Start by marking “Wild Violet (Gilded Flower, #7)” as Want to Read:
Wild Violet (Gilded Flower, #7)

Wild Violet

(Gilded Flower #7)

Wild Violet is the first installment of The Vi Trilogy of the Gilded Flower Series. Appearing in The Lily and Dahlia Trilogies of the Gilded Flower Series, Violet Rai, or Vi, is Lily and Dahlia Baron’s sharp-witted BFF, who is always up for a party and a hot guy. But, in The Dahlia Trilogy, there are hints that Vi’s world is quickly coming apart, and her dark secret is abo ...more
Published January 2015 by Vivian Winslow

To ask other readers questions about Wild Violet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Violet

Start your review of Wild Violet (Gilded Flower, #7)
Dianne
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Always the one with the advice, Violet hasn’t had her story told until now. How did she become the woman she is today? Is her past so dark, she must keep it buried? Could this sexy spitfire have painful secrets hidden deep in her past? Hang on as we travel back in time to find out about Violet, her life, and what makes her tick, with a timeline of her life, important events. Is there more to her than meets the eye?

Vivian Winslow may have written her best and hottest work yet. Violet has guts, sp
Rhea Dsouza
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, novellas
Joint Review for the entire Violet Trilogy

I highly doubt I’d ever be able to express the sheer barrage of emotions I felt while I read this book. Violet Rai has been the most mysterious in the trio of friends. And I also just knew from the start that she’d be my favourite character.

And. She. Is.

With everything that’s revealed in the Lily and Dahlia trilogies about Violet, a few things were made pretty clear: She was secretive on purpose. She was a commitment-phobe. And probably the most importa
Home Is Where the Wine Is Book Blog
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs

5 Mind blowing stars!

Now that you heard the HEA stories of D and Lily it is time to meet Violet!

The book reveals Vi's life five years prior. Where is was still in college working on her math major and attending dance classes in her spare time. That is where she meets Andres. The dashingly handsome and charming gigolo. He literally sweeps her off her feet and I'm not just talking about with his talented dance moves…

They find that they cannot resist the attraction between them but V
Kylie Lacovich (The Reading Cow)
The Gilded Flower series by Vivian Winslow just keeps getting better and better with each installment! I thoroughly enjoyed Lily's story, I absolutely loved Dahlia's story, and I am currently totally intrigued with the beginning of Violet's story.

Once again, I find it difficult to review novellas for the reason that I am worried that I will give too much of the story away. I'm not going to say much about the storyline at all, but I will say this:

I couldn't wait to begin Violet's trilogy of the G
Louise Seraphim Reviews
Oh my gosh! I honestly didn't think the Gilded Flowers stories could get any better. I loved Lily, adored Dahlia and now I'm utterly addicted to Vi.
Vi, is best friend to the gorgeous twins Lily & Dahlia. She is always there to support her friends and give advice when they need it. Always around if anyone needs her. Yet, if ever anyone mentions her own private life, they are swiftly told to ask no questions. Vi is fiercely secretive, she is happy to joke around and dissect others problems, but t
Kristy Centeno
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After devouring the Dahlia Trilogy from the Gilded Flowers series, I was more than happy to get into Wild Violet. I’m happy to inform I was not disappointed.
Vi, as her friends call her, is such a complex character. Yet, she’s so likable. In the Dahlia Trilogy I wasn’t sure what the deal with her was. Or what mysteries hid behind the outspoken English gal. Thankfully, Wild Violet begins to ease us into Vi’s life and a things changed rapidly for me.
To be honest, I wasn’t sure whether I liked her o
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, arc
We’ve learned bits and pieces about Violet throughout the first two Gilded Flowers trilogies, but if you sit back and think about it we really haven’t learned anything at all. She’s very secretive and private. I had always just assumed she was financially as loaded as the twins but now with the first installment to her trilogy we get tangible information about her.

A majority of this novella takes place five years ago. It builds and exposes her backstory. We discover her family dynamics are, wel
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
These just keep getting better and better !! WOW I knew Violet's story would be good but this is going to blow us out of the water !!

I love how the prologue starts where we left off but then in chapter 1 we travel back 5 years for the story of Vi !! I enjoyed learning about her background , her father is of course a real piece of work. Violet is a strong independent woman and she is not going to let anyone tell her what to do or who to do it with !! I admire her strength. Of course Andres was a
Kara
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review posted at: http://bookcrushbookreviews.com/2015/...

