Start by marking “Slasher: the Escape of Richard Heinz” as Want to Read:
Slasher: the Escape of Richard Heinz

Slasher: the Escape of Richard Heinz

***Visit iainrobwright.com to get the Iain Rob Wright Starter Library (4 best-selling books, hundreds of 5 star reviews.)***

"Iain Rob Wright blows me away." - J A Konrath, author of the Jack Daniels books.

When convicted killer and certified psychopath, Richard Heinz, escapes from a secure mental hospital, his re-capture falls on the shoulders of MCU agents Dr Jessica Benne
Published December 1st 2014 by SalGad Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Slasher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slasher

Start your review of Slasher: the Escape of Richard Heinz
Paul Nelson
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Richard Heinz is a psychopath, a convicted killer and he's escaped from a secure mental hospital, or the nut house if you prefer. This guy's highly dangerous so who do we have to recapture him, MCU agents Howard Hopkins and rookie Dr Jessica Bennett and he's hiding in a forest.

So what's the plan, we'll get every Police Officer available within 50 miles of the vicinity, cordon off the area so not even a hedgehog could emerge without being seen and start a systematic search pattern, no problem, h
Kaisersoze
Sometimes authors seem to release a book they wrote out of some kind of obligation. That is, it feels phoned in, with little to no heart.Slasher: The Escape of Richard Heinz may be Iain Rob Wright's version of that book.

Now, granted, I confirmed half way through what I had begun to suspect: that this was a sequel to at least one of his previous works. I was partly correct. It was actually a sequel to two of his previous works. I would have appreciated a heads up about that, but okay, this is sup
Anthony Creane
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad, but not Wright's best

I read Slasher immediately after Wright's novel, The Picture Frame, only because the name "Richard Heinz" was mentioned in the latter.
While Slasher does contain the town of Redlake and a few characters from The Picture Frame it doesn't really serve as a sequel.
Part of me was a little disappointed with Slasher. With the title I thought Wright was going to do his take on a Slasher type story - Friday the 13th, Halloween etc - with Wright really flexing his muscles and
Ann Keeran
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent story by the inimitable Iain Rob Wright! Howard Hopkins and Jessica Bennett, members of the decimated MCU, are called to find an escaped, convicted killer. Heinz doesn't just murder his victims, he destroys them. Not for sissies!
Suzy Tadlock
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thriller!!

Iain you are an extremely talented writer. I haven't read one book of yours so far that I haven't enjoyed. Expect the unexpected!!
Enough said.
Marilyn McKnight
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Slasher

A cracking story, if rather short. I love Iain Rob Wright's books, so will forgive the brevity of this one.
Lorraine
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AN AWESOME READ!

A crazy serial killer has escaped! A definite non-stop read!! And epic story, about the chase to capture the crazy Richard Heinz!
Nev Murray
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-100-read, 2015
Richard Heinz is a convicted killer and all round psychopath. He has escaped and is hiding out in a remote wood, possibly with a hostage. MCU agents Dr Jessica Bennett and Howard Hopkins must try and track him down and bring him back in before anyone else suffers at his hands. It’s Jessica’s first field job. She can’t afford to make mistakes but she does and needs to quickly rectify things before anyone else loses their life.

This is the second story from Iain Rob Wright involving the Major Crime
Rebecca
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book had me groaning from beginning to end. It's cliché after painful cliché and definitely much lower quality than Mr Wright's previous work.

The book is about an escaped serial killer, so obviously he has to have had a problematic childhood and mother issues, this is the problem with books about serial killers. We can't possibly admit that a killer is human. We can't seem to compute the idea of another human being having sadistic inclinations and a blood lust.

The fact is that very few pe
Shadow Girl
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Two days ago, psychopath Richard Heinz killed two guards, and escaped custody while being transported to a local clinic.
Heinz has been obsessed with horror/thriller writer Blake Price for most of his adult life, with Mrs. Price being one of his final victims before capture.
The manhunt for Heinz has led authorities to the writer’s home town, with Officer Hopkins and Dr. Bennett leading the way. They believe that trying to understand the mind of this madman will aid in his capture, but Heinz think
Victoria
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Richard Heinz is a brutal killer, rapist and psychopath.

Convicted to a life in a mental institution he has managed to escape.

He must be brought to justice but it ends up as a cat and mouse chase through the dark, cursed woods of Redlake at night, in the rain – the atmosphere is so thick it is easy to visualise.

Blake Price, the famous author who once attracted this lunatic to his house, is called upon to help. The trauma that he faces is brutal.

Not as brutal as the rape and murder of Heinz latest
Kimberly Trivette
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
More insight

This short novella gives you the insight on Blake Price, a character from Picture Frame. The insight being the capture of a serial killer that Mr.Price needed to be a part of.
Tammy Ellis
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, my second book by Iain Rob Wright and what a ride! Downloading another while I write this review! Check him out!
Douglas Castagna
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fast paced and quick, there are no lack of thrills and violence in this novella by a brilliant writer.
Shell Swinscoe
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
totally unputdownable I read it in about an hour, loved every page. just another awesome book from my favourite author!!!
Kathy
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Short story about an escaped killer. I wish it would have been a little longer, a little more suspense, and a little more action. Still, one of my favorite writers.
The Grim Reader
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fear on every page

Although this is only a novella, plenty to get excited about. Iain Rob fans will recognize the characters from his other novels. A great quick read.
Eileen
Sep 30, 2017
Paul McParland
Feb 23, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Hack (Hunter/O'Sullivan Adventure, #1)
  • Dark Side of Sunset Pointe (Lance Underphal Mystery #1)
  • Abductions (Abductions #1)
  • Bad Blood (Violet Darger #4)
  • The Mystery of the Haunted Caves (Troop 13, #1)
  • Beat Down (Abductions #2)
  • Haunted (The Evergreen Motel #2)
  • Sleepless (The Evergreen Motel #1)
  • Chased (The Evergreen Motel #3)
  • Miami Storm (Titus South Florida Mystery Thriller Series Book 3)
  • The Evergreen Motel: Cursed (Part Five)
  • Paranormal: Horror Novel (Dark Mysteries Book 1)
  • Paranormal 2: Horror Novel (Dark Mysteries)
  • The Innocent (Jack "Keeper" Marconi #1)
  • Kill Alex Cross - Free Preview: The First 27 Chapters
  • Chase Baker and the God Boy (Chase Baker #3)
  • Chase Baker and the Lincoln Curse (Chase Baker #4)
  • Chase Baker and the Seventh Seal (Chase Baker #9)
Iain Rob Wright is one of the UK's most successful horror and suspense writers, with novels including the critically acclaimed, THE FINAL WINTER; the disturbing bestseller, ASBO; and the wicked screamfest, THE HOUSEMATES.

His work is currently being adapted for graphic novels, audio books, and foreign audiences. He is an active member of the Horror Writer Association and a massive animal lover.

Chec