about this story. I did not really
Vicki
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one, definitely my fave of the series and that's saying a lot because they're all so good. They just keep getting better and I can't wait for the next! :)

• Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat, #5)
  • Hat Trick (Heller Brothers, #4)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • Overtime (Assassins, #10)
  • Chain of Illusions (Bringer and the Bane, #3)
  • Making a Comeback (More Than a Game, #3)
  • Game Play (Power Play, #1)
  • Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • Called Out (Calling It, #3)
  • Conflagration (The Wellingtons, #2)
  • To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • Lucky Charmed (Charmed in Texas, #2)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • The Day He Kissed Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #3)
Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released multiple books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.

A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult

Cold Fury Hockey (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1)
  • Garrett (Cold Fury Hockey, #2)
  • Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4)
  • Hawke (Cold Fury Hockey, #5)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7)
  • Lucas (Cold Fury Hockey, #8)
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • Marek (Cold Fury Hockey, #11)
“Dear Lord, thank you for introducing me to my two favorite men in the world…Ben and Jerry. I hope you aren’t offended by this threesome.” 7 likes
“Five fucking months,” he says softly as his hands come up to my back and undo the clasp
on my bra. He steps back to peel the material away from me. He pays no attention to my bra,
but rather pins his eyes to my breasts.
“Five months?” I ask hesitantly, mesmerized by the way he’s gazing at me.
His eyes drag up to mine, looking almost pained to leave my breasts. “Since I’ve felt
anything.”