Rating: 3.5 stars

WV commences where Red Dahlia concluded with Vi (Violet) running out of Dahlia's home. In WV we get Violet's backstory regarding her relationship or lack thereof with her father as well as the men she meets along her journey while in University. Vi held back with Dahlia and Lily in the previous installments so to finally get a peek at some of her secrets is intriguing. We meet Andres, Todd, and Samir. Andres introduces Vi
Breanna Eichhorn
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Violet replays the events of the last hour. Why would Thomas send Dahlia the thumb drive? Lily wants Violet to come to Italy, she doesn't want to go and be the third wheel to Jack and Lily's romantic holiday. Violet is in dance class, she is in the half that has to dance with partners. Her partner Andres, wants to go get coffee but she doesn't want to. Andres finds out her name and she wasn't happy about it. Violets father wants her to come work for the family business after she graduates from c
Silvana
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Meet Violet. Vi is on college. Her father is very rich and he paid her for luxury she have: big apartment, fancy clothes and full credit cards. Vi decides to go on dance classes and there she meet hot Andreas. She doesn't want to put herself in relationship but with Andreas is not that easy. Her life become more complicated when her father shows up with some dements and ultimatum. Vi is independent young woman and her father's demands doesn't like at all, so her father cut of her finance. Vi mus ...more
Serenity
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another book by Vivian! We had Lily's story, Dahlia's story and now its Violet's turn. I have no idea how Vivian does it, but she manages to keep writing up some awesomeness.

Okay so, we know Violet as the best friend of Lily and Dahlia, but now we get to really know Violet. She is an amazing lady and will be there for anyone, as we see through the other books. But now her personal life is starting to be revealed and now I can see why she had these secrets and I got a better insight on her. It
Darra Hulsart
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I truly have loved each book. Vivian's stories are not the same story we all have read before. Never one dimensional. Each book has evolving plots that surprises me each time. I always gravitate to each new series.
With that being said, Vi was a completely different from what I expected. Even though she may have had some money in her pocket like her B-fries, she is now in a position where she has to stand on her own. Of course she meets some guys in the book. Andre mostly. He blew my mind. I did
Heidi Sturgess
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2015
I received an ARC from the author via TNT Reviews in exchange for an honest review.

This "Gilded Flower" series just gets better , its like an aging bottle of red wine!So Violet has a few skeletons in her closet !

Finally in Wild Violet we get to see more of Violet and who she is. We also get to know more of Thomas and his relationship with Violetvand the history they share .

Wild Violet took a different edge for me it had an element of suspense to it and there were a few moments  filled with anxi
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books

This book gives us pertinent informaion on Vi's family and background. It begins 5 yrs before the previous book in the series. The relationship of Vi, Dahlia and Lily is highlighted while they were in college.

In an effort to get out from under her father's thumb, an opportunity surfaces at the expense of Vi's broken heart. We learn how Vi's secret life began and the man at the start of it all.

The epiloque brings us back to present day, with Vi seeking out
SB Morales
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you have been following The Gilded Flower series then you know Vi is more than meets the eye. Winslow gives a look into the what, when, and how of Vi's life. I loved the first two stories, but after reading this I think Vi's story just might be favorite!! I loved how, Winslow, wrote her story. It's not just a retelling of a story from another characters point of view. When pants events are mentioned it's just to give the reader an idea of where on the time line it falls. This is a totally Vi' ...more
Tina
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
We finally get a glimpse into the secrets of Violet. She always seemed like such an intriguing character in the Gilded Flower series so far and as a reader you cannot help but wonder who she it and what she is all about. Well in this first installment to the novella trilogy about Violet, you finally start to see behind the mystery. I don't want to give anything away but here is what you should expect.....

A glimpse into who Violet is and what she was like 5 years ago.
HOT guys.
HOT HOT "moments". a
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it

Wild Violet is book seven in The Gilded Flower Series. This is Violet's story and can be read without reading the others. Books one through three are Lily's story. Book four through six are Dahlia's story. Violet or Vi is Lily and Dahlia's best friend. Vi is a great best friend and also has great advice. We know little about Vi background and in this book we get an insight on Vi. We can some past and some present in this book. It's a great start to Vi's trigoly. I can't wait to see what happens
Jen Cothran
This series trilogy just keeps getting better and better....with Lily we meet Dahila and Violet and learn all about their adventures in life and love...and honestly Vi's series is just as hot, if not hotter than the first two....None of the books leave you disappointed but learning all about Vi and what she has done to get where we left off with the end of Dahila's series is just fantastic....I look forward to continuing her journey and am excited where this first of three is this trilogy of Vio ...more
werejumpinbooks
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Loved every word and loved the story line ♥ can’t wait to see what happens with Vi. Reading this novella really makes me want to read more about the characters: Lily and Dahlia in The Gilded Flower series, of course I would love to get to know more Vi more and continue reading about her. This book absolutely was amazing. Could not put it down.
Between the steamy scenes, the action, the plot twists and turns and the family dramas… I just can not wait to read more! I read this book within a fe
Danielle Goodwin
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Vivian Winslow's "Wild Violet" is the first story in the Violet Trilogy and the seventh tale in the Gilded Flower universe. Violet, Dahlia's BFF, is an interesting character. This one branched out a little sexually and included a M/F/F three-way! Nom nom nom nom! The nookie is exceptional in this one, you don't want to miss it. It's a quick read and I can't wait to devour the next one, "Hidden Violet," which is coming soon.
Linda Rimer-Como
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another great addition to The Gilded Flower series and I was not disappointed. It is well written with strong characters and is very hot, steamy. An intense storyline, full of secrets and plenty of twists and turns throughout. This authors books are never dull or boring, they grab you at the start and hold you until the very end!

