Start by marking “The Games We Play” as Want to Read:
The Games We Play

The Games We Play

He taught me how to keep my emotions in check and how the outside world is a cruel place. He said there was no such thing as love, because love hurts people, and it makes people weak.

He said I wasn't weak.

My whole world changed when I met Ryan. He made me feel different, in a good way. As our friendship progressed so did my feelings. Feelings I wasn't supposed to have. And
261 pages
Published February 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Games We Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Games We Play

Coco.V
Feb 08, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Candy
I really enjoyed this friends to lovers story. It had a bit of angst, drama, and a happy ending.
Renea did a good job bringing Corinne and Ryan to life and telling their story.
A friendship like this one could only lead to feelings that eventually change over the course of time. You feel what the characters were feeling so you can totally relate to the situations that they were in. You'll start in the present then go back to the past and back to the present throughout this story. Strong and stub
Caitlin Audet
My rating: 3.5

Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

Sometimes you can have a guy and girl just be friends. That is exactly the case in The Games We Play by Renea Porter. Corinne and Ryan have been by each other's side since childhood, early on recognizing they come from similar broken homes and just need a friend. Over the years their bond has grown stronger while Corinne's life has fallen further apart. Wanting to be the dark knight in shining armor, Ryan takes matters into his ow
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
This was a wonderful friends to lovers romance with the feels you would expect with a bad boy, poor girl combination. Corrine and Ryan have gone through hell and back while always remaining friends. When their true feelings finally emerge the two wonder if it is best not to rock he boat of their friendship. Can both of them let go of their baggage and finally see a future? Or will they be destined to not get their HEA? I loved the dynamics and chemistry of the characters and the storyline had re ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read another book by this author and thoroughly enjoyed it. It didn't leave me with questions like this book did. I really wanted to see more of Ryan's POV since he was so closed off and I think it would have helped understanding more of the relationship between the 2. It was a great friends to lovers story, which I am always a sucker for. Corinne and Ryan were perfect for each other from start to finish.
SOMDReigel
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Games We Play is a young adult/friends to lovers romance. A friendship that started in their childhood turns to a love that neither side wants to admit to. Their bond is strong and they go through times full of trouble to get to their HEA. The dialogue is spot on for the age of the characters of this story. Fans of New Adult genre will enjoy this read.
Sunny Shelly Reads
3.5 Stars

This was a pretty good best friends romance. Corinne has been in love with her best friend forever, but was afraid to tell Ryan so and lose their friendship. Meanwhile, Ryan has always been her protector, and I felt like he was too stuck in that mindset to really see what was going on in front of him.

I wish there had been more from Ryan’s POV because what was on his mind would have helped me understand him better. There was a disconnect between the characters for me, despite a great pr
Lauren
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author I enjoyed it but it started kinda slow for me. Corrine and Ryan have been friends since childhood and he's always been there. Ryan gets in some big trouble trying to protect her qnd ends up with Corrine on her own fending for herself. Once Ryan is back in the picture you can tell there are some hard choices to make can they have more? Or will friendship over rule the feelings they have? I wish there was more from Ryan I feel like we missed so much.
Paula Genereau
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was amazing and I couldn't put it down. It will suck you in and keep you begging for more
Sharon Jones
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
I love a best friends to lovers romance, and Renea has written a great book. I absolutely loved Ryan in this book. He was my favourite character. He has had a hard life, but he seems to rise above all that in trying to protect Corinne. He has always been there for her, trying to fight her battles - which sometimes are to his own detriment.
You could feel the love he has for her throughout the book, and I get that he doesn't want to cross that l
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
3/3.5 stars.

A sweet friends to lovers romance. I struggled to get into this story. I wasn’t sure what it was but it felt a little rushed at times and I think I would’ve enjoyed it more if the story was fleshed out a bit. The characters were okay but I wanted more. I’m not sure what it was but I was hoping for more depth.
Laurie Nichols
rated it it was ok
May 05, 2018
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Christy, 4 stars

I really liked the story and loved the characters Corrine and Ryan! I love the friendship and relationship they have. While I didn't enjoy the book skipping over a lot of time, which made it kind of confusing, that didn't take away from the fact that I loved this read!
Sitahiri
Jill
Feb 09, 2019
Charina
Feb 08, 2019
You can also find me on Facebook here: www.facebook.com/AuthorReneaPorter

Renea Porter is best known for writing realistic stories with realistic characters. Her stories may even cause you to shed a tear or two.

She mainly writes New Adult and Contemporary Romances. However, she's not afraid to venture into other genre's like Paranormal Romance.

She enjoys spending time with her husband of fifteen y