Start by marking “Shadows of Darkness” as Want to Read:
Shadows of Darkness

Shadows of Darkness

This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B00EEEDL54

The background to this mystery thriller and romance drama is the idyllic town of Sanremo on the Italian Riviera. Not the place to expect to find murder, corruption and political intrigue. Or so Nico Moretti, an attorney, thought when he moved there from the Big City in search of a more peaceful life.
But overnight,
Kindle Edition
Published January 14th 2014 by DSF Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Shadows of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows of Darkness

Start your review of Shadows of Darkness
T.
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
David S. Fisher's 'Shadows of Darkness' is ostensibly a noir-ish, private eye novel set in the coastal Italian city of Sanremo. The main character, Nico, gets a mysterious call from a woman in dire need of his help, but when he arrives, he finds a body instead of his point of contact. Things go downhill from there for both Nico and his girlfriend, Susanna.

What I can't get over is not the story, which is appealing. It's the tick-tock of the story events that sidelines 'Shadows of Darkness' for
Joni Fisher
A murder mystery, set in Sanremo Italy, plays out like a game of chess. Attorney Nico Moretti finds himself drawn into the game when he discovers the body of a woman. To redirect the investigators from naming him as the easy suspect, Nico begins his own investigation.
But which of his friends are trustworthy and which have their own agendas? Surprises and twists abound all the way to the shocking conclusion and the illuminating epilogue.
Tony Parsons
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Italian Rivera/French border. Sanremo (west Ligurian town). As Nico Moretti (Italian/English, lawyer, Yale; JD, Cambridge; MS) waited patiently to meet someone, he noticed bin liner full of trash contained a corpse.
The female body all in disarray had been hit by a car.
Nico called Chief Gianni Olivera (Colonel; West Liguria Carabinieri).

The Pathologist, the Carabinieri, & Chief Olivera showed up.
Nico went to see Susanna DeVitti (Nico’s G/F). She owned/ran a 5* restaurant.
The victim was
G.J. Griffiths
For me this was a “cosy murder mystery” but set in Italy instead of an English village. It had a reasonably intriguing beginning, which, fairly obviously after a few pages, sets up lawyer Nico Moretti as being falsely implicated in a murder. The plot wends its way rather laboriously through its many twists and turns, and credit where it’s due, with lots of surprising conversations that give the main characters credible identities. I enjoyed the conversations between Nico and Mario or Olivera ...more
maryanne stites
Feb 27, 2017
Laura Koerber
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Shadows of Darkness is a mystery thriller in the Eric Ambler style featuring a protagonist who stumbles onto a murder and then proceeds, partly through his own bad choices, to get involved way over his head in affairs that he doesn’t understand.
The writing is mostly smooth and just descriptive enough, and if there were typos, I got too involved in the story to notice.
One of the strengths of the story is the characters: complex, fully-developed and realistic. I liked the smart, competent
Charlie
Kim
Nov 10, 2018
Donna Basgil
Nov 28, 2018

• I Once Was Lost, But Now I'm Found: Daisy and the Olympic Animal Sanctuary Rescue
  • The Chinese Spymaster
  • The Wrong Side of Twenty Five
Hi,

Welcome to my Book Page.

I was born and raised in the UK but have spent most of my professional life in various parts of Europe and have settled with my family in Bonn, Germany. Since retirement, I write novels for the discerning reader, under my own name and the pen name, Dale Stevens.
My genres consist of:
-- (Under David S. Fisher) a mixture of crime and mystery thrillers, detective fiction,