Received copy for review.
Ashley
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Son of a GUN! First of all, I TOTALLY did not expect that being part of what Vi was hiding in her past. Second, this is SO not the guy I was thinking I was going to be reading about. (Although, he was REALLY enjoyable to read.) And third, HOW CAN YOU LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THAT?!?!?! :)
Monica
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!!!

This is a super sexy, HOT, and short read. Please know this is a series and the book has a cliff-hanger.

Finally we get more information on the mysterious Violet “Vi”. Vi is sassy, smart and knows what she wants in her bedroom. Vi meets Andres Costas in a dance class and the heat scorches. This couple has some steamy chemistry and plenty of angst between them. Vi experiences a few lows in her life in this book and the big question will be

Vi finds herself in a vulnerable place with emo
Crystal Marie
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love it when you read a book in a series and it changes your mind about a character. That’s what happened to me with this story.

In the first of this new series that piggybacks on the Gilded Flower Series, we are let into Vi’s world. Best friend to Dahlia, we’ve not been privy to her story until now. What we do find out is a dark past filled with secrets that make Vi the woman she is today.

As I said, finding out more about Vi was not something I was so sure about but at the end I was really h
Love Africa Book Club
Violet has been a woman of mystery in the previous books in The Gilded Flower Series so its’ only fair that she gets her own series. This book is essentially a flashback to give the reader the backstory of how she is where she is at the moment.
We see her as a student living off the very generous handouts from her incredible rich father. The chemistry between Andres, whom she meets at a dance class, and her sizzles off the page, especially the dance scenes. He helps her move from being reliant on
Amy
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! I was so excited to get this first book, but forced myself to wait until I had all 3 books so I could continuously read through without having to die waiting. I'm glad I did. I didn't know what to expect coming into this first book. I knew Vi was up to something. It was hinted at through the other 6 books. I couldn't wait to find out what it was. It wasn't what I thought it was but it was still surprising. Vi's story with her father. I felt so bad for her to have to deal with him. But then ...more
EndlessReading
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Gilded Flower series by Vivian Winslow just keeps getting better and better with each instalment!

Violet has always been the wild one, but when her father cut off her inheritance 5 years ago she became wilder still, choosing a profession and a lifestyle that he would disapprove of.

She doesn't want to put herself in relationship but with Andreas is not that easy. Her life become more complicated when her father shows up with some demands and ultimatums.

An intense storyline, full of secrets and
Rachel
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Violet's story is great. I love her character. She's always a force to be reckoned with. Always telling how it is, Vi has a way with always jumping from one man to another, only on her terms.
She's since met her match and I love the byplay between her and Andres.
I love the sexy side of this story as well as Vi's coming into her own finally, trying to pull out from under her fathers thumb.
I can't wait to continue Vi's story!
4 solids stars.
Angela
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Solid Stars

This review is for The Vi Trilogy.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this series, I was excited for these books from reading the previous The Gilded Flower Series and Vi's character was an interesting one to read.

Kept me interested from start to finish, was a great way to finish this series. Definitely a series to be put on your TBR!

Vivian Winslow is the pen name for Elizabeth A. Hayes. Elizabeth was born and raised in San Diego, California but has spent most of her adult life as the consummate wanderer. She received a B.A. in European History from the University of Chicago and a Master’s Degree in French Studies from New York University. After eleven moves across four continents over a span of seventeen years, her journey ha ...more

Gilded Flower (9 books)
  • Gilded Lily (Gilded Flower, #1)
  • Calla Lily (Gilded Flower, #2)
  • Tiger Lily (Gilded Flower, #3)
  • Blue Dahlia (Gilded Flower, #4)
  • Black Dahlia (Gilded Flower, #5)
  • Red Dahlia (Gilded Flower, #6)
  • Hidden Violet (The Gilded Flower Series, #8)
  • True Violet (The Gilded Flower Series, #9)

News & Interviews